If you got any question you'd like to ask someone with DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder), the time is now...

If you got any question you'd like to ask someone with DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder), the time is now. No need to be polite, if you wanna call me a retarded faggot then who am I to stop you?

Got some time to kill and I will answer everything honestly.

Attached: 1498869094483.jpg (720x539, 25K)

nope... U R gay goback to FB

Thank you, user. Anyone else?

Attached: 1489727656008.jpg (640x513, 34K)

>Dissociative Identity Disorder
Explain, I don't feel like looking it up.

we just wanted to say he's retarded but also sound smart

Attached: 1566730000970199722.png (680x680, 188K)

It was formally known as MPD, Multiple Personality Disorder. It's when your brain doesn't integrate properly during childhood in order to cope with repetitive trauma. This causes the brain to split into two or more distinctive consciousnesses, who each have their own personality and most of the times aren't even aware that there are more than one controlling the body. Of course, it is all one brain, but due to amnesia you remember little to nothing the other "alters" did.

>formally known as MPD, Multiple Personality Disorder.
Oh, didn't know they changed the name. I know what MPD is. Is one of your's a chick?

There are 14 in our system that I know of, out of which 10 are female.

How does it feel having a disease that basically only exists in the US modern era? When did it begin for you? How do you cope with it?

What do your different personalities do? Are you conscious of them when you are back to “normal”?

Obviously it exists outside of the US and has in history too, but indeed I suppose that only within that area and this era it is well known and understood.

It began in my childhood, the cause is unknown to me since each alter has their own memories and trauma. The reason for our "splitting off" is unknown to me, being the "host" (what people who dont know the disorder refer to as "the real person").

I cope with it by keeping a notebook and agenda in which we write rules to each other on what to do and what not to do. We write everything we do and when in there, so we have at least a little bit of knowledge on our memories.

It depends on the alter (personality) and my relationship to them. Some alters I am close to and have good mental communication with, which leads me to have a vague idea of what they did while they were out; kind of like seeing what someone is watching on TV from afar.

With other alters, I have no idea that they even were out and I find myself having stuff I never bought or notes I've never written.

How fucked do you think you are when it comes to relationships? Do you think you're even capable of holding one and having someone tolerate you or are you doomed to celibacy?

I think about this a lot tbh. I have had past relationships in which the other person was unaware of my condition since these alters are made to act like me and pretend to be me. My first relationship was irl and close and collapsed partly due to it. My second relationship was at a long distance so we only met once a year, two times. This person also didn't suspect a thing, I believe, but I did share my amnesia. It kind of felt like lying to them both but I was afraid they wouldn't understand.

The answer above was to you but as an addition:
I don't feel like keeping it from the next person I fall in love with. It will only backfire.

Are there any obvious signs before a switch? Like a ringing in the ears, or a swift change in emotion?

You should definitely be honest about it because unless you're fully accepted for how you are, you're gonna get dumped after they find out you've been lying the whole time.

who am i talking to? op or the other one

Yeah I can usually tell from the following signs:
1. Sudden nausea/anxiety/headache
2. Unexplainable emotions I wasn't experiencing before
3. Derealization/depersonalization
4. All sounds just kinda go past me and feel like coming from afar

Still OP

Also sorry guys, Yea Forums aint having it and replying to a specific reply for whatever reason stopped working

Attached: 902.jpg (680x544, 33K)

Interesting, im guessing it happens more often as a result of stress since you said its a trama induced condition. But it sounds like it can also happen from overstimulation. Like your brain processing too many things and not realizing it

Yeah, stress certainly contributes to it. However, switches can happen at any time and at any moment. Though there are certain triggers, positive and negative ones. If I really need a specific alter to front and perform a task, I can blast their favorite song or say some "magic word" and I can try to get them to come out that way. But most of the times switches are caused by triggers or stress. New trauma or more stress than the brain can handle often leads to new alters being created.

What treatments, if any, have you undergone?

Guessing the magic word is your interpretation of the feeling that personality gives you (when you can remember it). Not exactly their name then i take it. But you can "pull" them out on purpose? Does it feel like there is some level of consent needed?

I was adviced anti-depressants, which I refused due to its side effects. There is no treatment other than therapy for the disorder itself which is what I'm currently receiving. The ultimate goal would be to "merge" all alters and regain our memories and become one person again. But it's a long progress nevertheless.

The magic word is nothing but something they use a lot and somehow registered as a certain trigger. But this method only works when they are close to the front. We don't usually use this method since it can escalate a lot and some mind it more than others.

Ment its not necessarily a word like "door" or "banana" just something unique thats a word to you.
Brings up another question though, is the you that you are the original you? Or is it possible that its just the one with the most fragments/control?

When did this start or first manifest? What do the people around you that know about it think of you?

No, I recently discovered I am not the one that was, like, originally "me". It was another girl who got hurt so much by repetitive trauma that her consciousness split and she gave the front to me. I am out most of the time while she just stays in the back.

Here:

Forgot to answer the second question. Some find it weird and believe I can just get rid of the disorder if I believe hard enough that it's fake.
Others are supportive and treat each of us as an individual being.

Have any of you gone rogue and done fucked up shit? Or are you all well behaved. You said you wrote down some rules but have they always been followed?

Damn, thats harsh. Do you think thats why the amnesia happens then? If you can watch sometimes as a passenger but get sidelined other times maybe its because you're not the main hard drive

No, the amnesia happens due to the reason this disorder was created for. It's so that the trauma we've been through can be shared by more than one person and doesn't have to be carried by just one person.

Each DID system does have so-called trauma holders, though, alters that carry all the trauma. They have a rough time especially.

Did your therapist ever recommend adding to your rules? If you all have a bit of the puzzle maybe the key to putting it together is to have one personality a month or two write down a small part of what they remember. Thats assuming you want to face it of course. Wouldn't blame you otherwise

so how are you guys doing?

It would at least deal it out over an agreed upon period of time instead of trying to take it all at once

this is not the original poster, I am one of the males of the system
ig everything has its time for eveyrhting and we cant rly just go round telling each other what we remember
all that shit has to happen one at a time and to the right person
generally it's better for our host to find out on her own rather than having it all being shoved down her throat yknow
generally we havent come that far yet regarding therapy so id say we'd definitely get there at some point

generally twice in a row, nice
thrice now

That’s really difficult- were you harmed? Is that why you dissociate? Do you have healthy support in your life?

I didn’t really read the other posts, so I’m not sure if this is some weird bait, but if you do indeed have DID, when did you first experience that?

Well no, itd be stupid to try and do that all at once. If it broke you the first time it's obviously too much to handle at once. But its probably equally as bad to put it off in the hopes that it may one day work out. That'll just etch in the fear of completing it and make you avoid it.
Best thing i can think would be to slowly assimilate one personality at a time over the years. Think of it like gaining levels in an rpg to face the boss

we were (not OP poster speaking, im one of the others) severely for years. its how the disorder starts. we have some support including friends who respect each other individually
there's this one dude who has been a massive help to all of us
there are quite some that still dont understand us and the disorder but the few we have; and each other; are enough to keep us going for now

no bait lol
let me just link you the response to that question

huh thats an interesting comparison for sure yeah
and of course, that is exactly the final goal but there are various reasons some alters are very hesitant keeping their trauma to themselves; most commonly their fear of fading and ceasing to exist

You’re all important and need to be heard. I’m very sorry that you have been hurt so much (even though that means nothing from a stranger, really). I’m glad to hear that all of you are supported and that all of you are seeking help. You may all be different, but you all share a bond, too.

Thanks for filling me in.

thank you mate
I didn't expect to get these sort of responses from a place such as Yea Forums
when our host put this on here it was seemingly with the intention of no one holding back with questions and seeing how people rly feel about people with such disorders
a nice unexpected change id say

If you could ask anything of the people around any of you, what might you ask of them?

how does it feel having a made up condition that you use to whore around with and then fall back on said condition as a way to absolve yourself of any responsibility because your “other” personality did the crime, but not “you?”

Attached: A3BFE96F-DDCA-4113-B205-C1F1B3CB8437.jpg (400x288, 23K)

Yep, fear of "death". Thats what i was going to get at next. Not so much in the
>you need to worry about this because its going to get worse and blah blah blah
But in the
>they're going to need to be comforted in their own ways about this
Because its never going to be a true death. If aspects of you slipt off then they're just honed now. They're going to be with you forever, and your going to feel distinctly like them when you get angry/scared/emotional etc. because they would all be apart of you. You'll notice it more when you're back in action because you're so used to them being apart. Best example is, you can eat a burger and know it tastes like one. But you can also stop to think about the flavor of the ketchup, cheese etc

Lol, we all know we have collective responsibility and the law doesn't give 2 double fucks about who did the crime. You can believe it's a made up thing, it's very understandable, but we're not like that.

No worries! Why would it make any difference to me, to hope that you have a happier life? An easier life.

I have to leave so I will probably let the thread die now, it will 101 before I return. It was nice talking to you, anons. So long!

They’ll never cease to exist, they will be more complete. Every facet of a gem reflects a different angle, but the gem is a single crystal. As each personality exists within a single person. None of you should fear losing autonomy. What is frightening is that you all must address a shared trauma. If you all came to speak on here, I think you’re all very brave people, with a very unified goal.