Do you guys think that psychological checks in addition to background checks would be beneficial when applying to get a...

Do you guys think that psychological checks in addition to background checks would be beneficial when applying to get a gun permit? That way only mentally sound people can purchase guns, which means that people can't take your guns away.

Attached: 2nd-amendment-pic.jpg (1501x1013, 267K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncsl.org/research/civil-and-criminal-justice/possession-of-a-firearm-by-the-mentally-ill.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

all gun laws are unconstitutional. repeal the NFA. fuck the ATF.

Yeah, but do you think we should ensure mentally stable individuals get their hands on guns rather than unstable individuals?

ncsl.org/research/civil-and-criminal-justice/possession-of-a-firearm-by-the-mentally-ill.aspx

uh yeah.

WHY ARE ALL THESE GUN THREADS GETTING POSTED FUCK OFF SAGE

Yea Forums is fucking stoopid , how the fuck can an aspiring young shooter post his manifesto on this garbage dump?

Ok, I’ll bite. How would that work? If the person has never sought psychiatric treatment or been diagnosed or taken meds, how would you know? Give everyone a psych eval? What would you look for? People likely to be mass shooters, or who may be suicidal (reminder that suicides make up more 60% of firearm deaths)? Plenty of people who commit atrocities could pass a psych eval.

Because it's a place where people will agree with him.

mentally sound people don't want to shoot anyone

There's already plenty of psychological tests available that can try and identify people's mental issues. There are also tests that can diagnose mental illnesses. There's test for pretty much anything to determine how safe you are. For example, there's tests that can help determine how likely you are to start fires. Obviously you'd look for suicidal thoughts, behaviors etc, as well as delusions, psychosis, anger issues, anything that could potentially cause a human to go shoot someone.

In my country we change the constitution constantly. The objective of the laws is to serve the people, avoid the suffering and improve the quality of life.

there's no real way to do that. the stigma about mental health of mass shooters is just a way to move the blame. any shooter can be of any mental state - hate is not a mental issue. im sure at least one shooter has truly believed what he did was right (assuming the conspiracy theories aren't true).

guns shouldn't be banned in any capacity. imagine giving up any useful means to defend yourself against someone whose only intent is to harm you. unthinkable.

I agree with you. Guns shouldn't be banned. But I feel if there was a way to reduce the doubts of others that shootings'll happen again, then maybe they'll think twice about taking guns away. If there's more checks on how gun permits are given people will ultimately feel better about people having high capacity guns and such

In first world countries, the right win is religious and conservative and is against weapons. Why USA goes in the opposite direction.

If there are no guns, niggers will stop killing people and white people will stay safer.

you're probably right, but feasibly, I don't know if there is a way to do that, especially now. i would love if people would stop trying to take my guns, but i realize how hard it is to change people's mind in a time like this.

You dont need a permit to buy a gun. You dont need a permit to carry a gun.
Criminals dont follow laws, only law abiding people follow laws.

Honestly we go on about mental health checks but we ignore that it's a state by state rule whether you have to report to the mental health board. Which is one of the boards they check with a background check. We need to seal up that problem first. Having a psych check isn't a bad idea as well but we can't move forward and make reasonable changes that imploy logic instead of just raw emotion is the path to change. That and concentrating on real education. However most politicians concentrate on the mass response of "make guns harder to get" and "doing it for the children" to make most meaningful changes. Restricting things like mag size and what guns you can buy doesn't stop people from getting guns in states where docs aren't required to report to these boards nor does it stop someone who has mental issues that are not present on the surface to get guns. Hell it doesn't even prevent people who snap one day and kill their whole family. All in all we need to think not just lead with our hearts.

Fuckin duh

as of now, the republican party has done more to infringe on our 2nd amendment rights than the last two democratic presidents did. at least trump has.

how about we get three members of your family to sign for responsibility when you buy a gun, and if you fuck up with said gun, they are held responsible?

Attached: 6af22d5c4d46cc182c7424f7a7649c96.jpg (614x768, 58K)

That's actually a really good idea

Fuck it I'll take the bait. And what would we do about (mostly) sane individuals that just want to commit atrocities? People who are mentally stable but want to shoot? Or if you get a gun and a year or two down the line your mind becomes twisted? Or someone who is otherwise fine who just decides to snap? Sure a psych eval will keep some people from getting guns who shouldn't have them, but what about your just everyday psychos? Intelligent murderers who have a plan? A psych eval can weed out some people who have mental issues but what about murderers who could sit in a room and maintain composure and answer questions correctly?

Typically, psychological evaluations can detect psychos. I know someone who seemed totally fine but suffered from some mental issues. They tested him and it turns out he had psychosis. No one could tell what was wrong with him. If you give enough data to a psychologist they can detect problems if you have them. Psychological evals aren't based on composure, they're based on data. They could lie but people would notice something wasn't right.

Psych eval is probably not gonna do much. But stricter laws should be in place. You should have to have a license and register your weapon like you do with a car.

I’m not saying “ban guns and open the borders hurr durr” but if these motherfuckers were running around with flamethrowers burning up everyone, the general consensus wouldn’t be to give everyone a flamethrower so they could burn him before he burned up the mall.

It would be “Why the fuck does everyone just have flamethrowers for no goddamn reason?”

In my country, this is how you eliminate your political opposition.

Lol americans are so smart.

Attached: 1564197452583.png (480x270, 218K)

How about we just repeal the bill that grants amnesty to gun makers for the things people do with their products? That should work quickly.

Right away we'll get "smart" guns that only fire if they recognize your fingerprints (or you have the fob in your pocket).

Cool slippery slope you got there bud.

With 292 mass shootings so far this year, we're going for a new record. The most kills in one year EVAH! We're #1! MAGA!

Considering psychology is a bogus “science,” no.

Why isn't the law that absolves gun makers of responsibility for gun use an illegal gun law? I thought government wasn't supposed to make any laws affecting the right to bear arms.

I just want guns to be treated like any other consumer product. All other manufacturers have to pay when their products cause injury and deaths.

ALL of them?
What if someone that went on a shooting spree somehow got released from prison.
Should that person be allowed to own firearms?

I do but unfortunately those in charge will go down that slippery slope in order to label anyone they don’t like as mentally ill in order to confiscate their firearms. It’s necessary to keep it out of the hands of these psychotics, but then where will the line be drawn? I think the writing is on the wall.

So we should abolish all laws?

It's so easy to make a gun that kids can't accidentally shoot themselves with, yet we lose 1,300 kids and wound 5,750 per year due to gun accidents.

That was already tried in the legal system, but a special law was passed exempting them. Guns, unlike other "consumer products" are intended to be able to cause injury and deaths. As long as they work as designed, you can't sue. It's not a flaw, it's a feature.

>Have you ever used anti-depressants?
Sorry, no rights for you.

That would make too much sense, who would not want that....*Retardlicans gasp in horror*

Ahh right, those fucking douchebags.

also violent felons should get to vote

Really? Because i cant even get my phone to recognize my print in the first couple tries. Faggot.

Just like if you have a medical weed card you can't own a gun?

the problem with that is as soon as they are labeled unfit for a gun, what else are they now unfit to do? they shouldn't drive because a car can be used against a crowd. they can't buy garden fertilizer, they shouldn't have knives, or anything that can harm someone because they are mentally unstable and it would be stated at a government level.

>unconstitutional

republicans only care when its the democrats violating the constitution

dont worry,trump is blaming it on violent video games.just like any other left wing retard would

Anyone with half a brain can take sanity.

Do you hear voices...No
Do you ever hurt anyone....No
Do you go to 4 ban or Reddit...Reddit
Do you ever feel depressed, manic etc....No

Here is your gun have a nice day.

And mass shootings are rare as fuck. Its all emotional reasoning.

40,000 die from vehicle crashes every year.

Masse shooting...maybe 200 per year out of a population on 350 million.

Gun permits are unconstitutional