Why do people keep trying to increase their life expectancies?, there's no quality

Why do people keep trying to increase their life expectancies?, there's no quality.
They should dread the thought of winding up in a nursing home if they actually live that long.
75 seems like the right age for a Logan's Run type scenario.

Attached: 465467578876.jpg (750x519, 114K)

Fear of death. Everyone fears death especially those who say they don't, with the exception of sociopaths.

>Fear of death
there ya go

A lot of people might fear HOW they might die, but death itself is nothing to fear imo

i agree

i watched all 4 of my grandparents rot in those nursing homes, constantly being raped and spending day after day covered in shit. thankfully i dont have any of that long term care insurance and will be thrown out in the streets when im old, fuck dying in one of those festering shit holes

As somebody who's worked in healthcare almost 11 years, I will never put a loved one in a long term care facility. The rampant abuse, filth, and theft drove me to drinking until I stopped working nursing homes and started working in smaller environments.

>constantly being raped

Attached: 1551756428292.jpg (337x367, 95K)

There is no heaven, dumbass. Or soul, or god or any of that shit.
Anything is better than disappearing from the universe.
If i never get enough money to pay ALCOR, i climb some tall mountain and cover myself in snow until i die frozen to be discovered again in 200 years.

>Anything is better than disappearing from the universe

you wouldn't be saying that shit if you had ever faced a real problem in your life

Your logic makes no sense. No one knows what transpires after death but you're saying we should not fear it. If there's one thing in the world to be absolutely fearful of it's what occurs at the moment of death.

Makes perfect sense. Death is most certainly like a deep eternal sleep.You won't feel or think anything about it, you're just gone. We are held up by flesh, blood and bones, like most animals. You really think something "special" awaits them and us all? How you might die tho could be extremely painful and drawn out. That is something I fear.

William Burroughs talks about an arcade where a young man cries out as he realizes he's lost his youth to a cunning old man in some weird game. I want to play that game and beat some punk millennial.

There's the flaw in your logic. You're convinced that death is a deep eternal sleep but you can't possibly know this for sure. There isn't one person out of the almost 8 billion of us who knows for sure. I'm an atheist so I don't think there's something special that awaits me, all I am saying is I'll never know exactly what happens and that bothers me.

hopefully user meant psychologically

how about kill yourself and end the bother? (everyone else's too)

How about you eat my dick, faggot.
You seem stupid to me.

I'm 66 and agree with everything except having a set age. As long as I can take care of myself and not be a drain I'll keep going. I absolutely will an hero before I become a nursing home vegetable, but not at any specific age. I'll know when it's time.

I'm not afraid being dead. I'm afraid of the dying process.

I'm OK with death if there's ice cream.

ahhh mr. "there is a flaw in your logic" is mad

You can fear both ya know.

Fear it or not. Nobody gets out alive.

>Why do people keep trying to increase their life expectancies?

i don't. i live a really bad lifestyle and i hope i'll die pretty soon.

in response to some of the other anons, i have some belief in a soul, unfortunately. i astral projected from my body on two occasions, and that was pretty significant. however, i have no proof that the "soul" or ability or whatever will last after i am dead. i did see a disembodied soul during one of the two occasions, though. that leads me to believe the soul might be able to go on.