I'm making a Yea Forums clone and I need help with the front end design! How would you make Yea Forums look?

I'm making a Yea Forums clone and I need help with the front end design! How would you make Yea Forums look?

This is what I have so far. The sidebar on the left is going to be the catalog

Attached: 1545302114352.png (1152x624, 174K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_address_spoofing
security.stackexchange.com/a/55286
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What backend are you using? This is just me, but i really like the aesthetics of lainchan, so if i was gonna make a chan it would have those cyberpunk vibes.
How far along is the project, OP?

I'm using node js as back end, mysql for the database, and I'm going to use react for the front end. The back end is where I've spent most of my time so far, so I'd say I'm about 80% done with it. It has password authentication, it can send out confirmation emails for accounts, it can create and delete boards, posts, and images, it can create thumbnails for png, jpg, gif, webm, and mp4, and it has a notification system. I'm going to be adding a lot more features to it, but this is what I have so far.

I started with the back end because the last time I did front end and back end at the same time, I ended up writing some code on the back end, writing some code on the front, and then jumping back and forth on the design and debugging both sides. It was really messy, and I'm glad I've learned from that experience.

>node js
>react
Fucking why OP? Why would a chan need to be written in react? And node for a backend is just cancer. I think that "flat & responsive" design will just attract normies. I would have honestly just used php for the backend. There is not that much going on with a chan, so php would have been fine.

>for accounts
again, why? why do you need accounts on what should be an anonymous site?

>I started with the back end
Good, starting with frontend is never a good idea.

accounts to sell data and track peoples post you doofy

>implying Yea Forums doesn't already do that by tracking IP's, user agents, screen sizes, etc
doofy

like Yea Forums faggot

Oh yeah, the accounts are just there so you can manage your old posts. They are 100% optional, and your username never shows up anywhere on the site. In fact, you get the same functionality even if you don't sign in, it's just that the second you clear your cookies you won't be able to see your old posts.

>And node for a backend is just cancer. I think that "flat & responsive" design will just attract normies.
I don't know php, and node js isn't that bad. Also, I use a lot of asynchronous code which node js is apparently really good at. Also, if it appeals to normies, it's not that bad. I'm writing this for myself and to add onto my portfolio for future employers.

Haha, yeah no. I'm an honest guy, and I would never do that. ^_^

>Also, I use a lot of asynchronous code which node js is apparently really good at.
No, use go.
>Also, if it appeals to normies, it's not that bad.
wrong again. there are no good sites on the internet anymore because of fucking normies

>I'm writing this for myself and to add onto my portfolio for future employers.
>putting a chan on your portfolio

>Haha, yeah no. I'm an honest guy, and I would never do that. ^_^
I guess, to datamine you need users

>don't do thing
>says guy not doing anything

lets spoof it to your ip and tell them you did something very bad
>thats how anonymity works

doofy

I have quite a few projects in the works, faggot. I just don't get much time to work on them, cause, ya know, i have a fucking job.
Neckbeard.

You're an idiot

proof me wrong
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_address_spoofing

security.stackexchange.com/a/55286

tell me more why my windows telemetry is being "maybe" abused by my neighbours hacking skills

Oh you work a pleb job that doesn't give you free time OR paid time to work your own coding projects? For the record projects that you don't finish aren't projects. They're distractions.

please have dark mode

I have free time, I just don't want to spend time programming in my free time because I program 40+ hours a week. You obviously work some shit cashier job if you don't know what thats like

>2019
>not using perl for front end and wordpress for backend

You have time right now. Instead of coding you're telling other people how to code? Lol what how is that better?

>confirmation emails for accounts
cancer detected

I programmed for like 8 hours today. Imma have a beer and browse Yea Forums for now faggot.

>>not using perl for front end and wordpress for backend

Attached: f5753870a40ccef114a6cb88e7f48531.jpg (680x680, 85K)

You could, you know, work on your vaporware instead of telling other people how to code. It's a waste of time to tell people who actually work on their projects not to. You're obviously projecting because you don't do shit.

kek. I make a living doing this faggot, i think your just salty and jealous

You make a living "programming"? That's weird so do I but we call it coding.

>coding
Yeah, if you writing cancerous programs in cancerous languages

use comic sans and cp as background

don't, just don't