What in the actual fuck is up with Google and all these fucking copyright/protection features on images...

What in the actual fuck is up with Google and all these fucking copyright/protection features on images? I know this has been going on for years, but it's getting worse. I remember not being able to save images on my phone (still can't, pretty much), now every other images I search for and try to save from searching Images in Google has some shitty WEBP file type. And I feel it's just going to keep getting worse.

WTF do we do? Use a separate/different image search site to find/save images? I mean fuck, this is getting ridiculous.

Attached: 2880px-Google_Images_2015_logo.svg.png (2880x989, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bing.com/images/search?q=MYSEARCH,
bing.com/images/search?q=%s
bing.com/images/search?q=boris johnson
support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

People can protect their content, OP. Deal.

WEBP is just a modified extension as far as I've seen. Try changing it to JPEG and see if it works. IrfanView will offer to rename it.

I've had no trouble saving images I googled for on FireFox for Android. I had some trouble at one point because I had to pinch-zoom the images before long-pressing to get the menu that let me save images.

Dunno if Google Images is any different.

At worst, the picture can be clipped out of a screenshot. This is a pointless battle for them.

Yeah that's a hassle though. You can't save the images as anything but WEBP (except the Any Files option or whatever), so having to save an image the opening it and re-saving it as another file type? What a shit system. It is a work around though, admittedly never thought of it.

i only see webp rarely when saving images, it seems its purely because that site is hosting a file that is webp

About every 2 or 3 images for me. Seems to be increasing these days.

Unironically, use Firefox as your browser and Bing as your image search.

OP here

I use FF as my browser, with the google search addon at the top for easy searching. Never thought about using Bing, always thought Bing was a horrid engine. Then again, if it's not doing shit like Google is, maybe I'm completely wrong.

ImageMagick

(Make a batch script that runs it on whatever folder you save shit to)

Cool. In case you didn't know, you can set custom searches with a %s wildcard.

For instance, if you bookmark bing.com/images/search?q=MYSEARCH, save the bookmark, then go to your bookmarks and right click on your bookmark and go to properties.
From there, edit that link to bing.com/images/search?q=%s and give it a keyword (not a tag), like: bis

Once you've done that you can then enter the following into your address bar:
bis boris johnson
and get:
bing.com/images/search?q=boris johnson

Once you have that set up you won't even need the search bar, it's much faster to do it this way. I have one for google, bing, google image search, bing image search, wikipedia, Yea Forums (boards.Yea Forums.org/%s with keyword: 4), etc.

because google is shit?

just open a bug report on your browser?
if your browsers knows the correct file type, it should not offer to save JPEG files as WEBP or vice versa.

>writing batch script
where to start?

Wait, what? How do you do this?

uh, excuse me, are you still USING GOOGLE?!
wow, just wow, i tip my hat to you sir
good day

be sure to look around, as you likely just want to disable webp support altogether - which already IS possible (its a config called "image.webp.enabled", flip it off and webp is gone unless the website is being stupid)

but if your issue persist, get it fixed in the browser. for firefox, request it here:
support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions
just make a new thread precisely describing the problem, and providing a sample image url, and ask if someone familiar with it can notify the developers.
I had an issue fixed within a few weeks this way (actually faster, but they only actually push out fixes when they release a new version)

978mbps upload download, 4ms lag. Google fiber, up yours nerd

another thing
how to save a streamed vid of any site?
I guess the shit should be on your machine caches but how to find?! and save?!

you need a special program to do that.