Anyone into climbing?

anyone into climbing?

Attached: shoes.jpg (2055x1585, 1.82M)

no.

ye onto your mom xD

Yeah climbing into your parent’s bedroom at night and stroking your dad’s cock, spitting in his mouth a little and leaving without a trace

thats very kind of you

Yup! The best I've climbed is a 5.10a

Funny how these idiots trolling have probably never stepped foot outside in the past 5 years. I’ve been been climbing for almost 10 years now. I started when I was a kid but never really took it seriously until I was a teenager. There’s nothing better than the thrill of testing and pushing yourself against all odds, I recently just climbed a just kidding it’s me again I wanna stroke your dad’s cock and spit in his mouth.

I struggled up a 5.11 before but I usually stick around 9 or 8 just for the workout

I've been working on a 5.11+ but the last few holds have zero grip.. I just got a hanging board to work on my grip strength, so hopefully that helps

just jump

my best is 5.10a but I do it rarely now. I'm more into Trekking. Recently did classic route Mont Blank. It's a pity i have to go coz I'd love to know how /b climbs

Yes my man, but I don't know your shitty Yosemite Decimal System, that shit's cancer.

lol why?

We don't use that in the UK, it's a trash system innit. French Sport is where it's at. (Or British tech if you're doing trad).

and what system do you use?

French mate, best for Bouldering and sport.

ya but how does it work? how is it better than giving climbs a number rating?

also, bouldering is a different system

Higher feet my guy,

+1 on this

Currently climbing around f7a, or 5.11d /5.12a for your yank system.

trying so bad to break in a set of la sportiva Solutions, anyone got good shoe break in tips?

how does the non-yank system work?

walk around in them

It's still numbers, but no decimal aids, it's like
f6a, f6b, f6c, f7a. It's just better, then the bouldering grades are the font system which have a similair format but are slightly adjusted to account for boulders being a load shorter

Nice one man, is that redpoint or onsight grade?

I heard a lot of people saying wearing them in the shower works because the heat makes them meld to your feet. I've never tried it myself I just want to kill myself for like 2 months.

so what does the f stand for? in the "yank system" a 5.x means its vertical

I did a five day abseiling course, it was the toughest thing I've ever done, physically and mentally.

no climber, but i have just seen the film / documentary "free solo". more exciting than a triple a hollywood blockbuster. for those who are interested in climbing, this documentary is certainly an enrichment.

Attached: hKRfEojWr1ipeLZtqG7XmiXrixG-2.jpg (2000x3000, 1M)

i dunno what its about, but free climbing is for assholes

F stands for French innit

XD

Nigga he was soloing not free climbing

Currently redpoint grade, I can onsight up to 6c with the right style.

Ive heard about the shower as well, but I know it deteriorates the materials faster and I would rather they lasted longer for good face climbing

Font grades, are french numerical system,
6a, 6a+, 6b, 6b+ .... 9b+ for instance,
its the same as using the Yosemite decimal system but denoted differently, and is commonly used more widely, as YDS pretty much only used in the states

>if earth is round
>how come shoe look like this
>and not this

What Honnold does is free Solo, not free climbing.

Free climbing just denotes you climb on the face of rock with no aided equipment, but safety systems, (ropes, belayers, quickdraws and protection) are allowed

it says free solo...
im canadian
free climbing is when you dont use any equipment except for chalk and shoes

Bruh, you are wrong, it's called Free Solo yes, not Free Climb. Google Free Climbing.

You literally said you're not a climber so why are you trying to chat shit

i said what?

100% wrong of free climbing bud,

chalk and shoes can be considered just bouldering on small boulders.

free climbing is climbing with the use of protection but nothing to aid in the climb itself, like this for instance in pic.

Free solo, as the title suggests, is climbing big wall, without any form of protection

Attached: 011_orig.jpg (318x477, 45K)

to clarify, the pic is an aid climb, not a free climb, incase my wording was shit

Oh, my bad you're not the guy who first posted about Free Solo. But you're still wrong, free climbing is different to soloing and not what the film was primarily about.

My man out here laying down lessons to this nigga

For films to really illustrate big wall climbing, I prefer the Dawn Wall. I feel it focused more on the climbing than the nature behind the attempts.

Why argue semantics with people who are clearly educated in the topic, when they admit they arent educated? baffles me

Well when I pointed out their error just to help them, then I had someone arguing that I was wrong and I just wanted them to know the truth my G

oh no were educating them hahah, I mean the other half of that coin lol

ive been climbing for decades but have only been outside once or twice

Its definitely harder, and some crystals of rock are much tougher on your skin too.

actually that's a lie. i bouldered at squamish a few times. granite with quartz in it. fucking tough on the skin

Fuck that,

Worst I've had so far is some dartmoor granite,
sharp as razor blades, and sandbagged as fuck!

just started bouldering in the past 2 months -- much more enjoyable and challenging than a gym, still some climbing chads though

rock gym only; my life is too high value to (to me) to fuck about on a rock face. best exercise in the world though. I used to think that freeclimbers were balzy as fuk, then i saw some documentaries...they're mostly autists or burnouts...super dissapoint.

That's awesome man, but I fully agree, I've been climbing for ten years now and see people that think they're God's Gift to climbing because they warm up for 30 minutes to climb a 7a.

I fucking hate the pretentious cunts who think that their presence at the climbing centre is a gift.

Climbin into yo momma's pussy!

Attached: 1555077421857.jpg (500x375, 49K)

Fuckin legend

its the people who go to the climbing centre and don't climb but do yoga or pull ups ffs

no. i live in a city like a civilized person.

its called buildering

meant for

Yeah for real, and you can see them looking around to make sure people are looking. Their faces just have that expression where you know they think they're better than everyone else.

It pisses me off so fucking much, legit makes me enjoy climbing less, the fact that there's now this culture of climbers who just take themselves way too fucking seriously.

At the end of the day you're climbing a fucking rock mate, if you've got a £35 Organic t-shirt on that's not gonna change your ability compared to if you were wearing some £5 plain t-shirt.

Literally 40 years ago climbing was a dirtbag sport, guys literally slept at the crag, woke up and climbed and that was it. Now you've got a bunch of middle class wannabes watching their nutrition, doing yoga and spending ridiculous amounts of money on shit that they don't need and making sure that everybody knows they're doing it. It's pathetic and I wish they'd just fuck off.

I could rant about these stupid cunts for hours, if they weren't involved I'd still love the sport as much as I used to.