Random question, looking for immediate reactions, so dont look it up or anything

Random question, looking for immediate reactions, so dont look it up or anything.

How intelligent would you imagine a Phoenix would be, if they existed based on your understanding?

Attached: Phoenix-Fabelwesen.jpg (1024x896, 615K)

I think phoenixes can communicate telepathically. They’re a mystical bird but don’t have the vocal cords to communicate in words

I read a book as a child where a very old phoenix was very intelligent and learned, conversed with a human boy and taught him life lessons. Then he self-immolated and was reborn and didn't recognize the boy or understand his words and just flew away to do phoenix stuff.

Just another dumb bird.

Moderately intelligent
Prob comparable to an eagle or owl

I'd say something like this
Making it too intelligent makes it less interresting imo

Interesting, but how intelligent would they be? That just describes their communication ability.

Interesting as well...Do phoenixes then not retain memories when they're reborn? I hadnt thought about that.

Heh. Maybe

Makes sense, but do you mean real owl, or fantasy version wise owl?

Ehh, Im not actually going with a 'Phoenix'.

I'd say more intelligent than any non-mythical bird. Maybe more so than a person in their own way. Even without the rebirth, living for such a long time with each lifespan would surely make for an intelligent creature if they start off with a logical mind.

Intelligent as fuck, prolly more than humans, but not intelligent like humans.

Attached: bb2.jpg (1000x666, 227K)

Wait, how long is a lifespan? Like, from 1 rebirth to 1 immolation?

How would their intelligence differ from a humans?

Greater intelligence than non mythical birds.
Moderate intelligence compared to other mythical creatures.
Less than dragons, greater than sphynx.

Thank you for a very specific reply. Thats kind of where I started, though I'm almost doubting they WOULD be that intelligent. It feels like it would depend how said Phoenix has spent its life, unless it just magically possesses a certain amount of knowledge.

And again, whether they retain memories through rebirths.

Like a raven or some other above average bird?

So capable of basic reasoning and problem solving, but not so much intellectual as we'd consider a person?

A lot of modern sources seem to say around 500 years, but the first Greek who wrote about them put their lifespan at between 80-100,000 years (and then Nymphs ten times that). Doesn't specify if that's between rebirths or the absolute total.

Well thats a big question. I thought a Phoenix's cycle was perpetual, which would suggest that being a single lifetime. I'll do more research on my own, thanks for the interesting path, but im mostly looking for how people today envision them anyway.

i figure it would have the basic intelligence of a person, the longer the phoenix lives the smarter it gets, but its intelligence gets purged when it restarts its cycle.

>Making it too intelligent makes it less interresting imo
That's dumb as shit.

well, they have telepathics, wise, intelligencia, but i don't see birds having civilizations and making wonderful shit like pic related.

Considering it's a bird, not that smart. Though I'm guessing smart enough not to fly into a closed window.

It's a bird. It flies. Has healing tears.

like an owl on a shit ton of weed ayahuasca and steriods combined with a raven extremified

Attached: F44130BD-2213-4140-B480-B405BDBF2A6D.gif (398x254, 1.89M)

As smart as any other parrot-type bird, smarter than most kids but that's about it

Makes sense, thanks

I think I get what you mean now

Is that a real Phoenix thing, or a harry potter thing?

So its superbird?

>
you think a dragons that intelligent? they have the mind of a crocodile, they're just beastly beasts, compared to a human esque god with a lion body?

What differentiates a beastly beast from a regular beast?

Why healing tears?

Im just saying it's intelligent the same way an owl and a raven exept on a beyond-human scale

nothing lol.

So it'd be hyper-intelligent, but in bird-like areas only? Or are you just saying its smarter than humans?

yes, kind of. in owl terms, both mystical, and real.

Gotcha

Quotes Phil collins songs
Intelligence of a toaster oven
Heart of gold

Attached: 4726634.png (390x459, 290K)