Who has tried Propecia and did it work? Asking for a friend

Who has tried Propecia and did it work? Asking for a friend.

Attached: how-effective-is-propecia.jpg (662x187, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/fashion/2018/sep/02/hair-today-gone-tomorrow
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's time to go Messier up top.

just shave your head.

>shave your head against hairloss!
Yeah... I struggle to go outside, so going outside with a shaved head, that is quite beyond me for now.

What do I buy to shave my head and how short should I cut?

Rogaine or Procepia/Finasteride?

Doesn't work for everybody. Some just look better even with light hair rather than none.

Don't shave your head, use clippers on a short setting, I do and I'm not balding, just not into styling my hair.

Finasteride is an anti-androgen. It will cause breast enlargement, erectile dysfunction and low libido.
Tell him to use it at his own risk

>breast enlargement, erectile dysfunction and low libido

most anons have got this shit already

Very low risk to be honest. Low risk and it never lasts beyond a year.

I just need to know whether I clip that stuff or try one last time to be normal.

Seeing my doctor tomorrow, for something else. I will ask him about finesteride. I'd want to try only if there's a chance that it will IMPROVE my hair, not just to stop things.

If that fails, I'll discuss it with my hairdresser and have her buzzcut my shit or something.

Recommend hats.

If you're under 40 and dealing with hair loss it's time for the gas. Keep those shit Gene's to yourself

If you're so dumb you think balding is indicative of shit genes, you should gas yourself. It's strictly cosmetic. It's basically for women.

Bald men are perceived as better than haired ones, which is probably the evolutionary advantage it had in the past, that's why it's so prominent today.

You're just insecure and scared to lose your own, pussy.

I've been on it for 2 years. It works quite well if you start it early enough. I was NW2 with slight diffused thinning on the top when I started and now I'm rocking pretty much full head of hair. Maybe slight receiding like NW1,5.
I didn't have any side effects my libido actually increased a bit when I started.

Take biotin and vitamin b complex. It may help for general thinning, not male pattern baldness.
Otherwise buzz cut your hair.
Another option is mircopigmentation. Where they tattoo your head to look like you have hair.

lmfao talk about insecurity hey everyone spot the bald user

Attached: jesus christ incarnate.jpg (960x960, 107K)

>NW2
Can't find this on the Norwood scale, show me?

>Rogaine’s pretty damn good
-My dad

>male pattern baldness.
This is clearly what I have. I lost much of my forehead hair when I was 12. I got surgery when I was 17 and the rest held on for many years, but now it's thinning on top and it's nasty.

>Another option is mircopigmentation. Where they tattoo your head to look like you have hair.
Sounds like a terrible idea.

We have all spotted you already.

You mean NW2 or NW1,5? Since NW2 is easily found from norwood scale :D

If any of those products actually worked there wouldn't be any bald people.

They're close to finding a way to clone hair in the required quantities and do it in such a way that the hair remains. Less than ten years, according to some article published 5 days ago.

That young? Damn. Post a pic of your hair

kek

It was and is like type 2 here. Thing is, this is coupled with a very high forehead, so it makes it look worse, and when you're 12, that doesn't go well with anything. I quickly learned to style it to deaden the freakishness and I think I did it OK until now.

Main problem now is that it seems to get thinner over all and if I examine the shit out of the back of my head, it does look like there's no major density. It hasn't reached obvious hairloss levels, but it looks worrisome to me.

Now the question is whether I go Procepia or hairdresser for some very short cut, then I wonder if I can handle that.

Attached: 280px-Partial_Norwood_scale_for_male_pattern_baldness.png (280x267, 24K)

theguardian.com/fashion/2018/sep/02/hair-today-gone-tomorrow

>hair today
>gone tomorrow
Fucking kek.

But yeah, basically, people are working their asses off on this as the first to get there will make fucking billions. According to this expert, it's closer to us than ever before, and it's FULL recovery. It will be expensive, but it will be real.

Rejoice. Praise science.

So nobody with experience of Procepia?

I got implants in 2000. They're pretty good, but they weren't enough to make me feel "solved". They don't look shit at all, fortunately for me.

I wonder how much implants have changed in 20 years.

I’m a type 2 at 26. Probably won’t get much worse. My grandfathers both had receding hairlines.

i have and still do. it's worked for me. no breasts. no low libido. it's kept the hair I have now. grandly, a low hair loss. became more full over time but it takes a while.

That sounds just mildly positive. Is it disappointing?

also, same poster.

try also using Rogain. you'll grow hair in unwanted places though if you sweat a lot. just use it at night and in the morning if you have an air conditioning job

your hair will start regrowing. it's better to see virtually no hair on your hands when taking a shower rather than most of it

The more you try to hide it the more you look like a fool.

I've seen a few videos with dudes that have a glued on head piece though and they actually look half decent

Calm down Saitima

Attached: 58409954_167151640976011_1576209734717903401_n.jpg (612x612, 94K)

On the plus side, I never experience that. My hair doesn't leave me in clumps or anything of the sort. I've had the same hairline in 20 years. Maybe my hair was this thin years ago and I never noticed. At any rate, it's not changing radically fast, I don't think.

What about side effects?

Current crown is actually better than the "after" here, but it's only slightly less than a normal head. There doesn't seem to be any empty patch or anything like that; it could be just thin hair.

Attached: fb-picts.jpg (584x246, 66K)

I was worried about the side effects too but those never happened to me. it was also never brought up by the physician that prescribed me them. if you don't want to go that route, there is another I chose to get by Hims who also sell it but you have to provide some simple question answers and some pictures. usually they don't take long to get. about a week or so. I'd imagine if it's so widespread like this the side effects are extremely low

also, the physician was really cheap but the Hims choice is around 30 bucks for it monthly

All right. Can you find some before/after images that would match your own case?

never saved them sorry user. losing hair was always a self-conscious thing

it worked. it also gave me ear and back hair so kind of a piss poor trade.

> shave your pubic hair
> glue pubic hair on head

Attached: 1544075842262.jpg (1024x746, 183K)

I know, that's why I'm asking you to find other pics, not of you, with Google, that resemble your before and after.

That shouldn't happen, but I guess you're better off shaving the extra and enjoying the new hair.

I don't have any bald patch, except for the temples but that's been that way since I was a kid.

When is it too late for finesteride?

If you like not having erections shooting blanks have fun because it's perfect for that. Try saw palmetto and some shampoos at least it won't destroy your hormones

Been on it for 8 years, no sides, no further hairloss, hair that did fall out grew back.

*shrugs with a full head of hair*
*is the only male in his family with hair at 32*

There are higher side effect rates related to paracetamol than fin.

Saw palmetto is snake oil, you'd have to take so much to see a mild effect that your body would become dehydrated

>hair that did fall out grew back.
Damn... Like where there was just skin, there's now hair?

How expensive is it?

>When is it too late for finesteride?
Progressed diffuse thinning I'd argue. Even those with prominent bald spots recover a decent amount of hair.

That's likely unrelated, either that or you were still going through puberty.

Based.

What technique? I got an FUT for my hairline two years ago and the scar is untraceable, the results were pretty good as well.

I had a thin patch in my crown, which grew back, and thinning at the temples, which took longer but also grew back.

I get generic fin for £55 for a 6 month supply, of which I take 3 times a week and occasionally on the weekend, so it lasts me a full year.

Your removing the strongest androgen your body has that's part of your hormones feed back system have fun have children early

Have you tried Dimoxinil?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (384x288, 35K)

>FUT for my hairline
Don't know this. They took hair in the back of my head, there's a scar, but only visible if your physically look for it, not huge, but long, and they planted the hair in front. If my hair is up, it either looks like I'm balding or had implants. My haidresser had to ask, she wasn't sure which one it was, so i guess it was a good job.

I thought you should take 1mg of fin every day?

Hair growing back, I can barely believe it.

I've had no sides, I've had two kids while on Fin, and I've got a full head of hair. It doesn't stop all DHT from being converted, just 60% or so. If your hair isn't affected by the 40% or so remaining, then congrats you're a prime candidate for Fin. If you're a soyboy with poor testosterone that your body doesn't use it effectively before it's turned to DHT, then you're going to end up with bad skin and boy tits.

I have done surgery but nothing since.

It's a medication with a long half life, and it's essentially blocking a form of testosterone from fucking up your hair. Say there's a bucket that's constantly filling with water, and your body is the bucet. When the bucket is full, the DHT levels in your body become so high that the excess attaches to certain hair folicles and kills them. So if you can picture Fin as a hose that takes a certain percentage of the water out over 40 hours when you take it, it just has to take enough of the water out to not cause excess DHT, right? The medication is completely out of your system in 40 hours, so taking it every second day is optimal without killing your liver and kidney function, but still seeing the effects.

That's good, I guess. My hairline looks natural, in that it's not straight and has mild thin patches at the side - like a guy in his mid thirties should have.

If you take Fin ASAP when you're thinning, you'll prevent the DHT from fully killing the follicles when they enter the rest phase. You have 3-6 months before the follicle is dead.

This
Grow a pair of balls, my dude
$10 electric hairclippers, trim it down super close.
finish off with shaving cream and a razor if you want it to be perfectly smooth.

This. Steve Jobs was rich as fuck and still bald.

Did you see a doctor about this?

>You have 3-6 months before the follicle is dead.
I probably have more. I noticed this in November, but my hair may have been thing for much longer. If that's what's happening, it's extremely slow.I see my doctor tomorrow anyway.

Can any doctor prescribe this?

>Grow a pair of balls, my dude
It's not a courage issue. I have plenty. It ties in with other issues and become a lot worse because of it.

>$10 electric hairclippers, trim it down super close.
How close should it be? Like, my hair isn't gone enough to justify skin-close, I imagine. I know nothing of clipping hair.

Steve Jobs could also afford chemotherapy and he could have lived. But he didn't.

It's a medication only available through a doctor, yes

>Can any doctor prescribe this?
I don't know? I went to my GP for it.

A psychiatrist should be fine then.

Should I go Fin or Buzz? My hair just looks "weak", like when women lose their hair, but it doesn't have bald patches. It's just not like it was before.

Post pics. I'll be able to tell you if you're a buzz candidate, or if you're a fin and ffs-learn-how-to-prestyle candidate.

I'd man it's in your body for a reason but even if it does you can always dump prescribed hormones into your body. But if 10 percent of people get immediate side effects there's probably a lot of people who get late stage as well. I got bad sides but I wasn't a soy boy, sit aboutt 5 11 in height, 180 in weight, 10 percent body fat. Was always a brick shit house and never lifted weights. Everyone's receptors are different so who knows but after a couple months I barely shot loads and it came back after a few months of stopping worried the fuck out of me

>But if 10 percent of people get immediate side effects there's probably a lot of people who get late stage as well. It's nowhere near 10%.

Idk I wouldn't trust the FDA approval studies they are notorious for fudged numbers. But it could be just my body, I have some genetic disorder that gives me terrible skin and joint issues and probably fucks with my reproductive system. Some enzyme deficiency that fucks up the way I process essential fatty acids

I can't speak for your experience, but of the only clinical trial on side effects, 2% experienced erectile problems and 1% experienced ejaculation problems.

Of those percentages, 95% found the problems subsided completely after continual use, ie, when the body became used to the medication.

The "permanent lose of erectile ability" thing has never been researched or found in any clinical trial.

Think about it this way my dude. If you have a good experience with a medication, are you going to post about it online? Probably not right? But if you have a bad experience, you're going to moan about it online, yeah? It's an extremely vocal minority. Fin has some 8m users in the US alone.

The body is extremely complex and even small differences can make pretty huge impact on how it reacts to different changes

Like the after pic but a bit better still. It's barely visible if you don't shine a light on it. I refuse to take pictures of it, sorry.

Actually, my hair looks a lot better than the after pic. It looks like it's thinner than it should be, but that's about all.

I guess just keep an eye out it would suck to lose the ability to shoot loads because you didn't want to buzz your hair. 95 percent of women don't care either way as long as your good looking.

>Too scared to post anonymous pics on an anonymous picture board
Soyboy bud

I haven't touched a woman in 3 years.

What I don't want is to have a picture of it. Not so much posting here. Sorry.

This. The side effects of being impotent is not worth it. Own it and adapt to whatever type of balding you have.

Very few people become impotent due to this and it doesn't last.

Besides, what's a functional penis worth if women avoid you because you're ugly as sin?

26 with receding hairline here. How fucked am I.

Attached: 0955E193-6BA3-4BE8-B868-EE09FE7C8580.jpg (2316x2757, 1.21M)

trump loves it

Attached: 48362062_105349163849633_6596131887532474368_n.jpg (960x960, 64K)

Seems more than fine to me.

It’s going back in both corners. Doesn’t help I have a massive forehead. A little bit of thinning on the sides but nothing on the top.

Attached: 291D647A-B276-48D5-8B87-3229BBB78867.jpg (1457x902, 183K)

This is fine too. I mostly have this, except now the rest of my hair looks visibly thinner, which is why I am concerned over it now.

But you look absolutely fine to me. Some male pattern ain't bad at all.

26 also. You look like me when I was about 19. 7 years later and I have a pretty sizey forehead and now super thin on my crown.

It could be worse user, enjoy it while it lasts.

Yeah I don’t have the perfect hairline, but it could be way worse. My hair was much more curly/wavy when I was younger, but my hair is thick enough now.

My friend gets a buzz cut because all his hair thinned. His dad was bald so he knew it was coming. My dads hairline at 64 looks better than mine only because my forehead is way bigger.

Thanks, user. Will ask my doctor tomorrow. Will try fin and if that doesn't work, or if I get tired of trying, I'll buzz it off.

Be brave, anons. I'll try to be.