Psychology thread. Ask me anything

Psychology thread. Ask me anything.

Attached: 1490381820.jpg (1190x794, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3QkDcgtHf0g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What is the purpose of meaning?

To give meaning to your purpose.

why is OP such a faggot?

OP is always a faggot.

If I can't get a gf, can I become the gf?

Hell no.

how do i get a burning team captain?

What the fuck is that?

Why tho?

You cannot become the other, by definition. The beauty of the universe would be undone if you could.

Just find another.

Cue your a fucking faggot and your ancestors are shamed by your faggotry

Attached: image.png (500x867, 198K)

faggotry is natural, you fag

so is throwing shit and rape

but we dont do that do we, jamal

Why are you interested in psychology?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3QkDcgtHf0g

Are you a music fan?

I'm interested in people; how they function, behave, and think, is endlessly fascinating to me. It's also a very vast subject, covering everything from how the brain works to optical illusions.

I am. Listening. Quite nice so far.

What are your thoughts on consciousness?

One of the mysteries of the universe, along with music, the origin of the universe, and a few other things.

People aren't really that complicated, pretty stupid, actually.

Stupidity can be complicated. Regardless of intelligence, any functional brain is complicated as fuck. Nothing is as simple as when you don't care.

Hey shrink Yea Forumsro.
I'm a 39 yo virgin.
Feel like shit.
What do?

Exactly. Our brains are EXTREMELY complicated. It takes a lot of complication to be able to do even the most basic thing. Hell, an insect's brain is complicated.

Don't start with the virginity, as this isn't the main problem nor the cause.

Accept it, and grow from it. On the plus side, losing your virginity as a mature man will make it 1000 times better than if you had been 15. Think of it like wine. Also focus on that anyone who's had sex all this time just lost it. It becomes nothing but memories, so don't feel too bad: nobody keeps anything in this life.

State problems you have, let's see if I can help.

>File: 100.jpg (126 KB, 839x600)
I wear lingerie and chat with guys online but still think of myself as straight and want a wife and kids. what do you make of this and how can i know for sure if i am trans. need help.

>State problems you have
No self esteem
No confidence
Terrible insecurity
Think low of myself
Think others make fun of me and consider me stupid
Friendless
I don't know how to drink alone in a bar
>things I solved
No longer a neet
Have a good paying job where I'm objectively good but still think I suck
Lost weight, normal bmi now

You're probably just bisexual. Don't confuse sexual orientation with wanting to be a woman.

Whats the proper way to wipe your butt?

Lots of good stuff here!

Question: do your parents have any real friends?

>Lots of good stuff here!
What do you mean good?
>do your parents have any real friends?
No

Fold.

If you are a girl front to back only
If you are a boy any way you feel like it

>inability to valie good things you have and do, and are
>parents who can't have friends

Two major things I find every time in my patients.

The good stuff that you must focus on and repeat to yourself:

>not a neet
>job
>successfully reduced weight

You've accomplished a lot here. Some people never manage to accomplish any of these. Self-confidence is lacking, but focus on the facts: facts say you're pretty based.

>implying fecal matter inside your cock is fine

Any man who wipes from the front needs to be shot.

I'm fooling myself though because I'm a virgin and therefore worthless

Thoughts on the recents mass shootings.

Being a virgin doesn't have to be a negative thing. Does anyone think a woman's virginity is worthless? No. It's precious, so think of it as valuable. Separate that from any issues you may have. Feel no shame, because your issues aren't your fault. If parents don't raise their kids well, it's like sabotaging them, and it's hard for poorly-raised people to change the course of things, so I already applaud you for having begun to change things.

You are doing great and it won't be so hard as you imagine. The worst part is you thinking you're shit. That is literally the main problem and your biggest obstacle. This is what makes the difference between people who get what they want and those who don't: if you don't think you can get it, and that you don't deserve it, it reduces your chances by a lot.

This is what you must change, and you will do it by acquiring experience in everything (life, work, women, etc) and feeling less unsure of what you know.

You are valuable. Men who have suffered, and come out better for it, are diamonds. Women love diamonds.

Primary cause: mental health issues, disenfranchised youths who communicate almost only with other people who share the same delusions; it ends up creating a desperate (but imaginary) situation for these people, and they act radically.

I know many here who could end up like that.

In my opinion women psychologists for male patients are fucking worthless and a meme.
Even if they mean well and are educated and well trained a woman can NEVER help or give good advice to a man.
Thoughts?

Attached: depositphotos_145133227-stock-photo-female-psychologist-listening-to-you.jpg (1600x1167, 154K)

Why the brain miss the big think and sometimes go left but only when the colours purple?

>In my opinion women psychologists for male patients are fucking worthless and a meme.
It depends on the woman. I always employed female therapists because that was more relevant for my issues. A lot of men would benefit from talking with women, in fact. Unless you're a homosexual, in which case a man would make more sense.

>Even if they mean well and are educated and well trained a woman can NEVER help or give good advice to a man.
Wrong. You essentialise too much. Men and women study the same things, so if they base their advice on their studies, you will find the collective result of thousands of men and women doing research, not just a single person's opinion/advice.

Feel free to elaborate on your opinion, though.

>A lot of men would benefit from talking with women, in fact
How?
I'm asking because I went to a woman therapist and although I liked her a lot, trusted her and I feel that she helped me a lot I'm not sure she really helped and her advice were too womanly
I don't make sense

>How?
Women who experience difficulties in speaking to women would benefit from it as it would make them used to it. Also, having a woman root for you could make a big difference in many men's lives where this otherwise doesn't happen. A man whose mother was cruel, for instance, may not know how much a caring woman is necessary to his life.

>I'm not sure she really helped and her advice were too womanly
Maybe she wasn't a good therapist; what kind of advice is "too womanly"?

When I was younger my psychiatrist only had one arm. I thought that was a bit rude like my problems are so trivial she could fix them with one hand.

>Women who experience difficulties in speaking to women
I meant men. Men to women.

There are worse problems than missing an arm. The worst wounds are not visible.

>Maybe she wasn't a good therapist;
On the contrary, I think she was a really good therapist
>what kind of advice is "too womanly"?
Like when she said that a woman I talked to her about likes me because I'm much better than what I think I am

>Like when she said that a woman I talked to her about likes me because I'm much better than what I think I am
That's not especially womanly. It's likely true and a male therapist would have said the same, for the same reasons. She could be wrong, but there's nothing manly/womanly about being wrong.

>I think she was a really good therapist
She would have solved your problems if that had been the case, unless you are saying that you didn't do your part to get there. I don't know enough to have an opinion.

I hope you don't say stupid shit like that IRL

I do, because it's true. Few people kill themselves because of a missing arm, look it up.

I myself lost a hand, and it's nothing compared to depression. Absolutely nothing.

If you don't think so, you are among the lucky souls who were spared. Bless.

How many genders are there?

I get what you're saying and obviously I'm not going to my psych for their physical prowess. Although having a physical mortal wound is probably worse than something mental (not saying missing an arm is a mortal wound either). Just the way you replied seriously to my stupid comment reminds me of people who always try to turn everything into a life lesson or they have to part some with some "wisdom". Makes more sense when you said you've lost a hand

Feminine, masculine, neutral. So three. Gender is a linguistic term, for words.

if apocalypse can happen, can watchmen happen?

Credentials in psychology?

>Just the way you replied seriously to my stupid comment reminds me of people who always try to turn everything into a life lesson or they have to part some with some "wisdom"
I take everyone seriously here. Mental health is no joke to me, neither are people. I will also give "life lessons" whenever I think there's a possibility to radically improve someone's life. It's too important to neglect.

Trust me, issues of the mind are always worse than issues of the body (though the mind is always the body in the end).

The hell of hearing voices 24/7, of suffering from derealisation for years on end is incomparable to not having a leg or an arm or else.

BS, MS, currently working on my doctorate.

Yeah I'm not ready to deal with my mental issues yet. Well, I can't be bothered.

It's all right. When you are ready, go for it. It might be difficult, but it will be worth it. See it as a challenge, and go confidently.

I've been ready for a while. But I'd rather waste away and use drugs because I'm lazy.

>because I'm lazy.
Oh, it's not because you're lazy. It's because you're scared.

Don't waste your time, my friend. If you are ready, go!

Give good psych books to read

Yes, I don't want to do anything I'm not immediately good at or can't do flawlessly. Also I'm working FIFO now, I should probably quit if I want to improve my mental health

Does perpetrating such an egregious fraud ever bother you?

You've been here for over three hours.
Not very busy, are you?

This, to understand what good parenting is, so you can have a perspective on your own childhood, how others raise their own children, and how you can raise your own. Top authors, very serious credentials, and accessible, good writing.

Attached: images.jpg (641x1080, 61K)

>Yes, I don't want to do anything I'm not immediately good at or can't do flawlessly.
Might be Giftedness. Ever had your IQ tested?

Country saves millions thanks to me repairing people.

>fraud

What's your job again?

No. I was naturally smart at the start of high school but like like everyone else who says that I didn't try or have any drive. Then for 10 years I've drank a fair bit and done a fair bit of drugs it would be hard to imagine theres much left. Not that I was ever like full blown addict though

>it would be hard to imagine theres much left.
Rejoice, brains are resilient as fuck. IQ's don't vary much across a life, so it's not like you've destroyed it.

Might be worth a try.

What is the Collective Unconscious? Carl Jung wrote about it.

Merely shared collective memories/instincts in which he found the archetypes. Take everything in psychoanalysis with a grain of salt.

Fear of snakes and such would fall into that category.

Well right now I've been up for like 3 days so it'll be another 2 before I am close to normal. Not sure if knowing how smart I am will change anything. I just lack motivation. I have no real desires or goals. Which I am alright with but could be the anxiety/depression/apathy. Or it could be me not knowing what I want and just thinking I have to do what other people are doing. I used to think about introspective stuff when I took acid but now I just watch movies and anime lmao. Not that acid is a surrogate mental health professional

Doesn't involve running a confidence game on the public...

Do you think people choose to change themselves because they want to, or to appeal to the scrutiny of others?

My dad is an asshole and no one in our family appreciates him, and he gets along with no one in his life, why doesn't he choose to change? I know he's lonely.

Why do some enjoy watching their wife or spouse be sexually used by others? What's the psychology behind this, and is it common/normal?

How do you feel about isolation and echo chambers being the primary stimulants of the consumer industry influencing susceptible youth to an incalculable degree?

Do you have thoughts based on facts that you must push from your mind in order to be helpful psycologically?

Both. Though people do more or less of one or the other based on their mental states. They may be more or less concerned with how they appear to others, or themselves if they have had to accept certain levels of depression to deal with unresolved issues. Lonliness is a big part of depression, people are social by nature.

In my experience there are good and bad psychiatrists, and psycologists. Conveniently seperated in the event you don't wish to be medicated but just want to talk to someone. Just like a lot of other therapies.

There are some things that one can analyze but for the complexityof logic and perspective it would take to decipher and the almost certain fruitless and pitiful answer that would result keep a person from dwelling on certain things past the extent of everyone has things they secretly like that are fine if you keep secret, kind of dirty if you start talking about them. I am sure there is some outdated Freudian reasearch on the subject that isn't put to use because people are no longer shocked to that degree or necessarily comfortable sharing their most core thoughts and motivations with anyone else.