Guys, real talk here

Guys, real talk here.

I live in the States. All this talk on the news got me thinking seriously on obtaining a CCW license. I turn 21 next month, so I'm going to try applying and purchasing a handgun. I think the Glock 17 will be fine considering the price and its durability.

I never considered buying a gun before in my entire life. Never. I never liked guns, and I was always a pacifist. I could never hurt another person. But shit is fucked up right now. I have a family, and I can't let anything happen to them if we were ever caught up in a mass shooting. The people I love and I can die because of some fucker that felt like killing people. Fuck that. I can't let that happen if the chance was given.

So, for those of you that have owned a gun, does it help? I never shot one before and I'm afraid to purchase one. I was never anti-second amendment, but I never desired to own a weapon. And now the thought of actually being in possession of a firearm is something I'm uncomfortable with. Knowing that I am actually considering to purchase a tool that can kill disturbs me.

I need real advice before I actually buy one.

Attached: 8020_11400_popup__93334.1521868815.jpg (1280x1280, 275K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-j4PS_8R5IE
youtube.com/watch?v=Jjk3j2bsxVw
gunadvice.com/glock-26-vs-glock-43/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just be a responsible gun user, unlike the dumbasses who shoot up schools and department stores, and you'll be fine.

Just take some shooting classes before you start carrying it with you. It make you less worried because you actually know how to use and, and how to be responsible.

This; but I would go to a local indoor range and see if they have classes/ask them questions before you buy something so you know what you're getting into.

Glock 17 is to big for conceal get a glock 19. Don't get CCW that's a scam rip off just conceal well and don't hang around with the wrong crowd.

Dont be such a faggot and just buy one

Are you saying that you don't need to know how to use it to buy it? Fucking retarded americans

If you own anything it can literally be used as a tool to kill.

If its the scary gun you're afraid of maybe try this 12 gauge fire extinguisher. Pull pin point at bad guy extinguish threat.

Guns aren't bad its retarded mentalities that kill people and use these as a means of destruction.

Take a pitch fork it was designed for shoving shit and hay but a retard would think hey I can kill someone with this.

By the same logic your logic a retard kills someone with a pitch fork and you think PITCH FORK BAD pitch fork kill.

Attached: fire.png (660x250, 202K)

I highly suggest the S&W SD9 VE. It's similar to a compact glock in terms of design but is much cheaper. Its chambered in 9mm so it'll get the job done for self defense. Stay safe user. Post updates

Don't listen to this fucking retard. If you were to actually use your concealed to defend yourself and you don't have the permit your ass is going to jail.

Attached: 6534657.png (492x516, 371K)

Depends on your state laws. Having a CCW is not a scam.

find a local gun range with rentals. most have them. rent firearms, I guaranfuckingtee you they will have the G17 and other common handguns, and determine if you like them. Most good ranges will have someone there with you if you tell them you are a first time shooter to show you proper form.
Purchase the firearm if you so desire, and then take a familiarization class. read the fucking manual for the gun you just bought, and buy extra mags and ammo, and go to the range regularly so you are confident in your ability to operate the firearm.
after that, THEN you go get your CCW. also, go talk to /k/.

Pasta? If not:

Know what you do if you have a CCW and the convenience store you're shopping in is getting robbed? Hide and evade, comply if you've already been spotted. Don't draw unless it's clear it's going to turn to a robbery homicide. Stores are insured and the contents of your wallet replaceable.

Know what you do with a CCW in a mass shooting event? Evade and hide. Don't make yourself the "second gunman" that police or somebody else carrying ends up shooting. Unless you've some golden opportunity to end it or you and yours are being targeted, get out of dodge.

But never mind all that because the odds you'll be present for a robbery are slim, and the odds you'll be present at a mass shooting event even less likely.

>never considered buying a gun
>the thought of actually being in possession of a firearm is something I'm uncomfortable with

You don't need to own a firearm if you can't be comfortable with it. The world doesn't need nervous people with fingers on triggers. It doesn't need firearm owners that "took the magazine out it to clean it" then discharge a round through the wall into their kid's crib.

If you seriously want a firearm and CCW consider locating a reputable trainer or ask a friend that isn't a moron to take you to the range to teach you what fathers don't anymore. And it's a skill you should expect to invest in. You'll want practice often and with consistent ammunition. Jim Bob's discount reloads aren't going to perform the same as commercial ball ammo, nor the same as whatever defense ammo you should be using and practicing with.

Definitely get a gun, they're a lot of fun and while at first you might feel uncomfortable around it, once you become more familiar with it and how it works you wont even worry about it.

If safety is a concern, dont get a glock, as they have no safety. My personal favorite for concealed carry is a Walther PPK in 380 auto. Sleek, sexy, and plenty of power. For an open carry I love the Beretta 92fs and its variants. 9mm is plenty of firepower, and with 15-17 shots, you'll definitely be able to say "fuck you" to any threat, up to and possibly including a brown bear.

2nd amendment if you use it unlawfully you will go to jail no matter what the law is to protect the innocent and punish the criminal. All gun laws are unenforceable.

This is good advice that will save your life

>My personal favorite for concealed carry is a Walther PPK in 380 auto
go buy a real gun and then come back
this, but also (and a CCW class should teach you, but its still your responsibility) learn under what circumstances you can shoot someone in your state. learn castle doctrine vs stand your ground, and if you can shoot for property or just life/limb.
unfortunately the ordeal only starts once the shooting stops

Attached: 1509670713757.jpg (566x480, 58K)

>go buy a real gun
Are you some kind of fucking moron? The Walther PPK is a tried and true concealed weapon, and not just because James Bond used it. It's a fucking beautiful machine and if you dont like it it's because you're a fucking limp dicked faggot.

Shut up you fucking faggot. Get a real gun then use it on yourself.

7 rounds of .380 isn't gonna stop shit, negro. have you ever tried to CC your beretta?

What constitutes a "real gun" to a fucking retard like you?

1911s are for fucking blowhards. I challenge you to a fucking duel, your gay ass 1911 vs my PPK. I will fucking end you.

1911 is the perfect platform you dingus.

Best trigger
Single stack chad life
Metal frame
45 cannon rounds
Two active safeties

>actually believes this
The 1911 is for dumb people. Also, I hope you're not trying to conceal carry that fucking brick. The profile is going to stick out no matter how fat you are. And I know you're fat.

A full sized wonder nine if you ask any of these mouth breathers. Easy enough to conceal when you weigh three hundred and have to lift your gut to draw.

There's nothing wrong with a single stack 380 and maybe a spare mag or two. I'd probably take a double stack 9 like a RAMI over one though.

There are different length 1911s again ya dingus. My favorite is my 3.5 inch.

And you do know slimmer profile is best for not printing(hence praising single stack)? Or do you have no life experiences?

Stick with the glock 19. Better all around option. If you aren’t going to practice every other month you’re better off getting a rifle. Easier to hit your target with a rifle, for an untrained shooter. Ruger PC carbine (9mm) is perfect. Go to a range that lets you rent guns and try different ones out.

You are significantly more likely to die of gun violence if you keep a gun in your home OP.

When you're obese, you can hide guns between your fat folds. A lot of fat people like to hide guns between their butt cracks.

If your state requires CCL, get a fucking CCL. I don't care if it's in the bill of rights, a lawyer arguing against you as the defendant in a court case won't pull any punches.

Classes are great (and for CCL usually mandatory), but they tend only provide the minimum amount of information you need. To realize when it's is legally defensible to draw your firearm on another human being, start here, and work your way into your state laws:

youtu.be/-j4PS_8R5IE

Finally, you'll want to consider getting something that is smaller in profile than a Glock 17. 1, to make it as concealable as possible without diminishing payload. And 2, nothing freaks people out more than seeing the outline of a gun bulging through your jeans. So for that, I recommend the Smith & Wesson M&P Shield / M&P Shield 2.0. Comes in 9mm, and .40 S&W. Also, can be purchased with or without mechanical safety, and with or without a Crimson Trace laser built into the body. So you have options. If for some reason S&W isn't your flavor, Sig Sauer P365.

tl;dr
Low profile gun, and follow the goddamn laws in your state, and local municipalities.

You are significantly more likely to be a complete faggot if you don't have at least five guns in your house

Someone is going to hit you in the head with a brick and steal your gun and blast you with it

I'd probably also add the G19, and potentially G26 and G43 to that list. all depends on what you can shoot well.

And?

You'll more likely die of drowning with your head in your toilet if you own one than if you didn't.

(You) are significantly more likely to be a terrified little bitch who will never fire their weapon in self defense. Try not to shoot any little kids during your rahowa

Man youre a sad person

Maybe you have small hands?

Glock 17 is too large for conceal carry.

I'd recommend Glock 19 or 26.

But owning a gun alone won't cut it. You should practice situational awareness and basic vigilance of your environment. And most importantly, the mentality of being able to kill someone. Having a gun is useless if you choke when it's time to throw lead. If you truly love yourself and the ones you care about, buying a firearm and being proficient in it is the best way to show that.

Don't mentally exhaust yourself about it. People have owned weapons for as long as mankind has existed. If you have to kill it's only natural for survival.

One is a daily practical necessity that provides a valuable hygienic purpose. You're much more likely to be shot with your own gun than you are to accidentally drown in the toilet. We're talking statistics, not feelings though so you might struggle to understand.

My hands are big enough to hold a double stack 1911, so I could shoot you twice as much with your own favorite gun. Then, after I'm done killing you, I'm gonna break both our 1911s and melt them down into a big metal dildo, which I'm gonna shove up your ass and bury you with.

do you have any idea how hard it is to shoot yourself?

Alternatively OP don't focus your entire life around training to be John Wick because you will literally never stop any crime or save your life with your gun. Nobody in this thread ever has either and they never will.

A fraction of a percent something will happen is "significantly more likely" than a fraction of a fraction of a percent. Doesn't change the fact the odds are still near fucking nil. Care to elaborate on your oft repeated but rarely enumerated statement?

>double stack 1911
Oh my its still summer? The only way I know the seasons change is cause of fags like you

It's very easy and people do it all the time? In fact it's so common there are numerous videos of it happening online? Like you literally have ammo in gun, point at self, pull trigger? It's the easiest thing in the world? So easy children can do it?

You should do it. I bought one for the same reason a few years ago. It brings some peace of mind, and shooting is a lot of fun. If you're scared of it, watch some safety videos then spend some time at the range. The more time you spend with it, the more comfortable you'll feel.

I'm talking stats too. Almost anything you interact with has a higher likelihood to be the cause of your death by simply interacting with it. Cars are the prime example. 30,000-35,000 deaths annually in the United States due to vehicle related incidents. That number, interestingly enough, is almost identical to firearm related deaths.

Yes, death by gun happens. And more likely if you have one in hand or house. But my question still stands:

And?

if you wish to own a firearm, burn this shit into your head.
youtube.com/watch?v=Jjk3j2bsxVw

Holy shit, you must be that fucking ogre that lives in someones basement, fucking retard

It's not a fraction of a percent increase. It's a 200% increase.

Attached: 5a860c28d0307219008b45d4-1536-1787.png (1335x1553, 472K)

If you have a firearm in your home you are more likely to be killed by a firearm. I do not want to be killed by a firearm and neither does OP. Therefore it makes sense to minimize exposure. If you don't want lung cancer don't smoke. Of you don't want to die by gun violence, don't own gun. Are you actually retarded?

Well, according to this chart, your significantly more likely to die because of a car. Now, tell me, do you drive?

this is a false claim

interacting with oxygen extends your life minute by minute

interacting with jello does not increase the chance of being killed by jello

there are plenty of things that aren't dangerous in a statistically relevant way

unfortunately guns are not one of those things

theyre the sixth leading cause of death for americans age 25 to 29

You better get rid of the Twinkies in your house then.

Actually our oxidative metabolism is what kills us slowly overtime. I'd suggest you stop breathing.

Guns and cars do not have equivalent societal or personal value. I can drive and have driven. I have owned a bunch of different cars. I don't need one currently because my area has fantastic public transit so I mitigate my risk by not owning one. If OP needed a gun it would make sense to buy one. Just like if you need a car you should buy one. OP does not need a gun because he is not a murderer presumably so he should limit his risk.

I don't eat processed garbage. Stop projecting.

1 in 315.
That's a .31% chance.
Doubled is .62%

That's still less than 1%, moron.

>Actually oxygen kills you
A very very smart boy

You don’t technically need to know how to drive to buy a car

200% more likely to die of gun violence

Here's a wild thought: Don't.

Let the police handle it.

dying like a man is way cooler than slowly rotting in a hospital bed

police literally responded within 30 seconds of some of these recent mass shootings. That's a lot faster than you can pull up your pants.

You don't understand the conversation we're having here or? That if you don't want to die by gun don't have one in your house? OP said he wants a gun so he doesn't get shot but if he buys one he's twice as likely to get shot. You say buy a gun. Is that good advice based on the available data? Nope.

Death obsessed. I like to be alive. Sorry things are rough for you.

dying isn't cool at all basically ever

Depends on where you live. Think for a couple of seconds before you type.

Jesus christ faggot, it’s just a fuckin tool. What the fuck are you on about.

You’re shit outta luck if you think a pistol from a trembling fuck like you can stop a mass shooter. Good luck. Moron.

You can choke on jello. It doesn't usually happen, but eating jello significantly increases your chances of choking on jello, does it not?

If it weren't for the other diseases that take you much quicker, oxygen would. As it's an oxidizer, it slowly oxidizes and breaks down some of the non-regenerative cells in your body over a very long period of time.

Point is, everything can kill you. And at some point you have to stop being so anal retentive and just live your life. Some people will just be minding their own business in life, having never even held a gun, and they'll catch a stray bullet in the dome from being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Now, can we take steps to reduce unnecessary deaths by firearms? Absolutely. Too many dumb-dumbs are way too trigger happy. But this nonsense of 'guns are bad full stop' is ridiculous.

The issue with the data is that it doesn't factor in stupidity. Numbers don't mean shit without context.

Yes. The highest odds on the chart above for firearms is the 1 in 315 for death from "assault by gun."

Once again 1 in 315 odds equals roughly 0.31% probability. A 200% increase is 0.62% The other firearm related causes of death have far more unlikely odds. Do we really need to calculate them too? Where did I lose you?

Your claim was a significant increase which, strictly speaking math, is true. It's still also less than a percent chance of happening, gun in the home or not.

yes but mass shootings occur in areas which are generally easy to get to and may even have police on the property or very near to it. home invasions and assaults, however, are generally at private residences or apartment complexes, which usually do not have police presence.
average response time to a home invasion is about 4 minutes. you can be very dead in 4 minutes. if you wish to not be dead, shoot the fuck back.

Nobody said what you said faggot. Nice straw man. We're having a discussion here. Please pay attention to the topic at hand.

Got some bad news for you, bud. You're gonna die. So will I. So will every last person on earth, eventually.

Don't want to die by a gun, limit your exposure to guns. Right? What part of 'don't buy a gun if you want to limit your exposure to guns' is wrong?

Typical response of an individual without a comprehensive retort leg to stand upon

was just about to say this
idk why op would want the glock 17 as a conceal carry
imo would take the 19 just bcs it carries more rounds

Wow really?! Very smart post. You'll probably go to heaven though right because that's real XD

>shoot back
>already being shot
>somehow reverses time so you aren't being shot
>tada!

You went from a statistical argument to a moral argument. Pick one asshole

Each state can vary significantly in carry laws. Do put in your due diligence to find out exactly what your [do's and do not do's] are. Even after knowing it all I still find comfort in attending a seminar when they're hosted by local law enforcement.
Almost any pistol is absolutely fine for concealed carry. Even a noticeable bulge under your shirt is in reality practically impossible to be detected. Don't feed into these safe queers who feel like they need to buy smaller guns to make them easier to hide. I've been carrying a full size handgun for 10 years, and not once did I ever get detected even while wearing tight fitting shirts. Don't go crazy about what gun. If you can go to a local gun range, and rent some.
The most important thing is to get a good quality concealment holster. Spend at least 50$ on one, and do not buy it at walmart. Also put in due diligence to check for the quality of the holster.
Any gun will be better than no gun if you're in a deadly self defense situation. If you think you're about to use a gun it will not be anything like in the movies. Even if bona fide self defense you still may be arrested, and tried for murder / improper use of deadly force. You'll be shaking, and trying not to puke while thinking about the mess you're about to make, but it will be a huge relief to know you at least have a gun when you need it.
Keep in mind guns also prevent crimes just by being seen. Unless you don't ever leave your house I don't see how a gun is anymore scary than driving on a public road. Good luck and don't fuck us over by being stupid with a gun.

Attached: 1547623038202.jpg (480x315, 27K)

60 some percent of the deaths attributable to firearms are suicide though. your doubling in likelihood stat probably comes almost entirely from unstable individuals purchasing or using existing firearms (which may not even be theirs) to commit suicide.

Please point to where someone said your quote 'guns are bad full stop' or anything like it, scarecrow

I'm not religious. Nice try though.

That's a statistical argument you mong

see you're missing the critical part of shooting the guy before he shoots you, which you should be able to do because it is your home and you will have the advantage.

Suicide by firearm is death by firearm sorry that's hard for you to understand. If you have a firearm you are significantly more likely to die by firearm. If you do not want to die by a gun, the stats say don't own a gun. It's plain as day.

yeah but if you don't kill yourself or intend to, then the practical increase is basically nil.

you said shoot back not me. maybe be more clear. probably if you are holding a gun you're more likely to be a target, wouldn't you agree?

No. It's about 200% on average.

(((Your))) humble squad of stat merchants muddied the conversation, faggot. We were happy to just talk about what OP needs to know before he goes out and exercises his rights as a U.S. citizen. Blame yourself if you're unhappy

>carry illegally
nigger mentality

Do you think that everyone who kills themself walks around just planning to do it and then jumps when they have the opportunity? No. That's ridiculous. But if you have a gun in your closet you might hear it call to you and that access cannot be understated.

If it came out that smearing yourself in your own faeces every morning provided a 200% increase to your chances of winning the Powerball jackpot would you do it?

Don't want to be a wage slave, cover yourself in your own shit. Right? What part of 'bathe in your own filth I'd you want to be rich' is wrong?

Oh yeah, the part where much like your argument it's statistically insignificant.

if you're so mentally unstable that being in proximity of a firearm makes you fantasize about ending the life of yourself or others, then you need to be medicated and put in a nice concrete building full of people just like you

Can you please point to where your bullshit makes sense and you aren't pretending to have a different conversation?

OP said he doesn't want to be shot. Therefore it is statistically a bad idea to buy a gun. How anyone can disagree with this clearly demonstrated truth requires ignorance of the facts of gun ownership and delusion.

I do not play the lottery so it would not increase my chances at all. I also don't have a gun so it doesn't increase my risk at all.

You don't know what a p value is. Stop pretending to know what statistic significance is.

>Not 21 yet
>”I have a family”
The only thing fucked up is your decision making

I can't put a pitchfork on my waistline, walk around with it under a jacket, use it at a range from the target, and most of all I need more than just pulling a trigger to make it a deadly weapon. Retard.

>hear it call to you

It's a fucking machined piece of metal, not some fucking harry potter wand, you delusional faggot

I swear there's gotta be something in the drinking water.

please enlighten us simple rubes, oh college educated one

You own firearms. Have you never thought about killing yourself? You want to die like a man right not as an old person in a hospital bed. You've certainly thought about it. Concrete rooms for you.

please learn what words mean before you use them. it's not about educated vs uneducated. it's about pretending to know what you mean when you say things (you) vs actually knowing what you mean when you say things (me). if you don't know what statistical significance is, don't make allusions to it you retard.

It’s called self control faggot. I’ve got knives and rope, but you don’t se me cutting like a teenage bitch or hanging in the spec’s bathroom. Fuck you.

My house, my life, my problems.

>hey guys my reactor is going critical and the alpha particles are off the charts
>"actually that's your microwave"
>oh brilliant college boy
>*smug*
>teach me how to use it then
>*smug*
>i'm so fucking smart

Im not going to US anytime soon that shit is fucked up

If you're in a crowded mall, and some faggot starts blasting people left and right, whether you have a gun or not, you run the very serious risk of catching a bullet. You can choose to run with the rest of the herd, and no one would blame you for it, even if you're packing. Or you can whip out your gun and potentially stop the murderer's carnage short.

You have fantasized about suicide and also killing others. Also you own a gun. Concrete building for you by your own logic.

Mass shootings take place in less than 1-2 minutes. Unless you've seen active combat in the military, you're unlikely to even remember that you have a gun on you before its over. Good luck I guess.

How statistically likely is it that you will be shot in a mass shooting? Significantly less than being shot otherwise. Your fantasy is a fantasy two orders of magnitude removed from actual danger.

definitely not depressed or a danger to others lol

how likely is it for you to be shot by a third party under any circumstance?

What fantasy? Nothing you're saying follows the flow of the conversation. Are you just some schizoid that was granted an hour of free time on the computer?

They're being a pedant because I used the phrase "statistically significant" to yet again reiterate that the claimed 200% increase is minuscule enough to not matter. It's a big sounding number that reads well and grabs the attention of people who need reaffirming that guns are bad.

I'm no statistician but I'm also not autistic enough to argue with one over a phrase.

Probably slightly above the mass shooting scenario. Both are low. I think a better point is that any average joe with a gun is severely overestimating how long shootings last. I doubt there's much time to react for any normal human being.

The main problem is the mass media title granting. Both the recent shooters got fun titles and will be remembered for a long time.

That fuckin Toledo shooter tho

The chart is posted in this thread. 1 in 315 to be KILLED. Way way more than that to be shot.

this person is actually sane.

me super hero me stop mass shooting, retard. it's a fantasy. you struggle to keep up with conversation. talking to you is a waste of time. don't murder anybody and try not to kill yourself ok?

It's insane to think you are going to be close enough to the shooter and have the ability to draw coldly in a panicking crowd with your ears ringing to hit a shooter blasting away with longarms. It just isn't how it works.

then how come cops do it? cops are fucking idiots with minimal firearms and tactical training and they pull that shit off. a citizen could very easily reach police-level training and surpass it.

Did you not read what I posted? Is your reading comprehension just that shit? I said:
>You can choose to run with the rest of the herd, and no one would blame you for it, even if you're packing.

It's like arguing with a mental defective...

Yeah. I have a friend who works in construction who clued me in on what calls the "conservative fantasy". Apparently most people on a construction site (conservative or not) believe they'd be able to stop a gunman, which just seems insane. I guess I could understand if they've all been watching nonstop isekai anime for the past 10 years, but that ain't true. So I don't know where that confidence comes from.

>friends with the safety guy
fuck off and die, osha scum

Cops get payed to train with guns. As a civilian you need to practice.

Obvious bait. No one is this stupid

>>assuming it's that guy and not the guys installing the complicated and heavy machinery.

Up to you I guess. I can't prove it and I have no obligation to prove it to you, but why would I come up with such a complicated story?

truth is you would probably run away as fast as possible.

Then people that knew you had a firearm will ask why you didn't go in and save everyone

Biggest crock of shit. Every 6 months they just need to prove they can hit a stationary paper target repeatedly at 7 yards. They also need to go to the range on their free time and practice like any civilian.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about

And I'm sure you believe that, but I know actual people with guns who wouldn't be able to react that fast.

You have authority on this subject? You'll forgive me if I don't release names, job titles, and positions on Yea Forums.

Cops show up from outside the scene and in numbers, with knowledge that a shooting is happening.

Cops wear body armor. Maybe you should wear body armor everywhere too.

there is an extra board for that shit you retarded new fag

Attached: 1563025794630s.jpg (222x250, 6K)

Cops don't get paid to train with guns?

Get a revolver, it will never jam, if you are not going to train to clear a jam in a hurry, just get a round gun, every time you pull the trigger it goes BANG

lol none of you faggots have ever been in combat lemme clue you in it's like 20 seconds of complete chaos, nobody has any idea what is going on, nobody thinks even a tiny little bit and everyone involved is terrified you aren't fucking preventing shit with a gun but you might shoot some more people

nope, just like he said, 7ish yard center mass qual and that's it. most cops only shoot maybe 50rds a year.
see, that's actually a good idea if you're trying to not get shot

Maybe it's comforting to think that way, in some twisted fashion, but law enforcement agencies all have legitimately intelligent personnel.

The thing is, they can't deal with random killings. No one can deal with random stuff. You probably believe in a god right? He's probably the only one that could pinpoint the culprit in a truly random event. Unfortunately, Sherlock Holmes isn't and wasn't a real person.

Once two or three killings happen in the same area, it's now a pattern. Patterns are easier. It's sad, but the more people who die, the easier it is the catch the person.

Decent argument.

And yes, Liberals are literally this dumb to blame a pitchfork AKA PITCHFORK BAD.

Bought my first gun last year. Not a cc just for range and home defense.

Its been a joy to shoot.

Attached: _20190123_093700.jpg (1440x1274, 403K)

Lol no

Does it fit in your mouth? That's the important thing really. Try not to murder anyone:)

Go to a local gun store, not like Wal-Mart or cabelas/bass pro. Talk to them, get info from them on how to be a good gun owner, maybe get in touch with a group that will take you under their wing and teach you.

I carry for personal protection. Druggies,niggers and bad people everywhere

Assault forks, trucks, and knives must be outlawed!

Faggot

While I'll argue the other side a lot, it's actually not a problem to enjoy shooting a gun. Lot's of people have fun in a club of that sort and for probably longer than America has existed, archery clubs have probably existed. I actually wouldn't mind joining an archery club myself.

For me, the danger is the fantasies some people have when it comes to guns. They think about what they will do when someone breaks into their house, when they see a person pull out a rifle at a football game or university campus. It's just unrealistic to think anyone can react to that.

I was specifically talking about the sp01, that it's a joy to shoot over others because of the reduced recoil. I haven't been to the range in a while because ammo gets costly.

Yeah and that isn't a problem in and of itself. I want to learn how to shoot properly myself. I'm just not gonna delude myself about my effectiveness in a combat situation.

If a post apocalyptic event occurs and we survive though, that'd be both sad and kinda fun if we know how to shoot.

There's that anger. Boy I bet you can't wait to kill somebody with that thing huh. I bet you wish somebody would try something with you. Then you can kill and you think you won't feel remorse. You will though.

>glock
ugly
Get a Beretta 92fs for maximum aesthetic.

Just learn gun safety, trigger discipline ect. Its the most important. Once you go to the range 3-4 times you'll start to become more comfortable shooting. There's guides that show you what you're doing wrong based on your grouping on the paper target.

Honestly, its not the hard to get decent at it. Then you see all the money you're spending for ammo and it becomes a secondary hobby lol.

Have sex

I carry a Glock 26. It's compact and reliable. Get a good holster. Do not skimp on the holster, it's vital.

If you're going to carry you must dedicate yourself to avoidance, deterrence, and deescalation. Drawing is an absolute last resort. Don't go to stupid places with stupid people and do stupid things.

>For me, the danger is the fantasies some people have when it comes to guns.
As yourself where you got that idea from. You don't really have any idea of what's in the heads of people, you're just parotting what you've heard in left-leaning news outlets.

Do you have sex with your gun? Does it fit in your asshole cause it's too big for your mouth?

And also paying attention to what you faggots post every day and a hundred times in this thread probably too huh

If there's anyone that's a complete psycho, its you. Do you have cut marks on your arm?

I don't own weapons and I am perfectly healthy. It's why I don't need a gun. :) Hope that warm gun is filling a hole in your soul left by your decision to be a scared coward.

First of all, the 24 hour media cycle is an abomination and I get no information from them. So what I've said is based on personal experience. If I felt like I could make any difference in the discussion I'd do more research.

No it's personal family and aquaintances. That's my data. From that group of people, which I admit is not a great sample (though I have another sample group not related to me, which is second hand, but still not the mass media). But at least conservatives in Wisconsin and Ohio think the same as I said above (except in extreme cases). If you have something other than anectodal/belief evidence I'd love to see it. I'm gonna be very critical of it though. If it's a poll of 1000 white amercans in the kinda rich area of mesa arizona, then I don't trust it. The sample size and number of samples has to be believable. What do you got?

yea the prison time is worth more
than $100
you /b tards really are retarded

Attached: 10617719_10152287011932596_156693551_n.jpg (720x960, 86K)

So when someone armed breaks into your house what are you going to do? Face down, ass up? You would.

So someone pulls a gun on you in the street. They already have the gun pointed at you so if you pull yours out you get shot.

Face down, ass up?

>if we were ever caught up in a mass shooting.
if you do the chances that you can defend yourself or others won't be that high if you don't get properly trained. Go with a bunch of friends to a forest and start shooting at each other with intention of hurting one another but not killing. See how your body reacts in this situation, you are more likely to shit/piss yourself first and your hands will be shaking so badly that you won't be able to aim. Get a proper training over a year or so. Then you might have increased chances. Human imagination is narrow under influence of fear and you also have to learn that. I have never owned a gun, but I fought a lot and my first fight was a body shock to me. Initially I thought I will win because in my head I thought I am invincible. I got my face smashed to a pulp. Then after few fight I knew that rules are out, you need to learn to control yourself and defend. You Yanks are sometimes hopeless cases.

Nobody who is armed will ever break into my house. I have a security system and live in a nice neighborhood with low crime rates. What about what about what about zzzzzzzzz. Do you feel like more of a man because you have a gun? I feel like a man without one. It's pretty nice but I'm used to it.

^this

Also get your gun stolen lol and guess what the bad guys got another one

You're not only cringe inducing but you're also a retard. I don't CC. I clearly said that in my original post.

Good for you. Here's a cookie.

So you are saying if Stephen Paddock used 12 gauge fire extinguisher to kill people in Las Vegas he would be as effective. Don't get me wrong but you might be slightly retarded - and this is a compliment.

Lol

I would consult /k on choosing a good first handgun for self defense

So does it fit in your mouth, faggot?

The pitchfork rampage wherein a man armed with a pitchfork attacked people three hundred yards away over and over and killed almost 50.

Oh did you? Then you agree with me. I didn't say anything complicated. I just applied your logic to another situation.

Everyone knows you're much more likely to be robbed in your living room behind a locked door than on the street lol.

Have sex and stop cutting yourself.

shoulder holster a Glock 22 in .40 cal, good stopping power, rounds are priced better than .45.

and get a walther ppk in .380 for when you want to be discreet. take it to the range and practice until you can empty the clip on a target within 20m in under 2 seconds.

What does that have to do with my proprosed scenario. Ass up or not?

Samefags

Weird projection. Healthy men don't need guns. :)

I hope this is bait...

You seem focused on anal sex. It will not happen.

Men don't use smiley faces you low test beta.

They fantasize about protecting themselves from ass rape with a gun? You can have an opinion about what men do when you start acting like one. :)

Do your research on basic safety and take it to the range if you don’t have a decent amount of property or cool neighbors and run a few thousand rounds through it until you are more than confident on how to use it. When carrying always keep a round chambered. If you ever need it the time to chamber one is life or death.

real men do whatever the fuck they want you faggot

Low test beta

Woah

Beep boop btfo must self destruct

I enjoy anal, so I don't know what the problem is with that You're just dodging the question.

XD the smiley police logged on

Cringe and incel pilled

>triggered
:D

the reddit is strong in this one whoa

The reddit is strong in your ass bruh

Glock 17 is way too big for everday carry. You should go with Glock 26 or 43: gunadvice.com/glock-26-vs-glock-43/

>butt sex butt sex butt sex butt sex

>butt sex butt sex butt sex butt sex

BTFO gibbering lol :D

no u

You can't stop but I can XD

prove it

Cant go wrong with glock 17 or 19.
Practice practice practice.
Range time. Dry fire.
Practice practice practice.
Anyone that is willing to defend themselves with lethal force should have a legal service on retainer just in case you have an incident.

Lock your gun away, so your kid doesn't take it and hurt someone by accident.

I carried a g17 every single day for 6 and a half years. It's fine
I carry a sig 365 now.

You spelled Smith & Wesson 500 + extended barrel wrong

Did you shoot anybody or was it a waste of time?

I had the ability to protect myself and my family the entire time I carried it. Completely worth it.

>I live in the States
wew

So you didn't shoot anyone and it was a waste of time. It's the same as the condom you have had in your wallet since sixth grade. Good for your ego. Never gonna need it.

Thank god I never needed it. I never wore condoms and I never carried one in my wallet. My lack of ego allows me to avoid or walk away from confrontations started by infantilized, angry boys such as yourself.
You want the right to disarm yourself and pick fights because you're mad at the world, go for it. It's my right to carry so when someone like you decides to act like a dummy, you can be stopped quickly.

Don't get the Glock 17, get yourself a real gun with stopping power.
I carry/conceal a Colt 1911a1 ACP, it will put down an elephant and I also carry 2 spare mags in my holster, sometimes 7 in a mag might not be enough.
The gun was my grandaddy's and he brought it back from WW2, it still works although the wooden grips had to be replaced and a spring about 30 years ago.
It kicks like a mule but by fuck anything in front of you has a fucking big hole in it.

I like the tt33s, they fire a 7.62 that will go through most body armor, and usually have a soviet styled grip.

Can get a ppk and pretend you're james bond.

1911s always a good choice as well.

I recommend the m1 garand for a rile. 3006 will kill pretty much anything.

7 rounds 42 ounces. No thanks
7 rounds 42 ounces. No thanks.

Yeah I said you never wore a condom because you never needed one, remember?

40cal. Between the 9 and 45. A .40 has good stopping power more then the 9 and rounds are cheaper then .45. People sometimes underestimate stopping power. Close quarters is when a handgun is used. A 9 will stop someone no doubt but you might have to use a few more bullets to achieve what you could have done more efficiently with the. 40. The .40 has a good punch to stop some crazy fuck charging at you. Argue all you want about caliper and what one is best, blah, blah. For me a .40 is the perfect in between weapon.

If you want to have a gun than go through the nessicarry channels. Take a class on safety and follow the rules. When you finally get your gun make sure to take it to the range at least twice a month for practice so you know how to operate it without a thought.

I never wore them because I dont like them. I'm aware of what your 6th grade insult implied.

The caliber debate was settled 20 years ago. Modern projectiles negated everything you just said.

No. I'm not going to argue. How many people have you shot,skippy?

Fuck Glock.
There is only two guns you can choose from for CCW. The Taurus G2C and the M&P Shield 2.0, both in 9mm.
If you try to do a search on gun comparisons, EVERYONE compares their gun to the G2C as a standard.

Also because you are a virgin and that would be silly.

How many ballasticians agree with you? When the people that study and work on this stuff every single day disagree with you, you might want to check your stance. Terminal ballistics of modern projectiles are extremely clear on the subject. You got your pet, fine. Suggesting 40 stops "more efficiently" than 9 is verifiably wrong.

Lol tell that to the FBI

Ok. And not everything in books and tests works the same under real world applications. I will agree to disagree.

You're very concerned with my penis. I dont swing that way, sorry.
No one puts Taurus above glock or sig or Smith or FN or springfield.. Taurus is a throwaway at best. Same ballpark as high point or Kel tec

FBI is switching to 9. Guess they know something you dont.

Larger the caliber, the less amount of penetration. Be hard to stop a bear with a .45, maybe a .40, 9mm yes, .357 yes, 7.62 yes.

Yeah, rounds are cheaper. Did you think it's because the 9 is superior or that would even matter when it comes to budget? I can assure you it's not because they are trying to make agents safer. Common sense..

Hipoint and keltec are perfectly fine for wearing on your belt and intimidating people. Which is all you're going to do with it. Airsoft will also give the same feeling that substitutes for actual manliness and is much cheaper and you don't need a license.

The fbi developed it's own caliber. Do you know how expensive that is?
Did you ever stop to think that because of modern projectile performance, the gap between the 9mm of 50 years ago and the "magical" 45 has shrunk to zero?
More rounds, lighter weight, lower pressure, less recoil, faster first hits, faster follow up hits, cheaper price, same terminal performance. Yeah. It is common sense.

Cartridge**

>Hipoint and keltec
Kings of the market for smash and grab, stick'em ups, and wanna be thugs.

so easy a retard could do it and so easy to NOT do it,

KEEP YOUR BOOGER HOOK OFF THE BANG SWITCH TILL YER' READY FOR IT TO GO BOOM

Awesome. That's why I said orginally "for me" and I'll say it again my butthurt b/ro, for me I'd rather carry a .40 then a 9mm. If my reasons bother you, then perhaps you need to be somewhere in the real world, no, not the range and test that a 9mm is superior to the .40.

I dont need a license to carry in my state, one of the perks of being a nationally licensed law enforcement firearms instructor.

Oh shit ya'll it's the cops...scatter

How gunfags talk.

You got your pet, fine.
Saying it's more efficient is wrong. Believing it's more efficient is wrong. Carry what you like. Better than a stick.
Than=/=then, btw.

Meh, potato=potato.

Not anymore. Just an instructor for a state agency and 2 sherriffs departments now.

cool im an international man of mystery nobody gives a fuck

What would possess you to think anyone cares?

your gf wont get blacked if you shoot through a homo sapiens negroid, but since yall americans give life sentences for one murder all the time (maybe cause most of them are negroid) make sure you shoot him to stop and damage him not to ever be able to attack like his lower spine or upper legs don't kill him cause while you're serving life no parole your girlfriend is going to breed with them and make black kids.

You responded. You care.

talk to /k/