Are these claims that "the earth is fucked in 18 months" true?

Are these claims that "the earth is fucked in 18 months" true?

Attached: EAgIFcjXoAEqlYz.png (640x557, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7W33HRc1A6c
foxnews.com/world/chinese-renewable-power-giant-builds-global-empire
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Spring
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3QkDcgtHf0g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>18 months
No,

The only big news source that reported this was BBC

youtu.be/7W33HRc1A6c

99.9% of all species that have ever existed are now extinct.

Fuck no. The whole 90% of scientists agreeing is bs. First of that poll came from one place and asked only like 30 scientist, most of which knew a fake climate change would keep them being funded so they went with it... Fucking Texas just had a "cold" front in the middle of july.

BBC is a pretty high standard of reporting
Without googling I think I vaguely remember they're talking about runaway effects.
It's not like we're all dead in 18 months, but without a serious change of course within 18 months, were sealing the deal for climate catastrophe over the next few decades/centuries.
But it is already a problem. I'm missing a lot of work over heat. My job site shuts down over high heat days (45+°)and record summer after record summer isnt helping.

>BBC is a pretty high standard of reporting

Attached: 1541862759878.gif (275x154, 1.83M)

No. But that doesn't mean you should drive a v10 truck and never recycle. Dont be wasteful, reduce reuse and recycle.

Go tell those billions of Chinese and Indians to stop throwing their trash in rivers which is the main cause of sea pollution.

Things are just fucked and we are all going to die. We shot a bunch of hear trapping gas (co2) into the atmosphere, and surprisingly it got hotter. Nothing can adapt fast enough to the adverse conditions. I dont really know why nobody fucking gets it

China is the number 1 co2 producer. Go tell them to reduce their emissions.

Why do i get banned from facebook when i speak about africa and overpopulation and birth control? I wasnt even being racist

China is the world leader in growth in renewable energy production.

Only white countries need population control. Didnt you get the leftist daily talking points?

Yeah its the coal burning. We should Probably stop shipping it to them

Wow they brainwash you guys that bad

To what end are you making this point?
Because I rarely hear this not followed by "so we should do nothing".
If a cheaper, better more reliable energy source appears, China will jump all over it.
And they're in the top 10 countries for renewable energy production, and number one in growth. So put your parrot points away

No, the earth is fucked right now and you’re living in it, enjoy.

Never heard Anyone who has even the slightest clue wtf they're talking about tell others they're brainwashed.

It's not and at this point it's just annoying. I'm sick of shizofags coming up with some new out every year. Shut the fuck up until you KNOW we're finished.

>doesn’t even mention bees
What retard created this?

Shadowbanning patented by facebook. They were so fast and greedy to get this through. Its a powerful new medial weapon and jews needed it patented. Because more control about what and what not has to be seen.

What would a good source be for you? Name one that isn't a tabloid.
Will fox news do?

foxnews.com/world/chinese-renewable-power-giant-builds-global-empire

It's much more humain to let the world population hit tens of billions and have them die of famine and disease you bigot

>Are these claims that "the earth is fucked in 18 months" true?
Rolling for truthiness. Please God be true. I'm sick of this world.

At some point all the laws you pass are just for show and do no help. Sam fransisco banning straws is a great example. After the video of the straw being pulled from the turtle nose people were outraged and pushed for a ban on straws. Even though America does not dump trash in the ocean but places like India and China do. Nevermind that video wasnt even made in American waters but off the cost of a 3rd world country.

We have laws in other countries about news reporting you don't have in the US.
Your news outlets are allowed to seemlessly blend fact and opinion and give misleading information.
In other countries opinions must be seperate and clearly marked, images and charts must be fair and representative, facts must be reported in full as are, and you're not allowed to say shit like "there was a 100% increase in crime!"
Pop quiz. Why is that last quote a problem even if true?

18 months no.
In 5-10 years civilization will collapse from food shortages, wet bulb temperatures and super storms.

Banning straws is useless. Many experts came out against that.
And the goal is a better energy source. Put out policies that punish companies for poor energy practices, they will use their r&d to find better energy sources.

Guaranteed the miracle green energy will be funded by oil companies.
Heck there are Canadian firms who already have technology to pull co2 out of the atmosphere and turn it into burnable fuel which, if mass produced would make our carbon footprint negative.

I'm from Scotland, your assumption I'm a burger is wrong. The BBC news is a fucking rag mate

What if the facts show minorities commit crime at a higher rate than whites? Does your news still report it? But yes. Our news media has become all about sensationalism instead of actual news.

Very objective and fair having a talking point interview about death of kashoggi with a saudi official wow

So that's the idea here.
Banning straws is just hippies telling themselves they're awesome and companies getting business and marketing appealing to their smugness.

Yes, they do.
We had a "summer of the gun" here about 10 years ago I remember where our murder rate spiked because of a black low income area had a bad crop of teens.
It was very much covered, and race was not left out. Obviously there was no "Deez niggers!!" The facts were presented. You would read things about the state of the neughbourhood and poverty being a role and shit like that in very clearly different outlets.
We also don't have the same numbers from black people you do in the states.

I used one of the new star bucks olds that replaced straws. It uses more plastic than the straws they replaced. Which goes back to my original point, dont ne wasteful. Also throw your trash away responsibly and recycle what you can. But also realize that in 3rd world countries they dont have the resources to do all of the above and they are too worried about where their next meal will come from or if they will have access to clean drinking water so the last thing on their mind is reduce reuse recycle. AMD there is more people in India living those conditions then there is living in all of America.

We paid billions and billions to companies extracting oil from the earth, in the future we will pay billions and billions to companies to filter CO2 out of the atmosphere and put it back into the earth. The earth will be fine, we will live, and the rich will get richer.

Consume less
Recycle and re-use
Buy local vegetables and fruits
Take the train for long distance
Ride your bicycle for short distance
Have max 2.5 kids if non-white
Have max 3 kids if white
Save on electricity
Save water
Dont buy things you use only once
Eat less meat
Stop buying anything made from palm oil
Stop buying rare tropical wood crafted deco

This.

Yes, absolutely.

Attached: hqdefault2.jpg (480x360, 9K)

Agreed!

Probably not 18 months but the earth is pretty much fucked, yeah. At this point, big corporations are the only people that can truly decide if we all live or die.

>Have max 2.5 kids
nigger what the fuck?

if we dont do anything in 18 years certain effects will be irreversible

It's the average number of kids a black woman has with each baby daddy. She has 3 with Tyrell, but only 2 with J Dog

>Fucking Texas just had a "cold" front in the middle of july.
You don't find this odd?

lmaooooooo "90%" "30 scientists" you dont know what the fuck you're talking about kid

>Fucking Texas just had a "cold" front in the middle of july.
yeah sounds like everything is just fine then

Dude, the earth is fucked NOW.
We've known this since the 1960s.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Spring

Source? Not doubting, just curious

For sure, but these things make a dent. Even cars are nothing compared to something like 20 companies that produce 50% of emissions.
Go after them. Incentivise, subsidize, fine, limit. If using fossil fuel becomes too expensive they will innovate.
And on the point if I don't remember who mentioning china. God. fucking. Forbid. An international axis superpower devises a new better energy source before we do and breaks their dependence on oil. That would be a massive geopolitical problem if they decided not to share.

This was a consensus. It doesn't mean they asked scientists their opinion. They analyzed all available data and studies and research on the matter and found 90% of papers point in the same direction. In science this is an overwhelming consensus. A few different papers are expected due to anomolous data, or poor conduct.

Not too long ago some Swiss scientists came with the revolutionary idea of just planting a shit ton of trees, a solution which would solve a massive part of the climate crisis.
Planting trees is pathetically easy.

Did everyone go outside to mass plant trees?
Nope, they sat at home panicking over climate change and how "nobody does anything".

Same thing with nuclear energy.
Clean, safe and as Chernobyl proves in the case of a meltdown still better for the environment than human society is.
But no, nuclear energy is scary and evil.

God Fucking damnit I hate people who are anti nuclear.

Very true -- just like when Al Gore said we'd be underwater years ago,

this tbh

> planting trees

sounds like a filthy fucking hippie idea

lets rather pay a few trillions to some company that returns CO2 back into the ground

Only if you’re so in love with this catastrophically stupid ape species that you think “the earth” will be fucked without us. It’s just heading into another epoch. Won’t be the first time most complex life has died out and the planet radically destabilizes... its usually not this stable anyway, so actually a more volatile environment hostile to life is the norm. If the human or any other species breeds billions of itself without also developing suitable intelligence to avoid easily understandable & avoidable ecological collapse, then when it does so, it’s just the nature of that ignorant species running it’s course and the life natural cycle of that species reaching its end, no big deal. Some species aren’t smart enough to avoid being killed off by predators some aren’t physically fit enough to survive changes in food sources or environmental variables. Humanity developed urbanization, but more importantly specialization, and in the process created the conditions for massive numbers of individuals to live either myopic or nearly completely ignorant of how the natural world functions, the consequences of which are observable and predictable. There are no surprises here, the species has ballooned beyond its ability to develop intelligently.

China’s by far the global leader at the moment. They should be, too, since they have the population to do so, the leadership with nothing to stand in their way, and they’ve industrialized faster than any country on earth and are facing the consequences on a compressed timeline.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3QkDcgtHf0g

No, but it will be eventually if we don’t change our habits.

I'm the guy he was replying to. In growth* not production. But oh boy they're coming.

The statistic was made by writing something like 400 authors that wrote climate change articles. 90 something responded to the survey and of that 97% agreed on climate change. So imagine that, authors of climate change articles believe in climate change. Also I'm not denying climate change, just pointing out flawed statistics.

Cherylnoble was the fault of the arrogance of the Soviets.

Funny how they keep moving it back each year for the past 5 decades.

The BBC is a fucking joke.

Funny how they don't tell you how damaging Fukushima has been to the ocean.

You forgot a couple:

Stop wasting resources on war
Stop driving/sailing/flying irrelevant war machines around polluting planet

Ok