I think you're unhappy because you're just dumb. If you were smart you would just be better right?

I think you're unhappy because you're just dumb. If you were smart you would just be better right?

Attached: TUmzs9RTsp16mAxqombtBtO57s46_4W-tblFZgkzP2A.jpg (600x556, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SdvzdjBrltM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yep

It's the other way around, Pedro. The smarter you are, the more disappointing everything around you is.

We're all fuckin stupid man.

The only real smart people are the organized ones who actually do shit.

I watch Rick and Morty and drink soy

You must be very depressed cuz you are really stupid for sayimg that. Where is even the logic behind this?

>watching cartoons and eating female hormones
Ha, what a retard.

I can relate. I'm not a smart person, I did not do well in school and as soon as I got to an age that drugs and alcohol were available I chose to abuse that shit to avoid reality. Years roll by and things just get progressively worse. I'll probably be homeless or dead within the next couple of years. I was born into a family that didn't really care if I did well in school or had any sort of career plan, but at the end of the day we're all just products of our biology and our experiences, nobody chooses to be a loser. Freewill is pretty much an illusion to make us feel like we have control over our lives.

>I chose to abuse that shit to avoid reality.

>Freewill is pretty much an illusion

Why do you not like yourself user? What are you running from?

I've always hated myself, it's pretty common with people who habitually abuse mind altering substances. Probably just looking to feel good because I consistently feel like garbage. I force myself to think about how lucky I am to live where I do, even if I end up homeless my life will probably be better than a significant percent of people living in developing countries. When it comes to the idea of freewill I really believe that we're all just a product of our biology (which we have no control over) and the entirety of our life experiences (which in the present moment we have not control over) so by that logic in any given moment we have not control over the people we have or the decisions we make. I think this idea that we have total control over our destinies is like a romanticized idea of life probably perpetuated by religion and the idea that we have a soul

*the people we are ..not the people we have, sorry I'm drunk as fuck

Well, you're right and your wrong.

All our lives we're bombarded with signals. Stop, go, wait, look, listen.

When you stop caring about those signals then you start to go into uncharted territory. So you dont have the answers fed to you so you feed yourself. And when theres no metric for highs or lows you tend to gorge.

So yea, we give in to primal urges. The problem is we have to give ourselves permission to do so.

I am unhappy for my body is FUCKED, i was gonna fix it BUT IT GOT EVEN MORE FUCKED, and now it's a little better BUT I AM FUCKED
-Descartes

youtube.com/watch?v=SdvzdjBrltM

It's more that the way we react to those signals are out of our control. Every single decision I make is determined by my biology and the entirety of my life experience, which in that given moment I have zero control over. We're not above nature, we don't have some magic spirit inside of us that makes us above reality. If we all had this control over our own destiny there wouldn't be crackheads, or any form of human degeneracy.

You think that because you make better decisions than me that means that you have more self control. Where did that self control come from? Did you cultivate it yourself or is it a product of things beyond your control.

I never said that, I'm just saying that if you want to make better decisions it's not some rubik's cube guessing game. Simplify your problems with organization. compartmentalize that shit.

Emotions aside, I think we have some control over how we react to it.

I used to hate my ex for cheating on me, then I started to think about how I took the relationship for granted and shit changed. It stopped being about what happened to me and more about what happened in general.

It's like somebody turned turned the lights on and I could see the way out

That's awesome, and what I'm saying isn't this bleak picture of life where we're all doomed. What I'm saying is that the factors that lead you to that decision were beyond your control, so you were kind of just along for the ride. We have no control over the things the dictate our behavior. I'm not good at explaining this but I'll give it one more shot.

What makes a person? The simplest way to answer that is to say our biology (which we have no control over) and the entirety of our life experience (which in every single present moment you have not control over your past experiences). Can you see how we, in the present moment, have not control over the people we are, and therefore no real control over are behavior. It's not a bad thing, some people find the strength to better themselves or leave bad situations but what I'm saying is that decisions is determined by factors beyond that person's control. Does this make any sense to you?

okay I'm hammered. if you can make sense of that good on you. if you not, godspeed good talking to ya

Not really, but i appreciate your insight into people's opinions about life.

For myself i am not satisfied with life, not happy nor sad somewhere in the middle. I just feel neutral making the days go by questioning life's purpose sort of waiting for the train's final destination. Sometimes i will be sad, not always.

Intelligence can be subjective can't it? A good amount of intelligent people believe in the Holy Bible, but yet they excel in studies and attain good grades and make good conversation, know how to fix things and the like. If people are guided in the right direction, they can be intelligent in anything but many are told what to believe and lack the thought reasoning to challenge what they have been told because it makes complete sense.

This is the same for morality, an immoral person can be intelligent, as can a moral one but can adapt skills to use so they get what they want. Survival intelligence might be better suited but anyone can aquire these skills, but intelligence is not that important in today's society it's mainly how good looking you are and intelligence second.

So in summary, it's your genetics and some lifestyle. Because the unhealthier your body is and/or mind is the worse your outlook on life will be. That's why people can be more satisfied with life after altering their lifestyles. But myself? I don't believe i am arrogant enough to believe i have attained super knowledge that life is futile, and pointless and that there's no point being happy because it can be sucked away and never lasts just like the upcoming death. I believe i am just a defective unit, like a computer who's brain no longer works properly.

It's natures way of trying to reel me out for natures own genetic safety. You don't want a bunch of creatures in nature complaining that they are really sad.

It makes sense but once you start to learn what you can or cant control then it becomes a lot easier to work on yourself.

Its kind of why people who've spent years in prison go into panic mode if you suddenly drop them into a food court.

"What do you wanna eat?" Becomes this wierd philosophical question that they have to get used to answering because the question didnt really exist for them.

They just chugged along with the prison food and that worry was taken care of.

Now expand that to the rest of your life. Nobody knows what the fuck they're doing, they're just compartmentalizing their choices.

where the rest of Jordan Peterson's gang at boyz