What's the best way to connect these pins together without blowing up the battery?

What's the best way to connect these pins together without blowing up the battery?

Attached: IMG_20190817_155951805.jpg (575x1023, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3gStqlrUfsY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

zener diode

Blowing up the battery? What kind of battery is it?

Also, is the battery on the black cord or the red and black?

cut the cord/plug and pull the wires out, solder together

That's what I was gonna say too, but i wanna know what the fuck he is talking about blowing up a battery lol.

It's an ebike battery. The gold pins are from the controller and the red/black are from battery.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1200x1200, 135K)

Disconnect the battery

Splice the gold pins solder black first, then red. If you want it to unclip, find the male counterparts of those clips on the battery and solder them to the spliced wire, cant remember what they are called

If he had a soldering iron, he would know the answer to his own question.

OP stick it in your ass

idk

youtu.be/3gStqlrUfsY

Those things explode?

Is splicing and soldering really necessary when I can tape them to the pins? The question is where from the identical gold pins would the red black be taped to? Are the gold pins basically the same? Would I be able to test either pins on both colors without damaging or shorting the battery? Thanks for your help, who knew Yea Forums would provide better customer support than the company itself.

Attached: IMG_20190817_161503262.jpg (575x1023, 60K)

I did stick it in my ass. Now it smells kind of poopy though.

On the plug side with the gold pins, on one side there might be a little + logo, can you find/see it? (Will also be black)

There really isnt a logo or a symbol of anything, that's mainly why I'm nervous with just winging it and cross connecting the pins.

You have to figure out the polarity. Positive and negative can not be reversed. Do you have a volt meter?

Taping to the pins won't hold up on a moving vehicle that will be outside. In the time you took to ask these questions to try to find the easiest way, you could have done it the right way.

Go to an auto parts store, get a 2 wire weatherproof connector from the trailer wiring section and some weatherproof butt connectors and a crimping tool. That's probably the easiest way to do it that will hold up.

/thread

millennials are fucking helpless

Attached: anger.png (600x300, 169K)

Why not? Cuz it will drive in reverse?

Listen to this guy. He seems to know what hes talking about

go ahead and tape them dumbfag
it will work until it doesnt

Attached: 1347065725084.jpg (300x360, 24K)

samefag trying to blow up your battery

Ok I just contacted the pins with each other and a small electric explosion just happened, the battery shows power but I'm not getting any power through the bike, did the small explosion kill something??

You obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about

What are you hooking up? You should just cut that plug off and splice it with wire butt connectors then tape it well. Wires have to be in the correct place though. If you reverse the polarity its not going to work. Also make sure their is a fuse somewhere in that circuit or add one at your connections.

what happens if +/+ and -/- gets connected?

What happens if I reverse the polarity and plug t0 + and - to -? would it just be a small hickup explosion or would it actually kill the system/battery?

depends

might blow the electronic
might not do anything

quality parts have diods to protect from hooking up the battery backwards

OP's cheap chinesium ship will probably fry

Attached: dickbutt1.jpg (300x300, 11K)

Welp, this happened. I connected the gold pins to the black and white cable and got a small spark, everything is still alive but I'm not getting any power running through the motor and wheel, did I basically kill it?

Attached: IMG_20190817_171843393.jpg (575x1023, 53K)

Attached: laughing2.gif (228x180, 1.6M)

never listen to Yea Forums. be thankful you not created nervegas

Swap the connections and try again.
You had a 50-50 chance of getting right.
You lost the first round.

you probably just fried your controller. you probably connected the batt to a speed control line or some stupid shit. your controller power lines will obviously be marker and look red/black or have some power port.

No I connected the battery with the controller wire ordinary. I just mismatched the positive and negative pins which caused a minor spark and apparently my controller isn't distributing the electricity from the battery to the rest of the bike which might mean you're right about the thing being fried.