Ask a Schizophenic anything

Ask a Schizophenic anything.
I may take a while to respond, be patient.
Free (you)s for all posters!

Attached: 77ef624df2ec6c5dfa6a9d8c411b8375.jpg (1195x669, 58K)

I remember you you posted this before I asked if you were scared of death and how often you jerk off. Dont remember your answers how you doing buddy? Still shinobu?

>I asked if you were scared of death
I vaguely remember someone asking this. No, I am not scared of death.
>and how often you jerk off
Something like once or twice a day? Sometimes more, sometimes less.
>how you doing buddy?
Okay, I suppose. How about yourself?

Attached: 1491281329921.png (542x767, 739K)

doing alright travelling through Europe at the minute. My question for you is does your schizophrenia vary any? Is it worse at some points rather than other is their any pattern?

goodnight sweet prince

Attached: 43404726-attractive-male-model-looking-at-camera-with-makeup-and-multicolor-beard-studio-shot-gray-b (1300x1300, 146K)

>doing alright
Good to hear.
>through Europe at the minute.
That's pretty cool. What part of Europe are you in at the moment?
>My question for you is does your schizophrenia vary any? Is it worse at some points rather than other
It varies a lot, as do most mental conditions.
I get mood swings, super high highs and super low lows, akin to Bipolar.
>is their any pattern?
Other than up and down? Not that I've noticed.
>goodnight sweet prince
Pardon?

Attached: 1470259661874.png (836x1000, 302K)

Linz on the Rhine in Germany. It's a nice little town, but I'm just passing through. What continent do you live on?

Attached: Linz.jpg (720x1280, 662K)

>Linz on the Rhine in Germany.
Looks like a very comfy place to live.
>What continent do you live on?
'Merica.

Attached: 1537440117719.jpg (1080x1920, 513K)

I very rarely come to b how often do you make these threads?

Attached: I5mvH47WgWm187kpFgOaELONZQAdrbS4yFAexbO5gxd.jpg (461x615, 40K)

>I very rarely come to b how often do you make these threads?
Not very often. I used to make them fairly often, but I tend to fall off the planet for long periods of time.

Attached: 1469699472074.jpg (785x1001, 756K)

Do you think there's an objective reality?

>Do you think there's an objective reality?
That's not a matter of opinion. There objectively is an objective reality. It just cannot be observed by humans; due to the fact that we observe through our nervous system. Which leads to any observation being subjective.

Attached: 1492660687835.jpg (738x1000, 146K)

The ubermensch achieves victory over his own weak nature and becomes a vehicle of pure thought, by organizing the contents and flow of his mind, even deep subconscious ones, and through willpower. Schizophrenia is disconnection with reality, which implies that the vehicle itself is broken..
How in control of your own mind are you? How does it feel knowing that you cannot trust your own consciousness?

How did you end up diagnosed as schizophrenic? What are your symptoms?

Are you sure? How can you confidently state that there is something outside of our own awareness? It is unlikely, but everything we see might be a lurid vision shared by madmen known as the human race.

>There objectively is an objective reality. It just cannot be observed by humans;
You're making an assumption that this thing that's impossible to perceive must exist. That's like god belief without the pressure to be nice.

>How in control of your own mind are you?
I have a fair amount of control over my own mind most of the time. Sometimes I lose control for a while and get overwhelmed by my own thoughts though.
>How does it feel knowing that you cannot trust your own consciousness?
It's not my consciousness I cannot trust. It's the thoughts.
I cannot describe the feeling of being unable to trust your own thoughts. There is no physical feeling to it, nor is there an emotion tied to it.
>How did you end up diagnosed as schizophrenic?
By seeing a psychologist, took a few months.
>What are your symptoms?
Auditory hallucinations, disorganized speech, often I say stuff that is just a mash up of letters with no meaning to it.
Occasional visual hallucinations. Delusional thinking
I'm sure there's more but I can't think of them off the top of my head at the moment.

Attached: 1468872387355.jpg (712x438, 116K)

Do you get anxious or distressed by these rogue thoughts? I'm not schizophrenic but when I have a bad thought, sometimes it takes over my entire mind and it honestly distresses me a lot.
Do you do drugs by the way?

>Are you sure?
More sure than I can convey to you.
>How can you confidently state that there is something outside of our own awareness?
If there is nothing outside of our awareness then how do we exist? How can we inhabit a place which does not exist?
>t is unlikely, but everything we see might be a lurid vision shared by madmen known as the human race.
Everything we see IS exactly that. Everything you see is constructed in your brain. Period.
Everything you experience is you. You can't experience the universe. You and it are separate entities.
>You're making an assumption that this thing that's impossible to perceive must exist.
I never said it was impossible to perceive. I said it was subjectively perceived by everyone.
You cannot observe objective reality, because it is filtered through your senses, and thus becomes subjective.
Your observations is subject to how you feel, how you grew up, what you ate that day. Strictly not objective, that's all.
>That's like god belief without the pressure to be nice.
That's essentially what my belief system is.
The universe is God. It cares not what I do, nor what you do. It just exists, as do you, and I.
"good", "evil", and "nice" are all just human constructs. Societal pressures are what pressure you into doing something "nice". Not God.

Attached: 1471473589540.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

>Do you get anxious or distressed by these rogue thoughts?
Anxiety is my primary emotion, so yes.
Over the years I've learned to cope with the thoughts more, so I don't get completely overwhelmed by them as easily.
>sometimes it takes over my entire mind and it honestly distresses me a lot.
Rightfully so. Negative thought-loops are no laughing matter. If you find yourself having those frequently you may wish to see someone regarding them.
>Do you do drugs by the way?
I some weed occasionally. I wish I had the money to smoke more.

Attached: 1470932883625.png (1417x1945, 1.83M)

you seem very lucid and intelligent for a schizophrenic, the few i know are batshit insane and near impossible to hold a coherent conversation with

>you seem very lucid
It's very easy to seem lucid on the internet. I can read my thoughts, and change them.
I'm also just fairly lucid at the moment. It's not always like that though.
>and intelligent for a schizophrenic
There are many intelligent Schizophrenics. It's can just be difficult to weed out the nonsense delusional thoughts and thus they appear less intelligent. Or, that's my experience with speaking with other Schizophrenics.

Attached: 1527375802618.jpg (1131x1600, 320K)

Bumpkin

well im not a schizo and i have nonsense delusional thoughts too like all humans i assume, although prob less in quantity than you
i always thought schizophrenia was more about not being able to distinguish the 2

Should I watch monogatari :^)

>delusional thoughts too like all humans i assume
Almost everyone has delusional thoughts at some point in their life, yes.
There's also a statistic that's something like 60% of people will experience psychosis in their lifetime.
>i always thought schizophrenia was more about not being able to distinguish the 2
Not quite. Delusional thoughts can't really be distinguished from non delusional thoughts by the thinker(at least not while they are happening).

As with all mental disorders, they're categorized by how much disorder they cause you.
For example, psychosis can be caused by a lot of things. Stress, trauma, etc.
What differentiates Schizophrenia from just having a psychotic break is the frequency.
Someone who has a psychotic break every few months, or weeks even; is likely Schizophrenic (or a whole host of other mental disorders)
But someone who has a psychotic break once and then return to life normally. Is just a normal person.
I hope that makes sense.

Attached: 1471473740370.png (1807x953, 1M)

Obviously.

Attached: 1471449191007.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

I'm a schizophrenic too man, I know the struggle, it's been 3 years since I've been diagnosed. Meds make it all easier but somehow it's sad to live with this the rest of your life.
However, have fun, my voices will send greetings to yours.

Attached: sonicccc.png (402x307, 269K)

>Shinobu

as for questions...
Anything interesting happening?

Attached: greivoustakesthecake.gif (640x320, 1.85M)

>I'm a schizophrenic too man
Sorry to hear that, friend.
>it's sad to live with this the rest of your life.
That's life for you though.
>my voices will send greetings to yours.
If I hear them I will say hello.
>Anything interesting happening?
Right now? No.
I'm just sitting around waiting for some friends to show up eventually.

Attached: 1470634259891.jpg (513x770, 69K)

Im pretty sure im not actually schizophrenic, but could extreme paranoia be some form of symptom regardless? I personally have incredibly hard time trusting people, and for those who are close to me, I keep fearing they either keep talking behind my back, cheat on me or just straight up hate me without saying it directly. Other irritating thoughts too but those are the main ones.

>but could extreme paranoia be some form of symptom regardless?
Paranoia is a symptom of many things.
Paranoia alone isn't enough to qualify a diagnosis though.

I'm no doctor, but from how you describe it; it sounds like it could be some form of personality "disorder".
Do some research into Cluster A personality disorders. You may find something helpful.

Attached: 1468829513659.gif (500x281, 350K)

Would you kill yourself for me please?
You know you want it, it's only matter of time until things get a lot worse.
You will get older and uglier and lonely.

Grab that knife, cut those veins. It will feel fine.

I'm your voice. It's time to die
Death is good and better than growing older

>Would you kill yourself for me please?
Maybe later, I've got plans today.
Also, who will take care of my dog? You, user? I think not.
>I'm your voice.
If you're my voice, how are you you?
>Death is good and better than growing older
Practice what you preach.

If your cult leader said to drink the coolaid, but didn't drink it himself. Don't you think that would be a cause for concern? I do.

Attached: 1471472547798.png (1419x822, 1011K)

Trump

oh look, right when the logposter comes back, coincidentally this child comes back, and with the same. exact. pictures.

just like the logposter, using the same.exact.pictures...
report, sage inerry

>oh look, right when the logposter comes back
>Oh look at this all the people who leave during the summer come back once it ends
I WONDER WHY user

Attached: 1471449159716.png (1395x1079, 1.89M)

lmao summer isnt over...
autism thread: school child edition
/thread

i miss when spidey posters would deal with these threads

its called you hide thread, im literally unhiding this and coming back to thethread just to tell you to do this, jesus how new are you.

>lmao summer isnt over...
That's weird, why does the local school bus come pick up all the kids from my neighborhood every morning then?
Why was it last week when I went past the highschool I saw all those kids leaving school?
They must've just been there for fun.

Attached: 1471474672399.png (1875x866, 1.15M)

>i miss when spidey posters would deal with these threads
Spidey will be missed. He was always fun. Who knows, maybe he'll show up again.
He usually does after a few days.
>im literally unhiding this and coming back to thethread just to tell you to do this
>He thinks you have to unhide a thread to reply to it
kek no wonder you think it's still summer.
You are summer.

Attached: 1469082823261.jpg (1920x1080, 181K)

Hm eso

>Hm eso
....What?

Attached: 1470580634307.png (1920x1080, 1.39M)

hello hello, I love you all

;-)

Attached: Osomatsu.png (717x370, 226K)

>hello hello
Hi.
>it is good to see you, yellow friend!
It's good to see you too, user.
>I hope that you have been well.
I have been alright. Have you been well?
>;-)
>

Attached: 1471484177034.jpg (1920x816, 121K)

I am doing my best

You've heard the news? Lucifer has fallen.

Where dude you leave the note? They need it.

>I am doing my best
Glad to hear.
>I did not see your threads for a very long time!
I had to disappear for a while.

>Lucifer has fallen.
Lucifer fell many years ago, how do you think he wound up in hell?
>Where dude you leave the note? They need it.
Notes are for pussies.

Attached: 1492212472279.jpg (1280x720, 131K)

I see

Hey man. I’ve been diagnosed with BPD a few years back. Heard voices for a month last year and it scared the living shit out of me. How did you feel when you got diagnosed?

Attached: F03A0AC8-D92C-4844-B7E7-82C9154D73F6.jpg (456x810, 33K)

Hm are you eso ?

>I am glad that you are still alright and hopefully safe
Thanks, user.
I should remain safe unless a stray lightning bolt strikes my house.
>Hey man.
Howdy.
>Heard voices for a month last year and it scared the living shit out of me.
Yeah they can give you a real spook if you're not prepared for that shit.
>How did you feel when you got diagnosed?
About the diagnosis? I didn't feel one way or the other, honestly. Nothing changed, I was the same before I was diagnosed as I was after.
I know that isn't really an answer, but I don't got anything else.
>Hm are you eso ?
Are YOU eso?

Attached: 1471484634256.png (409x378, 236K)

A man can dream

Attached: image0-3.jpg (2208x1242, 219K)

Sorry friends.
I must cut this short, as I am expecting company directly.
I will catch you all next time, whoever is still lingering around.

Attached: 1527277301080.jpg (1440x2047, 280K)

Interesting

Which one of you are we talking to?