So for real.
What do you do?

Attached: trolley.jpg (506x267, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18523004/r
youtube.com/watch?v=z3Di5dq6ElU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

strawpoll.me/18523004/r

Here is another place to put your opinions.

I want to say I'd flip the switch, because the more witnesses we have, the more information we would have that would hopefully lead to the monster that put us in this mess.

Walk away pretend I didn't see anything

Only one witness and switching it would change it from negligence to manslaughter

What if you too are some how restrained to that spot with your hand glued to said lever.
What if the choice was forced, just as the theoretical people were forced.

Attached: 1565766857847.jpg (611x372, 21K)

100%

yes

Attached: 1565766085729.jpg (672x482, 24K)

one trolley sized level, obviously
there would just be TOO MANY little trolleys to handle

>multitrackdrifting.bmp

Which ones are black and/or Hispanic?

Only answer worth a toss.

All of them are Portugese

Either way, someone is getting murdered to death.

Multikill

Stomp in the single guy's head so he doesn't have to hear the others being killed by the tram.

This train is so small, can't hurt any one.

They're not tied to anything, they can roll off or stand up

The trolley isn't moving, either. Probably doesn't even have a motor.

It depends, maybe switch half way

Multi track drifting

Attached: multi-track-drifting-18147996.png (500x665, 155K)

Lego Multi-Track Drifting
youtube.com/watch?v=z3Di5dq6ElU

Attached: Multi-Track Drifting IRL.jpg (820x461, 164K)

Assuming I don't know shit about any of the people, who they are, or what value they hold in society; I will choose to kill the single motherfucker in exchange for saving the life of the others. Not a perfect choice, but a fair choice nevertheless. If I know that the five people are deviants of any color (con men, thieves, murderers, and other malcontents, etc), while the single person on the other end is an award winning doctor or a morally righteous person who has contributed to society in meaningful ways, then the choice is also clear; I'll kill the degenerates and save the person who retains value. Again, not a perfect solution, because in each case I am being forced to play the role of death himself and also impose my own moral underpinnings onto the value of human life, but it's again another just decision.

Ideally, I'd like to find a solution that would allow me to save them all, even if they are beings of poor moral fiber themselves, but that's not a choice, is it?

Turn 360 degrees and walk away

Kill less people. How is this a dilemma?

Is this a trick question, seems pretty simple to me

The actual experiment is that 5 of the people are criminals, drug addicts, etc and the 1 person is like a law abiding doctor or something "good/useful". Its a test to see where you are on a morale compass

Top one is a Jew
Bottom ones are White people

>lever sized trolleys
They're like the size of dogs, so if they caught you they'd fuck you up. They don't have claws, limbs or fangs by which they could tear your flesh, but they could stampede you to death. You might be able to outrun them if they have difficulty moving on rocky terrain, but in the city you'd be fucked unless you could reach the skyline somehow, as the rooftops would provide safety as long as they were unable to climb stairs or otherwise ascend to the roof. If they're capable of jumping then you also might be fucked, even on rocky terrain, so it all depends on how fast they can move and whether you can outrun them. As for dealing damage, you might be able to lead them to a body of water and force them in because they'd sink, but this assumes that they're not intelligent and are somehow simply programmed to attack you. If they've some degree of intelligence you may be able to trap them in a large area where you previously planted explosives and either eradicate them or bury them underneath debris from falling structures. I doubt you could devise any weaponry to handle them, unless you can get a tank or something.
>trolley sized lever
It won't be able to move, so your only advantage would be that you could turn 360 degrees and walk away. On the other hand, if it has some mobility or you're otherwise facing it in an enclosed arena in which it may be able to attack you, then you'll have to acquire something strong enough to dismantle it by force or through cunning (i.e. a wrecking ball, a vat of molten metal, some type of tool by which you can loosen its parts, etc). If not, you're fucked, unless you can find a way to escape. I'd go with the trolleys because they'd be easier to handle. I'd head for a port, get on a boat, and go to the nearest coast to prepare for their pursuit. Ultimately, I'd spend as much time on the water or in the air as possible, so as to avoid contact with them at all costs. Fuck the lever, unless I can avoid it.

i believe the idea is that the train is already headed for the 5 people, it could be argued that it is not your fault if they die whereas if you switch you are actively choosing to kill the 1 person. something like that

I'd save the one guy; because I can't imagine anyone doing it for me if I was on that track. It'd be nice to do the favor for someone eles.

problem solved

Attached: jqu8dsbn.jpg (506x267, 29K)

>What do you do?
Keep searching for rare coins with my metal detector. Be sad that there is no lever attached to the rails for me to utilize to save people's lives.