I need your help Yea Forumsrothers. finally decided to stop being a loser, and use my college degree...

I need your help Yea Forumsrothers. finally decided to stop being a loser, and use my college degree, I don’t want to be a minimum wage slave anymore, but all these jobs expect me to pass a polygraph test. I recently cleaned up, but I experimented with drugs in college, and am not sure I could pass. Does anyone know of a job that utilizes my degree without have to take a poly, or has beaten one before. Will reward the best answer with a prize of their choosing

Attached: ACFB2370-DC92-41A6-B5A6-C5233CEDAF4A.jpg (1689x1080, 309K)

Other urls found in this thread:

indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=943c46ca7379a634&from=serp
indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=290a66dcb3beb0cb&from=serp
indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=4c31c38a605384ba&from=serp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What outdated companies are you applying for that utilize polygraphs? Jesus fucking christ user are you like 80?

degree type?

I have a criminal justice degree

a polygraph would be very unusual.

I’m applying in Washington. Almost all the police recruit, customs and border patrol, probation work, all they say require a background check, physical, psych test, and polygraph, are you saying that may not be the case?

indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=943c46ca7379a634&from=serp

You don’t have to say but, I’m assuming you are applying for a job where you will be working on a government contract. Have you also started the security clearance process (filled out the paperwork, had an interview, etc)? What type of poly is it? There is a CI, a lifestyle, and a full scope. If it is a CI poly, you should be fine as long as you haven’t sold secrets to Russia or have terrorist friends. The other two will hit on drug use.

indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=290a66dcb3beb0cb&from=serp

indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=4c31c38a605384ba&from=serp

Im not 100% sure to be honest. I just started looking today. I posted 3 of them as proof, of what I’d need

If it is for local and state police, probably a lifestyle polygraph. If your drug use is in the past, minimal, and you have no intention of future drug use, you should be ok. Be honest about it though. Do you have a criminal record and bad financial situation? They will want you to not be coercion resistant, if that makes sense.

Would you be able to tell me what a CI is like?

Attached: DB1BB2A0-612D-47B7-BD15-930C1C4DA4DE.jpg (1532x2720, 911K)

this was your first mistake. go into law school

Basically they don’t want there to be any reasons that you could possibly take a bribe or do anything nefarious on the job.

Stale copypasta

I’ve got good credit, and never committed crimes. Smoked a lot of weed, and the occasional social bump of coke, how long in the past should it be?

I’ve been here over a decade this isn’t pasta friendo

A CI poly is counterintelligence related. Foreign connections with any heightened risk people, organizations, etc. Relatives from heightened risk countries. Questions pertaining to your handling of sensitive or classified info.

You’re probably right, I was young 18 I didn’t ever think I’d do drugs. Law school would be cool, but I’m already in a lot of college debt

That is very helpful user, some of my family is Canadian some are British, no domestic terrorists in the blood line

For police, I’m not sure. For federal security questionnaire, 7 years for use. If you used drugs while possessing a clearance or while in a position of public safety(cop), EVER.

It’s been a year, I’m a pathological liar, most of my days are filled with lies to family and casual acquaintances, I don’t think I can even tell the difference anymore. If it’s a CI I should be able to beat it

If you are worried, check the US State Department’s list of heightened risk nations.

7 years is what you need to list. Not what will disqualify you. If you are honest and talk it out during your background check, you may be fine.

sounds like a law career will help you pay off that debt

Put myself in debt to escape my debt, an interesting paradox. I’ll keep that in my back pocket, once I drum myself out of police academy

Sound advice, I’ll do that first part. I’d rather have a degree of suspicion, than cards on the table. I believe you can have up to a -5 value before they eliminate you.

Is this actually a thing?

I got Secret clearance in the military without anything beyond a background check.

You can check the job listings I posted, I used to live in AZ and they also said I had to pass a polygraph. Maybe it’s just a way to weed out dopes like myself, cause I know it’s stopped me from applying in the past.

I think part of it is the hope that it will deter less than qualified individuals from applying.

You wouldn’t have a poly on a secret. Hell, a lot of jobs that require a top Secret, don’t require a poly.

rekt newfag gets rekt on DVD and VHS

What does drug screening usually entail?

Usually they only want to know within the last 7 years unless you're trying to be Secret Service or some shit. How long ago was it?

For police it varies from department. Most of the sheriffs bureaus I've seen want 3 years clean. If you lie about something, it's permanently disqualifying. If you tell the truth and enough time hasn't passed, they'll thank you for your honesty, and tell you to come back when enough time has passed.

Don't lie. Be sure of your answers.

For the military it’s the top secret SCI when they start to probe your ass and even that can be had as long as you’re not going to be a potential threat with the SCI.