Honest question, are you guys disappointed in your parents?

Honest question, are you guys disappointed in your parents?

Attached: 1534562174828.png (1575x886, 1012K)

Not disappointed, but they don't seem to have any friends so I feel kind of sad. I don't really want to be their friend.

I was until I grew up and realized they’re human and I probably wouldn’t have done much better.

My Dad's done really well for himself finacially, but when I look at his relationship with my step-mum and his life since he's retired I feel bad for him.

On the other hand my mum lived in france for ten years, wrote 3 books (self published but still...) beat breast cancer and is still dirt poor but she's one of the most positive and happy people I've ever known and is married to a fantastic guy.

It's hard to say that money can't buy you happiness when I see how much it would help my mum but it's obvious that my dad's drinking himself into an early grave. Kinda sucks. Guess you can't have everything.

Same here. But mine were always hoarders and barely raised me. It's hard to connect with them.

Are you disappointed with yours?

Right now my moms got me pretty bummed out. When I was younger I wasn't close to my dad cause of her but wasn't sure why until later and saw how vicious she can be. Lots of vindictiveness but eventually I connected with my dad. He's really cool, really interesting life of growing up but now just riddled with diabetes. Mom's been dating this new guy for two years who's a meth head and he ended up getting junkie paranoid and spying on her but she would blame me and my dad for her not being happy and go back. It happened again recently and I don't know you figure people would have a grip on life at least after 40

Attached: 1534763292108s.jpg (125x124, 3K)

Kind of
Got a coddled childhood and I'm pretty furious about it. When my dad died I basically had no restriction.
Apparently my dad used to beat me but I have no recollection of it. Would explain why I'm sexually confused, though.
My mom treats me like a child but I know she just cares a lot.

Attached: 753281.jpg (800x600, 68K)

So, I'm in a pretty shitty place myself. Lost my job a few months ago and couldn't afford rent, my dad was kind enough to let me move back in whilst I sort stuff out at my new job and find a flat but in the meantime I've got to deal with his daily arguments with my step-mum.

Fucking sucks being caught up in this bullshit, like being 12 and watching my parents argue all over again. Totally get that feeling of "You still haven't sorted this shit out?"

It's not your problem though. As you said they've had enough time to figure themselves out and try to make it work but it definitely isn't your problem!

It's hard to say, my dad went to jail when I was 16, I got pretty disappointed. Then I figured he did what he did(scams) to help us financially, he ended up doing really well, and at first it was hard to tell he was into a fuzzy business, but then it got pretty obvious. He got locked up for almost four years, and he came back being basically the same, he had a lot of shitty pretentious attitudes I always hated with my guts, treating some people like shit and stuff, I would've thought prison life would change him. But eventually he did, apparently he became very religious in jail and it changed him(yeas after he was free). And now I see he really loves me and my sister, but still I'm resentful.
My mum's pretty good, she's depressed but I know she's been through a lot, she never met her dad and her mother struggled a lot during her childhood be but they made it. She's a really strong woman, I just wish she wasn't so fat and looked after her health more.

I love my dad so much honestly he's a great role model he has worked hard his whole life when I was growing up he'd work from 6 am to 8 pm Monday-Saturday and then he would still work at home. He's now making 6 figures and is about to retire. He's been married to my mom the whole time though and I feel like she's just been an ungrateful useless person my whole life and I don't really respect her, because my dad took complete care of her and everything she needed.

My moms dead, OP

i can never forgive them for using me as a weapon against one another. there was a bitter divorce and i was at the center of it.

my childhood was a hell of depression and i wasn't a much better teen.

i suppose, it makes sense, i was the product of broken things, and is it any wonder i should turn out broken.

Attached: 3813461_460s.jpg (460x490, 143K)

yeah, my dad is a jerk and my mom is a loser and their divorce was dumb

My biological mom has stolen from me to buy pills.

by cutting the asshole off 20 years ago and ignoring all his emails since.
(she's gone)

If there was ever anyone who was completely satisfied with their parents, they'd have to be complacent fools.

With that said, now that I've seen how many stupidly wretched ones have existed, mine are angels by comparison.

love my dad, hes my best friend
that being said it makes me sad im such a shit mooch son attempting college cause i dont know wtf i wanna do with my life. he does well for himself and im gonna have to continue his legacy once he dies with the restaurant.
my mom on the other hand is a religious nut who beat on my as a child and i think sexually harassed me idk i think it was repressed. she treats me well now cause of guilt i think

I really struggle with caring about my parents with how time goes by. truthfully, my dad was an abusive druggie and beat my mother up when he got violent. I always felt my mom was very vendictdent towards him for putting us through that, and it only got worse when he tried getting me and my brothers in his custody so he could get out of paying child support and taking care of us when we were young kids. im disappointed with my dad because he always asked me for advice and manipulated people and always got his way since my grandmother (his mom) was filthy rich after stealing her husbands inheritance. It's left this permanent mark for me in my life that always persists and really makes me want to avoid my parents and try and lead a moral and sound life unlike the chaos I dealt with in my younger years. I hope you can find some peace in whatever it is you're going through too, because I wish i didn't have to deal with have the crap I did.

Attached: 40b129647cb5b66d05ebf18ec6c0799082dd16d5033d02f01d23ace8a2163522_1.jpg~2.jpg (640x622, 78K)

parents are just kids having kids
it hurts the most watching them get old.
moving to their graves, slowly waving goodbye with each day

You too man, your roots don't define you friend.

My parents really aren't bright. They think they know everything just because they're older than me.

Combined they make around 90k a year. That's more than me but considering they spend half their money on insurance, cars, vacations, cigarettes, and overall bullshit things it's no wonder they don't have any money.

I have a savings of 180k+ and they beg me for money, after wasting my life? Yeah sure, thank fuck I don't go to school anymore.

I don't want to seem like the generic edgy teen that hates there parents because muh school, but honestly, how can you be so foolish.

Attached: 1561263981399.png (283x390, 245K)

unironically using a 9gag post on Yea Forums, really?

Attached: horse.jpg (615x446, 35K)

I grew up with the best God damned parents ever. Never wanted for anything important, raised pretty well, strict but not crazily so. Plenty of fun at home, cool vacations, good times. They're in their 80's now, so I basically take care of them now, instead of the other way around. Which is fine. Like I said, they did a great job with me, and my two siblings.

Yes. Dad's a bully and Mom's a passive aggressive binge eating prozac gobbler. Smile to your face christians but slander and shit on everything in private. Sabatoged my relationship with my kids and my now ex wife. Getting kicked out of my family for calling bullshit on my dad for lying about me was one of the best things to happen to me.

Yes,
I’m dad is a violent racist, constitutionalists.
My mom and stepdad are brain dead passive aggressive evangelical hypocrites

My mom was too sheltered to recognize what a piece of shit my dad was, or to be able to do anything about it. I've failed her just the same.

No but I wish my mom was still alive.