Found this literally just now on my documents folder. I have no idea how it got there. Now, I'm not an idiot...

Found this literally just now on my documents folder. I have no idea how it got there. Now, I'm not an idiot. I am a huge cryptography nerd and I know for a fact that the text is ADFGX Cipher, however I need a passcode and the character board to decrypt it, so we might as well forget about it. Also on the top there's some kind of hash (probably md5), but I have been unable to crack it. Can you help me with it?

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-08-02 05-22-32.png (1366x768, 638K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADFGVX_cipher)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fuck it ill bite.
the md5 has is cracked almost instantly with rock you.

Attached: lucy77.png (759x664, 296K)

If you want me to do the cipher for you too copy paste it in here cuz i aint typing all that shit out.

assuming not a troll syntax you're looking for is
hashcat -m 0 -a 0 hash.txt /usr/share/wordlists/rockyou.txt
online cracker would probably also get it,

sure hope you don't use root as your default user

STINKY POOP BUTT HONK HONK

weak troll

every character except x is on the home row of the keyboard. obviously you just typed some gibberish. that's soo cool that you are using linux for the first time, though

it's a cipher, guessing OP is trying to do some CTF and being a dweeb about it.

you're a moron

Literally fucking google it.

i'm not going to google what is obviously keyboard spam. use your eyes

No, it's a cipher. At first I thought it was ADFGVX (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADFGVX_cipher) but this one doesn't have a V at all, so the guy was trying to trick me. It is definitely a similar-type cipher.

Thanks a lot. I actually tried cracking it with rockyou.txt but for some reason it didn't work. It's probably cause im using my own tool, and I am not known for my coding skills. I will have to check whats wrong with it. Thanks again.

Attached: smug aqua.jpg (325x396, 21K)

Do you think that if I planed this out I wouldn't at least try to make it more diverse? Now that I am thinking about it, it may be ADFGVX but all the numbers are in the V column/row so it gets used less to trick me, but still, not a single V?

There is also the ADFGX, which is the most likely considering there is no V. At least we know for a fact that there are no numbers because an extra digit would be required

nice quads

no problem, one of the d's in your picture is lower case that will probably fuck up decrypting it depending on how you're doing it as well.

I am not even going to try and decrypt it. It's practically impossible. The username is what I am interested in.

Hi guys, any recomendations to start into practical cryptography?
I know programing( C++/ Python) and the next year start my phd in Math, so I knew some of the theory behind it.
Thanks in advance.

well im this invested. post the text of the ciper in here if you can and ill take a look at it.

What are you looking to do code crypto, or decrypt it or make your own etc.?

You can code a lot of basic ciphers in python easily. RSA is probably the easiest one that can be coded that is practical.