Currently enlisted in US Army. AMA

Currently enlisted in US Army. AMA

Attached: army_1_3.0.jpg (1800x1200, 743K)

MOS?
Also enlisted

Poop sock

42A reclassing to 17C

11b I just got out of sand hill how's the regular army like

When's the last time you or your friends have murdered a civilian

what drug do you plan to abuse in a foreign country when stationed? I hear germany is big on alcohol, crack and candy flipping

the other day defending your country from a russian invasion. too bad about your mom she was a real patriot.

I want to join something but still don't know what.
I can join Italys forces if I wanted too.
I don't want to die or stay too many year in before i can actualy leave for..
My objective it to get enough training to then start working for my dad's security company.
What should I join?

Not too bad. Currently at my unit. Shipping out to Kuwait soon. Gonna be boring from what I hear. Not too much to do

do you have no other prospects or what

None haha. Even if I wanted to, the Army has made it impossible. Constant random drug tests, etc.

I'm autistic, not American you dumb fuck. Enjoy your future of crack and hookers officer Dan

I have prior college experience. Once I get settled overseas I'll be taking online classes.

hows it feel to be in the world second greatest army (nah you yanks are good guys i respect anyone who serves)

Attached: DSCN0187.jpg (3264x2448, 1.73M)

Look into cyber-related MOS's. A lot of them come with security clearances and experience you can take back to the civilian sector

how are your docs/medical staff? are they always swamped or do they have downtime?

You come home and bitch about PTSD like some faggot American soldier? Can't stand you faggots anymore.

Are you being all that you can be?

I mean, the field medics get screwed imo. The general deployments you take arent more than a year...but the medics have been known to go for up to three. As far as the specific staff I've been treated by, pretty good.

What’s basic like, what should I be prepared for other than PT?

He'll be on disability or building refridgeraters, you dont join the army because your a genius with a ton of cash to burn

>I have prior college experience
top fucking kek

Is basic training hard? Normal fag here

ive heard horror stories about their competencies before so it made me wonder if overwork was a thing

(regarding PA's. docs, nurses, etc)

POG

Basic is what you make of it. If you treat it like the world is falling down and you become mentally defeated, you'll be the guy trying to hand himself. Don't let the drill sergeants rattle you. Make sure you stay off the radar as much as possible. Always be on time, with the right uniform, and with the right attitude. Always sound off and give 100% effort. If you do that, you'll be fine

Went into the Marines to have the life experience; am hyper successful in corporate world now

As I mentioned in the previous comment, it's all about what you make of it. In all honesty, if you break it down, it's just a fat camp for adujlts, where when you get punished, you get yelled at and are made to do power-workouts (pushups, knuckleups, squats, v-ups, etc)

British army is superior

Attached: 32239ec004193a5bdf860e39f28f9d59.jpg (500x632, 79K)

>hyper successful in corporate world now
>browsing b
kek

I don't fucking pieces of shit.

Right on man, for sure. I went into the army with social anxiety, was super out of shape, kind of husky, etc. I'm extroverted now, dropped close to 50lbs, relatively muscular, yenno. It definitely did me some good

did you see any of your colleagues die?

can you be a bit more specific, sorry i don't know much about the US military

LIFE experience? It's called growing up. Having ptsd isnt a special skill

Nah, they do a good job. The older and more-ranked they are the better. Ones who have just gotten out of AIT are still noobs. They can sometimes make mistakes. For example, a SPC took my blood and she completely stabbed the needle through the vein, and medic worth their money wouldn't have been so careless. Nothing too minor though

i give military that, if you are a looser its def a way to go since they break you and set you straight so you can have a decent life after, thats if you get lucky and don't get ptsd

stop being a faggot, man

Sure you are all the marines I know lie. Piece of shit.

OP didn't even mention PTSD you fucking retard. Kill yourself.

None yet thankfully. Definitely not in front of me

Simply google 'US army cyber MOS's' and you'll find what you're looking for. There are quite a few to choose from

you got lucky she didn't stab your ulnar nerve

Been browsing b since college pre marines on and off. Made a thread w pics way back during my range qualification in 2010 back when I was a brand new boot LT

Same although mine started getting better near end of college but being throw in front of a platoon killed any of it left. Good luck and don't be an idiot out in town and you'll get promoted if you want.

>Definitely not in front of me
you knew someone that got kia?

I mean, I guess you have to learn one way or another, and that one way would be to get out of the classroom and actually DO it, but if I had my way I would have had a more seasoned medic shadow her to make sure she knew for sure what she was doing. Oh well though. I survived haha

Thank you for your service.

Bwahahahahahaha!!!

Not in numbers and equipment. Our government makes it real hard for our troops. Tight cunts. But yeah British soldiers are top tier. Same as the US. Bit gung ho though.

Thanks! Can I wipe it off my chin now, sir

word, thanks

I'm just looking for some military experience so that my dad will actualy give me the company

usually they're supposed to follow competencies (ie. doing it 10 times before being on their own). idk how the army works though. only time i can think of someone deliberately aims for the ulnar vein is if they dont want to move to the hand or they have nothing else and dont want to try the other arm.

Kuwait is hotter than a motherfucker (120F plus humidity) but it's not dangerous.Try to go to Camp Arifjan if you can. They have a swimming pool, shopping locations, and generally more shit to do. The other 2 army bases there suck. I think you still get hazardous duty pay too.

Well, the full story was there were two medics. They were both SPCs. The first one went to take blood and she couldn't end up finding my vein. She applied a bandage and asked the other SPC to do the other arm. When that SPC did it, she plunged the needle in too far, even me with no medical knowledge was telling her she was doing it wrong. I had her bring the needle back towards her a bit and it began to fill the vile. Idk.

I believe I'll be at Camp Beuhring or whatever, but I'm not entirely sure. And yeah, it's hot. Not a fan of the heat to begin with. And I believe you're right, I do get hazard duty pay. If I go to that camp I'll only be 25 miles from the Iraq border.

dubs for the truth, sounds like that sucked but c'est la vie.

Beuhring isn't too bad. I forgot the name of the 3rd army base out there but it's the really shitty one. Knock out some college classes while you're not doing shit.

How much time did you stay?

At my place of employment, I only hire Marine Corps Vets, they have their shit together.

cont.
before I forget, you'll most likely be offered leave to go home halfway through your deployment/rotation. But you shouldn't take it. If you're there for a year you'll get 28 leave days. But these aren't your average leave days, they're "tax free." So if you use these special leave days when you get back home, then the IRS will give you a extra money back on your tax returns.

sounds like it could do good form me, my dad was pretty hard but it didn't make me the jerk person, just got more and more submissive. I'm kida of a beta but i try

Good info. I was told that too. And for me, 28 days doesn't seem like a long time. I'd rather just stick it out and see my family longer when I get back.

i think was beeing sarcastic

4 years one deployment to afg was an officer

Nah, I'm serious. Now lets be real, I only had to sell my soul to the US government for 6 years in order to do that, but luckly I joined for other reasons aside from self improvement lol

How are you 360 noscopes?

Maybe but I actually saw it a lot so who knows, also saw a few go the opposite way just to get out of deployment

Why

Not as good as my 1260 YY grenade throw-fakie blackscopes, but yenno. I'm always looking to improve

why did you join the army was the marines to tough for you

I could probably handle the marines now after being in the Army, but not before I joined. I doubt I would have been able to keep up with their vigorous PT. I did briefly consider it when picking branches. I was dabbling around with the Coast Guard too. Army just seemed for me like the best choice. Idk. Anytime I think of the 'US Military' Army ground-forces always pop into mind first before anything

How do you feel about people who wear their cammies out in town

I'm personally very modest. I never accept veteran-discounts, nor do I try to board planes first unless absolutely necessary, etc. I don't want anyone to know I'm military. At least IRL. It seems like a cry for attention and a cheap way to pick up women when you do that...unless you're under orders. There are times where I've been required to drive to a base and whatnot and will stop at a gas station or convenience store. At that point you can't do anything about it.

Edit: not to shame anyone who wears their uniform. Its personally none of my business at the end of the day. Its just that some can be scubs looking for handouts

>marines
>tough
I have a brother in the Marine Corps and the shit I did in the infantry he said was way more difficult.

I only ask because I’m currently active duty marines been in over 4 years currently a E4 stationed in Hawaii right now and it pisses me off more then anything when I see a soldier chilling at the mall in his cammies on a Saturday. Obviously asking for attention. But I’ve never really asked someone in the army on there opinion on that but I appreciate you being modest and wearing it only when it would be a time critical thing

Whats up robby

Bullshit. I have one brother that was a paratrooper and another a Marine. The Marines were way more intense from my brother and they've seen some intense combat. Soldiers are useless and just sit back letting SF dudes do all the work.

dam, i think some marine time awaits me then

37F
I went to Sand Hill.

How bout that hot and humid forest climate?

Why join the US Army? Be a man and join the French Foreign Legion. Some real benefits there.

Unless he is infantry then I'll agree it's more intense. POG Marines are nothing compared to Army Infantry. Also what's your MOS?

Brother was a combat engineer. Did all SEREs, sapper school, etc. Only training he didn't do was paratrooper school. He deployed 7 times and worked a lot with infantry and occasionally with Recon and SF dudes. This is why the infantry assault MOS is no more, the combat engineers do what they do. I'm pretty sure you can get rid of the EOD MOS as well.

Most of my info comes from him, I wasn't an idiot in school so I found other ways to serve.

Do push-ups

>never serve
>other ways to serve
Ok bub. I guess we should just get rid of infantry and replace them with 12Bs. Thank you for your service sir.

Attached: 7653a0d9746c18238a3f910f5f16716a.jpg (500x384, 25K)

This is the problem with retards in the military, they think they single-handedly fight wars on their own.

That moment when your recruiter be like hey I'mma make you a speshul forces 18x paratrooper pararescue Navy Seal Team 6 combat medic.

And you accidentally sign as 92S

No. It's just funny you talking to me like you've experienced shit before. When you sign that contract and enlist then come back. Just another never serve civilian is all you are. I thank your brothers for their service if they are even real and not imaginary.

don’t fall in love and get married. stay single and have fun.

How do you feel about russia?
they placed their country incredibly close to nato bases, clearly to provoke a war - you think it will happen anytime soon?
And if so - are you affraid?

Attached: pump-action cuckgun.jpg (500x396, 35K)

step down from that high horse. its not serving, its a fucking job these days. you get paid and you can quit it. you acting like you are doing anyone here a favor... cops serve more these days than you fags. the have shit pay and help out the community. all you do is fight some economy wars for resources and stuffing someones pocket- hence your fat paycheck. you are not protecting anyone.

>like you've experienced shit before
lol thinking the military is the only way to experience shit

>hey placed their country incredibly close to nato bases
kek

Take a bullet for Israel.

Why Israel names their army as "US"? Is it to confuse us as people or for historical reasons?

kek, based

Exactly. My father was a vietnamese rice farmer and he saw more combat than the average infantryman.

Slavs will rule the world

Also, thinking of all the support needed to even deploy troops. The amount of information that needs to be processed. You don't just show up in an unstable nation and single-handedly shoot a few bullets and solve everything. There is a massive workforce both civilian and military that supports you and your (often) failed efforts. And if you really want to actually protect the nation, the military is not where it's at.

Is basic training hard and will I hate AIT?

>not protecting anyone
We protect the American people. You should talk to Congress if you don't like how apparently we aren't "protecting" you buddy.
You're right maybe being on a 12 month deployment to Afghanistan getting shot at by sand people and having your Team Leader or Squad Leader die is nothing compared to other shit you could've possibly done user. Please tell me what you've done user.

Go cyber or intel. They transfer over in the civ sector. Nothing else guarantees a job when you’re done. When get out file for VA, claim everything. You be surprised how many nice cars are at the VA parking lot.
Recruiters lie. Get everything you want in your contract, then sign, don’t settle or compromise.
If you bomb the asvab, take it again. Make sure to get a high GT score

Basic training isn’t hard. Just shut up and do what your told, learn be better than the person next to you.

Bang air force chicks

no and no
basic was like summer camp with guns and ait was like any other college class

>We protect the American people
No you don't, you destabilize regions to reduce oil prices.

lol, nope
World is cucked and cuckoo egg hached already - this war is already lost. You can thank the left wing for the "progress" tho.

Attached: 1490707858887.jpg (800x376, 91K)

destabilization increases the prices you repulsive nigger

Accept we do. All military branches do. As said talk to Congress if you don't like it. As soldiers, Marines, Seamen, Airmen, and Coast Guard we are the people who protect America if an Invasion were to happen. We just follow orders from higher ups. It's alright though you ain't the first or last.

Attached: 1528733883309.jpg (680x960, 61K)

"US" just means expendable cannon fodder.

how is it like living with downs syndrome?

That guy was an islamophobe, clearly implying that islam and muslims are in any way violent or on a path of conquest, good riddance he got killed.
>inb4 autistic screeching
it's a joke.

>We protect the American people.
kek, you are a mercenary. how the fuck do you even see a way you protect america? from what?

they brainwashed you good there. lil ant doing as its told

kek

Coast Guard? Airmen? bruh

How many sand niggers did you kill? If it's less than one million, you're clearly a fag.

then go back to israel

>if an Invasion were to happen.
lol shut up bitch you want to be invaded and taken advantage of
some of you might protect your home, but your borders are asking to be assfucked and none of the aboe will help you - all it took to make a succesfull invasion is to carry it without guns and here we go; error in your brains similar as we see looking at leucocytes confronting hiv

Attached: shit overfloving.jpg (750x563, 459K)

Countries threaten each other with potential war all the time, but its only to appear tough and to stay relevant. Russia doesn't want war, no one does. If we were to go to war everyone would be rekt. It would turn nuclear eventually, allies would jump in, etc.

You are not protecting anyone its a joke

pussy

Previous said, Basic is what you make of it. If you hate it, it will hate you back. Same with AIT. I personally didn't care for my AIT, but that's because I just chose the job to ship out quickly, not because I truly liked it.

so yeah better to attack only shitskins and nigger scum who don't have nukes

You're goddamn right

why do you serve a draft dodger

I realized I'm blessed to live in my country. So much so that I figured it wouldn't hurt to put in some time to keep it safe and functioning. I mean, look at hong kong rn. China is trying to basically strong arm them into doing what they want. And there are protesters right now flaying american flags...that speaks volumes about the USA and how other countries perceive us.

aren't they getting invaded by mexico for years now? good thing they are stationed in iraq

>how other countries perceive us
kek, your global image is far from reality... half the planet still believes american dream is a thing, where there are homless people in your country that have two jobs and still can't afford rent kek

You're not entirely wrong, but we can't declare war again mexico for illegal immigration. I mean...I guess we could, but yenno. We do have border patrol and things like that. If you look into US immigration policies it's been a heavily debated topic for years. The GOP wants to increase border security, and the democrats secretly want illegal immigration because they use the immigrants to score votes for their party.

Trust me, it's still very much a thing. My family moved to America with literally nothing and they managed to start from scratch (no help, college, nothing) and now have a great life for themselves.

>but we can't declare war again mexico for illegal immigration
lol, but you can declare war in iraq agaisnt UN sanctions... i wonder why

>My family moved to America with literally nothing and they managed to start from scratch (no help, college, nothing) and now have a great life for themselves.
so you were not born in US but you made it to military? if that doesn't scream mercenary then i don't know what will do it for you... also immigrants making decent living from 0 while 3-4 generation citizens loosing all their savings is nothing new there... thats why they are ok with mexico invading, cheap labour and cannon fodder to power their economic machine owned by the elite

blessed to live in america? lol,america is a pile of shit.people who are proud to be americans are just to stupid to know any better

Came here to say this

Right that's why oil prices are at an all time high right and OPEC hates us right

The percentage of Muslims might have been higher at other times.

Attached: 1552398555809.jpg (3000x2248, 358K)

This.

Attached: 1552399257577.jpg (2000x1500, 218K)

>OPEC
they destabilize regions of competitors, giving them monopoly on the oil reserves since no-one but parties of interest can pump there... are you that fucking stupid? do you really think that the elites responsible for military activities there own oil wells in that region by coincidence?