Wtf happened to rock and roll? Is it truly dead or just sleeping?

Wtf happened to rock and roll? Is it truly dead or just sleeping?

Attached: This_is_Spinal_Tap_1984_5038123.jpg (3582x2379, 643K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TL0L5ix7uvA?t=10
youtu.be/fnyCJDYONSU
youtu.be/86_vnQc1oBE
youtu.be/vhbMbiYb5bg
youtu.be/5m-lJb69wrs
youtube.com/watch?v=-Yq3mFI6J1Q
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DyDfgMOUjCI
youtu.be/Hp5r9qwqpPc
youtu.be/X5RP6wt9_W8
youtu.be/Vr3r6Mdci6c
youtu.be/5_tGdfT_Vsc
youtube.com/watch?v=75RiHJGfyUE
youtube.com/watch?v=-gWQQHHEz04
youtu.be/b1o68h4Usqs
youtu.be/AyRDDOpKaLM
youtube.com/watch?v=oN3tf_lLMHc
youtu.be/m8X6WA02e8Q
youtu.be/VCZVRQ3z5qE
youtu.be/Fa9nN3G2CSg
youtu.be/1CpRCc4Jre8
youtu.be/t8Myb8i13qY
youtu.be/hLpPzGT9_3o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It’s out there, it just doesn’t sound the same

It's alive and well, just outside the mainstream right now. But we do live in an era where everything mainstream is pretty streamlined and same-ish. Look outside it and find whatever the heck you want too.

King Gizzard's new album is pretty great.

Every generation has music. The era of rock and roll ended for two reasons:
1. Boomers will not accept new music, no matter how much it sounds like the same recycled shit that's been playing for 35 years
2. For us younger folk, the same recycled shit has been playing non stop for our entire lives and we'd rather listen to a washer/dryer combo than deal with the chucklefuck generation.

Check out Black Veil Brides.....it alive and hunting

Its all about the nigger music these days OP didnt you know?

stupid question honestly

youtu.be/TL0L5ix7uvA?t=10

it got a real spinal tap for sex reasons

This video should answer your question

youtu.be/fnyCJDYONSU

Its not dead or sleeping, you just need to stop listening to mainstream pop stations
youtu.be/86_vnQc1oBE

TBH, the younger generation is capable of pretty great music that actually sounds like an evolution of what came before and entirely new things.

It's a pity that none of it reaches the mainstream because major labels have even more effective ways of buying hits, which is why he have to stand all the Katy Perrys and Asap Rockys which is music dumbed down to retard level.

youtu.be/vhbMbiYb5bg
user what do you think of greta van fleet?

That bitch is a ho....I fucked her in middle school

All guitar solos have already been invented.

Attached: 1547513341453.jpg (460x466, 35K)

They're okay. I'd appreciate them more if they felt less "safe" and polished. That's my main gripe with lots of things at the moment.

Just so you know, I'm not OP, just someone who likes music.

Eh, I listen to the same shit my dad listens to, it's just better than all that corporate-pushed bullshit that's everywhere.

Got eemm

How so? Like you enjoy more of live performances vs studio?

youtu.be/5m-lJb69wrs

It's there, we just dont know it. Pops took me to see Jason Isbell, who i'd never heard off, and he was fucking awesome

youtube.com/watch?v=-Yq3mFI6J1Q

>I don't know how to find new music: The Thread
Boomers fuck off

Live is always better, but most stuff just feels over produced and polished. Like, it's rock and roll, but the producers make it have the sheen of, let's say, r&b or something. Same thing happened in the 80's so it's just the current phase, I guess.

Died around the mid 2000s.The late gen nu-metal Indy emo era was the last chapter in the saga.

Lol. As if it was hard to find new music.
/Boomer

grow up

I dont get R&B unless you're taking about sex song (maybe like pour some sugar on me?) what'd you think of the grunge movement then? That was definitely meant to feel dirty

The thing is record companies realized they can make money off of any shity song. As long as they just throw it on the radio and tv. Most people are fucking idiots. Plus if they invest in a shity artist they can pay them complete shit. Take this shot for example it’s complete trash recorded on a lab top sounds like ass doesn’t matter it’s not about the music it’s about the image m.youtube.com/watch?v=DyDfgMOUjCI

>For us younger folk
You and your folk are niggerlovers who crave shit rap. It's the truth and that's what you will be remembered for.

Good music is out there you fucking sinners.

Attached: 123jesus.jpg (598x600, 80K)

Grunge (kind of) was a reaction to the polished stuff of the 80s, so yeah definitely more to my taste.

So much great music.

Attached: feels.jpg (236x238, 17K)

The Melvins? Hahahaha nice

Rock went the mainstream route after 2000. Some bands kept up making music, but at some point it's about the money. Emo rock was radio friendly and took over. Even a lot of "hard rock" bands are now radio fillers.

Like rap and pop, rock music is about profit.

Came here to say this, they have been putting out some great rock albums

And they don't just put out the same album over and over either, but still manage to stay true to their own thing.

Was it courtney?

Queens of the Stone Age, NIN, Tool, The breeders just to name few all put out really awesome rock albums recently. So I don’t think rock is dead.

Led Zeppelin sound. Time will tell if they have longevity.

It died because of gate keeping. So many people saying “that’s not real rock!” Or “rock and roll isn’t the same...” if assholes would have let all the Indy bands under the “rock” label then the genre would be alive and well. But because it’s not boomer enough it’s not allowed to be called rock. Which is hilarious because Greta van fleet is full boomer rock and everyone complains that they’re a rip off. Rock is damned if it does, damned if it doesn’t.

Shes got a great voice....guifar work is meh...id rather just put on some zep

depends what you consider rock but there's a lot out there just not on mainstream shit. Mainstream radio isn't for people who like music.

Greta Van Fleet is pretty good. Reminds me of Zeppelin.

user yr zoomer ass would get smacked for thinking thats the Buzzo

If the guitar work was Page level id probably like it

Its dead because people think these dildo fuckers are rock

Attached: Imagine thinking this is a good band.jpg (1500x992, 373K)

They def look like prentious fags

How can they not remind you of Zeppelin?

And thats exactly the problem, 0 originality

Cuz ya ain't got the talent.
Mediocrity rules...

Speaking of Buzzo, this is what peak rock looks like kids
youtu.be/Hp5r9qwqpPc

youtu.be/X5RP6wt9_W8

Check out some of these newer bands bringing back the power. Plenty more but here's a start

Vultures Vengeance
Riot City
Traveler
Stallion

Everything is derivative of something else.

True. Genre's evolve rather than spring up.

Some stuff is WAY more than others. You ever hear Airbourne? The exact same thing but with AC/DC

>generation is amazing
>younger generation can't compare
>younger generation tries to do its own totally opposite thing
>opposite of heavenly music is satanic poopy sounds
>their kids will accept this as "music"
>but their kids will try to do something complete opposite of that.
>thus a new generation of amazing rock came to pass
>sadly this will be what, 2040?

I don't know what you're talking about. Like there is a Metal magazine that buy on a regular basis (it's a german one called Legacy, but there are still many of those around). And every two months it has >120 pages of very, very small text about bands after bands of all genres. Just the album reviews are an endless sea of bands of all genres, sub genres and sub sub genres. IMO at the moment it's even too much to comprehend, so most of the time I rather stick with my favorite Black Metal bands from the 90's.

But especially the Metal genre after all those years still grows more and more complex.Again just the Black Metal sub genre has so many partially very different sounding bands and again sub sub genres in abundance.

Attached: BM0.png (1024x1024, 287K)

Rock is not dead.
youtu.be/Vr3r6Mdci6c

It ins't either. It was roofied.

Attached: download-4.jpg (209x241, 6K)

metal is a creative cul de sac. Anyone over 14 that's into metal is pretty much autistic.

Sure bands like Mars Volta and Tool took metal to new places by combing it with prog. But metal, pure metal is about as far from the creative adventurous and rebellious spirit as music can get.

Metal is about conformity and prizes technique over expression. It's soulless trite garbage.

Are you being ironic? You realize rock is nigger music too right?

As other people in this thread have stated, it's still around. It's just that rock isn't the mainstream "cool" music anymore. The industry has been dominated by hip hop for the past 20 years or so. Yeah there are a couple of mainstream bands here and there, but it's nothing compared to the amount of hip hop labels that make it big. Gatekeepers also don't help the rock genre. I say who cares what subgenre of subgenre it is, it's either rock or it's not. I have been indulging in Children of Bodom, Rammstein, Papa Roach, Sublime, Cradle of Filth, Muse, and the list goes on. Rock is my favorite type of music and I personally enjoy all different kinds of it from the softer stuff to the harder stuff and everything in between. Don't limit yourself to a specific sub genre or reject it because it's mainstream.

The Sword, Witchcraft, Melvins, TOOL, Thrice, Kyuss etc. All excellent rock bands. They're out there.

>all the guitar solos have already been invented

HAHAHHAHA.....

Rock isn't dead it's just underground. jazz used to rule the world, the fell off and now it's underground too.

There's still as many good rock and jazz bands as there's ever been. You just won't hear them on the radio. You gotta find 'em.

even hiphop is dead now. This mumbler thing can't really be considered hiphop. A defining trait of hip hop is a striped down funk beat between 90 and 105 bpm. There's no funk in mumble rap.

Underrated post

Let me guess you like like mainstream rap and bag anything that takes auctuly talent rap is so gay it don't even ryhme anymore any dumb nigger can steal a beat and say any words and fucktards like you will suck its dick get outta here with that metal as a adult makes you autistic id love to see you in a pit bitch kys for your family's sake

any tips where to look?

I dont think ive ever heard a wronger statement about music lol.play d minor harmonic faggot
youtu.be/5_tGdfT_Vsc

>mumble rap
user, don't give the nigs ideas they can steal.

Attached: tenor (3).gif (244x200, 704K)

Flying colors
Velvet revolver
Thundermother
Mother Gaia

Much rock and roll around though it's not a popular genre anymore.
The generation that loved rock and roll only listens to their nostalgia songs 70's 80's hits.

Attached: 1512725235505.jpg (320x283, 20K)

who are they lol?

Yes rhe never ending cycle in all things, big and small.

Attached: Cy2YMk4VQAAJjrr.jpg (600x719, 71K)

look at that john lennon wannabe looking fuck. just look at him. if i had the chance i would kick him so hard in his cunt that it ends up lodged in his throat so he can get pregnant from giving a blowjob. fucking shit stain on my britches, i tell you what.

I don't think you can have rock today, because rock is all about attitude and you can't have a attitude today.
All the old bands with 'tude are now too old, old boomers looking pitiful on a stage. And young people these days, people under 40, can't have attitude, they're all grey unisex normalized normies who can't express an opinion for fear of outraging a minority or sthg.
Plus there is no freedom anymore, the whole world has been charted, there's nowhere to go where you won't be spied by a camera 24/7, there's nothing fun to do and people prefer posting their food on inst than actually eating them.
That's it, nothing is interesting for these generation if it doesn't look cool on social media, reality is dead. Everything is fake

Do you know what rock is? Don't be autistic and say because it has its roots in jazz it's black. I've been to dozens of rock concerts and maybe seen 3-4 black guys.

>Vultures Vengeance
>Riot City
>Traveler
>Stallion

Who?

Attached: Мышь_2.jpg (2479x1309, 212K)

Shut yer piehole old man.

Attached: latifa.jpg (660x960, 93K)

white people stole it from black. Just like they did with country music, and a lot of other genres.
In 50 years,, people will be saying that rap is a white music too, that's just how it is

youtube.com/watch?v=75RiHJGfyUE

youtube.com/watch?v=-gWQQHHEz04

he literally told you to check out new bands, you absolute retard. go fuck yourself and listen to jon bon jovi or whatever faggot crap you put in your ears.

3/10 bait faggot.

Rock is CBGBs. Country, Bluegrass, and Blues. Only blues was black music

youtu.be/b1o68h4Usqs

Adam Lambert is a modern rock star. So they’re now openly known faggots.

Mainstream rock will never be good again because modern taste is ass.

Just look a bit further than mainstream and you'll find a vast wealth of great bands. Good rock is still out there, just not popular enough to warrant mainstream airtime.

>Wtf happened to rock and roll?

The music industry was selling us genuine music made by actual musicians.

Then we ALLOWED them to lower the bar, because WE'RE STUPID.

Now they sell us illiterate punks TALKING over a backbeat. This is MUCH CHEAPER for them to manufacture.

Very simple.

Producing a rock album requires writing instrument parts, playing those parts, memorizing those parts, recording those parts one-by-one, producing those parts, mastering it into a whole package, rehearsing those songs, and...y'know, actual effort.

Trap music requires a producer to make a beat (ALL aspects of making it: programming, mixing, and mastering), some xanax addict to mumble over it, and maybe some mixing & mastering. BAM! Hit new single.

It's easier to manufacture cheap garbage. The producer has become the production line assembler.

ON THE OTHER HAND. I will say that a lot of music stemming from rock (namely prog rock and metal) have resurged in popularity in their respective corners of the market. The 2010's have been all about guitarists like Scotty LePage, Yvette Young, Sarah Longfield, Per Nilsson, and Ola Englund. There's also Greta van Fleet, who despite basically just copying & pasting Led Zeppelin's sound, is a welcome change of pace from pretty much EVERYTHING mainstream these days.

(pic unrelated; I've just been listening to David Lee Roth's first 2 albums a lot lately, so a pic of Vai is appropriate I guess)

Attached: steve vai green meanie.jpg (736x698, 88K)

Maroon 5?

Bruce Springsteen did for rock n roll what Garth Brooks did for country music.....just fucked it all up.

Why, when you can shove a discontent nigger in front of a mic for a few bucks?
Yo yo nigga, uh, money nigga fuck slap bitch, uh uh, nigga!

Splintered into 1000 sub-genres.

>metal is a creative cul de sac.
DEAD fucking wrong.
>Anyone over 14 that's into metal is pretty much autistic.
Ad-hominem.
>pure metal is about as far from the creative adventurous and rebellious spirit as music can get
Define "pure metal." This might be applicable to boomers who think all metal after the year 1993 is just nu-metal and metalcore (which is false), but metal is just as creative and rebellious as you make it to be. Your statement is suggestive of your own lack of creativity and desire to rebel rather than that of metal.
>Metal is about conformity and prizes technique over expression
Both blatantly false. Metal has nothing to do with conformity. Technique is not the same as speed. Technique is a tool used for expression. Even then, playing fast is a form of musical expression.
>It's soulless trite garbage.
Opinion not based on fact.

youtu.be/AyRDDOpKaLM

>Wtf happened to rock and roll
It's all stored here pic related

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

Rock is dead in America. Look overseas at Scandinavian bands. It's very much alive there.

youtube.com/watch?v=oN3tf_lLMHc

Fuck it im just posting the NBK soundtrack for this thread
youtu.be/m8X6WA02e8Q

Youngsters these days i swear
youtu.be/VCZVRQ3z5qE

youtu.be/Fa9nN3G2CSg

you are obviously fucking retarded
what you just said is akin to saying
>every story has been told
that's just plain bullshit and you obviously either don't play an instrument/know music theory and/or have any bit of creativity

stop poopsmoking butthash kid, being high as shit nigger all the time isn't good for your health

Is that Connor McGregor & the saloon boofers?

youtu.be/1CpRCc4Jre8

youtu.be/t8Myb8i13qY

youtu.be/hLpPzGT9_3o

today i learned def leppard is r&b

Hit a nerve, eh fuckhead?