So Yea Forums, my daughter is 3 and it's time for us to decide if we tell her about Santa Claus or not...

So Yea Forums, my daughter is 3 and it's time for us to decide if we tell her about Santa Claus or not. She doesn't know about him yet, we're just thinking about the ethical issue of not letting her believe in those kind of fairy tales.

Would you let your child believe in Santa Claus Yea Forums?

Attached: santa_claus-1543422493-3358.jpg (800x600, 68K)

She's 1* sorry, not 3

bump

Let her know, tell her the truth halfway through elementary school

Just don't. Believing in Santa Claus is harmless, but it's also pointless.

source?

Stories and myths are important to a child's development
On the other hand she will feel betrayed when she learns it was all fake
Your call

You’re full of shit. This happens around age 8 not fucking 3. But if you’re telling the truth and want to ruin her childhood, go ahead

It’s not pointless, it’s a great way to get bad kids to behave.

Leave a present under the tree that just says Santa - read out who they’re all from when she opens. Don’t go out of your way to explain tho, it’s more fun when it’s up to their imagination.

Lying to your kids about stupid shit that isn't real.
Really? Why would they believe you when they find out you are lying to them and you need them to believe you about shit that DOES matter?

If she watches movies every season and keeps getting the presents she’ll understand and then eventually some retard in grade 1/2 will tell her and everyone else

High levels of autism in this post

What about never mentioning Santa Claus? What about giving the parents the credit they deserve by letting their children know THEY are giving these gifts to them, not some corporate figure?

If your kid's not retarded she'll figure it out on her own, did Santa do any harm to your childhood? fuck off and just let her have a normal fun childhood you fucking faggot

How about telling her about the historical person behind Santa Claus and that every year good men dress like him to show kids what he did in his days? That's giving a role figure without the lie. If she gets it with being 3 and so on.

TL;DR: Santa is real but dead as fuck. People dress up like him to celebrate what he did.

its called logic, i know its foreign to alot of younger types.

Idk man I’m a Jew and never had Santa but wish I had Santa - you might just be a nihilistic asshole

That’s not how you do it. These presents are from Santa and these are from Mum and Dad. Then as they grow up more presents come from parents and less from Santa

Taking away what credit ? Ur fucking retarded she’s gonna find out eventually - myths are short lived in childhood. It’s a shame you didn’t grow up with love around though.

I agree with this user

>good men dress like him to show kids what he did in his days
Yeah just tell her that all men dressed in Santa Claus are good men, that if Walmart Santa Claus wants to touch her nee-nee he's allowed to because he's good. Also make sure she realizes ALL old men with a huge beard are inherently good.

Did I imply that ALL men are good?
Are you really trying to explain a 3 year old that there are fucked up people everywhere and to distrust everybody? Because misuse is especially rampart among family members or close friends of the family.

Santa was bought by coca cola, so don’t be a shill, just say who the presents are really from

If u don’t tell her about Santa she’s gonna feel left out in school during the holidays- not a good feeling to have

>implying OP doesn't homeschool his children

Why not give us the credit by putting Anonymous on the from line after doing a dubs decide Christmas present thread?

Its not harmless, either, it can make kids develop trust issues, dissociate from parents and culture, and is one of the first steps toward making an atheist kid.

>one of the first steps toward making an atheist kid.
Damn, never thought about it like that

My kids know santa isnt real, but he represents the spirit of the holiday and thats finding joy in giving.

I wont fuck up my kids head by lying to them about a bunch of shit.
Also the stork brings babies, these kids will be retarded lol