Is this what we actually are? And the rest is like an exoskeleton?

Is this what we actually are? And the rest is like an exoskeleton?

Attached: nbqixw27k5vy.jpg (480x641, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>lrn2science.png

not even all of that just the brain and the top part of the spine

how fucking high are you?

Attached: 1563166693367.webm (224x398, 715K)

yeah i don't have bones or blood vessels or muscle tissue i'm just a nervous system and skin

Yes.

The bones and muscle are the exoskeleton OP mean in that they exist only to provide for our brain. They move us around and gather resources. The blood vessels exist to circulate blood through out brains and keep us alive. EVERYTHING we experience is through our brains. Every thought, emotion, feeling, senses everything.

>the rest

Can you into literacy?

We're more closely related to the octopus than the ape.

WTF?

Attached: cc8051b82c5a98d5d8fca21eee766c05.jpg (529x559, 82K)

not really no :(

FUCKING RADICAL DUUUUUUDE

Attached: l.jpg (500x375, 27K)

Attached: im-nervous.png (927x749, 1.09M)

Calling it an exoskeleton is really oversimplifying, but its not all about the brain; its also the fun reproductive organs that propagate our species.
Wash your balls.

OP is making me nervous

Your body is just a vessel, user, you are a soul.
Once your body dies, your soul gets sent back into the infinite void, where you will wait for an indeterminate amount of time until your soul can be reborn into a new host body.

Goddammit you mean when I finally kill myself I just respawn in this shithole again?

that's not right.

Not necessarily, you can be reborn billions of years into the future as anything living, essentially.
The only problem is that all memories and experiences are stored in your body, so they go with it, which is why you can't remember if you have been alive before.

I hope this is real, because I'd rather not just be in some kind of hell or something. Or worse, nothing.

That's just the inside that connects to all the other parts together.

So what happens after heat death?

Think back on the nothingness before you were born, it's literally impossible.
That's the void, when you're just a soul you don't have any awareness whatsoever, that's why we need vessels to experience things.

The universe is reborn at some point, scientifically speaking, even from nothingness, something can be created.
Either that or God, if one exists, just creates a new one.

You had me till that post. There is zero empirical data for creatio ad nihilo.

OFFICIAL /MLP/ Server

>discordapp_.gg/9JvQBV2

user, how do you think souls came to exist?
We are nothing more but a lifeforce, that willed itself to existence, our only purpose is to give life to organisms, so those organisms could experience existence.
In the end, we are all the same, only thing that differentiates us is the vessel we inhabit.
Just enjoy everything you experience, user.

what we are is our consciousnesses
even our brain is just an exoskeleton for our consciousness

You can't argue science and souls until they are reconciled. Their is no scientific data regarding soul. We are merely creatures slightly smarter than a banana nothing can "will itself into existence" because to exert any will at all would be to already exist

>EVERYTHING we experience is through our brains
>what is the peripheral nervous system

Science is not absolute, user, simply conclusions drawn from observations, yet the concept of a soul has been prevalent since the early years of mankind.
Sometimes it's best not to think too hard, user, sometimes the answers simply come to you.

Science isn't absolute, but then again nothing is. What science IS though is concrete. It has a foundation in what can be quantified. If nothing else, you can at least trust quantification.

Assuming you are the same user I've been, how then do you quantify a soul? What are it's measurements? What does it do? Does it keep us alive? No our bodily functions do and the should would persist after death. Do they store our minds? Well you said that that is stored in the body as well. How can you measure a soul? Who does and does not have one? If everyone has one then how do you know it even truly exists without a control group to show what not having a soul is like.

Fact is quantification, everything else is philosophy and can only be regarded as an opinion no matter how true it may seem.

Also there are many wrong idea that have been prevalent since the early years of man. Early humans are fucking idiots and shouldn't be used as a gauge of truth (and this is completely ignoring the fallacy of "Well people have believed this forever so it must be right")

Frog. They serve them raw 30 seconds after killing them in Asia.

Yes. Mainly just the brain.
The second we die, that's it. No afterlife, just copefags trying to divert you from thinking about it

>If everyone has one then how do you know it even truly exists without a control group to show what not having a soul is like.
Here's a hint user, it's a dead being.
Why do you think resurrecting the dead is not possible?
No matter how much blood, oxygen and nutrients you pump through a corpse, it won't wake up, even though, by definition, it should.
What could we possibly be missing besides something that is not physically tangible?
Hint: it's the force of life, aka the soul

source pls

>Why do you think resurrecting the dead is not possible?

not the guy you were talking to but I stopped reading right there. you are beyond retarded. go chew on some tree bark and go fuck yourself.

>I have no argument and I must scream, REEEE
Okay user, good to know

Y'all ever read divided by infitinity? Look it up. Gave me new idea about death.

Sorry it's called divided by infinity by Robert Charles Wilson

All hail the flying spaghetti monster

Underrated post

Look up the Eternal Recurrence anons. That is your answer.

Attached: 1398182020195.png (939x405, 44K)

Lol you are telling this to someone who has been pronounced medically dead 3 times before the age of 2. If they catch you fast enough and can fix your corpse then before it starts to rot, you can be revived. It's not about how much blood and nutrients you have, your body can't sustain itself once the brain starts rotting.

You can even reanimated individual part with implantation. As well as their are studies on artificially killing people and replacing their blood with a saline solution to perform heavily invasive surgery with less tissue damage (no blood spurts and no.morning organs pushing things) then putting your blood back and reviving you afterwards.

Life and death are quantifiable, souls are not.

This wasn't my most difficult fap, but it was close.

Did the complete nakedness rattle your nerves

Then please, mister expert, tell me, what is consciousness?
How is consciousness formed?
Why do biological lifeforms possess consciousness, yet artificial ones do not?
According to your definitions, gravity is not real either, since it doesn't have a physical form.
It's only a distortion in spacetime, nothing else, only way we can measure it is because it interacts with other things, but as you can tell, so does a soul.
You act as if science is absolute and there is no way anything beyond our comprehension can exist, even though we haven't even reached a surface to scratch when it comes to knowledge of the Universe.

discord
====
.gg/JGCeAAA

We lack some knowledge about a topic at the present time. Therefore soul/god/magic.
... What?

>Then please, mister expert, tell me, what is consciousness
>How is consciousness formed?
>Why do biological lifeforms possess consciousness, yet artificial ones do not?

I don't sit here and pretend I know things I don't. And honestly to even ask those questions you need to define what consciousness even is.

>According to your definitions, gravity is not real either, since it doesn't have a physical form.
>It's only a distortion in spacetime, nothing else, only way we can measure it is because it interacts with other things, but as you can tell, so does a soul.
Did I say "physical form" literally even a single time? I spoke of quantification, of which can be done with gravity. Gravity produces kinetic energy between 2 objects which can be measured as weight, which is why you weigh less on smaller mass objects than larger mass objects (which is yet another quantification of how gravity is measured)

>You act as if science is absolute
Literally said the exact opposite.

>and there is no way anything beyond our comprehension can exist,
Literally never said this

>even though we haven't even reached a surface to scratch when it comes to knowledge of the Universe
Finally something we can agree on, though we seem to have opposing perspectives on what this even means.

You sound like my aunt who wholeheartedly believes the necronomicon is a real ancient book on necromancer even though even the word itself was invented by H.P Lovecraft (in 1942) and you hide behind "Well you can't prove otherwise so that validates me pretending to know the nature of the universe better than those who dedicated their lives to it even though I never have" and assume that because I speak of empirical data and quantification that that must mean I can't comprehend, or outright dismiss entirely, spiritual or philosophical matters.

Get off your fucking high horse

That must be it. Leaves nothing to the imagination.

What about my penis? It has a mind of its own.

Like a cosmic pyramid scheme?

Then there would be no point to that theory. Nature wouldn’t do something that pointless.

Gay

There's a reason most modern cultures no longer have a sun god or fertility goddess

Why don't you just blow him faggot

Well what's the reason smart guy?

Attached: Yggdrasil.jpg (357x448, 210K)

Are you just getting snarky at everyone who opposes you?

What an asshole

goodnight

Night dubs-kun

Kino confirmed

Attached: 20190809_211706.png (1920x1080, 6K)

The fuck is Kino?

one thing you should understand is that all matter is a form of energy. everything that you see, hear, touch or feel is a kind of cosmic waveform that has different properties depending on its frequency.
the body is one of those too. the physical mind is just a kind of machine you ride around in. that picture is basically just showing the cockpit and control wires.

You are the very essence of the universe itself and everything and everyone around you is too. the body acts as a receptor, and its complex computer (that is, the brain) allows the universal being that is channeled inside to retain memories and work out problems that occur over a length of time.
when you die, you return to a place where all energy is at rest. in this place there is no time and nothing happens that wasn't made to happen. You might consider this heaven, and within this realm predeterminism is real, because the only thing that exists here is a monolithic mass of conscious energy that some refer to as "God".
To "create" the world as we see it, the energy projects itself through dimensions, and this action generates a hologram we perceive as reality. In this hologram many forms of energy coalesce into tangible objects, elements, molecules, atoms, waves, etc, and some form vessels for the universe to fill with itself. In reality, things are different because the energy within is not at rest. Predeterminsm doesn't work so well here because of the chaos of it. You have to sit around and fill your mind with holograms by thinking about things and creating memories instead of just being omniscient and not just knowing but being everything. Here there is struggle and death, because these meat sacks don't last so long, but we're infinite. we've been here since the dawn of time. humans may die but even that isn't the end.

if that's a bit complicated just think about the fact that you were probably a dinosaur, many existences ago.

the rest is just a suit.

This is the first vid in a long time to turn my stomach. holy shit.

The energy that forms the hologram of the computer (or rather, each atom of it) is conscious, just as much as you, it merely lacks access to a storage device like the brain with which to compute rational decisions. it is energy, so it simply _is_.

It's the nervous system idiot. Connects all the parts together rofl.

this person dmts

Android you cold mother fucka

Andros ** stupid spellcheck

What do you mean by artificial lifeform? I wasn't aware that there existed a form of life that is not biological.

You are not your brain.

only the conscious part of the brain I'd say
in the far future we could implant this on to machine and other living things and redefine what it meant to be a human

the brain is also part of nervous system

Ship of Theseus. You interface and augment the brain with components that cooperate with it, and in the years as the brain ages you use the artificial components more and more until finally you are running on hardware instead of wetware.

his rectum

do I also get 72 tight virgins with real nervous system?

best

Attached: img05.jpg (1200x1800, 827K)

This kind of situation is kinda different from a boat.
If the brain is completely replaced then the original dude is just dead and had just been expiring for ages.
Even replacing certain peaces can completely change the mind and pose the argument if the original person is even there.

>nothing
oh of course user you will just keep living forever and ever after you are literally dead

If there's nothing after you die then you can't feel anything so what's the issue. I were nothing before you were born so why be worried.

quantum mechanics guarantees at least some level of constant random activity
maybe it would come up with something given near infinite amount of time post heat death.
big rip may happens before that tho

Would you say that someone who personality has drastically changed due to a brain injury is a new person and the original person has died?

>whose

Attached: Evolution.jpg (1425x1246, 1.21M)

Attached: tumblr_p9bda4n3Eu1x6m6njo1_r1_400.gif (400x215, 1.33M)

Too others yes. Too the person no.
people and personality is based on perception on that person.
people who change in personality can be the same person but too other people the person they knew previously is essentially gone.

This. What's the reason?

Attached: 1517858320007.jpg (255x214, 15K)

Think he means that science basically destroyed any thought of magical forces controlling those things.

Superstition is born of a lack of understanding. We have understand how fertility and the sun work for awhile now so no new superstitions have been born

Science is our evolving collective model of how the world works backed by evidence user.
The faith on the other hand is just speculation with no solid ground except the threat of excommunication. An attempt to answer question that doesn't have an satisfactory answers.
And what this 'god of the gaps' could 'answers' retreats deeper into the unknown void each decade as knowledge increases.
Its always in full retreat.
>Sometimes it's best not to think too hard
It appears you're not thinking at all
You might as well be an NPC

this

if the computer is smart enough, and the process slow enough... How much of the brain can you lose and still be you. What percentage of brain holds ones' soul?

do retards have soul then?
does lobotomy or really bad concussion damages the lifeforce?

Science user here. nothing to be freaked out about. When they serve these, they salt them. The salt acts as an electrolyte causing involuntary muscle contractions.

It's not even a "percentage" of the brain it's mainly most of the parts that operate the general functions of how a person reacts thinks and does. there can be things in the brain that can be considered unimportant or unneeded.

Im fucking drunk and you anons make me feel at peace with existence. Ironic

>You act as if science is absolute

>30 religion, 30 different answers
>oh this verse seems wrong because your just reading it wrong! science BTFO
>faith is absolute
>just stop thinking lmao

This guy gets it

*webm of frog legs being stimulated* "YO WTF THIS ISN'T RIGHT" this is middle school shit you should know this by now

cool, when do we get to drink koolaid?

idk go ask the copefags

So to the person making the gradual transition from processors made of meat to processors made of silicon and metal or whatever, wouldn't the perception be that their identity has continued?

woah

Attached: Alien_brain.png (395x351, 178K)

>YOU were nothing before you were born so why be worried
fixed my mistake

If the personality is the same people could still see it as the same person but with a different look.

Well there you have it then. The Ship of Theseus analogy stands.

Hormonal activity and very many other things affect the brain, the brain without other organs would not think in a similar way that a brain with a body would.

We are never "just" the brain, it's a complex package that works together, EVEN IF the brain is the most important part of the system.

Attached: 1533486879737.jpg (432x385, 14K)

robocop 2?

Attached: 1555467971882.png (742x635, 592K)