If you believe in GOD explain to me why

If you believe in GOD explain to me why.

Attached: download (16).jpg (152x142, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_helmet
youtu.be/mcAq9bmCeR0?t=237
youtube.com/watch?v=ODetOE6cbbc
youtu.be/ebEyz18rX2M
onthelineministries.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/bible-contradictionsBig.gif
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Deductive reasoning- take all personal feelings, ideas, beliefs, upbring out of the equation.

Make a rip chart of the theories of the existince of God and the orgins of the universe side by side. Entertain all ideas and theories without bais. What makes more sense logically?

>you are a being of immense spiritual power
>this physical plane is a jail
>you were sent here to learn the lessons you need to control that power
>this is gonna take a long time
>it's impossible to kill yourself
>quantum suicide is a thing
>believe me I've tried

Attached: 1565790823974.jpg (960x720, 129K)

So if you believe in god because of this, do you believe in a specific god or just believe there is any god rather than not at all?

>Deductive reasoning- take all personal feelings, ideas, beliefs, upbring out of the equation.
>Make a rip chart of the theories of the existince of God and the orgins of the universe side by side. Entertain all ideas and theories without bais. What makes more sense logically?

Defentetly science, since it's all evidence based.

I do believe in a specific God, but for this particular question which one I believe in is irrelivant.

Take away all arguments of morality, rules, laws, etc. when you get to the root question “is there a God or not” the only real logical place to start is with origin.

Did the universe begin to exist or is it eternal? While there are some thoeries about an eternal universe and parralel universes, science and religion pretty much agree there was a beginning.

So the question is how did it begin? Once you determine that what follows should only be logical.

>theory

Quantum immortality is not real. I thought it was but it's not. I've almost died from stab wound and car accident and it's just your mind. When you die you cease to exist in believe like before you were born. All living things have a heart beat and organs and maybe we are energy but I've don't believe that we have a conscience when we die. I can be completely wrong but it's hard for me to grasp the concept we are all being watched over by a God. If aliens exist some where in the universe does God watch over them. I guess it's a matter of faith but that makes no sense to me.

Excellent point, however, what evidence? How do you get evidence from billikns of years ago? Or is it just a persons interpretation of data we see today? Exactly like the religious people do?

I can argue about your interpretation of the data, and thats a great debate to have, makes everyone better and smarter.

Im just advocating for a logical discourse and not one based on emotion or modern events

But with science we’ve disproved a lot of biblical shit. Wouldn’t you agree it’s more logical to just accept we don’t understand if there was a beginning or not? The only reason God is believed to have made a beginning is because someone told that person, and that person was told god exists by another, and so on and so forth whereas science is based on evidence. Also if there is some God-like creator do you actually think Christians just fucking guessed it on the nose, it’d at least make sense to be more agnostic.

So you're saying you can die because you almost died and didn't?

I've been splitseconds away from death multiple times. I was knocked unconscious underwater and woke up on the beach. I've been shot, stabbed, taken lethal doses of drugs and even held a revolver to my head and had it misfire 3 times in a row.

I'm pretty sure you can't actually die.

Sounds like a lot of argument from ignorance

That’s not divine intervention. That’s a hot streak.

sounds like no input

>he thinks "theory" means "guess"

yikers

What has science disproved?

I didnt say I was Christian, thats your own personal bias coming out.

The belief from the bible is that God showed himsef to people i the past and thats how it was started.

If there was a beginning, what makes more sense, that it just magically started on its own from nothing? Or that an all powerful being decided to start it? Looking at both side by side it seems equally silly, but break it down which makes more sense?

For me, I just cant see something all on its own just starting. Even in science there has to be a causation. So it makes more sense that a being decided to start it, even if I cant see, hear or experience this being.

You can't even grasp how old the universe is . It could be 999 trillions years old . We only think of the creation of our universe or Galaxy but it could endless. Time is a manmade thing we use to measure . We.can only see so far with telescopes and a trillion light-years away there could be a planet similar to ours . I feel people have created God in their minds to cope with death and morality because it's scary to think our existence ends when we die .

There's nothing Devine about it, your spirit is trapped here until you learn something.

I believe in something similar .maybe when a person you know dies they don't actually die but live out their life in another dimension.In ours they are gone.I had another incident where I mixed a whole bunch of pills and felt like I was dying until I puked it up . I could swear I died .could of been drugs but I don't forget it. But like user said divine intervention.

I agree in a sense but how can you prove or disprove this ??

That's your opinion bruhhhhh lol

You have to "experience God" to understand, me thinks. It's all I have.

What do you mean by God?

Yes that is basically how it works, your spirit is connected to each one of your bodies in the infinite multiverse and your consciousness flows to the ones that exist.

You only get to experience what your body, not spirit, can perceive of others which is why people appear to die. It's all part of the lesson.

Listen to some of his lectures

Attached: F6DB395C-3CE9-4D20-B8A6-2209C59FBF4E.jpg (220x309, 14K)

Are you experienced? Or have you ever been experienced?

The staircase at Loretto chapel in Santa Fe New Mexico. The architect that built the church died before building the staircase, the nuns couldn’t find anyone with the skill to do it and decided to pray for 90 days to find someone that could, on the 90th day an old man on a donkey came and told them he was sent to build the staircase but needed to be left alone until it was done, when they finally went inside the old man was gone and the staircase was finished, they hadn’t paid the man but they went to the only lumber yard around to at least pay for the wood he used....only to be told he never came for any wood. Since then people have examined this staircase and found that it doesn’t show any evidence of glue, nails or screws, when they tested a core sample of the wood it doesn’t match any known trees on earth. Pretty amazing really and a good argument for the existence of god.

Attached: 393526F1-912B-4E8F-B057-149FAD300E27.jpg (768x1024, 81K)

Lol show me the science

Isn't Yea Forums great you can just lie about anything and you don't have to prove it.

>What has science disproved?
Here's one example: The great flood. If there was a flood that happened across the world we would see a layer of eroded material in every rock layer at the same time, across the world. Yeah we don't see that.

Something stopped my car when I said I was God. The when I said I wasn't the car started. I did this on and off to see if it was really me saying I was God that stopped the car. It was. It ended with my car unfixed, still is. I'm God.

You can't make something out of nothing. Therefore there had to be some kind of a creator. It's just common sense really.

Science currently does not have an explanation why things exist, or how existence came about. This is a correct statement and that is what people should say.
Anything else on those matters currently is either a belief/assumption based on nothing concrete.

Belief in a powerful being that started existence of the universe and created matter is a serious leap to take, and very likely unnecessary and incorrect. Belief in a specific religious god has absolutely zero basis and can only be reached when people do not utilize correct logical thinking.

Once you realise we are comprised of matter and navigate by hormonal signals, which are also comprised of matter, you realise we are just very complex machines, like a super-calculator. Free will doesn't exist in the true sense. Tests can be performed to show a human beings' next decision before they are conscious they have made it. Fortunately, we cannot operate without our perceived agency over our beings. Because we are human animals, every one an individual human who has evolved to navigate human society, and decisions and responsibility work along with our ego.

The collective majority of humans, and animals, share a predictable and understandable morality that we can decide to enforce. Treat others as you believe they would want to be treated.

There you have it.

Who says there was ever nothing? Just because we can only observe this universe does not mean there are not others we do not have the technology to observe. Universes could be made and destroyed through natural processes we do not have the technology to observe or intellect to understand.

>Quantum immortality is not real.
It’s not something you can readily prove, since quantum immortality really only applies to you yourself. Unfortunately this also means that anyone that believes in it can only speak from a point of conjecture and personal experience.
However if you will, consider this. When someone dies in front of you or you hear about their death, they’ve died in your reality, yet in their own reality, perhaps they haven’t and instead it was someone else who died. You will live until it is truly your time to leave your own reality, scariest part is that you never really know when that will be

Attached: 52B47D5B-A95A-4675-96D5-DEA30CBC10E7.gif (341x358, 332K)

>Tests can be performed to show a human beings' next decision before they are conscious they have made it.

What tests?

I did get stabbed in my heart .

Attached: IMG_20190815_094105224.jpg (1944x2592, 635K)

That was just a bad fuel pump

Yes I can't disprove it in actuality. I really do believe in it I just try to think logically and with reason. Nothing really makes sense. There no point to life but that doesnt mean it's not worth living

Because i choose to.
Its as simple as that.

Cuz I can believe whatever I want to believe.

These are good answers.
Every one is free to choose between believing or not .
We should respect each others rights to their opinion.
We don't need to force our beliefs on others.
Live and let live.
Faggots..
Its simple really..

You can believe whatever you want but I will still judge you as being on a much lower spiritual level than myself. The answers are out there and they're not in a book designed to keep stupid people productive and plentiful.

I Am not a good person I need a fear of God to act morally.

Went down nihilism rabbit hole and almost became a school shooter. So not a very good alternative.

Attached: 29983-cain-slaying-abel-jacopo-palma-1590.800w.tn.jpg (800x531, 83K)

The devil exists. God exists. And for us, as people, our very destiny hinges upon which one we elect to follow.

Attached: 1565736324290.jpg (400x542, 43K)

Judge all you want.
That's the difference between you and me.
I can't and won't judge you.

It saddens me that you feel this way.

Why would you fear an omnipotent benevolent being?

He gave free will.
If you purposely lived doing wrong then you will not have his favor.

ursVCFjj

It saddens me that you are going to have to suffer through the deaths of your loved ones before you realize the day dream of an omnipotent benevolent diety is hurting your spirit.

So it's not benevolent? A loss of favor implies anger which is malevolent.

I hate Jews and Niggers, kek kill them all, THE RUSSIANNIST HERElbHpPqyg

Look up Sam Harris

Fear is mabey a bit of a misnomer.

I fear the person I would become if I gave into my malevolant nature, I fear the suffering it would impose on my family, and I fear the affecf it would have on society as a whole.

I fear myself, my own capacity for Evil, and therefore fear God.

Complex theology there hard to explain.
It does not imply anger, God loves even those who rebel against him, that is why salvation is possible.

he punishes those who deserve punishment, and forgive those who deserve forgiveness.

Attached: moses takes the 42 pill.jpg (768x512, 71K)

Have fun treating people as if they are robots see how far that gets you in life buddy

> he punishes those who deserve punishment, and forgive those who deserve forgiveness

So it made us so it can punish us if we do something that it made possible for us to do in the first place?

And what of those who never learn these rules?

I just find it hard to call a being that is all powerful benevolent when it would create beings who will without a doubt experience pain and suffering.

And if this being is not benevolent why call them God?

I want to believe but there's just too many inconsistencies and scientific facts that would shut down any proof of a god.
Also that kid that died for a full 20 mins but came back to life in the hospital reported nothing but just suddenly being gone until he was revived. no heavens gates or anything

>inb4 he wasn't fully dead god knew he would get revived so he didn't take him to heaven

>For me, I just cant see something all on its own just starting.
But you're saying a god just started all on his own?

Do you believe in big bang and the expansion of the universe? Wouldn't a quantum event out of nothingness take less of a leap of faith than an allmighty sentient being appearing the same way?

I said the opposite of that though. We are human animals and we largely can’t help but navigate socially in that way. Reducing us to what we really are has helped me see the truth of how to deal with people and to be more understanding and less upset with the world.

Also you didn’t have any response to the fact we can demonstrate humans do not have true “free will”, probably because you have your own selfish agenda which isn’t congruent to the topic of conversation.

See
All we know is based on what we can observe.

I'd want to believe, but I can't. How can you just choose to believe in something? Could you just switch your religion if you wanted, believing that now another god was real and the last one was made up?

Sam Harris has some interesting ideas. It is true that our actions are driven by biological functions reacting to stimuli. And with machine learning it is possible to predict those reactions reasonably well. Although he even admits it's not perfect and he does not have a machine that will predict the actions of a human in it.

I understand his stance and respectfully disagree.

That didn't really answer my question. We have plenty of proof about how this universe began, but how did you come to believe before that there was an intelligent deity that created an universe where everything points out to his nonexistence? That is the leap of logic I'm confused by.

God encharnated in Christ had those doubts himself when he said the words

"My God my God why have you forsaken me"

Even God could understand how life could seem to be unjustifiable due to the suffering implicit in it.

That is what allowed God to understand the limitations of man are the origin of sin, and brough salvation to mankind.

(Other question)

I personally believe that even non Christian cam be forgiven as long as they live their lives to endeavour to make the world a better place. Either way they do the will of God

Matthew 7:21
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Attached: the-sacrifice-of-isaac-orazio-riminaldi.jpg (681x900, 117K)

God is a metaphor. It is said that we are created in his image. We create just like him. Theres never been an animal who can think and create like us. We are also evil by nature and thats the devil inside.

Different guy sorry to confuse you

>We have plenty of proof about how this universe began

No we have theories based on math and observations of the known universe, of which we have no idea how much we can actually see.

Well said. This person gets it

So God created suffering so he could experience suffering when he encarnated himself to be killed by beings he created to suffer?

Speaking of near-death experiences, gates of heaven and seeing long-lost relatives, those have been explained by science. Not only that, but they can actually be induced to living people with God Helmet invented by M.A. Persinger: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_helmet

Attached: god-helmetdscn1454[1].jpg (3072x2304, 1.96M)

Heroin or LSD? Which did you take this day?

What do you disagree with exactly? Could you please elaborate?

How can we live a plan of God when there is no God at all?

Before you ask how an omnipotent being could not know something.

Understand that the only thing an Omnipresent, omnicient, and omnipotent being lacks is limitation.

And how could a being without limit understand suffering?

That is why God placed a piece of himself into a mortal limited body, so he could understand mankind, and sin.

That is why the Devil only truly becomes a separate character in the New testament, because satan is a metaphor for mankind capacity for evil, and if God and man are one he can truly understand satan and know his works.

Attached: 0bdfaf0db0e7f893d6ef21ab11240e3d.jpg (2358x2958, 1.12M)

Evolution and space are ridiculous concepts. Companies and Governments don’t think in a logical model that is prophet driven and try to suppress Christianity for seemingly no reason. The whole modern human breeding with neanderthals is way too close to nephilim. Too many cross cultural coincidences between different ancient cultures(ex: big flood). At the very least, if this isn’t enough for you, then try this: Try to not fall into your urges of “free will” for a week. It will show you what truly makes you a slave and you can at least be a virtuous pagan.

Okay, we can call them theories if that makes it easier. When we have theories and calculations, many of them experimentally confirmed, about the conditions of the big bang down to the temperatures and sub-particle composition of the universe nanosecond by nanosecond of its beginning, what makes you think a supernatural deity is likely to be behind it all? I'm not saying either theory is impossible, but you said yourself you were going by logic and evidence so what logic and evidence convinced you the existence of a god?

I do not believe he has sufficient evidence to claim free will is an illusion. Until he can create a working device that will perfectly predict human behavior in any situation I will continue to believe in self determination. Theory is nice, show me in practice.

Man brought the suffering of life unto himself when he at the fruit of knowlege.

Attached: Atum Nu.jpg (400x378, 81K)

So the limitless God is limited by his inability to be limited?

So your god has almost the same origin story as Galactus, got it.

Live as if he is

Attached: notre-dame-gargoyles-granger.jpg (900x750, 116K)

But that is only your iterpretation of Devil. You are taking God literally, but Devil only as a metaphor?

Thanks, Jordan Peterson. Didn't know that you like Yea Forums.

That is how convoluted theology can get buddy. You can disregard it if you wish, but it lies at the foundations of the west

Attached: Elysium.jpg (509x378, 116K)

I am not a creationist, I believe the physical plane is one of many planes. The creation of universes, these "big bangs" are driven by a natural processes in a plane of existence we can not observe.

Oh you caught me

Attached: 1538950730563.jpg (2917x2083, 822K)

Attached: IMG_20190527_143626_960.jpg (1224x1530, 544K)

It's the only explanation to my life being so shit. There has to be a god who hates me for so many things to just "go wrong".

Goodby everyone

God bless you all

Attached: 1551133344581.jpg (480x480, 57K)

So God created everything including a snake that will trick the other beings he created into disobeying him by eating an apple he placed there for them to eat? And that's why people suffer, not because he created the ability to suffer in the first place?

Organic carbon based life started all on it's own. Science proves this.

So you believe we have total agency over our actions? Because you seem to know the information as to why that isn’t exactly the case.

There have been experiments where test subjects brains have been stimulated by electricity to make them act, and each time they believed they had acted on their own behalf. It has been proven again and again in different experiments that human actions and decisions actually come first and their brains infer the reasons for them only a split second later.

How do you account for dead people?

>science and religion pretty much agree there was a beginning.
False, time has no beginning. The Big Bang has been shown to conflict with the laws of thermodynamics and that the expansion of the universe is more messy than linear spreading.

It logically make sense. Life and the ordered universe as we know it can not come form nothing, nor can it come from something without calculated intervention.

Take for example a box of Legos.

Let's say it has 1000 pieces

If the box of Legos is left to itself for minutes or "millions of years" will it ever assemble itself?
(this is retarded essence of evolution)

Now let's actually add an external force. You, picking up the box, and shaking it.

Will the Lego be assembled correctly?

...will even 2 fucking piece be put together?

...No
(but the "lighting in primordial soup" shit is exactly this type of chaotic force)

Now what if you open the box, and assemble it yourself?

Guiding each piece to the next exactly as it should go according to the design to build it (instructions)
(This is divine intervention)

At it also most basic element, the human body is made up of 20 amino acids. These acids are arranged in different ways to make proteins. The number of possible combinations for these is beyond trillions, but the combinations must be exact or the protein will not work. Your DNA contains the instructions to build a specific model (you) and each DNA is unique.

If 1000 Lego cannot assemble themselves or do so "by chance" while shaking them, why the fuck does anyone think that the 40 trillions cells in the human body (avg), each of which is a calculated build of proteins, from a guided combination of amino acids could be?

Attached: HerculeHereToSaveIt.jpg (587x440, 126K)

I think therefore I am.

Until he can tell me what I'm going to think next with 100% accuracy I will continue to think that I am.

You should just ask a priest or something I dont have the time to give you a crash course.

To be honest i dont think the way i became a believer would have convinced anyone other than myself.

I had an initial interest in theology due to my perspective on history

Attached: 1553249565912.jpg (549x444, 74K)

You know, I still have no idea whether or not he believes in God. Isn’t his shtick pretending that God exists because of archetypes and snakes and stuff?

That's good to know, but could you finally tell me what it was that convinced you to believe in a god?

God isn't real.

Certainly not any of the gods people on Earth are worshipping.

Who would even want to believe in any of those gods anyway. They're all murderous assholes.

That just means the brain created a reason for an outside action. Creating memories of reasoning for something it did not itself trigger. That does not mean all action happens before thought. Just that the Brain was able to explain a short Circuit in a way the conscious mind would understand.

Google quantum suicide. It just applies to you man.

Because Legos aren't an equivalent to cells you dumbass

Priests are wolves who prey on the innocence of the ignorant.

I don't, this is me

I sure don’t.

I can’t die? That’s reassuring

You're saying that shaking a box of 1000 pieces of lego won't assemble them correctly, so what makes you think an omnipotent, omniscient entity would? By your comparison that would be an infinite amount of legos coming perfectly together rather than just thousand.

For the "blind watchmaker" argument, here's a good video on the topic. I doubt you have the patience to watch it sounds like you've already made your mind, but here it is timestamped to cut straight to the case: youtu.be/mcAq9bmCeR0?t=237

Time link didn't work, just skip to 3:57 to skip the beginning.

LMAO fuck off Buddhist. Nirvana yourself.

how is your definition of death different than an actual fucking dying?

I believe in a higher power.
I believe that we will all be judged on how we lived our lives.
I am a member of a church.
We help out families in the area and around the world.
If we didn't I would not be a member of that church.
Churches are there to help people. No matter what religion or financial status.
Where some churches fail is when their politic is greater than their need to service the people.
>This is why I avoid the Catholic church.

Well the means of how that would be achieved is known just currently impossible with current technology.
If every single atom in your body could be measured and traced and have their routes predicted, along with all atoms in your surroundings which will influence your atoms, and if we understood exactly how brains work, and your unique individual brain, we anticipate any and all of your immediate actions.
Just because we cannot perform predictions to that degree doesn’t change the mechanism of our atoms interacting.
Still, worry not, we can know how rainbows are made but we still cannot help but see them as humans do.

Yea man I promise!

>I've literally spoken to my ancestors
>seen demons

I don't get to "believe", I know.
Don't expect anyone to believe me
Don't care if anyone does

This... is actually something I've been fearing myself. I'd still like to hear what drove you to this conclusion.

God is just a theory
God is just an expression
God is just a bad joke these days

Attached: photo-4394.jpg (124x135, 8K)

There was the flood when the Strait of Gibraltar bust open and the Mediterranean refilled. Probably the reason why so many religions have the flood thing.

Believe what you want but a computer that can predict the chaos of the universe sounds impossible to me.

Normally, no explanation is satisfying so far, but if you make a simplistic "choose one" analogy like that, then God loses purely due to Occam's Razor.
We don't know. All we do know, is that the universe works the way it does, and everything we have ever observed (or can observe) seems to be natural. Adding the supernatural makes even less sense, logically.

>Either the universe just "is", somehow, some way, and we just don't know how things happened fully.
or
>The universe "is" because of a supernatural being, some how, some way, and we know even less because we just made shit more complicated.

Add that to the fact that we know intelligence comes from brains, and brains evolved on Earth due to processes we almost fully understand at this point, claiming that a supernatural intelligence made the universe before the mechanism that produced intelligence even existed is kind of retarded.

If you ingest mushrooms or even better, DMT, you will understand why.

All human civilizations believed in god not necessarily as a way to explain human phenomena as the ancient greeks did.

All human civilzations, as ancient as the ground is.

Sit back and think, that maybe you are not that smart, maybe trust all these generations saying the same thing, and you will see yourself have a feeling about it too.

If the pragmatic world is all that exist, and human mind came out of the pragmatic world (that again, it all that exists) how can such a mind come up with an abstract thought of such thing as a god or deity or force outside the means of pragmatic world and nature.

I would suggest you to explore further, abandon the idea of one and only god as christianity, but search further, something is definitely there.

My entire lifes worth of experiences. Random interactions that held significance. Dreams. It's the only thing that makes sense to me. Other than we are just monkeys that think too much.

And knowing this gives me insight into the actions of others.

So many people learning such simple lessons.

I don’t. It’s never really been a problem. But I learned a long time ago to never discuss politics or religion with anyone I wanted to stay friends with.

>appeal to tradition
>appeal to subjective mysticism
holy shit you coudlnt be more incorrect if you tried.
God/religion is a primitive philosophy. It was our early attempts to conceptualize/integrate reality. Use your mind and figure out why your approach has been absolutely retarded.

Organized religion is nothing more than a means to keep the population: large, compliant, and disposable.

I don't because I can't find any non-circular arguments for the existence of any deity.
>pompous atheist
No, man. Please just point me to a writer. I read about this for a few hours every week at least, so I know about pretty much all of the modern arguments for and against the existence of deities.

because I've had surgery before

Why not, I have less chances to go to hell (which doesn't exist)

To jog things forward, here's some of my thoughts on the matter: I have first-hand experience of the quantum immortality too. It would be too ludicrously unlikely for me to have survived so long otherwise, despite several attempts. I just thought it was a terrifying implication of quantum theory with nothing supernatural associated with it.

As for this being a lesson, I've realized that if I was a god, the world would be a hellscape. Even though I only want to be benevolent, the head-for-an-eye justice fantasies I have would mean no one would be safe from old-testament style smitings. In fact, I consider many of my own failures worth death, but since I can't die, I just keep on living like this is my hellish punishment.

That's how I feel, but for that last part I have no evidence whatsoever. That's why I'm extra curious as to what made you come to the seemingly same conclusion with logic and evidence.

So if there is no god, thus no soul, thus nothing metaphysical so to say. How can you explain that you and me and pretty much anyone in the planet has discussions about it or doubts about it.

If we are born just from a pragmatic world, since you say it is the only that exists, how can you explain that humans have thoughts and feelings about a higher deity,entity,force or however you wanna see it / name it.

Literally all ancient civilizations had a god, and they did not even spoke with each other, so the concept of one civilization transferring the idea to another is non-existent, and even if they did communicate (which they did not), why in the earth a pragmatic mind inside a pragmatic world which is the only thing that exists and nothing metaphysical exists comes up with a thought as abstract as something like a god.

There’s a chance it could be impossible. Unless we one day develop computers and atomic scanning equipment to a ridiculously sophisticated degree, to measure hundreds of trillions of atoms.
But even if we never do we still know this truth by principle. If we can predict the direction of a ball bouncing, just scale that idea to an atomic level and it would work.
We are comprised of, on their own, inorganic materials and elements and compounds.
The arrangement constitutes an autonomous human machine.
This used to cause me existential fear until I realised we still experience the world through a human animal lens, and that is perfectly fine and wonderful, and has helped me to be more human. I only say this to you in case you are concerned for the same fear. By understanding actions still have consequences and other humans can love and suffer, this will allow inspiration for empathy and kindness. Assuming you’re relatively neurotypical.

I agree with you, I advice anyone to do their introspection, I used to be an Atheist until I started doing my research and introspection. God is a very abstract thing, and can not be identified by anyone, let alone a whole group.

Personally I believe we are all gods, and everything is me, and me is everything, I am a tiny microplasm of god experiencing a part of god through the eyes and feelings of a tiny microplasm, why it is like that I don't know, but the more I dwell inside me, the more I read stuff , the more I understand that I know nothing about pretty much anything, and i am ok with that.

>how can such a mind come up with an abstract thought of such thing as a god or deity or force outside the means of pragmatic world and nature

Are you high on DMT right now? What is this even supposed to mean?
What reason do you have that such a mind couldn't come up with an abstract thought? Are you just claiming it can't because you don't understand it?

Personally, I don't think that consciousness and abstract thoughts are as confusing and mysterious as people make it seem. I don't even believe they are actual "things" at all. They are just reactions that happen in the brain. Abstract thought is just "what it's like" to have these chemical reactions going on in the brain. The same way there is something that is "what it's like" to be a rock that breaks, or "what it's like" to be a plant receiving sunlight. It's just a complicated, advanced version of it. "Experience" isn't something that exists in any tangible sense. It's all just matter in motion, and our "experience" is just "what it's like" to be matter in motion in this particular way.

This is just my personal philosophy. All the near death experiences I guess. I've also loved nature my entire life and spent lots of time alone in the woods listening to it speak. As for the lessons, they are unique but I think it all builds towards non interaction, just observation. The reason you can interact with your surroundings is the same reason you shouldn't.

Just look how human consciousness has destroyed the earth.

Yes it would seem we are both not serial killers

Like said, it's about control. A tribe that believed that if they were willing to risk their lives to kill another tribe and take their wives was willing to fight, while a tribe that cared only for their own lives fled. Religion served evolution by making the more religious people better at fighting and conquering, which led to the religious people outbreeding the nonreligious. What better way to inspire men to lay their lives for the common good than a promise of afterlife?

You're here to learn lessons and there are a bunch of us.

Abstract thoughts means connecting things that EXIST together to make one bigger more complex thought.

So instead of saying my opinion is A or B or C. I combine all of them and make a more complex/abstract opinion called ABC.

Now take note the word exist that I have on capitals. I understand the human brain capacity from a more pragmatic / physical way of looking to make complex and abstract forms, but how and why a human mind is able to make thoughts that are pure imagination as you say and completely out of this world (or is it?)

shut up deus vult, faggot.

I watched it, and yes, the Lego or watch are not a straight comparison to living beings, but prior to life (even single celled life) it would be appropriate as we would be talking about inanimate objects either way. Ultimately the comparison is simplified just for the sake of making the point.

It would be fair to say that I was really arguing against Biochemical Origins ("beginnings of life") rather than evolution, but the two are almost hand-in-hand. For simplicity sake I'll use the Legos again for that...

Evolution would dictate that things would evolve, adapt, and change over time where adaptation is needed and things unnecessary fade away ultimately leading to variety in species or monkey to humans.

The problem here is irreducible complexity, the concept of mutation.

Think of the Legos now as the proteins or amino acids. You can use them to build of fuckton of different things, but you are inherently limited to the parts you have to work with. If the Lego set has no wheels, you can't build a car. Dogs can grow long coats in the winter, caterpillars can morph into butterflies, but these things happen because the pieces were there.

There is still the matter of functional components. If it take 10 parts to make a function piece of your then you either have all ten or none. If you only have 9 parts then they would be non-functional and discarded according to evolution. If you have none and "evolve" to get pieces one by one (presuming you had the pieces to make them to begin with) then they would be non-functional still until all ten are present (and "evolving" non-functional pieces shouldn't happen by evolution principles). Beyond that, if survival dictate the adaptation or "evolution" and it takes "millions of years" species (and every living thing as we know it) would die off long before the generations of "evolution" provide the essentials to live.

(cont..)

If the lack of interaction was the point, then death and nonexistence would be the perfect solution. Why exist at all if all you accomplish is filling your own mind with experiences never to be shared?

I also think humanity is the peak of nature, and maybe the only reason life on this planet could have any purpose. Despite all the damage humans have done to the world, after millions of years the world is going to die anyway and we're the only beings on the planet capable of spreading life safely away from it before the sun explodes. What makes me pessimistic about this is that just as it was a miracle that humans evolved to use brains and tools instead of being bitten to death by predators using claws and teeth, it would now require a similar leap for any nation or company to spread into space before it gets killed by others using money and warfare.

I dont believe, i prefer knowing, Im not a pussy too afraid to admit i dont know how the universe began or if there is a god. All i do know is that i know nothing

This is an interesting way of thinking thanks for sharing your opinion, I don't have anything to particularly to say other than that my thoughts about god go one step behind what you're currently saying.

You're saying god was created by people for blah blah blah reasons, but how is that even possible, if we are just pragmatic pieces of meat without anything spiritual / metaphysical going on, our minds would not even go there, it would simply not exist.

Now this extends to another topic, is anything we imagine and think real or can be real? My answer is yes, and you can even see that with technology, we imagined flying cars, we got them, we imagined all the things we have today and we got them. Literally everything we think and imagine will be made and is real. And most importantly, reality is very personal, common reality does not exist, read about a dead-end theory called solipsism, you can say it's a far fetched philosophy, but you can't deny it (neither prove it of course). Sorry for going a little bit off-topic here but I hope you can see the broader spectrum of how I think and where "god" comes into play in all of this

(cont...)

On a related note, regarding mutation as mentioned before. Mutation is something that can be clearly studied and HAS been clearly studied. Study dictates that mutation is at best, moot (like a 3rd nipple); at worst, lethal (i.e. cancer), and at no point beneficial.

Carbon based life is a disease

I'm happy to hear it, friend.

Fundamentally, people prefer to have an answer than not to, even if it is a bad answer.
Humans are capable of feeling awe and wonder and confusion and also, due to the ancient, reptilian areas of our brain, it is typical for humans to engage in ritual.
We are also constructed to constantly check for patterns. This is why we see objects in clouds and, even further, ghosts in old photos. This likely explains a primitive assumption of "who is the father of us all and everything". Or why from ignorance humans might assume "a child died and the volcano appeared to calm down. The volcano must love children dying, so let us sacrifice children".

Believing that worshiping a god, the sky, animals etc. probably satisfied a lot of primitive human needs, and doesn't appear to be that abstract.

Add to this 2 more things:
1) the ability to the manipulate and have power over your fellow humans, you can understand why certain humans would propagate religion/belief in god, consciously or otherwise.
2)it doesn't stretch the imagination to think of how terrifying the world would have been for early, ignorant humanity. Applying some sort of order to brutal, chaotic life might have helped people unify and cope.

However now with scientific understandings of phenomena we can properly understand the world around us, to an ever growing degree.

So we can go destroy other planets? Supporting a population from a planet will always deplete its resources, and we will continue to grow until we've done to the entire universe what we have done to earth.

Because smart people have always been able to get stupid people to do dangerous things by telling stories.

>Be me little kid with abusive stepdad
>Haven't done math homework in a while so teacher called my parents
forgetmathbook.jpg
>Drunk stepdad says he is going to beat me so I don't forget it again does so
hurtslikehell.gif
>next day forget mathbook again realize it on the bus fml
>Look in my backpack on the bus not there
>Look again on my way to the house not there
>I'm going to die see stepdad he is already drunk tells me to get to my homework
>I scurry by and hid in my room pray to god and dump my backpack out to look one last time
>mathbook is there but it isn't my mathbook I have no clue whos it is or where it came from figure its was god who put it there
>do homework avoid another beating
>Pray to God that stepdad dies
>Days later he gets shot something to do with drugs
Mylifeisbetter.jpg

Attached: 1561156118500.png (540x766, 480K)

Yea pics or it didn't happen

Only thing I could think on how to prove it is the newspaper article on his death but I'm not DOXin myself

Whats the point in asking/seeing why people believe in something if your going to just ask them to prove there opinion its like a child asking why and you explain it to them only for them to ask why again.

Attached: 1560288502922.jpg (700x691, 76K)

Look at the other planets, they're all empty. This is the only place we know of where the right set of amino acids came together to form life, and if we don't go to other planets this unique complexity will die out while the rest of the known universe just remain empty, useless and worthless. We can't imagine all the things future in the stars could hold, but I'm pretty sure it will definitely have more meaning than all the nonsapient life living and dying on this planet could ever achieve.

Blind faith is an amazing force for those who control it.

There's no way I'd've lived this long if He didn't have my back

Why do you think a pragmatic piece of meat couldn't come up with imaginary concepts? I don't see anything stopping, say, a dog from dreaming of a bone that just goes on forever and ever.

If god made the universe... who made God user. Who?

Because we have looked at sooo many other planets right? And unless we develop some sort of FTL were gonna be stuck in this solar system.

We could be the food of an intergalactic species based on another plane of existence.

And our solar system is getting too old and a bit ripe.

cuz da baibel told me 2

Discord join at O M G JOIN this child porn facist server discord.com\invite\KK6aPBq

SpambotID:IPSwYfTl

Pro tip you did die this is an alternate universe where everything is immensely shittier and if you die again it will get worse and worse. This is hell and there are levels to it the more you die the deeper you go. Die a good death helping others or with no sin in your heart you go back a level util you reach heaven.

Why are you asking?

The video already explained the irreducible complexity. All the clocks had tons of superfluous parts (which weren't shown as they were irrelevant for the operation of the clock), yet removing any single one of the important parts would break them. As someone put it, irreducible complexity is like saying that since a house can't stand without the lowest layer of bricks, it must mean that it came to existence all at once.

All lifeforms have tiny useless mutations that hold next to no effect on the functioning of the organism. But sometimes those small, inconsequential things just offer small advantages and start to specialize further. For example, pic related is about our humanlike eyes formed, which is entirely different from octopus eyes which evolved from a different part of their body.

Attached: eye_evolution[1].jpg (568x375, 51K)

GOD powers Macrowaves!

Tell me this, son. You ever take a real close look at the inside of your macrowave? Do you see a light bulb in there? Didnt think so.

Thats because fake science tries to tell you that Macrowaves are powered by "Science" When its actually JESUS POWERED!

All Macrowaves are the same, the reason you see a light in the Macrowave when its on is because thats BABY JESUS heating up your soup! Not "Science"

What does your soup not heat up very fast? Well let me ask you this. Whens the last time you donated to the Church? HMM?

See your not donating to BABY JESUS so he takes his time heating your soup. Maybe if you gave him a dollar or two or five now and then you could be eating soup faster.

If you dont have a light in your Macrowave it means your soup is being heated up by the DEVIL and you need to Bless it then throw it out.

Now how can you say GOD doesnt exist when BABY JESUS heats up your soup?

Attached: 1516823421679.jpg (750x750, 149K)

You don't think I have reevaluated my faith because I have and honestly I come up believing every time. Its not blind or practiced its thought out every single time this world makes to much sense things fall into place together in such a way it seems unrealistic to say its random and just happened

We are mapping new exoplanets all the time, and FTL is exactly the kind of thing nature is never going to invent without humans.

Double doubles speak the good word.

Logically speaking this would work like this. A man has a wife in this universe the mans wife dies. The man continues on living without his wife. The wife concisely chose not to exist in this universe any more, woke up in a universe where she was never married or her husband died and she lived. If their love is strong enough they will one day wake up back together again. Proof of this is the verse in the Bible that says all things are possible with good. This is a thing that is possible because as we know all things are possible with God.

It makes me feel better to I guess and I've experienced things that can't be easily explained without the existence of an outside force beyond what we can see

If you believe in the bible, what do you think about all the other religions? Why would the one true religion be indistinguishable from all the fake ones?

If this is what you believe, what do you do with it? How do you live with this idea, and how do you expect to learn your lesson if you don't even know what it is?

there is some flat earther tier debating going on in this thread oh boi

its cuz god wants 2 test u 4 ur faith tbh

This was meant for It seems that whenever I try to do something significant, the world itself conspires to take me down. They always say that you learn from your failures, and what I'm starting to learn is that I am not meant for greatness, and if I try to get up the world will knock me down again and again until I stay down. Is the lesson really that I should just give up and live the rest of my days as an insignificant loser, wasting away and never using my talents for anything that could matter?

If I were Satan, this is exactly how I'd design hell.

I just enjoy my life and hang out with my parents, my sister died young so I'm all they have left. Once they check out who knows.

Yeah but you are not me and my observation is all that matters so checkmate

Setting aside that an omniscient being wouldn't need to test anything, why would he make the test so ludicrously unfair? Why are majority of people born in areas where they're never even exposed to Christianity in the first place? And what would he do with the test data anyway? Send people to hell for picking the wrong equally unproven religion?

You always matter to those around you, from the cashier at the supermarket to the bum on the street you are here to teach others while you learn.

hey thse r sum dangrouz questions! just shaddap an belleve! r else we gon taek u out bak n send u 2 hell

relevant youtube.com/watch?v=ODetOE6cbbc

the bible is very clear on other religions and what happened to all the other so called gods I believe there was an apocalyptic event that happened. The head of the gods were once on display to show the people of the power of the one true God.

why the fuck would anyone believe something like this

This doesn't comfort me much. I know I matter to some people, but it's far from enough. I feel like I should do much more, but with everything significant failing I'm left spending inordinate amounts of time and effort on pathetic little scraps that could be done better by pretty much anyone. And many things rest entirely on my shoulders which means that because I can't do them, the whole world suffers of my insufficiency. This life isn't worth living, and if there was any way out of it I would aim all my energy towards it instead of burning myself out just trying to support the few things I still care about.

Sounds like you're stuck in a rut devote your free time to something that makes you happy

you were put on a rock and chucked into space somehow and you want to say that existence is a coincidence, i think not liberal

That's the problem - there isn't much that makes me happy. And even those things are rapidly dying out as I cannot save them. Videogames feel like work with no pay, internet is mostly just mind-dulling waste of time, and seeing friends has become nothing but work to upkeep the social relations. There's no joy in the things I can do, and anything that would make me happy is always out of my reach. And attempting to reach for it always ends up in more pain and suffering than if I'd just given up right from the start.

Attached: When god closes a door he opens a window.png (684x791, 321K)

You're, depressed. Theres lots of things that work for it. Of all the things I've tried. And the psychristrists pills. The best thing is peyote that clears that shit right up for a long add time.

I know I'm depressed, but nothing seems to work. I've tried therapy, several medications, even electroshock therapy. Mushrooms were good for a while, but getting any more of them is yet another thing impossible for me because of several reasons.

In fact, what worries me is that all evidence points to secret of happiness being madness. Depressed people have been proven to have a better grasp of reality and their own abilities than happy people, who in turn have much more unrealistic biases about positive outcomes. And intelligent people tend to be less happy and more depressed in general, which seems to mean that finding joy requires delusional insanity. I have talked about these things with so many doctors that I've literally thought of writing a book "100 reasons to live and why they're bullshit" as I've heard all their cliched a thousand times before. In fact, in group sessions it quickly turns out that so has everyone else, which means they really just blurt out the same disproven lies over and over again. Their advice varies from "just don't think about anything" to "just pretend everything is fine", and the one thing it all has common is that it would require you to be completely insane to believe it against all evidence.

This is why I'm simultaneously jealous and bitter towards religious people. They may be mad, but being able to believe in some make-believe reason for existence is what would make it bearable. A man can withstand any "how" if he has a good enough "why", and a reason to keep going is exactly what I lack in my cursed existence.

Attached: don't think.jpg (700x535, 51K)

Have you tried peyote?

I was just like you for most of my life.
This shit works.

It doesn't have to be peyote either. Go to erowid.com cacti section

Going on a vision quest is easier than you think.

I have literally never heard of that before. Are you still taking about Christianity?

Also, if one god eradicated all the others, why would he leave their teachings around? In fact, why would the other gods have conflicting stories about the creation of the world if they existed in the same universe?

Because it is documented that Jesus existed and there have been a little over five hundred people that saw him after his resurrection. It's been documented.

Pics or it didn't happen

I haven't. I live in Finland and have no contacts where to get any either. And if I hadn't insurmountable difficulties finding people or online places to buy it from, I would probably have succeeded in finding help for all the failed attempts at salvaging my life in general. I have visual agnosia so trying to search for anything in general is next to impossible, making finding stuff yet another thing that anyone else could do in a heartbeat if they cared but I can't do even if my life depends on it.

What makes the most sense logically is that there's an explanation we haven't though of or can't understand

I think it's unlikely there is a god, and VERY unlikely there is a *personal* god as described in the desert manuals

Attached: 1557338528630.jpg (960x960, 127K)

Wikipedia wiki Echinopsis_pach...
Web results
Echinopsis pachanoi - Wikipedia

youtu.be/ebEyz18rX2M

Jesus was a common name (and still is in some places of the world), and there were literally hundreds of prophets walking around during that time. Not only that, the new testament was written by several authors over the next 400 years and included inconsistencies like christians being fed to lions at the colosseum of Rome, which wasn't even built at that time. The gospels, which the new testament is based on, literally mean "good story" and were literal tales rewritten with jesus as the protagonist.

I actually tried to rescale the picture of contradictions in the bible here but Yea Forums can't handle it: onthelineministries.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/bible-contradictionsBig.gif

Can't find anywhere to buy it, legal or not. Can't find mushrooms, salvia or ketamine either.

Bull shit.

uh no, that wouldn't be that user's opinion. That's an experience, that's his experiential knowledge.

Or a gun, or anyone to help with programming even for money, or 6,7mm brake lining, or help with electronics...

>What makes more sense logically?
Using Occam's razor, we toss out the God theories pretty quick. All they ever do is add a step without having additional evidence to support them.

Arguments for the existence of God are either built on logical fallacies or baseless axioms.
The few that appear logically sound cannot coexist for they all require the others to be false.