I was thinking about joining the Irish Defence forces. Anybody any experience or advice...

I was thinking about joining the Irish Defence forces. Anybody any experience or advice? Pay seems a lot better than what people say

Attached: Badge_of_the_Irish_Defence_Forces.svg.png (1200x1200, 417K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCjfwRSvcaGpInbj888JycaA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You mean the Óglaigh na hÉireann?

I saw a documentary on it. They drill you a lot harder than the brits or regular american army.

Watch some of their videos
youtube.com/channel/UCjfwRSvcaGpInbj888JycaA

I play a lot of sports so I'd be happy with the training side. Just thinking about it as a career

That would be a tough one to answer unless you were in the army. Ask on an army forum or talk to a recruiter.

Is that pronounced ohglee na erin?

you will be treated like shit, not a member but i thought about joining.
The forced an entire company to change outside in the middle of dublin city because they gave away the changing room, Cant remember what for but also on the news i saw they did a joint op with the Garda, They slept in tents and got an extra 50 euro for the work. The guards gards got a grand and a hotel

Are you going to car bomb us again?

not Op but i'm pretty sure the sand monkeys do that for you, only with Acid and motorbikes

Sounds rough but it is the army so you're expected to do the tough duties, I've heard most armies pay nothing for overtime

true enough, But defending your country doesnt mean strip teasing on the street

There's a difference between getting a pipe bomb blow up in your face when getting mail and some paki cunt running up to you and throwing acid in your gob. Even quality of terrorism has degraded ever since. Fuck me this world is so shit even terrorists don't put any effort in...

kek

It will probably be one of the biggest mistakes you'll ever make in your life. The wages are absolutely terrible, you're not allowed to protest, and you'll never be able to afford a home.

Their website states a top scale private gets about 37,000 a year. I'd say that would be more than enough for a house after you stick out the first few years especially living at home

60% of Defence Forces staff quit after 2 years. €37K a year max isn't good at all if that's the highest you'll make. There's talk about how officers can make over €60K but these positions hardly ever open. You'll want to be in the army a hell of a long time to even be considered. Also, with 37K a year, you'll want to be in a relationship with someone with at least €45K to be able to afford a house in Dublin. My partner and I make 80K between us a year and our bank told us that we'll only ever be able to afford a house worth 300K, which will get you fuck all in the capital.

Suppose that's because of the starting wage. It's still better than going to college and getting tens of thousands in debt then starting out with minimum wage anyway. €37K a year is very hard to get in the private sector even if you have multiple degrees.

True about Dublin though, I'm in Donegal so wages go a lot further

If you're happy in Donegal then a life in the army would be decent enough. You won't be getting into thousands in debt in University, unless you go to a private college. Degrees really mean fuck all in the real work, experience is everything. To live a moderate life in the capital, you and your wife / husband would need to be making at least 50K each a year.

Thanks I'll look more into it. I see a lot of talk about how terrible the pay is but it's fairly similar to that of accountants or architects in the area so I was just wondering if the numbers published don't add up

Just go for it then, it's probably more fulfilling than most office jobs anyway. The camaraderie would very decent I'd say.

bump

I was going to join, but two of my mates dropped out due to under pay and awful conditions and the fact that you will be used as a toy for the government and get paid twice as less as any other servant of the state. The training would be great but this Irish country is a complete and utter joke for anything. Read Siege

Attached: A-swastika.jpg (620x494, 34K)

Stick it out for a few years and you'll be making more than most private sector jobs. Public sector are way overpaid in ireland

Don't do it. Shit's going to get fucked within 10 to 15 years. The Irish military is going to be used in "peacekeeping" efforts around Europe, Eastern Europe and possibly the middle east. Best case scenario is you join and leave before shit hits the fan.

Attached: 1280px-Flag_of_Europe.svg.png (1280x853, 29K)