Lawfags, or anyone knowledgable on this subject. I need your help

Lawfags, or anyone knowledgable on this subject. I need your help.

>be me
>speeding on two lane highway in TX
>suddenly come up on a small town
>see cop hiding on the left shoulder facing the same direction I'm going
>too late to slow down
>get stopped and ticketed
but two things
>he was part of the City PD
>he was parked OUTSIDE of city limits
>he started to pursue me from outside city limits as well.

do you think I can get off on a technicality?
also he wrote me a ticket for running a stop sign. I didn't run it and there's proof because I let a truck come across the intersection before making a left hand turn. It's all on his dash cam.
Fun fact, he didn't mention anything about the stopping violation he wrote. he just checked it on the citation and that was it. He didn't make it aware to me or ask me any questions if I did or what.

Attached: l_police_1200x675-768x432.jpg (768x432, 62K)

the purpose is to get you to argue the ticket in court. The cop likely won't even show but you'll still be out time

I dont know about TX but in GA the location is irrelevant, as long as it was in the same state

He was also parked on vacant private property that clearly states
"NO TRESPASSING"
"NO PARKING"
he wasn't on the road or shoulder. there was this old white building that seemed abandoned but it has those giant signs on the front.

lawyer fag in Texas, here.
go to court and fight it.
the jurisdiction doesn't mean shit, but argue the stop sign bit.
also, if you are convicted, plead indigence.
the municipal court judge has the authority to waive the fine if you cannot pay it and doing community service would be too much of an inconvenience.
t. i worked in a criminal defense clinic doing municipal court traffic violation shit for a year.

Depends on state laws. In NC at least, there is a 1 mile buffer zone called extra-territorial jurisdiction where agencies can enforce laws in outside of there defined borders.

I think I'm going to get a traffic lawyer anyway. I would like to argue it in court but I don't feel like rehearsing all the bullshit or possibly embarrassing myself. I have an actual day job to do.

>also, if you are convicted, plead indigence.
He had me stand out behind my truck and asked "mind if i search your vehicle?" I said I do not consent to any searches, and he replied back "so.. you don't consent to any searches" before taking my ID and I guess running it in his terminal. that's when he filled out the ticket and gave it to me.

You must be really new at driving. Take it to court, plea 'No Contest', explain that you felt you 100% stopped and let the truck through. Any time you're on a highway that goes through a town, the speed limit will sharply drop and there is a near 100% chance that a sleepy small town cop will be radaring for city revenue.

>and asked "mind if i search your vehicle?"
You must look like a stoner.

>Any time you're on a highway that goes through a town,
I don't make it a habit to travel through bumfucked egypt, but here I am.

oh, and before i forget. I have a radar detector that measures laser and not once did it beep, even though it has always worked normally. the radar type on the ticket is marked laser. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt because I'm not 100% sure how reliable these are but I found that odd as well.

I looked like I just got off work. you know, wearing uniform and all.
He simply wanted to because he could.

There's ways to dispute tickets based on bad police equipment, but is it worth it to fight it that hard? No Contest, explain it to the judge, court costs, no points and you can move on.

Nah because they have the chance to be doubled in TX. I'm facing 600 or 700 at least (including the stop sign shit)

personally i will pay the speeding ticket if i really have to. I was speeding. just as i noticed I was entering civilization, i began to slow down. it wasn't enough and law is the law.
that stop sign thing though is horseshit and will definitely fight that.

Court costs are significantly lower than the fine on the ticket. It shows you care if you go to court and judges like that, especially if you look nice, act like you are sorry and have a good story.

law says you must come to a complete stop at stop signs, letting a truck go doesnt mean anything unless the dash cam shows your car completely still

This is good advice. I am not from X either, but in NC if you show up to challenge it, and the cop does not, that will generally get the judge to toss it, in and off itself.

Maybe try driving safe and lawful you nigger.

I got out of an OWI that way. The cop did some shit wrong and during a preliminary phone hearing my lawyer flipped out on him. I think the cop was afraid to show up

You can reschedule a few times to try and increase the chance the cop wont show uo

fill out a public records request for his dashcam if it shows you did stop

in Texas any peace officer can cite you at any time regardless of location. (peace officer=police, sheriff, constable, game warden, state trooper)

Radar detectors pretty much guarantee that you’re going to get a ticket and not a warning if you do get pulled over, FYI. Might as well put a sign on your car that says “I’m a chronic speeder.” Cops don’t like them and it gives them the immediate first impression that you’re someone who doesn’t have much respect for traffic laws. Also they’re not very effective in the first place.