Anybody move out into their own place for the first time? How has the experience been?

anybody move out into their own place for the first time? How has the experience been?

I'm 26 and still live at home and have been apartment hunting. I looked at 3 places so far but I haven't found something I like yet.

Attached: 1566426504366.jpg (670x960, 132K)

I've been on my own since I was 18. I got very lucky with a great price in Hollywood and my rent has become lower as I got older because I'm the sole person on the lease and am able to charge way too much for my spare room because of how high prices in the area are. Honestly if you are interested in living on your own then your first place is a lot more about the experience than the apartment its self, you can always move in a year when you get a feel for what you really want out of a living space. That or you could look at more than 3 places. What are you not liking about them? I admittedly got very lucky. I took my place before it was even repaired I just only cared that it was a two bedroom near my school at the time. But years later I am extremely grateful I got it and never moved because it is a really large apartment for Hollywood and I've been able to tailor it to my liking.

Attached: 1.jpg (1632x1224, 806K)

Beware living around black people, they will make your life miserable.

nice, user.

I definitely need to look at more than 3 places. The first place was in a rough neighborhood and the outside property was really shitty. The apartment was decent but it was the first place I looked at and it felt unsafe so I figured it was better to pass.

The second place was a lot more tempting because the neighborhood was beautiful but the apartment itself had no windows. So it was very dark and the bathroom was also smaller than the closet and tucked away in the bedroom and it just felt like there wouldn't be enough airflow.

The last place I looked at was very tempting because it was newly renovated but similar to the second place, there were no windows (aside a small one near the door) and it was a similar situation with the bathroom.

So yeah the place doesn't need to be perfect but I would like windows and a decent bathroom. I don't really care about the kitchen much. I don't feel like in my gut I'm being overly picky but I definitely am just trying to avoid jumping into anything I'm not 100% sure of.

I'm already living around a lot of black people and will admit they are very loud and have a lot of people over and throw a lot of parties. If its just noise I don't really care but I just don't want to move into an apartment in a shitty area and not feel safe in it.

Beware of living around Indian people they fucking smell up the building with the shit they call food and their kids are fucking annoying.

yeah I haven't looked into any apartment buildings or complexes as I'm a bit on the fence about them. The apartments I've looked at so far have been sectioned off portions of peoples houses so it's all been private which I kind of prefer.

Wait until next year when the economy tanks. Rent is super inflated right now in most major areas, boomers are trying to rape us since they just found out capitalism has failed their retirement plan.

The first place doesn't sound bad. how bad is the neighorhood really? Before I found my current place I lived in Macarthur park, back before it got gentrified. It was supposed to be the most crime riddled place but I had no problem walking around as the only white guy in this majority black crime community. The closest I got to 'conflict' was when an obvious thug looking type followed me off of my bus and then scared the shit out of me when he caught up to me and then all he did was ask if I know where to get music since limewire got taken down.

Where do you live that it's legal to make an apartment without windows? That has been outlawed in the us since 1935

Also don't get ripped off some guy wanted 6000 up front a one bed room the place was a dump he wanted a Broker Fee, First and Last, and Accidental Fee all equal to a months rent. I was like nah later dude.

I pay 240 a month for a room in a house in niggerville, usa. It actually is pretty nice, have only had car broken into once. maybe might get a concealed carry license and a handgun, cops have an hour long response time. I grow weed in the backyard.

well I watched one of the neighbors got put into the back of a police car as I was leaving after viewing the apartment, so that stuck with me.

it was a bit of an unusual set up-- the house is on a hill so technically a portion of it is considered to be a basement. there was a small window near the front door but it had an A/C in it. So technically not windowless but you know, the bedroom and bathroom was windowless.

the brokers fee thing is bullshit but if I love the place I'd be willing tbh

I would never be able to do that so I give you a lot of credit in all honesty. the idea of just renting one room would drive me crazy. I realize for some people its the only option but just me personally I wouldn't be able to unless I absolutely had to.

>well I watched one of the neighbors got put into the back of a police car as I was leaving after viewing the apartment, so that stuck with me.
I wouldn't worry about that. I live in Hollywood and we had two murdres in the buildings next door. That happens everywhere, and those crimes are generally domestic. You are more likely to get murdered by someone you know, particularly a loved one, then a stranger and all that.

the neighborhood I live in now isn't great but its nicer than that area. I think id be more willing to look past it if I was blown away by the apartment itself. But that was also the first apartment ive ever gone to look at so I didn't feel like the urge to jump into it regardless.

I'd say the first 2 I'm confident about saying no 2 but I will admit I do have some doubts about passing up the third. I probably could of made it work but my gut also kept going back to no.

so I think the doubt is more so coming from the fact that I looked at the first 3 all within a week and now I have nothing lined up to look at and its been a couple of weeks.

Don't expect to be blown away by anything. I'm going to reiterate my first sentiment but a bit more bluntly: settle. If you want to live on your own you are going to have to settle based off of what your price range seems to be.

Depends on the neighborhood. If you get friendly with the older black dudes (30+) the young ones won't fuck with you much. They tend do respect the older guys and women.

I can definitely settle on certain things but not as a whole. if my gut is saying this isn't the place or if the overall impression is just "this place is okay" then I just cant bring myself to move in if that makes sense.

loud ass niggers can be a problem

but I'm also in the position where I don't need to be in a place tomorrow. so maybe i'd feel differently if time was more of an issue. I'm not opposed to it taking a few months to find a place or even looking at 10 places before picking a place but ideally I'd like it to be sooner than later if possible.

>nigs
>respect
Ok

Don't be embarrassed to look for roommates. It won't be a perfect experience, but it's great practice for dealing with people and such. Also, you might be surprised how relieved you feel getting away from family...

How far away from your job are the places you looked at?.