What is the best Star Wars movie of all time and why is it Rogue One?

What is the best Star Wars movie of all time and why is it Rogue One?

Attached: Rogue One.jpg (720x1080, 110K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-BZk9MQa0YA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Return of the jedi

Cool battle scenes, and a cast of characters written so shallowly, the audience never connects with them. They die. No one cared.

I'll stick with Empire Strikes Back, thanks.

Jyn had no agency in the film and pretty much didn't do anything for the first half of the film. Don't hate it but definitely like it more than ep8 and solo.

the fucking ones with anakin skywalker

all of the ones after were complete and utter dump ass shit

Rogue One is about a bunch of dirty rotten scoundrels rising to the occasion and sacrificing themselves in order to prevent permanent tyranny from establishing a foothold in the Galaxy. The collective character transitions from somewhat unlikable people into bonafide heroes is extraordinary. Han Solo did it in A New Hope, but that was just one character. Rogue One is a movie about a whole bunch of people doing what Han Solo did at the end of Hope, collectively.

No other Star Wars movie captures the spirit of the rebellion better.

Attached: consider this.jpg (600x451, 25K)

*blocks your path*

Attached: 9ffdeb62c2d4c83cc59127da1b157e5b.jpg (282x400, 26K)

...except that their characters were all surface-level. You can gush over the actions written for them, but as characters, they had no depth. Again, they all died and no one cared.

Watch it again.

Saw it twice. I'm good.

Ok, I see what the problem is now. You're an idiot.

Oh no. The words on the screen are argumentative and insulting. However shall I recover.

Enjoy your Disney Star Wars drivel.

This is the only correct answer

I’m sure we all agree that rogue one and the Han Solo film was better than the force awakens and the last Jedi. The droid in rogue one was good too.

Episode Two or gtfo

It was good user. Chill out.

I like you. Empire FTW

I II & III actually have superior story lines, but they are almost a parody of themselves.
Even the main actors, (with a couple notable exceptions) who are obviously capable, give terrible performances.

youtube.com/watch?v=-BZk9MQa0YA

This was my favorite of the OT when I was a kid, probably because I had this weird thing when I thought that the third installment of any trilogy was the best because climaxes are the most epic. Looking back, it's pretty clearly the worst of the three; not bad, it has a lot of good stuff, but the worst of them.

Yeah they are brilliant. It felt like it was always the story. The politics of the universe. The new Star Wars just makes me feel really sad.

Original trilogy and I’d consider them all one movie as it’s one story flawlessly told. Like the LOTR trilogy.

Yeah lol I agree. Empire strikes back is the best. I think revenge of the sith is probably the best. Maybe I’m blinded by the anakin, obi wan battle. Pretty depressing watching anakin go that way and if a film makes you feel that it’s pretty kino in my book.

Rogue One is the best but none of them are good

LOTR isn't good either

Everyone knows that The Last Jedi is the true kinomatic masterpiece and everyone else is just a HATER

That's the point

They were nobodies. Nobody knows about them. It's a suicide mission. Nobody cared they died in the universe too.

The only disappointment with this movie is the scene from the trailers where jyn faces the tiefighter at the top of the tower missing from the movie (although I'm pretty sure it belongs in an alternative ending where they aurvive)

>Star wars story is about politics

Millenial

>What is the best Star Wars movie of all time
A New Hope, but Rogue One is great too. The Last Jedi is also one of my favourites.

I think his change was too sudden though. The writing in the prequel trilogy was awful and the fact that most of the actors had to work in and around a green screen didn’t help. The dialogue before the final fight in revenge of the sigh made me lol

>I'll play it safe so my internet buddies won't laugh at me and call me a soyboy, thanks.
gotcha

Enjoy your purple haired powerful wammin in your Disney shite.

I concur.

>I’m sure we all agree that
no, they were all good.

>They were nobodies
Oh hi china

Attached: B82F37C6-2D14-44AF-893F-3C913EAE4295.jpg (825x464, 31K)

Episode 5, you degenerate post-millennial filth...

>I don't enjoy popular things
>I'm very deep and jaded
lol k

>kinomatic
wut

Yeah to be fair you are right. ‘You brought him to kill me’ pretty gay and pretty much all of it is quite bad. Just sad to see him get so delusional so quickly. It’s pretty emotional after that. The music during that battle is unreal. And when they are in that control room and they know each other’s duelling strategies so well that they can’t even hit each other. I don’t know man it seems like maybe you are right but it’s too good. Especially when he chops mace windus band off, every time I watch it in screaming ‘no’ in my head like it’s gonna change this time I watch it. Then he does it. That’s pretty cringe I know but still. Poor anakin. Anyone would have done the same if they thought it would save the ones they loved. That’s what hits me hard lol. Cringe I know.

thanks, I do.

‘You brought him here to kill me’ my bad

nothing cringe there bro, that's how any non-retard feels when watching those scenes.

I don't dislike things because they're popular retard, I dislike them because they're overrated

It's kinda cringe and it isn't. Hayden's acting is very good and Ian is of course great in seeming helpless and pathetic before turning up the glorious ham with POWERRRRRR, UNLIMITED POWERRRRRRR, but that NOOOOO didn't need to be there from Anakin (seriously George, what's with you and big NOOOOO's?) and Mace Windu just sucked as a character so we didn't feel any sympathy towards him or any relationship between him and Anakin.

It’s the delivery too even obi wan. The music is awesome and duel of the fates is so badass but even maces scream when his hand got chopped made me laugh. Tbh would have liked to see some kind of duel between anakin and mace with palpatine watching and learning more about his new potential apprentice. The killing of the younglings (Kek) also seemed like a massive leap.

That’s my fav.

The battle on Geonisis is killer. And Obi Wan’s discovery of the clones was cool.

Forest Whitaker Should have played mace. These days they would have probably picked common.

The Force Awakens is honestly my favorite. It's basically just A New Hope but with better special fx

Yeah and fuck sand am I rite!?

It really takes the shine off the new films. Anakin was the best or atleast on his way to be the best. Seemed like obi wan was just defending him self against him. Anakin was relentless and too confident. In that whole battle it’s implied plenty of times he is the favourite over obi wan. And obi wan is second to none with a lightsaber. When anakin is on his back and he defends himself with one hand. After they force push each other he is straight up force jumping 30 feet across the room in two bounds. Mad shit. I think Hayden Christensen played him well. His lines were just shit.

I remember thinking Disney couldn’t do worse than a lazy George Lucas with a bunch of agreeable people around him but man when I found out they made another Death Star I was done.

Yeah Ewan McGregor got him down to a tee. All through that battle it’s just something you can’t learn what Ewan does. The look of not wanting to win but having to win. Don’t know anyone else that could have played obi wan. And he will be doing it again soon. A lot of people forget that obi wan fights grievous in that film. Wish he didn’t shoot him to death but that bit when grievous is coming at him with 4 light sabers and obi wan bides his time. Stops all 4 lightsabers in their tracks. Epic.

sure, Eugene. Sure you do.

Nigger detected

A sith lord?

I know man it’s bad. The lines were bad in the prequels no one can deny it. The story is brilliant though. The new Star Wars. Wtf is that. Also what advantage is there to making a planet killer out of a planet rather than a space station? Makes no sense

Lol lines are terrible ain’t they but the story is good. I will always stick by the story.

>Mace Windu just sucked as a character so we didn't feel any sympathy towards him or any relationship between him and Anakin.
I could write a novel about why I disagree on that, but I have to paint the dog and walk the garden shed.

>Anakin was the best or atleast on his way to be the best.
Well that was the idea
Obi wan wouldn’t try to kiss ass to defend himself in future. I think obi had a strong connection with qui gon who saw a lot in a anakin and he wanted to guide him as best as he could for former master and prove him right in the face of the Jedi masters that thought he was wrong.

well put

Why they chose Samuel L Jackson, the most badass acting nigger in the world, and have him play basically an emotionless monk I would never know

Why is op always a fag? R1 is the best Disney SW movie. But all the orginal 6 are better.

Who is the biggest faggot in the universe and why is IT OP?

Lol. It’s so coarse.

And it was all boring. No one cared about their arc or that Attack of the Clones tier shoehorned romance.
RLM test is perfect for this.
Describe one of the main characters, without mentioning what they wear, or what they do.

C'mon user, you have time to make one paragraph defending Mace's character. One or two sentences at the least

He was anakins father basically. Totally agree. Also he loved anakin. Qui gon jinn put him on the path to train him but in the end they loved each other like father/son/brothers.

Yeah mace windu was a bit of a cunt and sort of helped anakin on his way to the dark side.

I’ll agree Ewan was great as obi wan Especially considering what he had to work with and I’m honestly quite exited for the new obi wan series. Haven’t been fussed about anything Disney has done until now. Also hoping the mandala rain is good but I don’t want to get burnt out on this shit like the marvel superhero movies. This is now relentless.

Yeah I’m so worried that they will bring Thor into a Star Wars film or something. I wouldn’t put it past them. Imagine that.

Fpbp

Tenacious, wise, witty

Yeah that scene where he kills the other rebel who is losing his shit down the alley. Thats some real shit you don’t see in the original 6.

Nice of you to keep an open mind. Rogue One? Never seen it.

Attached: FE099F94-EEFC-44C7-A7EE-466F53551FF2.jpg (890x704, 150K)

take a seat young skywalker

Best Star Wars movie is KOTOR

Yeah init what a cunt. Half is fault why he went the way he did. Regardless, anakin still brought balance to the force. He killed Palpatine in the end.

Still waiting for a Jedi unafraid to swallow the saber

Attached: 451ED57F-CC1F-4CDB-97A6-6D7CBEAF25BB.jpg (960x719, 96K)

He only lost a hand and got fried for a couple of seconds. Couldn’t he land on a spacey car like in episode 2 and be all like “I’m takin yo ride motha fucka!” Then go back and drive-by blaster those sith bitches?

I unironically liked Jar Jar Binks

fuggin figt me irl

If you like Star Wars you’ll love masters of the universe starring Dolph Lundgren who received a degree in chemical engineering from the Royal Institute of Technology in the early 1980s and a master's degree in chemical engineering from the University of Sydney in 1982.

Attached: 826B64FA-A771-4FAA-883D-A1D2268B60D3.jpg (180x180, 8K)

Yep best star wars movie by far, to bad Disney isn't going to make more side movies

bruh it's a shitty movie, and I was it when it premiered. Trust me, I'm from before.

yep, I was hoping for a follow up to Solo.

It’s fucking great

Attached: FFB2075E-B2E9-461F-9E4C-B9961E0AD499.jpg (302x167, 6K)

We all are

No. I get that Disney's new movies are bad, but you're looking at the prequels with rose tinted glasses.

Revenge of the Sith tbh

He was weakened dramatically by the suit that kept him alive. He couldn’t use chain lightning. If it was used on him I would fuck him up. What Palpatine done to Luke with force lightning was nothing in comparison of those ‘two seconds’ of force lightning done to Vader. Palpatine made the suit specifically so he would be in control of him if needs be. Anakin was the most powerful Jedi who had ever been. His confidence ruined him against obi wan and Palpatine used it to his advantage he literally made it so Vader could never rise up against him. At the end of episode 3 even with all the handicaps the raw power that Vader had shook the room and Palpatine was scared. Even after all the shit he had done to him. That’s why in rogue one Vader’s castle is on mustafa because it focuses his power on the day he was bested. Look at Vader at the end of rogue one. Those rebels are terrified for good reason. You see what he is capable of in a weakened state.

we ain't getting one.. shit sucks

No. It feels like those films were always meant to be.

lulz

Oh I thought we were talking bout mace

Guess I’ll be solo forever

bruh..

.. feels

Good argument. I hadn't considered it that way.
Still, I don't think it's better than Empire.

Oh sorry. Na in the scripts it said something like ‘mace windu falls to his death’ so he dead

Op is a faggot and doesn't understand what makes movies good. I bet you unironically said, it's good cuz its dark or a star wars war movie. Kill yourself you retarded faggot. Empire btw

>What is the best Star Wars movie

There is no good Star Wars movie. They always been shit, all of them.

Mace is a dick though

woah.. powerful

Yeah but you can’t deny he had a right to be cautious...

Yeah you must be my 58 year old mother in law because she has that exact same opinion. The only person I have known to have that opinion. Hi Linda.

Yeah pushed anakin away. But maybe it was all meant to be.

Found another incultured faggot outside of OP

Anakin brought balance to the force only after having a son. Losing to obi wan. Being indoctrinated by Palpatine. Maybe it was the will of the force. But who cares about that episode 7 and 8 have made sure we will never get answers to that.

Jar Jar Binks was a Sith lord

I think Disney have a goal to distance themselves from the original movies. I’m not sure why but it’s probably about money.

Mysterious ways the force works

Attached: 3A982D21-7147-48FE-9542-4E1D3365683A.jpg (590x350, 37K)

>>why is it Rouge One?
Because Rouge 1 tied into a major plot point without leaning on the plot. It had its own backstory, plot, good characters, and emotional depth. It did this using modern cgi in a visually astonishing way. I grew up on Star Wars, stopped caring along the way because I was "too old", but when I saw Rouge One I loved it. I've watched it like twice.

TK-421 did nothing wrong

Imo it's because they want to capture a new audience and not just bank on old fags to make money for their movie.

valid points

visually astonishing. Don’t remember anything about it tbh

prolly because you're mentally impaired, user.

But old fags love the movies for a reason and their kids will the the same. I only first got into Star Wars with the first Lucas remaster.

No because it was boring as fuck

point in case

it wasn't boring at all retard

It was boring retard

My kids won’t be watching episode 7, 8 or 9 for at least ten years

Forgettable characters, randomly placed chink for chinks, grey everything. Knowing nothing anybody did matters.

Good dad

Did you even watch the movie

I will let it be ruined the way it was for me. They will watch every series of game of thrones except the last series. They will wait two years. Then see the cluster fuck that is produced. See if they feel the same. Get a result that is unbiased from all the hype. I guarantee they tell me it’s shit. The only 5 and 15 months at the moment:

Got was only god till season 5. Make them wait a year for each season after that.

And then explain greed and personal goals and how they can interfere with things that are good

My faves in order. I am turning 31 in a month.

Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Revenge Of The Sith
Rogue One
Force Awakens
Return of the Jedi
Last Jedi
Phantom Menace
Solo
Clone Wars

Attached: 396505 - Ahsoka_Tano Arisia_Rrab Betty_Ross Blink Clone_Wars DC Green_Lantern_Corps Indigo-1 Koriand (1280x720, 156K)

Empire
Return
New hope
Revenge of sith
Attack of clones
Phantom menace
New one
Newer one
Another new one
Newest one
And another one if there is one

I find it hard to make lists like that it hurts me and I back track and doubt myself

do it fast and it will be based

think fridge magnets with the movie names on them, you have 10 seconds to arrange them do it now. then post.

Revenge of the sith
Empire strikes back
Attack of the clones
Rogue one
New hope
Solo
Return of the Jedi
Phantom menace
To be fair one thing Disney did right was the clone wars series cause that would be between attack of the clones and the empire strikes back in my list, fuck rebels.

think fridge magnets with the movie names on them, you have 10 seconds to arrange them or Africans will burst in and ask you to either rape your daughter or they will eat your eyeballs.

That’s mine there bro

I’m scared now

You are a big fan of Storm Troopers kicking ass and sword fags getting BTFO

Then be thankful you live in a western society

I dno man I should have probably put revenge higher but all that comes back is ewoks which is stupid I know. But attach of the clones is where it starts going wrong even though they don’t know it’s going wrong. Maybe though I dno.

I love ewoks

Star Wars and the general universe is pretty cringe tbh. All movies sucked and had horrible directing and actors.

Because everyone dies at the end

Nice bait

>Did you even watch the movie
lol no

Sorry user, not everyone likes the immature movies you like.

ITT: Diabetes

Underrated post.

Actually enjoyed the ending. I was pretty high and some what drunk, was just not expecting it. Bitch should've shown dem titties before they died.

>Bitch should've shown dem titties before they died.
This. The dude in the movie had to sacrifice his life and didn't get to see any titties or fuck her. Sucks man. She was obviously begging for his dick.

Do not speak badly of the Ewoks Holiday Special, that was genius

They love you right back

Attached: ewok.gif (384x288, 353K)