Anyone else a misanthrope? I don't hate (most) individual people but I fucking despise humanity as a collective

Anyone else a misanthrope? I don't hate (most) individual people but I fucking despise humanity as a collective.

Attached: 1_RW_uiXIkd9pGO6jOIsqGkA.jpg (1000x1000, 73K)

Nope, I'm the opposite, but I do misanthropes should be lined up and shot ISIS execution style. Fucking degenerates make me sick.

Misandrist, but not a misanthrope.

Give me one good reason why misanthropy is wrong. I'm not the type of retard to go out and kill/torture people. I'd rather be left alone.

spreading misantropy spurs mass intolerace and a loss for collective, basically going back to the stone age.

Misantropism contradicts civilization

Then you're only a selective misanthrope if you don't apply that hatred to yourself. Just think of it like this: without humans, everything would be so boring. There'd be no sapient observers, no art, nothing of substance. Just dumbass animals eating and fucking each other for billions of years until the sun goes out.

How edgy.

what about self hating philanthropists

Edgy? I don't really give a shit whether you faggots think I'm cool or retarded or whatever. Humanity as a whole (including myself ) is a cancer. That's my view.

The wired fucking part is it’s only adults that are cancer. We spoil over time.

I'd be friends with someone like that. Seems like a self-esteem issue for someone like that versus the personality disorder that is misanthropy.

No man I fucking hate kids too.

A cancer to what? The earth? Who gives a shit about the earth? All it is useful for is giving us a home. What do you prefer instead? Animals? They don't reciprocate your affections. Fuck'em. Be glad you ain't one of those little shits.

Kids and dogs are why this earth isn’t evil.

nah kids are fucking stupid

And assholes.

unironically kys
if you hate being human, why even be alive?

jeah, not a misantropist but I fucking hate kids with all my heart

I hate everyone equally.

Just cancer in general. Humans really don't deserve the earth. Animals can't help murdering each other. Humans can help not being horrible to each other, we're all just self serving narcissistic cunts.

“I hate and detest that animal called man…” Jonathan Swift.

Yeah, I'm pretty fine with that.

Because I don't really want to die? Misanthropy =/= depression.

Said the guy who recommended eating babies.

To call us animals is an insult to animals.

dude sounds like a fag

No, that's just you. Everyone else is great.

Wrote the guy who doesn't understand satire. Or probably much else.

Nope. We're all horrible creatures. And we've deluded ourselves into thinking we're important.

Then live a forest. You're clearly not even human to begin with.

Thanks, Spicoli

Contradicting civilization is my goal.

Really. You think you're smart because you figured out A Modest Proposal is satire, and other people just don't get that?
Not very bright, user.

No we. Just you. You're horrible.

Not the user you're replying to, but I am a homo sapiens. I am a human. People already hate each other. I just take it a step further and recognize that everyone sucks.

No, you're just a homo. Go fuck a monkey.

Nope. Terrorism, destruction of the earth, mass murder, rape, war, mob mentality, and lots more? Fuck Homo sapiens.

And what are you doing to combat that besides bitching about it? If you want to come and offer no solutions, you may as well not have even came at all.

>Resorting to childish insults once he realizes he cannot counter an argument

No, I made a reference to a genus and how apes are often misattributed as monkeys. You just didn't get it.

I have no idea. I really don't think that we can fix humanity. That being said, we are a whole lot nicer than we were a few thousand years ago, so maybe in the future we'll quit sucking so much.

>I was only PRETENDING to act retarded!
Kys

I feel misanthropic when I am forced to observe the grosser parts of human activity, all while being told to adhere to some kind of idealistic standard. A place of progress, advertised at all levels. Watching someone preach about the environment, and then litter immediately afterwards, with the blankest of looks on their face, really brings it home. There are over a million people like that. A billion if you really look for it.

And somehow, things are supposed to get better for us. They absolutely don't get better with over a billion people whose behavior takes after that. They absolutely don't get better when the things that exceptional men and women have died for, get washed away by the carefree abuse some meaty, sticky, dirty fingers perform. Why did anyone ever achieve anything? Men will kill one another over color. It makes you wish for an apocalypse, some kind of resolution to this madness we clearly can't escape. Just the image of a final calm gracing everything is enough to distract me from my overwhelming grief and distress. This misanthropy, the face of a man trying to burn a spider on top of a tank full of petrol, fades from view.

I distract myself with the daily humdrum of life. The alternative is doing a flip, because life seems to be a big joke.

Attached: 1539787272676.gif (368x281, 2M)

>terrorism
human invented word, so the concept shouldn't bother you
>destruction of the earth
the earth is not a living thing and destruction is a form of creation
>mass murder
if you were truly a misanthrope than mass murder shouldn't bother you, eh?
>rape
another human invented term, animals force sex on each other all the time (look at dolphins) but only we seen it bad
>war
monkeys go to war too
>mob mentality
literally every social animal on the planet

Dolphins are gang rapists.
Chimps are a fuckload more violent than humans.
Cyanobacteria caused the greatest ecological disaster in prehistory.
Lemmings have a mob mentality.
Ants go to war on each ohter.
Humans are just catching up.

That's not a good excuse, user. We all know you weren't pretending. You're just very, very, very, very, gullible in your desperate desire to believe you're smart.
>you're not.

The difference, you fucking autists, is that humans possess critical thinking and have the ability to transcend meaningless violence. Other animals cannot.

Humans are still animals, violence isn't meaningless, and transcendence is for religious freaks not real people.

I'm under the impression that some might not actually be capable of this. It may be in their DNA, but there's enough circumstantial evidence to doubt that it was ever expressed.

I'm not very happy anymore.

I was for a long time.

I don't like how humans seem to plague the environment and leech off of the resources. And then, they just keep having baby after baby and teaching their children the same shitty values. Humans are also very cruel to one another, despite none of us asking to be born.

I have deeper issues with the unfairness of life, how we're born and experience joy but then have to die and watch their loved ones die.

I ain't doin' so hot lately guys.

Attached: 1360512868994.jpg (336x458, 62K)

Improve humanity today: kill yourself.

And our point, you dense twit, is that most humans do transcend it, only a minority (usually other misanthropes like you) partake in such evils.

Get this optimistic shit out of here you butt plug

I would like to point out that such evils are meaningless violence, and it can't be that every misanthrope is created or exists because of no reason, imagined or otherwise.

Well you came to the right place then. Nothing here will change your mind.

This is not super uncommon due to a huge flaw in upbringing. Johnathan Haidt has a great theory and lecture about this issue.

We raised generations of kids who had to constantly be supervised. Cant go out alone someone will abduct you. Then we told them talking to strangers is bad. Basically you were raised to distrust all people.

I was raised as such but my parents were abusive. So I got out of the house at 16 and learned a lot. Most people are not bad people. We all have shit going on in our lives good and bad. Distrusting people if you grow up in the USA is a terrible thing. We are paying the price for it now. You are a good example

Violence isn't meaningless, if it weren't a survival trait we wouldn't be so good at it

Well no, misanthropy can only come in times of great economic prosperity, detached from the world and what sacrifices had to be made to bring the quality of life these shits have. Like any other liberal idea, the devout misanthropic will simultaneous reap the rewards of those that came before him while regarding their efforts with scorn.

Yes humanity is a disgusting. I don’t hate anyone specifically, and I’m proud of humanities achievements, but I fucking despise humanity on a group level.

Specific people are fine, humanity as a whole is cool, but the groups of humans (every group) is fucking trash. Democrats, Republicans, redditors, Instagram famous, soccer fans, plumbers, LGBTQ, cab drivers. I fucking hate groups of humans.

I'm only repeating what was said.

>misanthropy
I only said that if only a minority partake in such evils, that the evils, the evil, is meaningless violence. And since it was said that usually other misanthropes are guilty of committing meaningless violence, I was trying to address the fact that the use of the word "usually" implies more than "some". If it were a usual occurrence that a perpetrator of meaningless violence were a misanthrope, there would already be a logical inconsistency, at face value.

Misanthropes hate. Specifically, they hate people. Including themselves. If the implication is that misanthropes perpetrate meaningless violence because they are misanthropic, then the statement falls apart and no longer makes any sense. If the implication is that misanthropes perpetrate meaningless violence without any reason, then it has to be that misanthropes, regularly, perpetrate violence on a whim. They cannot do it for any reason, otherwise it is not meaningless or without reason.

At no point have I argued anything about economics or sacrifice when addressing the statement involving misanthropes and evils. I'm not sure what you're saying no to.

I both misread what you wrote and thought you were the other guy. My bad.

Questions of misanthropes:
If you saw someone whose life was in danger (they were drowning, getting attacked, etc.) would you help them? Or would you just think "oh, a stupid human is about to die, cool".
What relationship do you have with your family? Do they share your views?
If you could take a pill that eliminated these misanthropic thoughts, would you take them?

I hate everyone on a deep personal and intimate level.
I mean this sincerely of every one of you, all your friends, family, everyone you’ve ever seen or been around, and all the people in their lives too -
Die in a God damn fire.

Fuck kids. They are little fucking psychopaths that learn to hide it in time. I support the anti-vax movement just for the reason of those fuckers dying early.

Misanthropism is a fucking joke
I mean, what do you expect for animals to do? Have a faggot tea party?
And why are humans getting the shit end of the stick here? We're vastly high in technology, and we're the dominant species since we came here.

Then fucking get it over with and kill yourself. You're not happy and never will be. Nobody will even notice you're no longer here. So get the fuck out.

Attached: notears.png (474x537, 521K)

>someone whose life was in danger
I would save them if I determined I actually could. I would think and remember all of the things that lead me to wish for a loud and fiery death, but then I would save that person. And I would think about it after the fact. And maybe, the memory of that act will counter the influx of things that encourage the desire to roll in front of traffic.

I would like to imagine that there are more people like me than I have met. I have met some. There are not enough.

>What relationship do you have with your family
No one likes a misanthrope. And so no one knows a misanthrope. Except the misanthrope.

>a pill that eliminated these misanthropic thoughts
It would have to eliminate more than that in order to prevent misanthropy. From there, it's a question of whether or not my ability to become self-aware is still available to me, and whether or not I could know enough to consider that life worth living. It might just be better to suffer, and know you're suffering.

One of my nightmares is not knowing that I've done something before. Erasing my memory but allowing me to gain that memory so that it must be erased again, is hell. Not figuratively. That would be literal hell.

Maybe one day.

Some humans skip the stick and go for the shit.

>No one likes a misanthrope. And so no one knows a misanthrope. Except the misanthrope.
I really hate your world view but for some reason I'm drawn to know more about it. I must be some sort of masochist. The things you say make me angry and sad, but mostly just defeated. Like, I want to help but I don't even know what to do or where to start.

You might hate that world view because of the fact that it doesn't truly solve the problems that I or it might ever complain about. You see, I don't want to be a misanthrope. But, I don't make any excuses for acting or thinking as one.

I'm acutely aware of the song and dance that is life. And maybe I truly appreciate all that a vinyl record could be. Maybe I've put too much faith in the sleeve it came in. And maybe I feel that something is wrong. And maybe I feel that it is so wrong, that I think someone should take the record and chuck it across the room so that it shatters into a million pieces. Maybe I feel that this is a far easier means of relief than everyone making their own mouth sounds, and waiting for a better track to dance to. Not the only way to change the song. But, as was said earlier, it's easier. A final climax, and then silence. A resolution to whatever it is that I or anyone else perceives as a mounting array of self-defeating problems that seemingly can't be fixed by any one person. Or, even a group of determined people on the dance floor. This, is what an animal does when it's cornered. Panicked, filled with a desire for escape. Immediate gratification. Now, now, now.

What I say makes you sad and angry, because at the end of the day, I'm mincing nothing and compromising nothing. If this is life, then, why compromise? Truth and liberty for all is not true. That knowledge is not all free. This is how you become a misanthrope. Some of the things I'm hitting on are anger-inducing, saddening. It might be because some are true. But there has to be some way, right? Some way to make it better. Some way forwards. A way to help. Something. Anything.

I see misanthropy as desperate attempt to prove oneself wrong in the end. If I die, my last thoughts might be about whether or not I was wrong. I'll hope I was wrong. I know I probably won't be. I'll make my human noises.

But then I'll be dead. And, for all that fuss, I'll get my silence.