How much do you have in savings right now? I don't have a job but I'm in college...

How much do you have in savings right now? I don't have a job but I'm in college. I heard somewhere that you should have 6 month's worth of savings at any time, but that sounds unrealistic unless you live like a cheap fuck and/or make over 100k a year

Attached: 1563666097786.jpg (960x1280, 234K)

Ideally you should have 9 months of expenses saved back for an emergency like an injury. I just bought a house a few months ago so right now I don't have shit.

>Ideally you should have 9 months of expenses saved back for an emergency like an injury
Isn't that what insurance is for? I mean, if you're gonna have that much cash just for an injury you may as well just buy health insurance. Or do you mean in case you can't work?

Not so much for paying for an injury but surviving off whatever you may get for long term disability which usually isn't 100% of your paycheck so your income will be reduced for a while.

dem thighs tho'
>in savings right now?
a few thousand
>unless you live like a cheap fuck
that's me
>make over 100k a year
fukk no

That does make sense. 9 months seems like a lot though. How do you even save that much in the first place? Live with your parents for a year after graduating college?

Live within your means enough to save it up. It'll take a long time believe me. But it's a lifesaver if you ever get injured or lose a job in a tight job market.

I have 8 months worth my salary in savings, I'm a cheap fuck who makes decent money.

119k.

>How much do you have in savings right now?
about tree fiddy

Depending on where you live and your life situation, (family, house) 100k/year could either be great or barely squeaking by

I thought it was an exaggeration personally, but in that case I'll definitely make it a priority to have that much savings when I get a job. Then where does all this talk about people not having money in savings come from? Are the democrats really talking about niggers when they say this?

idk like -70,000

I have 6k in the bank, I spent a long time saving from a minimum wage job. I’m curious what others working minimum wage have saved

had a company on my name for my father and he fucked up and now I am bankrupt
my own fault I guess

Pretty much niggers.

Anybody who is somewhat smart with their money and savings almost never talks about how much they have stashed or how they do it.

Most people in this fuckin society think it’s cool to piss away every dime they have on useless shit under the umbrella phrase “HAHA YOU CANT TAKE IT WITH YOU” like mf you’re 22 and live in a shoebox.

You're not your job.
You're not how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive.
You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis.
You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

-23.42 and rising (lowering?) because of insufficient fund and service fees.

>where does all this talk about people not having money in savings come from?
...from the banks. They bitch about people not having money
in Savings Accounts (as I do) but they pay shit-tier interest.

About $160k. Got a jump start through inheritance, but I do save at least $300/mo.

I wouldn't be able to sleep well with less than 6 months worth of savings.

thx Tyler

Attached: fight-club_Tyler.jpg (1344x1024, 126K)

I'm and oldfag. got just over 2mil in the bank and live like a rat in a shack. I have less than 50K in hard assets. Happy as a clam. Needless to say I never married and didn't waste resources on kids.

Attached: mgtow.png (1200x1200, 7K)

Does ira and personal stock/investments count?

>2mil in the bank
nobody in their right mind has that much in_a_bank
rather than in diversified investment_media, Grandpa

I was using "bank" figuratively. Excellent point, though.

If you count loans and debt then I’m hanging out around -390k. But most of that is split with s/o. Actual useable money I have like 1k. Playing catch-up from vacation and buying a house currently

I have basically nothing. I've been poor most of my life since my parents decided to retire at 45 for some reason. (This is before the stock market crashed, and then my father drank the rest away). So i literally live paycheck to paycheck.

You're acting like moving out immediately after graduating is an option for most people.

personal-saving account interest isn't meant to be huge. its just used to fight off inflation.

>one more point(same poster)
i bet you enjoy watching your money devalue.

25k in cash, about 190k in investments

I dont even have time for this. Get yourself 6 months of savings. If that means living poor for a while to do it, guess what, its gonna be a HELL OF A LOT EASIER than no income for 6 months and ZERO to fall back on.

I don't have shit in savings because relationships are dumb. Stay single.