Any anons attend/live near here/know anything about this place?

Any anons attend/live near here/know anything about this place?

Attached: JL15__SCUEntrance_760x480.jpg (760x480, 307K)

I grew up a few miles from here, several friends did undergrad here, friend's dad is a professor there.

AMA

what town you live in?
Any stories from friends?
What does his dad teach?

I would slit my wrists before I moved back to the south bay area.
Too much traffic, people are very bitter.
Lots of useless scrubs and dont-give-a-shit attitude.
Infrastructure is over-taxed and crumbling.
Anything interesting there is to do is swamped by so many people trying to do the same thing it's no fun.

Good ol santa clara u... enjoy mingling with bay areas trust fund babies who couldnt get into a better school.

t. Bellarmine alumi who enlisted and went to state

which state U?

But to be honest, its a good school. If you can afford to go to any private school without incurring debt you should do it. State schools are really ass.

I dropped out of sf state trying to study business.
Enlisted in the usaf. Got kicked out.
Eventually got a software engineering degree at sjsu.

For example, i remember spending >50% of my time doing non engineering related work and its only getting worse, here's an email I just got

Hi,

My name is professor David Parent and I am your general education (GE) representative for the college of engineering at SJSU. It has come to my attention that there is a proposed state law AB1460, which if passed will be required all CSU to take an ethnic studies class to graduate from any CSU school.

While you can learn many useful things from an ethnic studies course, I do not think dropping an engineering requirement to meet another GE requirement is a good idea. (The proposed law states that programs can not increase the units to graduate to met this requirement.) In addition, students who meet their GE requirements via IGETSC, but did not take an ethnic studies course would have to take another GE class, or maybe a CLEP exam to meet the new proposed requirement.

Normally if you did not like a new policy I would recommend going through the campus leadership to address your issue. In this case, certain faculty at another campus bypassed this process and sponsored a bill. If you do not agree with this new law please contact your state representative at this link.

I hope you have an enjoyable semester,

Professor David Parent

2/3 of the people who graduated with me couldnt code. Maybe 5% - 10% work in the field today.

Current student at SJSU and and I agree the south bay is getting worse every year

are you from the area/do you live there rn?

And more expensive. Enjoy your $2000/mo studio and ramen if youre lucky.

yeah i live in downtown san jose rn

surprisingly I lucked out and only paying $1100 for crap one bedroom apartment

The entire Bay has basically been cucked by techies and H1B pajeets

yeah you're probably right it has gotten a lot worse than I remember growing up

Thats a mortgage in other parts of the state. But i guess this is where the jobs are unless you can work remote.

what years were you growing up there

Yeah, half the population is from out of state. It's rare to run into a local who grew up here. All my neighbors moved to texas/az

I was born in the 80's. Lived here most of my life

yeah that is, unfortunately, true in another state but in the bay area its the norm.

im from san jose basically all my life and ive seen how bad its gotten.

born in 92' what part of the bay are you from?

Why?

The tent cities make me sad.

San jose

yeah and its only growing evermore.

my bad I thought you lived outside of SJ for a sec.

What did you expect from the Glorious Democratic People's Republic of California?