Do you think the styles of the 80s are going to make a comeback soon...

Do you think the styles of the 80s are going to make a comeback soon? I say this because of how everyone has nostalgia for the 80s now, even people who weren’t even born in the 80s like to suck off that time period. The popularity and amount of 80s placed entertainment is becoming more frequent with stuff like Call Me By Your Name, Stranger Things, Cyberpunk 2077, etc.The elements of music from the 80s are also kinda coming back, you can hear the 80s influence on an album like IGOR. Do you guys think those styles from that era are going to come back, in my opinion I think they’re going to mix with the styles of today.

Attached: 7BCE911E-97A3-488D-9BB9-1D3E3B2ACBB2.jpg (1024x1024, 176K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bS5P_LAqiVg
youtube.com/watch?v=_UmOY6ek_Y4
youtube.com/watch?v=TkHxDw2cvwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=dviVC4yEddo
youtu.be/gHpTCaddYpE?list=WL
youtube.com/watch?v=t4qupZEjVEk
youtube.com/watch?v=4ZQ_YXaO3I0
youtube.com/watch?v=IP0dfqjBKbU
youtube.com/watch?v=YiP9fRszH38
youtube.com/watch?v=gSC04PgexWo
youtube.com/watch?v=2JdkVUSNA8o
youtube.com/watch?v=-e3rX3SzfUk
youtube.co/watch?v=Cbtp8tVTF80
youtube.com/watch?v=5fE7c5mlioY
youtube.com/watch?v=Shw35IT5bY0
youtu.be/bnT7B0znsOc?t=1590
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Goddamn, i hope so.

Attached: MiamiVice-138429624.jpg (1920x1260, 423K)

it's been happening in fashion for a while now. everything's cyclical, 80s influence pops up every few years, it's nothing new.

as a guy from '00, i really like the colours and style

I love the styles from that era, it would be pretty interesting to say the least.

Attached: F051C9E9-A551-4F71-80C1-6165085C02AF.jpg (550x542, 80K)

I just feel like its been popping up more recently.

nah the 80s sucked. Maybe 50s would be better.

everything before 1965

>60

fucking no.

It’s a great era tho.

niggers and women in the streets demanding free shit. Decline of america after. Nope.webm

certain things will,
Polaroid cameras
some styles
aesthetic shit

hell I've started to use a 35mm camera this summer because I want shit to feel 80s and shit

It s not something new actually. The 80s comeback started some time ago in graphic design, fashion, music... I mean have a look at synthwave music that became famous not so long ago and it still is.
Stranger things has been succesfull ALSO because it leaned on the 80s aestethic that everyone was craving. Right time and right place.
And then twin peaks...
Now the synthwave musicians are popping out like trappers are for trap music.
In general we have been accustomed (is this even a real word?) to the 80s palette from Kung fury I think.
By the way, it s not anything you like you think, you just noticed now because it s become REALLY obvious

What do you mean at the end of your reply?

Fucking cellphone typo, my bad.
I meaned "it s not anything so new like you think".
I mean that its something quite old at this point, and the fact that you noticed only now makes me think that you re not updated on the previous things made in 80s aestethic.
I mean kung fury youtu.be/bS5P_LAqiVg is fuckin 4 years old and it could be something made yesterday and being credible

92 baby here.
Was sad I missed out, glad it's making its rounds.
I assume it's kids from those eras having their own and wanting to share their childhood memories / nostalgia.
Also having more spending cash for cheaper built things.
That and the storage units full of vintage clothing they can sell to kids post macclemore making thrift shops popular vs something you'd get made fun of.

the 80s have been pushed in graphic design, fashion, music for a while.
We have absorbed the influence so much, now we deliberately seek anything which displays an 80s influence

Gen X here, born '75, and yeah.. it does look like it.

.. I gotta admit I do get the feels from that æsthetic shit.

We already relived the 50's back in the 70's
>American Graffiti
>Grease
>Happy Days
>Sha-Na-Na

that right there is the genuine article, son. Waporwave, retrowave and all that is great, but listen here:
youtube.com/watch?v=_UmOY6ek_Y4

.. this is who we are.

As someone that was born in the year 1980, I've been noticing it and it's weird, in a good way. Feels like I've been rebooted.

youtube.com/watch?v=TkHxDw2cvwQ

youtube.com/watch?v=dviVC4yEddo

You right I think I’ve just noticed because it’s become really obvious.

And then relived the 70s back in the 00s
things that were considered cheesy at the time become cool
things that were unimportant are given a new importance
an era reinterpreted for the present day
>nostalgia

just like the 80's, this thread came and went in a short, bright flash of colours and confusing and once gone, once it had 404'd.. just like the 80's, no one was really sure if it ever really did happen, if it really did exist; or if it was all just dream of the collective unconsciousness.

Attached: it's gone bro.gif (500x500, 1.95M)

>modern styles are currently mixing with 80s
>"I think they're going to mix with the styles of today"
Genius

ne nice, Eugene. This is a nice thread. Be nice.

this

youtu.be/gHpTCaddYpE?list=WL

Fashion trends like this are always cyclical

No:
nobody really likes the 80's as much as they like the 60's, or even the 70's.
The 80's were for bona fide wankers.

Perhaps, but it's not always easy to draw the boundaries between them.
youtube.com/watch?v=t4qupZEjVEk

Yeah, and as soon as shit like this the insane liberals will come out of the woodwork to tell us we can't use fashion from back then for "X" historical social reason.

I really hope so I love neon lights and I can’t wait until they’re considered not tacky again so I can fill my house with them.

I graduated high school in 86 the 80's were a good time had one of these pic related

Attached: 1529500136628.jpg (450x275, 27K)

what.. why would they do that?

they'll just trash your memories by pointing out the ugly things people choose to forget

fucking do it, be a first mover. Don't wait until some fashion gurus "allow" you to do what you want, just do it and be the trailblazer.

I grew up in the 80's, as a kid/adolescent, and I can tell you one thing for sure; the 80's were fucking shit. Dark, mean, gloomy neon, cold and unforgiving, as if someone had cranked the treble and the bass way up, and killed the mid frequencies and then turned up contrast and colour all the way on some old television.
the 90's though, were actually as good as they say.

The whole "cultural appropriation" meme. Critical hand-waving about that had its wave in the 90s when sampling took off, but now everyone calls it "reshaping" and takes it for granted, as Handel took "borrowing" in his.
youtube.com/watch?v=4ZQ_YXaO3I0

>the 90's though, were actually as good as they say.
No it wasnt.

I was born in 78. Most of the shit from the 80s sucked. Music and clothing. The one thing I get nostalgia for is the old products. I see they had old style planters cheese balls at the grocery store. They need to bring back the cans of HI C. Loved that stuff

Not that guy, but music was great in the 90s

fuck you, yes it was.

Debatable

It's my favorite decade.
youtube.com/watch?v=IP0dfqjBKbU

Me too. I graduated HS in 1996

Thanks user I’m gonna put some over my bed to start

Graduated '82, and though the 90s were the best, every period after the late 70s had its points in in extended spacey-dancey mixes.
youtube.com/watch?v=YiP9fRszH38
The 00s didn't disappoint either.
youtube.com/watch?v=gSC04PgexWo

ur mum is bebuttable

sounds cool, I might do something like that too.

Actual 80's styles are fucking sick, memphis design and all that shit, but I can't stand all the synthwave outrun miami neon grid shit.

Maybe

>mum
britfag

Ok, not 80's, even though I was born in 1982, but being a Britbong in my teenage years, in the 90's, I'd love this style of music to come back.

youtube.com/watch?v=2JdkVUSNA8o

lol no

bump

Christ, the early building blocks of what dance would become. Surely there are YouTube artists devoted to this kind of sound?

What was it like living in 90's UK? I'm a zoomer so I've only experienced 2000's+

It already has. Fads and styles cycle about every 30 years or so. I don't think it's going to have as much if a comeback as the 60s did during the 90s, but it's already present in our culture again.

Yep. All artists "steal" from one another. It's sort of how art progresses.

We could have a laugh without caring about being too cringe or minorities complaining that we where being offensive because our crocs were dog whistling the far right.

On thing that's apparently never going to go away is tech-house, whether or not it descends from Moritz Von Oswald's "Domina" and "M-series", like a whole category of it does.
youtube.com/watch?v=-e3rX3SzfUk

youtube.co/watch?v=Cbtp8tVTF80
youtube.com/watch?v=5fE7c5mlioY

I can't wait for hardstyle, hardcore and artists like DJ Cammy from 2006-2011 to be reminisced about. Hopefully we get another round of great legal drugs to go with it. A golden era for sure.

So, just a regular fag then. Got it, faggot.

Reminds me of this track's name, which is a nice pun on the parameter-pong dubby artists specialize in.
youtube.com/watch?v=Shw35IT5bY0

I was a young 'Metalhead' back then, there was a a kinda culture clash, the Ravers at the time hated Rock and Metal, and wanted it to go the way of the dinosaurs. Funny thing is, I respected the Rave movement because it was a literal counter-genre at the time, it didn't need guitars or violent lyrics but it had (and did evolve to) extremes only Rock/Metal at the time could.

Nowadays Metalheads and Oldskool Ravers can be found at the same festivals or venues today. From my experience as a Britfag.

Nice, also, dubs checked, a bit too 'late 90's' for me but I heard some tb303 action in there.

UK Happy Hardcore shits upon all nowadays 'dance' music.
It's hard to explain without me sounding like "le oldfig boomer".
I think the limited technology of back then made the sound and 'feel', such as 80's style aesthetics. :)

A guy at work I used to trade music with was surprised that I anything "metal" as this--
youtu.be/bnT7B0znsOc?t=1590
was on my all-time favorites list, but an instrumental is an instrumental on some level.