Cops of Yea Forums...

Cops of Yea Forums, would you say the job is worth it for someone just coming out of college with a semi-worthless degree?
>inb4 piggie/ fuck 12
I just need a job you niggers

Attached: cop-social-media-post.jpg (618x410, 23K)

No, no it's not. It's a shit job, and you gotta be dedicated to do it. Go flip burgers or something until you find your way.

You can only go do far. You will need more college to rank up

Like how far, like how soon would I need to get a masters

Where do you live?
In NYC for example an NYPD officer can make a great living off the base salary after five years on the job, and there’s a lot of opportunity for overtime work. And I think it’s 20 and out which it pretty sweet too. Great benefits, but i mean if you’re gonna get a city job I would go firefighter 100% of the time

I'm in Connecticut, but I could always transfer out but I don't know much about firefighting. DO you know the requirements if I were to just say fuck it and move to NYC

Yeah. It's fun. Not glamorous, and you deal with a lot stupid people and ghetto trash, but at least things get interesting from time to time. Fatality crashes, murders, vehicle and foot pursuits. It's not a lot of pay, but you can raise a family on it. Depending on your agency and where you work, you can also work side jobs. I live in a major city and private businesses like Walmart or bars pay us $50/hr to deter shitheads and arrest them when needed. Plenty of hotties hit on you at the clubs and bars if you're not ugly, but be mindful of that regret sex/rape thing.

acab

im in ct. don't become a cop unless you want to be a detective. cops get paid like 45k a year starting. youll barely be able to afford rent. the younger/new cops are severely underpaid in CT.

don't be a pig for pennies lol

Bro join a trade union and get a paid education. Fuck 12 and those pieces of shit. I make twice what a cop makes. 49.74 an hour.

Recommendations on a trade for someone who doesn't have much experience with that stuff?

underage gtfo

Be a firefighter instead, dont make the same mistake as me

join the IBEW electricians union. I got paid to go to school. I went to school during a work day and got paid for it. The last 2 years was night school. I fucking love my job and the work environment. its cool if you don't know shit because the guys and the apprenticeship will teach you everything. You're not expected to go in knowing shit. Don't wait. the benefits and pay is where its at bro

sorry Im posting again because my browser was fucking up.join the IBEW electricians union. I got paid to go to school. I went to school during a work day and got paid for it. The last 2 years was night school. I fucking love my job and the work environment. its cool if you don't know shit because the guys and the apprenticeship will teach you everything. You're not expected to go in knowing shit. Don't wait. the benefits and pay is where its at bro

If you don't pull a Daniel Shaver, then you should do fine.
If you don't pull over people for cheap reasons like a road pirate (like doing 3mph over the limit), just to fill a quota, you might be respected more amongst a population

If you're good with precision and math, do machining.
If you're good working with metal and fabrication in general, do welding.
Do both if you can, the more variety of skill you have, the better.
If you're good with understanding how electricity works, be an electrician.
Just watch out for companies with terrible managers, as they can make a fun day turn into shit in 10 minutes

This is all true. However fire Dept here has long waiting list. You can take fire fighting courses in college that will help but still real hard to get in. Pension on both is good but 20 years of overspending and asshole politicians could fuck that up.

If you tell people to be a firefighter. Then you need to tell them the truth. That they also have to cross train as a EMT.

I'm in CT too. The only places with starting salaries that low are shitholes like Bridgeport and New Haven. Most towns/mid size cities will have regular patrol top step at or near $75k-80k in a few years. And thats before the stupid amount of OT available to almost every department

You have to go state police. Any state. The local cops are dickheads and not worth a damn. That's why no one trusts then

OP, have you thought about a trade like Plumber or Electrician?

Been wondering the same thing. Currently in school on a nursing path, would be taking the nursing program next summer but I just think I’d enjoy my life more as an officer. Might sound dumb but I need adrenaline; and in ER/Trauma I’ll definitely get that. Could say the same as an officer, but truthfully not a good thing to say going into it lol. I feel like it might be dumb to leave nursing for policing.

do a trade you inbred

>trade
Plumber or Electrician.

Plumbers make more money. Both have paid apprenticeships. Both have companies that will pay for your schooling.

Graduate in 4 years with no school loans. You don't even have to be in a union.

For electricians you can search for IBEW (Union) apprenticeship or IEC apprenticeship (Non-Union). There are other schools but those are the two big ones.

If you can't find a school, don't worry. Just apply to companies as an entry level apprentice. They will help you out. Let them know you want to be a journeyman at some point and they will sell you on the schools. It's a win-win. You get an education, and they get an educated employee. Go from making 12 dollars an hour to 25 dollars an hour in 4 years. Work with your hands and build things. There is great satisfaction in going home tired, but having something to look at and see your accomplishments for the day. Great career paths.

People will always want lights and their shit to leave their house.

If you make NIGGERS your primarie target.... think of the job satisfaction.

I tried that, those guys were a bunch of pricks. I worked my ass off and was never late. Always willing and wanting to learn. One dude that was teaching me left me at the job site by myself all day with no communication on what was going on so I had to find things to do for the day. They ended up letting me go because I wasn’t a part of their faggot butt buddy group like a week before getting my benefits. I should have tried to sue their asses but it was honestly the best thing to happen to me. I became an entrepreneur and made a couple of businesses for myself making way more money than I ever could with those fucking losers.

Yeah, that happens. It's a circle-jerk. Glad it worked out for you.

Just in case anyone ever asks you in the future, know that there are non-union apprenticeships also.

this, as long as you hate niggers, the pay should be a straight bonus

No. Go join fire department

where in CT are you?

Im from Seymour and the fucking cops there are massive faggots who act like they are detaining a fucking mexican transporting meth

I'm volunteer for firefighter and I don't honestly know if I'd want to be paid. Too many medical call bullshit that comes with it. The national guard or air National guard seems like a good cushion to do some different things every other weekend. And still work on a nice career.

Hotties will hit on you at a bar if youre not ugly regardless of your job.