Why do people correlate obnoxiousness with lack of intelligence?

Why do people correlate obnoxiousness with lack of intelligence?

Some of the smartest people I know are highly deviant societal rejects. I've watched them obliterate people intellectually, but people still don't respect their knowledge.

Do dumb people expect smart people to only be nice and kind?

Attached: 1564485882828.jpg (768x1024, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yeah duh, they're dumb. like you.

Or maybe people just don't want to give those they find annoyingly obnoxious any acknowledgement. Do smart people expect dumb people to tolerate their annoying behavior and attitudes without questioning them?
OP is a faggot.

>some of the smartest people I know
So 100 iq? 105?

"the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is. It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability. Without the self-awareness of metacognition, people cannot objectively evaluate their competence or incompetence."
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

>people

IQ is distributed in a bell curve
"imagine how stupid the average person is, then think about how half of the human population is stupider than that" - george carlin

OP here. I like how no one wants to acknowledge there are smart obnoxious assholes who know things.

This is always brought up in intelligence convos. It's like Godwin's law for intelligence

I've met some smart assholes in my time. I think they are only assholes because they were rejects most of their life and this is a way to compensate for it.

It's annoying because when you actually go to befriend them they dont know what befriending looks like because they have been outcasts all their life.

thats called autism

"using quotation marks"
>for things that should be written in meme arrows

Attached: ISHYGDDT.jpg (303x287, 44K)

what exactly happened ? youre some autist who tried to shine and act smart around people but the crowd just responded with "fuck off retard" ?

Nah,

The truth is I have a retarded friend who believes in flat Earth and doesn't believe in countries like Australia.

He says it's a giant hoax by all the world leaders to make it appear if the world is round.

Guy still want to defend the 'tard and call me an autistic fool?

This

Nah that's just knowing the earth is round and not flat. Doesn't take autism to understand

By the way, I guess it's wrong of me to insist on the world being round? I'm a jerk? Right guys?

A lot of the people obnoxiously flaunting their knowledge dicks aren’t actually that intelligent. I know a few of that group you’re talking about; they’re the slightly above average/gifted kids who flaunt their MENSA cards and IQ tests while trying to find someone to correct because they don’t have any real accomplishments. Real geniuses don’t have to constantly reaffirm that they’re geniuses to everyone else. You can see this well by comparing a low level research professor, normally dicks because they’re angry at their lack of accomplishments by 60, versus the Nobel Laureate leading the department.

But yeah I do agree with you OP that there are smart obnoxious people. It’s just normally there are smarter more sociable people everyone would rather deal with. No need to listen to John’s drawn out pretentious answer to a question when I can tell him to shut the fuck up and listen to Randy.

If the obnoxiousness is defensive, they're retards. All I hear when they get mad

"YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME!?"

Because obnoxious people ARE dumb you autist

I'm dumb and this offends me.