Im trying to run a virutal machine for linux mint and cant make the fucking thing resize to proper resolution on...

Im trying to run a virutal machine for linux mint and cant make the fucking thing resize to proper resolution on fullscreen, can anyone help?

Attached: wtf.png (1802x982, 90K)

Yeah get windows 7 pro

well unless you have a clean, safe installation iso then No

Did you install the VB additions in the guest system?

W7 Pro is literally the most common ISO in the entirety of history atm. How are you this lazy

VFIO your graphics card

You'd be surprised

Yes
Will that properly make the res not be terrible?

Try a Linux forum genius

dude wrong forum

you have to install the virtual box extensions or whatever... which can be pain because it often times has to build the kernel modules, which requires packages not installed by default. build-essentials and the kernel headers.

I did also nice dubs

yeah either this or changing the res from inside the VM (e.g. through Mint's admin interface) should work

Your graphics card will literally be the graphics card of your VM. The problem is you're likely a cunt who didn't set up the fake device correctly.

Just install it normally you coward

I did it
I did
How I do that

Attached: 4.jpg (750x1000, 185K)

if it skips the kernel module building step because of missing dependencies that will often break the auto resize feature.

here's the command to install the things needed for the kernel module build process.. i think these are all that's needed, but i could be wrong.
[code]
sudo apt install build-essential linux-headers-$(uname -r)
[/code]

You don't know how to change the graphics settings from within the VM, but you claim you set up the virtual devices correctly?

Sage. Kys nigger

You are obvious too dumb to realize you set it that way in the VM configuration. You do not need a Linux forum. You need to reconf the display and resolution settings in your hypervisor. You need to shut the vm down to do this. Jesus fucking christ. You kids can't open a fucking canned food product or run a goddam VM. WTF.

RIP

Also you usually have to reboot the VM at least once after the kernel module build process.

Attached: 1522776378117.gif (320x240, 1.99M)

tf is a hypervisor

I see where it says in options for view rescale to certain resolution but htere all blurred out and I looked through all options while it was powered down