Why do you use Tor when it's known that the police monitor exit nodes...

Why do you use Tor when it's known that the police monitor exit nodes? Even if you're not using tor for anything illegal, they know what you deepweb pages you're looking at which defeats the whole point of deepweb privacy.

Attached: tor_logo-100646674-primary.idge.jpg (620x413, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vice.com/en_us/article/kb7kza/the-fbi-used-a-non-public-vulnerability-to-hack-suspects-on-tor
quora.com/Is-TOR-really-the-only-thing-the-NSA-FBI-can-t-hack-into
nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2019/01/09/zerodiums-waving-fatter-payouts-for-zero-day-bug-hunters/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

so if its monitored why do dealers still get away with selling narcotics and why are there still servers connected to it with illegal content?

The same reason a farmer doesn't just slaughter all their cows/sheep and sell them in one batch. You let it keep going and ensure a steady stream of people falling for the honeypots.

sounds like entrapment

>seize narcotics from king pins
>sell it through their system
profit

>when people think tor is the "deep web"

Attached: 1535352985309.jpg (1000x553, 395K)

low effort / andor out of date

i use TOR cause paying fr a VPN is pointless and stupid.

they dont know that "you" are looking at those pages - they only know that "someone" does, because the source of the connection is obfuscated / encrypted by the onion network

as long as you dont send identifying traffic, they have no way of finding out your identity. not even your country. not even the continent.

information packets can be identified and matched with entry and exit nodes, if they can get this data tracking u after that is just a standard IP look up, this means that they can know who u are if they do the work, id be more worried about data thief's than i would .Gov

Just don't use nodes in America or major EU countries or forum users named "FIVE-0"

I use TOR because it keeps my breath fresh and sweet

>can
I'd argue it cant, by any reasonable stretch of imagination and resource investment.
but yes, lets assume an exit node's traffic can be matched to an entry node. Why would any government do this, just to find out the source belongs to a country that they have no jurisdiction over?

When people look for reasons to be assholes

they wouldn't not unless it was part of a larger operation,I suppose that if your not running the silk road chances are nobody gives a fuck.

>Let me argue for ops position even though I know it's false then immediately backpedal into hypotheticals
neck yourself swine

They'd have to be actively involved in tricking people into selling or buying the drugs for it to be entrapment.

to my knowledge packet sizes are identifiable, the difficulty in matching them up is based on traffic volume. limiting the amount of data sent limits the packet sizes and is therefor easier to loose,
thats basically how i understand it.

even for an operation as large as Silk Road, they didnt match the exit and entry node traffic (because thats military-grade impossible)
they wrote an exploit for the firefox base browser bundle and infected everyone using the site with a potent malware which then called home from their real IP
if it was easy to identify TOR users, they would just fucking do that instead, and also tell their own worldwide spy network to stop using it first

anyone got a download or website for paradisebirds casey video/s?

nice try, fbi

well do you atleast know how to find any

don't know, don't care, won't even try
stay away from this shit, user, or enjoy your v&

i thought the guy that they took down for silk road 1 was ratted out.

How does entrapment get used the wrong way so much? If your intention is to do something illegal on your own without being coerced, and you dont know police are watching you, then you get busted, that's not entrapment

Exit nodes are chosen randomly, and their origination point is unknown, so...

if its bait its entrapment imo.

The answer is simple: IT-fags know it is insecure against govt surveilance, so they use it as protection against corporate surveilance. There are other measures to protect against the govt.
But why does the average Jose use it? Easy answer is that they don't know that most nodes are govt nodes and how screen, browser, javascript, flash and mac can identify any tor user.

For americans, (((they))) need to disclose exactly how they know it was you and that isd always a closely held secret they won't give up unless it really matters. I'm of course talking about minecraft.

>(((they)))
(((they))) already disclosed they have a zero day for tor and own most nodes
vice.com/en_us/article/kb7kza/the-fbi-used-a-non-public-vulnerability-to-hack-suspects-on-tor
quora.com/Is-TOR-really-the-only-thing-the-NSA-FBI-can-t-hack-into

seems to me that americans have created an internet boogie man in the form of the government.
truth is interpol or someone like that would have to look after something of this nature and those types of organisations are a mess they are 20 years behind on everything and rely on hands on ground work not hacker spy's to get sites or networks taken down.

Your opinion is irrelevant.

So many people who know fuckall about technology speak with such authority...

any info on mechanism of how they manage to infect Firefox? Were users with disabled js also targeted?

The safest crime in a world of bank robbers is a shoplifter.

possible, the browser bundle exploit could have been for a different site

can be used to match a session to another session, not really to match the user with his real identity

>Nov 29 2016
this is already out of the bag and only worked for a specific, outdated TOR bundle and only IF javascript was enabled

ty

Attached: X0P80zWpuCfXfydxtHwa49LJgAnj6t_kgAbgtQZN.jpg (248x537, 19K)

dont get me started user, if i let loose ill destroy you.

fuck off bot

Then have the top seller of tor exploits for nsa fbi
nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2019/01/09/zerodiums-waving-fatter-payouts-for-zero-day-bug-hunters/
Firefox and tor are due to another zero day that got patched early july again disclosing users

>screen,
this two people are using the same screen resolution
>browser,
these two people downloaded the same TOR bundle
>javascript,
this user is a dummy dum dum
>flash
you are a dummy dum dum
>and mac
??? getting a mac address of a machine requires beyond-browser privileges, e.g malware or viruses and has nothing to do with TOR, only that this can also be done with TOR if the user is sufficiently stupid
>can identify any tor user
still going with "can't"

Thats why you have to use Tor AND VPN that hast No Loga and where you can Buy IT Anonymous With Bitcoins or similar. Von should have also a killswitch

So your arguement relies on a shitty legal loophole?

Just figure out how to use proxy chains and you'll be fine.

>not really to match the user with his real identity
here is a fun thing: even if you watch cp, it is not illegal. It is illegal to store it to be readily available in the future, ie in cache, through upload or through downloads. So you are right, doing illegal shit with tor in the first place is not illegal. The problem arises when a commando is standing at your door and seizing all your equipment, or if you were stupid enough to order something

using a VPN around TOR is eating food with plastic gloves because you fear the food might be poisonous

gg/SqRHjr

just to clarify
so anybody with the resources expertise access etc can find you online and build a profile for you.
linking u to that profile is more difficult and resides with the courts.

enjoy the snuff fags

The "worst" place I go online is Yea Forums. I use firefox's private tab for this so the wife cant see history. I do not use any other method to protect myself. Is this a mistake? Again, Yea Forums is the only "bad" place I go.

and fucking slow too

ty

Attached: dFtf1sH1vn0iOYmWY5qvHsKThEMf7Pqp.jpg (461x615, 40K)

no your fine, nobody cares where u visit and nobody can be 100% invissable it has been researched and its just impossible something will leave a trace even your long range mobile in the back of a van wifi will be found if they set the AI loose on you.

fuck off bot

>>screen,
>this two people are using the same screen resolution
>>browser,
>these two people downloaded the same TOR bundle
here is the joke: each thing alone may mean nothing, but combined websites are able to discern a user in 2 million different people. That is why tor is telling you to resize their browser.
Also mac was a long shot, I know, But once you are on their list, they will monitor your mac

You must be a newfag because Yea Forums is the virgin Mary compared to the whore it used to be.

Attached: 1550199174552.jpg (500x500, 31K)

Nonsense I get weed online through Mr darky web and no probs.

It's fucking weed.

Costs the state 200,000 per prisoner per year, the govt has better shit to do then monitor everyone.

Fuck. They let actual RL child beaters, wife beaters, child fuckers, car thieves etc off all the time with community service, home detention etc.

As if the state will spend 200,000 of it's money on 1 person a year cause they browse the darker.

No one gives a fuck Mr paranoiD.

If you really know what you are doing, it is possible to be very hard to track. The police doesnt have resources enough to track everyone, but honestly, half of you fucking idiots probably use Tor just because you think its cool.

Know that youre just making yourself a target just by downloading that shit. If you have nothing to hide, why use Tor? Its slow a shit too from what I understand.

Also if the NSA doesnt know how to crack something, its probably not on the internet at the moment. Not that you'd know cool hackerboi

that has to do with govt drug policies and not with the security of tor. If I remember right the new market place got busted this year and high value targets around the globe got arrested

downloading and consuming it is illegal in most countries but feel free to check your local law - that argument is bs in most cases tho

they dont raid your home to make a case, they raid your home because they already have sufficient evidence to make one (disclaimer: may not apply to the US)

anyone providing the server and exit nodes, sure. let them build profiles all they want. profiles != real world identity.

>That is why tor is telling you to resize their browser
WRONG. this is why TOR is telling you NOT to resize your browser, so you look exactly the same as everyone else. not sticking out and hiding in the swarm is a core principle of staying anonymous

not nearly as many fuck the world i dont give a fuck anymore edgelords these days.

i think its because they think the internet has rules.

Man you fucking feds are getting desperate if your on here trying to discourage people from using Tor. Why don't you go back to doing your fucking jobs like your supposed to be doing.

They can track only track about 40% of us at any given time. FACT*

Maybe, never went after users, still heaps of drug markets up, all are ethical, no fentanyl

I guess I am. I have had a sort of on again off again rrelationship with Yea Forums for ten years or so. I visit constantly for a week or two, get bored, leave for a couple months, repeat.

>monitor exit nodes

Attached: 1365544581954.jpg (800x600, 38K)

>downloading and consuming it is illegal in most countries but feel free to check your local law - that argument is bs in most cases tho
>they dont raid your home to make a case, they raid your home because they already have sufficient evidence to make one (disclaimer: may not apply to the US)
wrong and wrong.
First the second part: it is called concrete suspicion and when that exists the prosecutor will sign a house search and police will seize all your electronics to see if the suspicion was true or wrong.
For the first part. This counts in almost all western countries, because more than one person can use a pc and more than one person can be in wlan. The funny thing is: this was a raid tactic old Yea Forums used. Hack a person, make their pc slave, download illegal stuff and call police. Laws since then have changed, because understandably without direct proof it can't be shown you were the person viewing it. Compare it to: somebody ordering something illegal through your mail and in the early morning stealing it from your mbox. Police has nothing against you in their hands if they don't find said good in your belongings

Tor pads packets with random data to avoid this sort of attack.

i thought that with javascript disabled you were ok unless there was a zero day

what is that?

I use I2P.
Is it safer than tor?

You are very much misinformed. Interpol and many international law enforcement agencies hire typical "computer forensics experts" and consultants to guide them on what data to collect from other organizations and to process all the data through database query tools.
With timestamped logs and computers running NTP, it is extremely easy to correlate entry and exit node traffic.

how about vuvuzela?

What is it?

Whos Von?

So if it doesn’t work how do people stay anonymous on the internet?

Check out panopticlick, run the test then click on "fingerprinting" in the results. Mine said my fingerprint is unique among the 200,000 tested in the last 45 days. And their data is obviously biased as they probably have more geeks running Linux / Mac than normies with Win10+Chrome.