Any anons from chicago...

any anons from chicago? I'm moving there and I wonder if you guys could give me better advice than "ohmygawddduhaveto try deep dish pizaaaa"

Attached: chitown cutie.jpg (600x500, 38K)

That's cool but who's the meth bitch

Try not to get shot

Don't get smoked

It’s pretty chill. Try portillos or any hotdog/beef place. Don’t drive through the hood and if you do stay on the main streets. But you can get everywhere through the highways. And don’t be friendly on the train, friendly train people are trying to rob or scam you.

Be safe, I would research r/chiraqology to know the areas to avoid lol

Hangout with Edai and Rico Recklezz

Google "secondcitycop"; It's an unofficial blog by a serving CPD officer that will give you a better idea of where to avoid in Chicago, and what the current political issues are...

I looked up chicago crackhead and she came up, apparently left her baby in the snow for two hours, I think she's kinda cute
thanks buddeh
thanks buddeh
I've tried portillos before and I thought it was pretty great, seems like a lot of people laud chicago as a big food place, that's not really a factor why I'm going there but pretty cool nonetheless
thanks 4 the tip user

Beware the niggers

oh also I'm looking for retarded shit to do once I'm there like cum on the bean so drop suggestions and if I deliver I'll definitely check back in with photo memoriez, no I'm not a youtuber I'm just genuinely autistic and retarded

inb4 kill yrslf lol

Drinks expensive, tolls are trash, women are easy, don’t let the people that live there take you places, they got no idea how to show someone a good time.

Stay out the Southside

I'm from Chicago and im tryna get out. What made you even wanna move this city is depressing asf

out of curiosity why don't you like it? I'm literally moving there because it seemed like the grimiest city that was also big as fuck so lots of room for shenanigans

also b4 u say its cold and dark, I live in a place that is literally renowned for having no sunlight more that half the year and winters are cold as a bitch so I'm pretty much used to it

Go to Paddy Longs at least once to eat and drink. Badass Irish pub!

Look up Zels as well for Roast Beef sammiches.

who cares, probably a roastie anyway

>I live in a place that is literally renowned for having no sunlight more that half the year and winters are cold as a bitch

your mom's vagina?

kek its somewhere in alaska

thxxx anons will definitely check out, does anyone have experience with finding housing in chicago? I have a place I could stay for a few months with some friends *couch* but I want to find my own place. any chicago specific advice other than stay out of southside? like is it possible to not live in the suburbs outside the city or in the southside in like a studio apartment for around 800 to 1000 a month? I've checked craigslist but its hard to tell whats a scam or what part of the city its in

not gonna find a studio for that cheap unless its outside the city for sure. maybe try finding a roommate if you really need to be downtown. I'd suggest carrying mace with you if you end up in a rough area. Like everyone else has said, stay away from the niggers and crazy train people. Learn to say no/ignore them and move on.

Definitely hit up Kumas Corner for an amazing burger. That place is dope (gotta get the fried pickles)

thxx 4 the tip, do anons in thread who live/have lived in chicago wanna give me an idea of what living there is actually like?

Attached: ADC7DCE2-B1BE-4541-B484-99718A6750D6.jpg (600x500, 143K)

Attached: 54CD3558-1274-4D48-8A2E-34DC3E29939C.jpg (600x500, 145K)

thank u user I think she is very pretty and much prettier smiling ))

All depends on what area you end up in, but for the most part its chill. Public transport is dirty, but easy to get around with. Can get anywhere rather quickly. Traffic is horrible if you're constantly downtown and have to drive. The taxes and corrupt government suck ass (like anywhere). But god damn, theres pretty much everything you can ever want here. All varieties of food, culture, nightlife, got beaches and the lake, great skyline. Tons of events happen all the time here. Always something to do, just gotta look for it.

I'm a musicianfag/artistfag, I have no delusions of grandeur or "making it" but do you see a lot of artistic shit around town ever? or at least some art hoes walking around? I'm tryna smash breh

wicker park/logan square is the place where all of the hipsters/art hoes are at. Propbably the best bet. but beware, SJWs are in the same category

Stay north of Guaranteed Rate Field and east of the 294 at night time. ezpz.

good to know
sheeit about the sjws but good to know about those neighborhoods, is that an expensive, cheap or mid tier part of town and yes I know it depends on roomates and individual prices but on average what would you say?

/bucktown too

all over the place, but generally mid to expensive. Logan square is gonna be your cheapest/best bet. Try to stay further away from humbolt park though

out of morbid curiosity what's in humboldt park? niggers? also thank you guys no homo but I appreciate the help

thank you user, I will try my best to smash an art hoe for you

Way less grimey than NYC, at least we have dumpsters for our trash instead looking like goddamn mumbai with trash everywhere

niggers. and most recently an alligator that cost the city almost $34k to catch

fuck at least there's still hella gun violence and shit I suppose
seriously? fucking kek

Invest in a bullet proof vest. Also, sell your car, there's nowhere to park where it doesn't cost a fortune.

Attached: ow my liver.jpg (780x438, 58K)

I was going to ask, is it feasible to get around the city on public transport/bike if I'm in the city?

If you like food, this is the best/most diverse food city

The L (trains), buses and Uber are the way to go.

Transit is the easiest system in US

People act like we're a goddamn war zone, the ghettos may as well have fucking billboards that say drop your wallet now, so it's pretty easy to see where to stay away from. if it's a predominantly latino/muslim/indian neighborhood, you're probably fine. Dont rent in Logan Square, wicker park, lake view, lincoln park, or boystown and small conclaves in other neighborhoods and you wont pay crazy high rent. You can find a decent one bedroom for about 900/month. That said Logan, ukrainian village, old irving, ravenswood, and a ton of other areas are FILLED with stuff to do. Traffic on major thoroughfares can suck but if you take the side streets, or bike you'll be fine. The beaches and parks are underappreciated unless its the first 3 weeks of summer then watch out for fights and flashmobs. you have a 75% chance that those loud pops are just fireworks if you pay attention to the above. Most folks are just trying to live day to day and are, generally speaking, good people. Also, I hope youre a night life person.

Trulia, hotpads. and if youre already in the city, talk to "the apartment people". leasing agents that are ostensibly free since you just pay your first months rent to them. best part is they'll drive you around to look at places at their expense.

the fuck do you consider "the city" then? i pay 850 in Albany park for a big 1BR

Just stay away from the south and west sides

You call Chance the Snapper by his name Goddamnit

West side is tricky though because in some places its okay, then you go north or south and every place is a flophouse.

Thank u user, how long have u been living in Chicago if u don’t mind my asking?
Thx user, what do you recommend for finding roommates? The same sources?

Same person. been in chicago proper for about 5 years. Roomates are tougher to figure out, even ones that seem cool may have some weird habits. I've had the most success by visiting the apartment and talking with who I'd be living with. But if you're still way out of state, maybe do some facebook sleuthing after you talk to them over email. if youre still not sure I would also not sign any lease longer than 6 months- a year depending on the circumstances. Some places will say 18 month lease required, stay away from those unless it's like, a brand new building.

It’s not just deep dish, they put the sauce on top. Fucking delicious.

Honestly, if you dont have a huge problem with needing a parking space 800-1000 is super doable in tons of neighborhoods and then you dont need to worry about roommates.

Don't fucking go to the south side.

Why would you move to chicago? Enjoy being robbed or murdered by niggers i guess

Because Nebraska is where it's at. Their applebees is open until 10:30

Chicago is 1000x cleaner than most major US cities, actually.

What part are you moving to?

>t. never been to chicago
That shit's literally in like 4 neighborhoods that no one ever goes to.