Is waking up one day & just absconding the consumerist/'current year' lifestyle actually possible?

Is waking up one day & just absconding the consumerist/'current year' lifestyle actually possible?

I'm tired Yea Forums, genuinely fucking tired of it all.. I'm an alcoholic suicide statistic in the making, working to live while living to work. When I'm at home all I want to do is work & when I'm at work all I want to do is be at home. I have no family or friends but I do sincerely love life itself.

I've fried my brain doing various drugs throughout my teenage years so my dopamine, serotonin & pleasure response is shot to shit. I'm lonely as fuck but hate myself & everyone around me. I want a relationship so fucking bad but every relationship I've ever had has been a shambles from start to finish. Platonic acquaintances, friends, colleagues, girlfriends, family.. I can't handle any of it yet at the same time I fucking long for it..

Video games, reading, writing, partying, relaxing, working.. None of it matters to me anymore yet at the same time it's all that fucking matters..

I'm so fucking broken man.. & other than topping myself, I don't know what to do.

Attached: orig.gif (500x366, 946K)

Chin up, soldier on.

Yep. Im there. Im just learning 3d modeling and hating myself when a texture doesn't work. Fuck it. This is life..yay..

I'm trying man, been trying for 6 years now & its getting so fucking hard to carry on.

Life it is.

Attached: 178W.gif (480x360, 1.05M)

Acquire some whores and we can start a hippy commune user

I did it, but I married up. If you don't find a girl with money, the answer is no.

This guy gets it, I'm in.

Shit sucks. I've been going through the motions for twenty years. Get up, go to work, go home, get drunk. We weren't given an off switch, so all you can do is soldier on.

Legit, not even a bad idea.. My mum would feed me & my brother stories when we were kids about living in a commune & how she would have loved to raise us in that environment, although she romanticized it far too much.

That's far too one dimensional.
"Is waking up one day & just absconding the consumerist/'current year' lifestyle actually possible?"
>I did it, but I married up. If you don't find a girl with money, the answer is no.
So you're saying to get over the consumerist/'current year' lifestyle is to make money, find a woman who wants my wealth then marry her?

Attached: 123464.gif (500x314, 1.96M)

>Get up, go to work, go home, get drunk.
My life routine for the last 3 years. I can't imagine 40+ years of this.

Attached: aGe2VrX_460s.jpg (460x301, 24K)

With every reply I feel more fucking conflicted, I want to say what I say in the moment but then I fucking hate what I just wrote & don't know what to say..
I'm so fucking paranoid all the time, Jesus fucking Christ.

Attached: Steve-Buscemi-Sobbing-and-Drinking-Reaction-Gif.gif (245x200, 918K)

>Is waking up one day & just absconding the consumerist/'current year' lifestyle actually possible?

sort of, but it's incredibly hard and requires a ton of sacrifice and savings/existing wealth. nobody can be truly off the grid anyway, as the world has been completely divvied up and the resources are spoken for.

how old are you? if you're under 30 you can get a working holiday visa to lots of countries. ever though about doing something like WWOOFing? if you can't travel then do something in your community. people need a third place outside of home and work that doesn't require them to spend money to be there - libraries, gardens, community centers... who cares if it's normie shit, people are too hung up on the idea of being lame or whatever when being miserable is infinitely worse

I'm 24, night worker with £3000 savings, I work 50-70 hours a week. Typically get 2 days off after a minimum of 40 hours, currently doing 17 nights on.

No retard. I'm saying marry a woman with a sizeable trustfund who shares your ideals and then chill. You are fuckin retarded bro. Marry UP - means marry someone outside your class.

>I did it, but I married up. If you don't find a girl with money, the answer is no.
>Married up.
I interpreted that as you sacked off the individualist lifestyle for a wife?.. Marrying up, getting a wife & 2 & a half kids, nuclear family.. Yeah you right, I'm retarded mate.
>If you don't find a girl with money.
Through text, reading while I'm drunk you expect me to read that as finding a woman who has money herself? I read that as "Make money, find a wife & your problems will fade" My bad I guess?

>50-70 hours/wk night shifts, 17 nights on
Jesus man, no offense intended but no wonder you sound burnt out. That kind of living isn't healthy in the long run

I did 60 hours a week which gets old fast, but never night shift so i don't know what that's like or how to structure life around it so that you can live and develop relationships somewhat normally. But it sounds like that arrangement is as responsible for the way you're feeling as the brain chemistry that you explain in the OP. Changing your work situation is much more achievable than changing your brain chemistry, so that seems like the place to focus your efforts on

anyway man the world chews us up and spits us out to die, all we can do is change our own attitudes and the way we react to it. make a specific goal that you think will improve your happiness in the near term, and work towards it. stay strong.

Okay.. After re-reading a couple of times with context.. It makes sense now..
I blame the existential dread & alcohol, sue me.

Attached: 1474060856533.gif (600x366, 822K)

Pick up a hobby that requires intensity, lifting, boxing, mma, crossfit or some shit like that.

I mean, I'm a manager so I do the rotas. I put myself on for these amount of shifts in a row because without it I have no structure. I work, drink, sleep, shit/shower/shave & repeat. Its the routine I've lived for 3 years non-stop now. I work 10pm-10am, which in theory is amazing. work 10pm-10am, life stuff 10am-2pm, sleep 2pm-8pm, 8pm-9pm ready for work & repeat, but the fact is it's killing me & I don't know what to do about it.

Of-course I can get a day job, but currently there's no jobs I can find that are static for example 9-5 mon-fri. Its all shift work w/overtime. 7am-3pm, 3pm-10pm, switching between the two throughout the week, every week.

We're in the fucking rat race, that's for sure.

Good advice here for all anons.

I'm hoping not to last another twenty years, but I reckon I can tough it out for another five.

I'm an ape man. We were not meant to just work all the time. Life seems long sometimes but it's really short. You turn around and you're 40, blink now you're 50. Time is the enemy. We are convinced to be happy you need material things and money to be happy so we chase that out whole life and one day realize it's all BS. Most fear change or risking anything so their life never changes and die with regret. Think about it, then find your happiness or die trying. I found a way to not have to work anymore but it's still hard to not want expensive shit. But if you really think about do you really need this? Most always the answer is no but we are trained monkeys to buy shit. Listen to the song by The Kinks, Apeman.

You're not wrong.

Got any stories yourself user? Or are you more of a lurker?

Honestly, I feel like last week I was 16 & now I'm 24 going on 30 etc. It's driving me fucking mad, I feel like I haven't really matured since I hit 16, like I know I'm an adult, I work & pay my bills, buy my groceries etc but I still feel like I did mentally as I did when I was 16. I feel like I'm gonna' feel this way for the rest of my life & it fucking hurts man. I'm now listening to the apeman, never listened to the kinks properly before so I have high expectations.

Attached: 1479362933739.gif (320x240, 1.07M)

If you love life as you say then save up your money and travel. See the world. It is truly a spectacular planet we live on, and you only get one opportunity to see it. Not to mention that human beings are actively destroying it, so time is running out. If there is no meaning to life or any of this, then you might as well bask in the breathtaking beauty of it all. That's what I do. Plus travel gives you something to look forward to, and a purpose behind being a wage slave.

OP here, thank you to all the Anons that contributed. I'm pretty fucking drunk & I've got work in 7 hours so I'ma pass the fuck out. Keep the thread going amongst yourselves if you want, if it dies, so be it.

Listened to the song & all I've got to say is that I'm an ape man..

I think that's the route I'm headed to to be honest.

Attached: 1479363226748.gif (320x240, 1.09M)

>Listened to the song & all I've got to say is that I'm an ape man.
That's what I'm talkin bout. Makes sense right ?

Kinda feel the same my self but never considered suicide there are still thing in life I like i guess.
I'm going to get my ass beat here for saying this but get on some properly prescribed antidepressants.

Stomp a tranny to death

mmm can we fuck her i first

>ass beat here for saying this but get on some properly prescribed antidepressants.
Lol, nothing wrong with antidepressants as long as it's understood there is no magic pill. Sometimes it's trial and error until the right med is found. Step one of any plan is mental stability and never any shame in pursuing all the options.

>I don't know what to do
Don't do anything.

Go get laid. Pussy solves everything. Find one who really likes sex and eat enchiladas out of her arsehole.

ah sweet thought some people in here might be against antidepressants. took me 3 different types to get to fond the best for me

When u realize life is meaningless and nothing we do here will ever matter

Lmao. Typical normie bullshit advice

go see a shrink