I cut the tip of my thumb with a boxcutter yesterday. The cut is about 1/4 inch long, and kinda deep...

I cut the tip of my thumb with a boxcutter yesterday. The cut is about 1/4 inch long, and kinda deep. I see dark red at the bottom, but idk if it's muscle or just the blood clotting.

How do I know if I hit muscle or not, and If i did hit muscle, what do I have to do about it?

It doesn't hurt or anything. It's just a bit numb.

>Will post a pic if i get a good one after my phone charges enough to flash.

Attached: g_1158.jpg (360x360, 11K)

bump, please do post a pic.

I cut myself with that shit several times. (not a cutfag, just work in construction) since it's a clean slice, just wash it and try to keep the wound closed and covered if you want it to heal fast.

Put a drop of superglue in the cut and press it together, then stop bitching.

Put thumb in pooper

Will do.
Just don't get your hopes up. It's not much to look at, I just don't feel like getting my arm amputated in a month when I find out it's infected.

This motherfucker knows

There are no muscles in your thumb. Dark red is a normal color for deep cuts. If you start to see zig zagging red extensions from the cut please call my office.

Gg user. You will die due to eternal bleeding

Here are the pics if anyone still gives a fuck.

Attached: 20190824_024139.jpg (2048x1152, 566K)

Attached: 20190824_024147.jpg (2048x1152, 667K)

Should go get a Tdap booster. Tetanus is a real bitch, OP.

user, not a medfag but I took first aid and your cut isn't down to muscle. What I would suggest is soaking it in hydrogen peroxide for up to 10 minutes and allowing the blood to clot and from that point on wrap it in gauze or tissues if it continues bleeding. If the cut opens up easily go to a physician

OP confirmed bitch. If it's not actively bleeding you're fine. Put a ninja turtle bandaid on it and call it good.

see a surgeon so they can stitch you up

>If the cut opens up easily go to a physician

You mean like if it starts bleeding again easily?
I did the hydrogen peroxide thing yesterday, and slapped a bandaid on it, and the bleeding stopped almost immediately, and hasn't come back since.

Because of the position though, there is kind of a wide gap between the skin keeping that red part exposed at all times.

Box cutter in pooper.

severe open wounds that involve significant bleeding will require immediate medical attention.

t.nurse

sorry for late response OP, if the cut opens again and bleeds without pressure go to a physician, if it only bleeds with pressure you're good. Just try to avoid using that thumb for a day or 2 and have lots of water. It'll help speed up healing

It didn't really involve much bleeding though. I put hydrogen peroxide in it and the bleeding stopped entirely within 20 minutes

Thanks bro. So it's okay that the skin is opened up, as long as its not bleeding?

Yeah it's fine, it'll heal over time. I cut off a small piece of flesh when I shaved a few weeks ago and it just bled a fuck ton, I did the peroxide trick, stopped bleeding waited a few days and it was back to normal

THAT'S the cut you're worried about. You'll know you hit fascia, when you see yellow fat and plasma, stop being a puss

stfu

go see a doctor

Okay. I'll just wait it out then. Thanks for the help my nigga.
Have this comic i found in return.

Here's the comic. Don't know why it didn't upload before...

Attached: 1558894470867.png (477x640, 237K)

Fingers don't have muscles you fucking mongoloid

holy shit this exact thing happened to me last month, tip of my left thumb and all. I went to the hospital to get stitches bc it wouldn't stop bleeding but they put dermabond on it instead.

don't do what this retard said, superglue IN the cut will make it heal incredibly slow. put some superglue over the cut after washing it well. this way it holds it together without impeding the healing process inside the cut. the medical stuff (dermabond) is cyanoacrylate just like superglue but it has some other ingredient or some shit, doesn't matter. if it starts lifting off put some more over it.

took me like two weeks to heal, but it was sealed up within the first week. mine was bigger too. only thing was the inside hadn't quite sealed up so it still hurt to press on things with that thumb for a little bit. you'll live OP