Good morning b & fellow eurofags

Good morning b & fellow eurofags.
I'm a 19 years old engineering student who's supposed to be successful & shit.
À priori, from an external pov, I have no reasons to be depressed, I am still in university, my parents are alive, I've got a great girlfriend, and what not.
Yet, I'm just as depressed as anybody else on this board.
AMA

Attached: doomer-boi.png (1219x1167, 423K)

Maybe cut your hair faggot

Obligatory self deprecating comment about the fact that this is basically attention whoring, but whatever I guess...

19yo chemical engineering student here, go nofap for a couple weeks, it works

Eh ? Boomer spotted I guess.

Why though ?

Erm... Don't want to sound pretentious or anything, but I don't need to fap already, sex is more than enough for satisfying my occasional desires.

>is young, has a future and a gf
>wastes time in 4jizz
That's the problem, ditch this shithole and enjoy the small things

Eh.....
I mainly lurk on Yea Forums for the greentext stories, though, in this case, I just wanted to discuss with some fellow anons because I feel dead inside, and I know that at least, I'm not the only one who feels like that here.

Body and mind needs to "de-press"urize itself after stress, that's what depression is, a dopamine reuptake problem after you have been stuffed to brim with it.
Sugar, flashy lights, boom WHAM, look here.
Stop, do something that puts your focus in one spot at HOURS at the time. Knitting, mountain climbing, walking or jogging....

try 5-HTP

if that doesn't work you're gonna need something stronger

Some of us just never experience happiness no matter how successful we become

Sport definitively helps, I practice parkour and sprint.
I love playing video-games, watching anime and what not.
Working on math problems or other engineering/computer related stuff is always fun.....

I have been depressive ever since I was a child, and this year hasn't been exactly fun, but lately, I can't help but feel dread all the time, and nothing but seeing my girlfriend makes me significatively happy. But we can't see each other every day, she lives in another "state" ( my homestate ), and we sometimes are both busy with everyday life stuff.

Is it really a good idea ?
I never even tried to smoke anything or doing drugs.
I don't even drink ( I tried, but I don't like the taste ), and the only time I've been drugged ( for an operation ), I had the most bizarre depersonalisation related trip ever, and it felt like I was dying.... Yet it was so warm and comfortable.
tl;dr : I don't think my mind is ready for a fake intake of chemical happiness so to speak

Btw, thank you Anons for trying to help me.

restart your brain
stop eating sugars and seeing flashy sights (no pc or tv or any of that shit) and don't listen to music for a week
If it doesn't break you then all of your sensations will get 1000 times better and you will ascend into godhood

I won't lie, I didnt get there but I tasted it for a short while and I truly had joy of life, not just happiness.

the less outward stimuli the better

Start taking CBD. Stop eating processed carbs. Itll make you less depressed. Existential dread on the other hand? We all have that.

Will try it out.
Seems easily doable, except for the no music part.
Did something similar in the past, basically trying to only do sport for 3-5 days ( no screens etc... except for music ), and I would meditate ( to organize my thoughts ) next to a river during the evening/night. Helped me a lot, but alas, no rivers w/ forest next to where I live.
Thanks for the advice bro.

Roger that.

I already have a rather healthy diet, and although weed is legal in my country, I would rather not smoke it / ingest it ( I know the difference between CBD and THC ).

>Seems easily doable
I give you 2 days max

I mean really the less the better
Books, other people, sights and sounds
hard reset is hard in of itself but it will clean the slate CLEAN

Shouldn't be that hard assuming I'm still allowed to see my friends and girlfriend.
Ah I see, then yeah, it might be significantly harder if I'm not supposed to see other people.