My friend gave me this. Is it worth the read, or just something to keep on a shelf?

My friend gave me this. Is it worth the read, or just something to keep on a shelf?

Attached: IMG_0275.jpg (760x1014, 86K)

It's worth it. It's pretty terse and short, though. Most of the really important stuff is so integral to modern thought that it will seem like common sense, but this is because it was written millennia ago. The real insight comes from reading it carefully and looking for the applicable pieces which haven't become trite aphorisms.

only reason anyone reads it is to say "ive read the art of war" so if you wanna be a faggot go ahead and read it.

There are lessons in it. I recommend .

Attached: FBBF84FB-A696-4369-B170-F1497895C20E.gif (235x240, 1.93M)

Big gay homo book

Read it user

this, highly recommended

youll never use any of it. because you ant controling a medivel chinesse army

Nigga that ain’t medieval, that’s ancient times, before Christ

Okay I will.
are there any other iconic books I should read? I just finished 1984. I was thinking Communist Manifest, Mein Kampf, War and Peace, Common Sense, etc

>Communist Manifesto
Yeah, you can go ahead and skip that one

Nigger I'm not interested in becoming a commiefag. I'm not politically insecure.

This ain't about politics, it's just kinda shitty

Brave New World, Island, Of Ape and Essence - All by Aldous Huxley, fictional. Althought his other work and books are great reads also. The Perrenial Philosophy is fantastic.

Also fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury.

Anything by Alan Watts is also worth reading if you're open minded and ready for change.

Tao Te Ching - Lao Tzu

you should read the communist manifesto bc like sun tzu said
>know yourself and your enemy and you will never lose a battle, know yourself but not your enemy and for every battle you win you will lose a battle, know not yourself and you will never know victory

Lolita

Cringe

A lot of it was common sense in my opinion. If you want a true master piece I would read MCDP-1 (Marine Corps Doctrinal Publication 1) I read it back to front and was/am extremely impressed in the philosophies that went into writing it. It was written by a person/ persons that truly knew what they were talking about.

Attached: CE3944E2-26FC-4A67-8B7D-18464D17920F.jpg (390x599, 26K)

Can you pinpoint the cringe?

why back to front?
wtf is that rock

the current US army field manual on special warfare
to paraphrase my favorite section
>the easiest way to incite a population against its government is to expose them to the corruption of their police force
the US army just assumes that all cops are corrupt

A giant ammonite I found near my family's lake house. Lake Amistad, TX
there's a ton of them. Also fossilized wood