Are there any married Yea Forumsros here? How much should I pay for an engagement ring...

Are there any married Yea Forumsros here? How much should I pay for an engagement ring? Is 100 bucks enough or too cheap?

Attached: 765.jpg (540x952, 97K)

Not married.
Depends on your budget. If you're a poorfag 100 bucks is a lot and it should be enough. If you have enough money, you're being kinda cheap. Depends on how much you value a dollar.

also post tits pussy or feet of your fiancee

Pay what you can afford and what she's worth

those diamond monopoly fuckers made the statement that it should be 3 months salary
also, where the fuck can you buy an engagement ring for 100 bucks?

Not married.
Buy what you think she'll want. If she loves as much as you do she'll love anything you buy her. As long as it's not complete AIDS of a ring.

Homer gave marge an onion ring and it turned out alright for them.

At least a months salary.

As much as a decent night out in a brothel, so ~500€.

This, 1 months salary, 2 if you don't make minimum wage, 3 if youre on welfare

Better watch out .
I had a friend that bought a ring for his girl .
And she just stared at him and told him : That cheap?
After that they got into a fight . My friend explaining to her that he doesn't have money and so on.
Eventually they broke up because she was a gold digger.
The ring it doesn't matter . If she trully loves you then it will accept it as it is.

do you relate everything in life to a simpsons episode?

I've been married for 14 years. We still have the rings we bought at Walmart for 100 bucks total.

Attached: FB_IMG_1564419374670.jpg (443x960, 53K)

It's all dependant on your relationship. If she truly loved you, the significance of the ring should be enough alone without ever considering a price.

Depends on the girl. if she's materialistic, a month's salary at a minimum. If she's not then 100 bucks should be fine

this whole salary thing is obviously made up by the same people that sell the jewelry. people shouldn't invest so much emotional capital in extraneous symbols.

Save the money for a nice honeymoon or something. Cheap rings are fine. If she has a problem with a cheap ring, she is prolly a gold digger. (Married 4 years, wife's engagement ring was about $100. Wedding ring was $75)

fucking poorfag lmao

Married 19 years now. Her engagement ring was a 10 dollar ring from walmart and her wedding ring was a 15 dollar one. I bought her a more expensive ring later, but she never wears it. She only wears the cheap ones I first bought her.

got both off amazon and they look great. about $40 total. it's not about the rings man. spend what you save on a vacation.

Nice bait nigga. You couldn’t buy a cheap ring for 100 bucks and if that’s all you have, you probably shouldn’t be getting married in the first place. But here’s a bit of knowledge for the Yea Forumsros just cus I’m feeling magnanimous... instead of putting a large amount of money on a ring or a honeymoon, but it toward a house and grow your personal wealth. That way you can buy all the jewelry and vacations you want when you can fuckin afford it. Idiots.

Attached: 0C51D23E-8A4E-44E6-950D-92DE83876A50.png (241x230, 163K)

Might as well get a ringpop if you are thinking about only spending 100 bucks.

100 bucks is way too cheap. If you're gonna do it, do it right. Don't be fucking stupid and finance a ring from a box store on credit, go to a local pawn shop or cash for gold store, most of them sell jewelry and will offer a layaway program, you may even be able to talk them down on the price.

Buying jewelry from anything that says Kay's, Zales, JB Robinson, Stuhler, Sterling, etc they're all owned by the same monster monopoly and charge a 10-15 time markup.

Spent less than 2k on her engagement ring and our wedding rings. Only spent that much because she was worth it to me. She would have been happy with a silver ring tbh.

Self made coconut wood ring.

You say that like it's somehow a bad thing

hows emma ?any idea? does she still sing?

It won't last. Get off cheap because it won't resell. If it does last you can always upgrade it later.

Not to sound cliché, but if she truly loves you she won’t care how much you spend. I understand wanting to spoil your girl, but I could only afford an $80 engagement ring and the wedding ring was $250.
>inb4 poorfag
I know already, you miserable cunts, but my wife loves them both

I make about 65K/year so I'd only put down 3K min and 5K maximum if it was the girl I think I'd spend my life with. Nothing that costs $100 will last you a life time and if you don't really want a life time then you shouldn't be asking someone to marry you.

P.S. I suspect you're the type of fella that likes to fuck midgets so heres one for you

Attached: 1556204077067.jpg (801x1004, 100K)

>It won't last. Get off cheap because it won't resell. If it does last you can always upgrade it later.
Very true.

The same people who say to spend three months salary are also the same people who made up the "Diamonds are Forever" ad campaign (as well as the whole diamond engagement ring in the first place).

Diamonds have very poor liquidity/resale value. Most likely, if your fiance/wife/ex-wife ever needs to resell the ring, it's going to a pawn shop for a quarter of the amount you paid for it. Getting actual cash for anywhere near the amount you paid for it is rare, unless it is some kind of antique with historical value (ironic since they invariably look like shit compared to modern laser cut diamonds).

The only way you can get appraised price """"value""""" out of it is by trading up at the jewelry store you got it (e.g. they'll give you 100% credit towards buying an even larger, more expensive rock).

The big issue is, diamonds are not set in price due to demand vs. supply. It's set simply because DeBeers and the resultant collection of child companies (listed here) wanted to sell it for that much, and could because they controlled the world's supply.

Call me cheap, but I'm not dropping approximately 16k on a fucking ring.

All this being said though, I would still spend more than $100 simply because a $100 ring is probably so fucking cheap it'll invariably be poor quality and literally fall apart over time, lol.

How dumb is going to look if a prong breaks off of the setting and you lose the rock? Or if the ring is made of such low percentage gold that the other metals stains her finger?

Why get married? Are you marrying up? Does she make more money than you,

Women are smart at this game, studies show that successful women are much less likely to get married vs successful men. Don't tie up your assets in a marriage, and prenups can easily be thrown out.

If any woman were to even 5hink of forcing me to get a marriage certificate thats a red flag.

Couldn't agree more

take the money and pay a good lawyer to draft an ironclad prenup

I've always wondered if DeBeers meant three months gross or net.

I assume gross, as it would force more people to get financing.

>$100
>good lawyer
Choose one.

Worked as Zales for 2 years during college. The amount of jews and niggers that go there to "impress" their girl. Dont be a jew cuck, buy her something pretty and cheaper. The cubic zirconium memes are legit and a much cheaper alternative. There is literally no reason to blow money on a tiny piece of jewelry, ESPECIALLY an engagement ring.

I'm assuming he has more than just $100 to spend

It's the thought that counts, so pay whatever you feel like paying. I made my wife her wedding ring it must have cost me at least £20 but she loves the fact I made it and spent hours getting it just right. All the effort for her.
To this day she doesn't know I paid the shop lifters the £20 she's as proud as punch. Been married 20 years now still sucks my cock like a demon. So done something g right haven't I.

Theres plenty of other stones you can buy that are honestly visually better and far more rare. I got my wife an opel ring with accenting diamonds. Was about 1400 dollars. She loves it.

Optimism. I like it.

That's so true, especially when you get bigger stones. A big diamond actually kind of looks plain compared to an equally large and clear sapphire or ruby for instance, and those aren't even the cooler, rarer stuff.

It all depends on the girl.

My brother-in-law and his wife bought each other some cheap "LotR" rings and they have good income.

IMO no need to break the bank on a piece of jewelry. If she doesn't feel the same, you may want to rethink marrying this chick seeing that you are even considering buying her a $100 ring.

Married guy here. I would say 100 bucks is way too "cheap", but the reality is that the price of the ring really doesn't matter. Believe me, it is not the most important for her to say "Yes" and for you both to be happy if it i the good choice. Well, I only adviced you to spend more time thinking about your relationship that about a stupid piece of metal. Sorry for my bad english, french guy here.

In another 20-30 years, when she starts to doubt your ability to surprise and make her laugh, you should tell her that story. Also record it and post it on whatever replaces YouTube/the interweb.

Completely depends on how much of a materialistic cunt she really is. I know people that doesn't mid 5 figures and the bitch still complains.

Depends entirely on the girl. If you're considering marriage, you've probably been with her for more than 5 years can hopefully tell how materialistic she is.

Like most women she'll probably crave the attention of something eye catching to show her friends, something to make them jealous. Its how she'll weigh your worth, against the value of her friends relationship's. So the money hardly matters - what will matter is the quality of the stone and how much thought you put into it. You could always find out her favourite stone, maybe take her on a geology tour or some shit to get talking about it.

But ultimately if she's the right girl and says yes then that matters more than how much you spent. Hopefully its a long and happy marriage, even though statistically it probably won't be. Good luck user.

Attached: 57683.jpg (500x344, 38K)

How old are? How long you've been together?

If you get a CZ engagement ring you will be mocked endlessly by her family as will she by everyone

I sold my dirt bike to pay for mine

Shallow, materialistic social norms like this are the sort of thing that really makes me lose my respect for the institution of marriage. Here's a wild thought - Have all the sex you want, without signing a contract that wagers half your money and belongings that you'll only ever have it with one person, ever again.

Attached: 1553750350814.jpg (552x510, 249K)

You've posted this thread before, and it's to try to justify you being a cheap fuck. Wither you're young and 100 bucks is a lot to you in which case you shouldn't be getting married, or you're poor as fuck and should get a decent job before you get married. You need money to get married. Weddings cost money of you want them to be memorable at all. Girls dream their whole lives about their weddings. Dont ruin that because you have a wedding budget of 15 dollars. Wedding dresses, cost of venue, and meals have to be provided to everyone, to name a few things. Most decent places charge around 80 bucks a meal. Get a job and wait until you have no debts and are financially stable.

If you cant afford it, do this until you can.

Genuine question for you, what's a geology tour (not OP btw)

Tits or GTFO
dumb cunt

Fuck that I'll have killed her by then and moved onto a younger model. When that menopause starts kicking in they age 20 years and generally become even more of a miserable cunt. I already have started looking 7 or 8 years younger than her now. Women don't age half as well as men who keep relatively fit as it is, after the menopause 90% of them just become old women who stink of piss.

This. Think about how not only she will feel about the ring, but also her friends, her mother, her family, etc. It sucks but girls are bitches and will always compare their things and she will feel inadequate if you buy her a 100 dollar ring and they have 10k rings. Ask the mom about what she would like and her friends. Might get lucky and have the mom offer up her ring, in which case you'll be set cause itll be free. I bought the ring before talking to her mom, which was regrettable because the mom offered up the grandmother's ring. One of the 1st things the friends wanted was to see the ring, and her engaged/married friends wanted to know the size of the diamond.

what you can afford is enough.

whats wrong with that?

Attached: its-just-a-drawing-58eb2417a03ef.jpg (480x350, 54K)

You wish, fucko.

Attached: 1537886050304.png (680x510, 117K)

>marriage is only for people who aren't poor
>being this out of touch

Attached: 1558483104226.jpg (293x259, 30K)

I mean I guess you can have fun getting married at a McDonalds

min 2 months salary, is what i heard

Happily Married here, where are you from and roughly what do you make a month?

Obviously you can cut corners from this, and save on hand me downs and DIY, but it's near impossible to get married at a nice location with your friends and family present without money

Attached: 2018-Wedding-Costs_Infographic-770x1373.jpg (770x1373, 93K)

what is this girl's name?

That's stupid, I was making 4k a month when i got engaged if I spent that much my wife would have made me return it for spending that much on a pretty rock. Lol

I dont think you have to do 3 months salary, but under 1k is gonna be a cheap ring

Honestly base it off you and your girlfriends values. I didn’t spend anything on my engagement ring, I used the ring my grandpa proposed with. Our wedding rings are super basic gold rings too. We don’t find the jewelry to be worth more than the relationship. Why start off in debt? The money should be spent on other more important things. If she’s a vapid cunt however expect to pay two months salary minimum

spend whatever you have to..i would find someone who wants rid of an engagement ring myself..there has to be alot out there...have it cleaned at a jewary store ask how much for one of there ring boxes...

Do the best you can. If 100 is really all you can spend, then that's alright, man. If there's love, she'll feel it. But if you can afford more, try to do it. Doesn't have to be thousands of dollars. But do what you can.

"Cheap" is a relative term, It all depends on their situation.

This

3 years salary

Attached: 1_oVdFZgDlATawsd3aVlReiw.jpg (1500x1028, 210K)

Agreed I suppose it depends on social and economic stature