Who are/were your favourite composers?

Who are/were your favourite composers?

Absolutely love James Horner's work followed closely by Georges Delerue

Attached: 220px-James-horner-07.jpg (220x291, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thejoyofmusic.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=WNLA9_nKDsg
youtube.com/watch?v=XRj8ZxnzWGo
youtube.com/watch?v=qsApXLYXdb4
youtu.be/tfbaNO68c9Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

that's the gayest scarf i have ever seen.

Wore a gay scarf and still did better than you ever will

Attached: d4d2cbcf389797beacfb9d935ce8f30c.jpg (378x442, 19K)

Jerry Goldsmith, John Barry, Basil Poledouris... My trinity.

Guillaume Dufay.

Attached: Guillaume-Dufay.jpg (1920x1080, 500K)

Dont know these. Link their best remixes

sorry, i have no idea who you are OP.
Still looks gay as fuck.

There's no one favorite but I like chamber music in general, I can chill out and listen to it when doing other things.
In no specific order Handel, Mozart, Beethoven, I really love the deep organ music. It sounds awesome with the pipe organs that you only really hear in old cathedrals. Diane Bish does it really good, she's not a writer but she plays those organs like they were born as part of her.

thejoyofmusic.org/

fucking useless

Oh, I love chamber music too. I'll chekc it out :)

Living would be maybe Brian eno, maybe John Whitaker, been getting into jon Hopkins lately but he’s not like really a formal composer.

Dead I’d go with Vivaldi- I know he does the same progression but idk I just like it. Oh and Marrin Marias. Bach duh. Baroque in general has good people

>thejoyofmusic.org/
was not chamber, very organ

like neclords theme

That's just one example, Handel is definiately chamber music and just one that I mentioned.

youtube.com/watch?v=XRj8ZxnzWGo

Niggers aren't capable of music further than they can beat on garbage cans.

Are we talking about only modern day composers? I’m a fan of Philip Glass. If Classical, though, my favourites are Bach and Chopin.

What's a "neclord" is that some videogame thing?

>In no specific order Handel, Mozart, Beethoven, I really love the deep organ music. It sounds awesome with the pipe organs that you only really hear in old cathedrals. Diane Bish does it really good, she's not a writer but she plays those organs like they were born as part of her.
I've been looking for some good classical era stuff with deep organ parts but I have had a hard time finding stuff I liked. Could you tell me some of your favorites?

Yeah Chopin, there are so many that I only got a few from the top of my tiny little head.
To answer your question and not OP, OP didn't specify so it's open game.

Favorite composers are Richard Strauss and Prokofiev. Prokofiev really knows how to invoke that whole "Russian sadness" thing.

Gay scarf

This is one. There's a good album that I lost or was stolen in a move that had a lot of sampler stuff, an aunt gifted it to me and pissed off an older cousin. She knew that I'd appreciate it more.
Also as mentioned it had Prokofiev in it.

Reich, Mingus, Ravel, Stockhausen, Cage

yeah

It could be worse you could be a divine executioner from Lexx.

Mike Post, Pete Carpenter, Hans Zimmer, John Williams.

Like what I hear so far. Thanks!

I'm really enjoying the French Romantics lately. Mostly Ravel and Chopin

I also like Paganini. I really love violin and viola, and it’s pretty widely accepted that Paganini was the fuckin violin boss.

Goldsmith was awesome. Loved Alien and Chinatown especially

Barry know mainly from Bond but my favorite of his was Dances with Wolves - kinda repetitive for three hours but beautiful score

i'm really into old-bizantene chant music (eg Oxyrhynchus Hymnus), but I also like Monteverdi, especially Vespro by him.

Anytime. When I was kid in school music classes and drafting were requirements, unlike today when those classes have been eliminated in favor of "julie has three multi-racial daddies" and BS like that. I feel sorry for kids these days.

Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Jean Michael Jarre

Jean Michael Jarre is a fraud

I don't remember exactly what was being played but there was a cool one that a friend and I went to during high school for a music course at Juliard where it was violin v. piano. It was really good, a funny part that stood out is there was this old couple sitting in front of us and the guy kept falling asleep and his wife kept poking him in the side to wake him up. I guess you had to be there to appreciate the humor of that and of course you go to and meet the players after the concert especially since our music teacher was one of the players and you him to know that you saw the concert.

If you're going to bring up Jarre don't forget Tangerine Dream.

Look up Charles-Marie Widor

Tangerine Dream Live - Poland (2CD Edition)
youtube.com/watch?v=qsApXLYXdb4

Rubycon is fantastic if you're stoned.

Too right! Do you work in music? What do you do for a living?

Zoolook is fucking god tier

I like individual pieces more then composers in general, but ofcourse the big three are amazing.

Besides them I'm getting increasingly into Wagner and Stravinsky

No I don't work in music and I just write for a living. Other people tell me that I'm good at it and it's easy so I whoar myself out as a writer. I'm sure that comes across as worse than it is.

what's your fave individual pieces?

youtu.be/tfbaNO68c9Q

Reich's Third is best symphony.

Ralph und Florian, heil!

A great favorite of organ-fags.

>I whoar myself out as a writer
Just don't go selling your services as a gud speler.

Bach:
Brandenburg concerto 2 and 5
Violin Concerto 1 and 2
Concert for violin and oboe
Mozart:
Symphony 41
Don giovanni
Requiem
Beethoven :
Symphony 5 and 8
Die grosse fugue
Stravinsky:
The rite of spring
Wagner:
Tannhauser ouverture
Tristan and isolde ouverture
Mahler symphony 5
Rachmaninoff Symphonic dances

Pff that's what I can think of right now and listen regularly

Indeed

I do have my limits there are certain companies that I wont work for and dealing with idiot security clearances are retarded to me so wont bother with some government sticking it's fist up my ass.

>Tannhauser ouverture

Attached: I_watched_c_beams.jpg (780x413, 106K)

Is that good or bad?

The little known Jerome Garcia is just amazing

Having the ability to say no to some government twats and knowing when to do it is empowering. The faggots want to bother my family and friends for some stupid security clearance, fuck that and fuck them. NO! Plus it's shit money for those clearances.

At the risk of being called a filthy weeaboo, Shiro Sagisu. Mf can set a goddamn tone.

Is that some jap pr0n babe?

Lil Wayne.

You so funny

Attached: 1563222477794.gif (320x240, 1.99M)

But you sound like you would need and appreciate a fist in your ass

Barnabus Snodgrass

nice

bump