What part of the UK/Great Britain do these women look like they are from, based on the way they look and sound...

What part of the UK/Great Britain do these women look like they are from, based on the way they look and sound? Which region might their accents indicate most?

youtube.com/watch?v=tLKNsyCGoyQ

Attached: 1280px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png (1280x640, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sy9jsqbrJQE
youtube.com/watch?v=WjTIFkWJctY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

These girls are from the south of the UK - they elongated the 'a' in words like 'dancing'. It's likely to be, based on accent and appearance, London, one of the Home Counties (Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, etc.) or Essex.

Pic unrelated, from Northern Ireland.

Attached: Exmplar.jpg (960x960, 94K)

OK, thanks for the assessment. I am not a fan of that woman's makeup.

Anybody else have opinions?

Let's see. Does southern England seem correct for anyone else?

yes. without a doubt. home counties is best bet, slightly westerly i think. its not a stereotypcal essex at least

Does Home Counties include Kent? I'm not sure if that does or not.

dont think so but after i posted i listened again and kent crossed my ind as a possibility

OK, thanks. I'm also studying the different English accents.

Not Kent, definitely south, but as previous user said probably not Essex unless it's closer to London. They do have a particular accent that I can't place.

Interesting, so not Kent, nor Essex. Probably in or around London to a bit of ways west and south, maybe a bit northward?

nice arabs, good luck with the brexit and say hellow to the musulinn

Attached: arabs in Uk.jpg (2000x1333, 339K)

Attached: arabs uk.jpg (634x412, 86K)

These days London accents are all over the place but that's not old style London/Cockney. I'd say not north of London, I worked in Hertfordshire. Also lived in Hampshire and I'd say that's closest to these girls now that I think about it.

That sounds like a well-informed guess. Thanks!

No problem. I'm interested in accents myself, always pay attention to them. And the feet were cute.

London or Home counties (Kent, Surrey, sussex, Buckinghamshire Hertfordshire Hampshire Berkshire Oxfordshire Cambridgeshire.) Sometimes you get the odd person from Bristol who sounds exactly like a person from London but more often they sound like the surrounding countryside accent (West country accent)

How distinctive are West Country accents, compared with the rest of England?

Very distinctive. Hang on..

Oi would say veree, moi luvver. Ee said to oi, 'ark at ee, young 'un.

Although if you hear old people from other rural areas across the south they can sound very similar.

youtube.com/watch?v=sy9jsqbrJQE

Wow haha this is the first time looking it up and this guy literally speaks like the stereotypical farmer you hear in films and tv shows

Thanks for the follow-up. If I recall, West Country is related to that old time stereotypical "pirate accent."

Well, I'm learning lots tonight! Just looked it up and you're right. They do sound pretty similar, never connected the two before till now.

From Wiki "Pirate" :
Stereotypical pirate accents are modeled on those of Cornwall, Devon, Somerset or the Bristol Channel area in South West England, though they can also be based on Elizabethan era English or other parts of the world. Pirates in film, television and theatre are generally depicted as speaking English in a particular accent and speech pattern that sounds like a stylized West Country accent, exemplified by Robert Newton's performance as Long John Silver in the 1950 film Treasure Island.[5][6] A native of the West Country in south west England from where many famous English pirates hailed, Newton also used the same strong West Country accent in Blackbeard the Pirate (1952).[7]

Alas it is 3:30am in England and I must go to bed. This has been an enjoyable conversation. Good day and good night!

One last from Glastonbury
youtube.com/watch?v=WjTIFkWJctY

All right, thanks for those references. I'll try to remember the names of the videos for later, too.

And good night to you!

Both good looking.

England has a lot of attractive women. This one, for example, is considered to have the Golden Ratio face type.

Attached: florence-colgate-england-most-beautiful-face.jpg (600x800, 94K)

Interesting accent type. Hollywood has clearly used that one a lot for pirates or other seafarers. It makes me wonder how many pirates were from other parts of England, not just the Southwest.

Are any other UK people on at this hour?

What about this one?

Attached: IMG_5673.jpg (3264x2448, 709K)

She could use a little bit of weight loss, but she is cute!

South coast and London obviously had loads due to coastal proximity, but pirates were recruited from all over

That makes sense. It would be a novelty to see a movie without so many West Country accents, or imitations thereof.

But what about where she might be from? London perhaps?

She could be. I would have to hear her accent to be able to determine that for sure. Her uniform does look London-like.

No way to hear her speak but at least we can see her plastered

Attached: IMG_6742.jpg (1000x667, 62K)

Attached: IMG_6897.jpg (1080x1920, 125K)

British girls are underrated.

and rightfully so