INDUSTRY PLANT CONFIRMED

INDUSTRY PLANT CONFIRMED

>But Eilish’s rise took much longer, and her trajectory wasn’t actually the organic internet phenomenon many believe it to be; rather, it was more of a carefully planned, old-school corporate launch. Much has been made of the theory that Eilish has bypassed traditional industry gatekeepers on her way to the top. But it would be more accurate to say that in 2019, over a decade after SoundCloud and Spotify reshaped the music industry, there is now a new guard of gatekeepers — and Eilish was backed by them early on in her career.

>“Ocean Eyes” wasn’t some immediately career-making viral hit, but the song reportedly made enough of an impact for Finneas’s manager to reach out to him and talk about Eilish’s potential in November 2015. By early 2016, in a deal engineered by her brother, she had been signed to the London-based A&R and creative services company Platoon (bought by Apple in 2019), a company that helps package artists before they go on to major label deals. Eilish got her own publicist, who connected her to the Chanel fashion label, and her own stylist, Samantha Burkhart, both of whom helped shape her image.

buzzfeednews.com/article/pdominguez/is-billie-eilish-really-that-weird

Attached: bilbuzzfeed.png (586x641, 149K)

Wow the sky is blue.

Do you except me to read a 20 pages article about a teenager with big tits ?

>buzzfeed
>Twitter
fuck off

Attached: E61D21C5-4FD6-4A98-A95F-FF1B6A8D1021.gif (220x220, 208K)

>This degree of hype around any artist will inevitably be met with some criticism, and in the music industry corners of Reddit and YouTube, some commenters have expressed the suspicion that Eilish might be — in SoundCloud parlance — an industry plant. (She’s not, but more on that later.)

hmmm

Imagine a world where BF has more journalistic integrity than Rolling Stone.

Do people actually care about this shit? If you don’t like the music it’s not that hard to ignore.

Its always so cringe seeing people who know nothing about business spazz out about business

Probably a sign of bigger things, shitfuck.

she's probably like one of epstines girls
she fucked the right pedos and got record deals

Yeah the article claims she's "not a plant" only because "well, her manufactured rise to fame is how everyone does it these days". Whatabouttism.

This. It's just one more example of how much subversion is going on. Literally everything is fake in some way.

Is that why we're still here? Inoculating ourselves against it?

that's not what they said, they said to the talk of her poping out of nowhere is shit, due to the fact her and her brothers band won an ASCAP award back in 2014, and that spotify used her for "streambait" or whatever. it sounds like a bunch of soundcloud users be all upset that she seemed to progress faster than others. i can give a fuck less about the dumb bitch and her music.

Better to look at evidence and discuss it, than just taking the corporate media at face value. So, yeah, pretty much.

She was never part of her brother's band though.

>Whoa, this pop artist signs to a label and has publicists, fashion advisors and producers giving her guidance
LMAO what a fucking retard

Did you read the article? It says straight out that she's not an industry plant.

I couldn't get much beyond that because holy shit that was boring but come on, op.

It gives details as to why she's a plant, i.e. faking an organic rise to fame, then backtracks and says she isn't.

That wasn't quite what i meant.

only children care about pop stars

Attached: 1534401544331.gif (478x350, 84K)

She did come out of nowhere in a sense though. No one knew who she was until last summer when she barely had anything to her name, then she was immediately promoted as the hot new thing in pop music. All of this was going on months before she released her first album. You can't really deny that's suspicious.

What "industry plant" originally meant was an artist who was secretly being backed by a label while pretending to be independent and DIY. I'd say Billie fits this description, only because she lies constantly about how it's just her and her brother making music in their bedroom without any overseers, when 1. her brother is an industry professional, and 2. she was signed and promoted by a label and agencies right as she began doing music.

everybody wants everything to be a big damn conspiracy. how people find the energy to care is beyond me.