It's been 20 years since I got high...

It's been 20 years since I got high. I just got back from the local dispensary (it's legal for recreation use in my state) and I was completely overwhelmed - vapes, oils, pre-rolls, edibles, tons of strains... where do I start? Tell me what I need to know.

Attached: marijuana.jpg (1920x1280, 286K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gwern.net/Nicotine#addictiveness
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just get what's familiar to you. You can still get flower, just pick a CBD haze strain and you'll be fine

shits crazy man

>CBD haze strain
What's that? High CBD percentage? The only thing I was familiar with was getting an 1/8 or 1/4 of shitty weed from a sketchy dealer and smoking joints/pipes/bongs.

I used to smoke weed until I found crack, but I'm getting bored of it I wonder if I can go back

ask for a hemp wick. learn to use a hemp wick. smoking it is better than vaping. smoking a bong is the best compared to the rest.

I've never had edibles but it's so much more satisfying to smoke it through a bong and you don't have to wait to get high if you smoked it compred to an edible

just buy some bud, roll a joint and smoke a hit or two.
weed is way stronger than it was 20 years ago and you have to learn to pace yourself.
all those fancy edible and concentrates are for experienced users.

If it’s really been 20 years, just start with some regular old bud

then get a vape pen. they’re convenient af

Update. I probably should have included this in the post. I ended up getting a vape pen and .5g cartridge of Sativa:
THC-A - 25.9%
THC-◇9 - 38.9%
THC-V - 1.28%
CBD - 0.77%

I'm about to try it out

jesus mate.
take it one small hit at a time.
vapes can fuck up veteran smokers very easily.

Nice. Just take it easy, maybe consider a Sativa with more CBD next time.

Thanks for the warning. I'm about to hit it. I'll let you know how it goes if I'm still capable of typing.

Only buy vape weed pens.

The oils last so much longer than bud and you don't waste anything. It also gets you higher + more discreet if you are out in public or at work. More expensive but it pays itself off.

I would only buy flower if you plan on burning with a friend or family otherwise they cost way too much at the dispensary. I do love the smell of weed, though...even if others hate it.

Also, get used to dabbing wax. If you ever plan on being a professional stoner, you'll need to experience how much stronger & longer highs can last.

Lastly, THC = Makes you feel more high while CBD = Makes you feel relaxed, confident.

The more THC% in a strain or oil, means you'll get higher.

Attached: 01_13.jpg (1000x1000, 131K)

>get used to dabbing wax
Dabs are for crackhead tier college stoners get that shit out of here

The industry is so populous rn that everyone is playing mad scientist and making a "new better product" daily.

Honestly? Find a brand you like. Or a dispensary with good prices and product.

Flower is great. Edibles are good (gummies, fruit, etc are more medical, less psychoactive I've noticed).
Vape pens are TOO convenient and very strong. If they work for you more power to ya. Disposable vape pens are garbage tho

Also terpenes are getting more research now so start looking into those instead of just comparing sativa vs indica.

Attached: 1555725500192.jpg (1280x1826, 866K)

Start where you left off.
Look for 'green bud' and go from there....
I think it's called 'flower' now lol

disregard the teenagers itt, avoid prerolls and cartridges
prerolls are almost always filled with doodoo weed and carts are known for being filled with poison
I would recommend just starting with some flower and take a hit or two out of a dry pipe. not sure how to give you advice on determining good weed but try to look for anything with actual test results, people are growing with a lot of fucked up nutrients and pesticides nowadays

waiting for OP
what kind of music do you like?

with vape pens you have to be careful
they are too convenient and its extremely to much way too much way too fast.
take a hit wait 30 minutes and see how you feel.
goodluck man its going to be a trip

OP here. I took 2 small hits of the vape. I'm feeling pretty fucking high. I'm thinking I'm in the mood for some 90s music since that's the last time I was high.

shits greeat get one of everything
and dont get pulled over

no you need to be careful because most of them are filled with literal poison

>carts are known for being filled with poison
If you're talking about the recent news about pesticides/fungicides in carts those are home brewed "bootlegged" carts of official brands being sold in states where marijuana isn't legal. I still think OP should avoid carts as they are really potent and as they said they have not gotten high in about 20 years but dab carts have been around for years and if you buy officially licensed brands from a dispensary they are entirely clean and safe, misinformation is what killed the industry and made marijuana illegal in the united states back in the 30's let's try not to spread anymore.

completely depends where you are
unregulated areas can have literally anything in them.
im from a state that's very regulated and never had a problem with vape cartridges.

I'm in california and most shops have boof carts
doesn't matter where you are, most of them are garbage even when sold in shops

have you ever tried another drug other tan booze or normie shit?
also how old are you?

it does matter where you are
some states have higher requirements for testing than others.

>most of them are filled with literal poison
I have a drawer with about 86 empty vape carts from roughly the past two years and have never been "poisoned" why? Because I live in a legal state. In illegal states it's always to good to be true to be able to pick up a 1g cart for $40 or $50 those are the ones that are usually filled with some kind of cutting agent or weird nitrates.

it really doesn't though
explain to me why then in california I see so many bunk ass poison filled carts even at shops
agreed on the price point though, you get what you pay for with weed

>it really doesn't though
wow great rebuttal

I experimented with a few other things back then. But I was mostly a pot head.

>doesn't matter where you are, most of them are garbage even when sold in shops
I live in michigan and a company cannot sell a cart in dispensaries unless its been tested by psi labs or a similar company for any contaminates. California also has similar requirements so I don't know where you buy your carts but they're not from a reputable dispensary.

I'm 38

>explain to me why then in california I see so many bunk ass poison filled carts even at shops
Ok but how do you know they are "bunk ass poison filled carts"? when the only reported cases of poisonings from carts has been in states that are not California.

it legitimately does not matter dude people are pushing this trash ass distillate cut with god knows what literally everywhere
I don't buy carts homie but I see plenty of them. even huge "reputable" brands regularly fail tests and still get sold everywhere. not to mention the fact that people fake tests and also pay for passing results

just because you haven't seen any cases of "poisoning" doesn't mean people aren't smoking trash

Lol no.

I still roll a joint/blunt every now and then but dabbing wax/vaping oil is the FUTURE. It doesn't emit any smoke that non-smokers would find annoying and leaves no smell.

I still love tree but oils & wax that are 100% THC and that means you are getting the purest form of high.

Zoomers nowadays only get high from vape pens or smoke tobacco from juuls. What does that tell you? Things are going electronic and it's the future.

Attached: Cute.jpg (640x640, 84K)

With that percent THC, 2 hits might be too much! You might go back and get a little high CBD low THC strain, just to use as an antidote if you ever get too fucked up. Supposed to work pretty well to chill out.
With that vape pen, it's important to take a hit, then wait at least 5 minutes before you decide if you want to take another. This stuff is nothing like the old days.

All I can do is speak from my experience and the experiences of people I know and within my social circle easily thousands of vape carts have been vaped in the last 2-3 years since they've become popular and not a single person was poisoned. Yes there were reports of cheap chinese carts containing lead (less than 5% of all carts sold in the state of california which counted in the millions) and yeah people are getting sick now in illegal states for buying cheap garage carts but saying "all vape carts are poison" is incorrect and misleading especially to OP who just started getting back into getting high after 20 years and started with a vape cart. Do you and be safe we're all just trying to get high.

Yeah, I think it's fully kicked in now. That was way too much. Holy fuck

Fed here, yeah yeah hate me and all that shit whatever. Honestly I think weed is a fucking joke, but if you find that shit cool, please remember to do so responsibly AND legally. My opinion about weed is pretty simple, it's not inherently bad, but when abused it can be just as bad as cigarettes or alcohol. I'm not asking y'all to stop smoking weed, just please make sure to keep it away from kids and stay responsible with it. Sorry for the rant.

Tl;dr: Don't do drugs but if you do be responsible.

Attached: dea-specialagent.png (592x828, 148K)

Throw on an old comedy and become one with your couch user, welcome back to the cloud

I'll concede that they're not all poison but in my experience most of them are trash, be it the heavy metal laden cartridges or the distillate made from crude with all types of shit added. really not worth the risk unless you can confirm 100% that it's safe

Fellow old timer here. I don't get edibles. Good quality pot has a good flavor and aroma, smoking a pinch of green bud in a clean bong is the best and most enjoyable way to go. A nice hand rolled joint is second best and good when you're out and about where a bong isn't practical..

>responsibly AND legally
if youre a fed then its illegal everywhere in america

For us it's in the guidelines of the DOJ and DEA handbooks, but that doesn't stop most states that already legalized it. Not like the DEA offices in those places are really fighting it, nor the government itself to be honest. Bigger fish to fry they weed.

literally im in a city where the local medical dispensary was raided by feds at least 3 different times, with the only reason being that weed is federally illegal.
since the country DA has changed the raids have stopped.

county*
not country

weed is "legal" in California but as soon as that shit passed my county banned all storefronts within its limits... delivery only now and most services are awful

Which county if I may ask?

Oakland County Michigan

lol, "DEA agent" saying "do drugs responsibly". Finish your homework, Brian. School starts early tomorrow.

Cool, I'll have to ask around about that, we got a notice from D.C. saying to not do raids domestically agaisnt distributors in states that legalized marijuana to prevent lawsuits from said states.

Special Agent, thank you. And we are more reasonable then you think. Who am I to stop the millions of weed users here in the United States? If your going to do something, just be response about it.

Better consider getting up to bar with the younger generations, old fart
Also, smoking joints is for pussies, boofing is the way to go
Better get yourself a butt pipe, assface

this, plus all that other shit is for tryhards that want to make weed look edgy

didnt stop feds from raiding medical dispensaries in my state from 2009 to 2018.

grow your own

dispensaries are stupid

not that a weed store is stupid

their structure is retarded

The notice was recent, around February or March. As for whatever happened prior is beyond me, never been to Michigan. Here in Miami we consider any distributor illegal and treat them accordingly with no issue from the state, so we don't pay much attention to those notices.

>smoke tobacco from juuls
This is a very important point. Juuls are a tobacco extract. Not just nicotine salts but all other alkaloids too. It's almost the same thing as smoking tobacco, very addictive due to alkaloids that act as MAO inhibitors.

Other mainstream vapes use freebase nicotine and they have no MAO inhibitors in them, so they simply are not as addictive as tobacco smoking or Juuls.

gwern.net/Nicotine#addictiveness

I put on Louis CK's latest special. It just got to the part where he's talking about getting high

I just picked up some Charcoalito filters and they're pretty dank for rolling

Vape flower, those cartridges are convenient but you can get shitloads of bud for cheap now. You can get an oz. Of shake for like 50 and make strong ass edibles too

as a beginner/getting back guy
just smoke some joints

Ask yourself if you want a more active or lazy/sleepy high. Then pick an appropriate strain. I'd suggest getting a little one-hitter or pipe if you're smoking solo, that way you can smoke little by little rather than blasting a whole joint at once. Its the difference between slowly sipping a beer or smashing a bottle of vodka in one.

Once you're more chilled with the effects, then I'd recommend experimenting with edibles and such.

Attached: 1434836072270.gif (500x374, 107K)

you went into a dispensary and were so overwhelmed you walked back out and decided to ask Yea Forums for advice?

You are faggot, overwhelmed... pffft yeah get ready to be even more overwhelmed and paranoid

Truth. Look, everything is gonna fuck your shit up so just get a cheap sativa strain as its more line a drunk high. Take a pinch, seriously no more than your pinky, its been 20 years, and smoke that.

>I got a bowl after 20 years, ultimately all that happened was I got horny and randomly fell asleep spinning in bed.

Got some Skywalker OG

Really loving this hybrid

UK here

Attached: 20190808_203745.jpg (1645x925, 404K)

don't listen to this guy
pens are convenient but inferior to flower or dabs - distillate + terpenes in a shitty cart pales in comparison to the full spectrum of flower, and they'll fuck your tolerance in no time at all. I've never been able to get super stoned on carts like I have my herb vape and nor has anybody I know. dabbing also raises your tolerance quicker than herb, which in turn causes the high to become shorter and less intense. don't be the guy who goes through a Q of wax a week because a .1 dab only gets them to a 6 for 40 minutes

thc isn't the only psychoactive compound in cannabis either; dab some >90% thc distillate or thca crystals and you won't be as high as a full extraction with an entourage effect.

t. probably smoked and experimented with more weed than you

really wish Aus would hurry up and stop being so damn conservative, seriously, conservatism is like shooting yourself in the foot, you really shouldn't do it but some retarded mutherfuckers just can't help themselves

Fuck your faggot hemp wick bullshit.

That is funny because I started dabbing more than 10 years ago in HS and was doing it all through college.