It's been a second, but i'm back

it's been a second, but i'm back
tell me about your dreams, user

>what's the worst/best dream you've ever had?
>what did you dream about last night?

Attached: bb1.jpg (500x665, 110K)

ah, no takers?

Attached: bb16.jpg (500x371, 61K)

ah, worth a shot
maybe tomorrow will yield better results
i lurk until the thread dies though

Attached: bb7.jpg (750x1063, 146K)

last dream i had i met blake from workaholics and it was actually funny

i remember watching workaholics awhile back
blake was my least favorite character but my favorite of the actual actors

any more details?

Attached: bb2.png (400x350, 151K)

nah not really how bout u

Last night I dreamed of an elderly couple who ran a popular restaurant selling ice cream.

did you eat at the restaurant?

Attached: bb4.png (400x525, 246K)

I had a dream a week or so ago that I molested a friend's niece. I couldn't stop myself.

no

Bummer.
Any other details?

Is it something you think about outside of dreaming?

Attached: bb5.png (500x519, 330K)

Sure is.

I had one of those dreams last night where I bit down o something and my teeth broke apart. I was spitting the broken chunks of my teeth out all over the place.

I woke up and stuck my fingers in my mouth to make sure they were all intact

Dude, you're back! I was wondering if you'd ever show up again. Nice to know you're still alive and doing well.

>Any other details?
The elderly husband used the toilet before making an ice cream, sort of disgustingly.

Hey Em-user, nice seeing you again

Attached: 1558326639238.png (540x540, 196K)

I only ask because sometimes I have sex dreams about people I'm not attracted to.

Is that a recurring dream for you?

Tooth pain, I don't fuck with that, honestly.
Tooth-related dreams give me the fuckin' shivers. Was there any phantom pain afterward?

Thanks, I'm really happy you remember me.
I really did mean to return after my last post a few months ago, but I kinda fell into a slump. I'm getting out of it though.

Attached: bb6.jpg (500x207, 36K)

My best dream? I used to be able to ludic dream quite frequently. I could basically do anything, and let me tell you, theres no other feeling like it. Being a master of your own domain is just... different. It's tough to put the feeling into words.

Ever since I moved in with my gf, though, its faded away. I cant so it anymore, but I dont know the reason why. Perhaps it has to do with someone else being in the bed with me

No. Very rarely do I dream about molesting girls or anything in that ballpark, but I always feel terrible afterwards for a long time.

Remember me ? was the one talking to you about that manga and gave you that name

Gotta get some food, boomp the thread for me will you

Attached: 1563689247216.jpg (870x590, 125K)

Its wasn't necessarily painful in my dream per se. Almost... numb, I suppose. My whole jaw felt numb when I woke up, and it felt strange to bite down. Like my teeth had entirely changed shape since I went to bed.

Threesome with 2 cute woman

saw my grandpa fall over in the backyard and i ran out to help him. he moaned a bit as i tried to roll him on his side because he was throwing up and shitting on himself. and that was it. family is getting older and more senile. been having some fucked up dreams

Bro, if you ever feel the need to talk about other thing than dream interpretation, feel free to let me know.

I appreciate it, especially after months, jeez.
Any interesting or weird dreams lately?

That's unfortunate.
Is that why you didn't eat there?

Lucid dreaming is never an exact science and can be quite touchy, and lucidity in general is also a spectrum. Perhaps you can use these two facts in tandem to try again, if you want. See what gets you in the semi-lucid ballpark and adjust from there.

Thank you!
I do have a vague memory. If you were the one who told me information about the emanon manga in the first place, I do know exactly who you are.

I won't comment on the ethics of it, but perhaps it isn't a bad thing for you. If you have some lucidity, then maybe it could be therapeutic to an extent, and if you don't there's no sense blaming yourself for things you can't control, as long as you don't act on those thoughts in real life.

Attached: bb8.jpg (500x421, 91K)

>That's unfortunate.
>Is that why you didn't eat there?
No, actually, I wasn't part of the dream I was just a passive observer.

Had a dream where I fucked the pink thing from backyardigans

That's the thing, I dont know that this line you've drawn is as solid as it seems. It was a relatively hyper-specific scenario, but what if i find myself in one like it in real life? Do I just try and avoid them as best as I can? What if that doesn't work?

You don't have to answer any of that, I'm basically just venting now. Thanks for the responses.

Last time I think you said that you didn't read the manga yet, did you end up reading it then ?

I once had a sever head injury and was in coma for 3 days. I dreamed that i have met a girl at my job which was the daughter of the owner. We met a few times, took my everything to ask her out and she agreed. We dated about 2 years when she got pregnant with our first son. We married then, moved into a little house. I got a different job and she could be a stay at home mom. Had another son eventually and a little daughter. We raised them with all our love

Worst dream greentext
> lying in bed
> slowly drifting off to sleep
> girlfriend out cold next to me
> my mind suddenly shifts
> I feel much more relaxe> so relaxed I can't move
> butwhy.jpg
> open my eyes.
> my entire bed is surrounded by black, shadowy figures
> at least six
> ohmyfuck.gif
> I cant move, would be to afraid to even if I could
> They stare at me silently, looking down at me
> I try to move, but keep failing
> feels like I'm being held down
> I look over at the gan I have going
> mild tinnitus, always sleep with it on
> I try to focus on it, telling myself it's just a dream
> the sound of the fan whooshing helps keep me calm
> one of them notices me looking at the fan
> slowly reaches over and turns it off
> room falls silent
> ohgodno.png
> they dive on top of me, plunging me into darkness
> I can feel them all touching me all over
> I wake up screaming, waling up my girlfriend
> my girlfriend calms me, telling me it was just a dream
> look over
> fan is off

To this day, I dont know what exactly happened. I ALWAYS sleep with a fan on. I cannot sleep without. My girlfriend told me she didn't turn it off, no matter how many times I ask her

Attached: 7ebf20dbdc100665d63f964f73c545b7.jpg (500x672, 28K)

I wonder if there's a name for that.
I've felt it too. When I was younger I would have a recurring dream about drowning in a swamp, and upon waking up the act of breathing felt foreign and unusual.

I'm sorry to hear that, user.
Are you close to him?
My own dream journal is littered with dreams of my father suffering from things like that, so I understand.

I appreciate the hand you've extended, but I think I'm okay now. Without going into crazy detail, I quit my job shortly before making these threads, and the first couple threads I didn't post emanon, but just various smoking 2D girls, and they were actually just focused on me listening to peoples' problems or days, good or bad. With unemployment comes depression, and while I managed to keep myself occupied for awhile, it did hit. Either way, I'm feeling good enough to start talking to people again, so there's nothing to worry about, friend.

I see. I personally don't have dreams like that often, but have experienced it before. Is that norm for you?

You gotta do what you gotta do.

You do what you can to avoid doing damage to someone else's life or burn bridges you can't rebuild. If all else fails, and you really don't have that sort of trust in yourself not to act impulsively, just cut yourself off entirely. But that's just my advice, and I'm not a professional, nor is this my area of expertise. I appreciate you venting, though.

Attached: bb9.jpg (512x384, 66K)

You dreamed that while in a coma? Pretty nice tbh. I've heard of worst dream from someone who fell into a coma for 2 month.

> Lucid dreaming

I've tried just about everything in the book to get back my "ability" to lucid dream. Counting to yourself, getting a light mask, tying a string to your finger... none of it works. It used to be so easy. Not I always feel like I'm missing something from my life.

Hey, the last thing I always do at night is plug in my phone. Often when I forget to do it, i wake up like 3 hours early on accident, probably because my subconscious remembered. Maybe that dream was you reminding yourself to turn it on for that night?

Right after our daughter turned 19 and wanted to leave home to persue uni my wife started feeling nauseous all the time and couldnt articulate anymore. Docs said she had a brain tumor. Ive cried more tears than i thought i had, our firstborn couldnt come visit his dying mother because he went to the military without telling us. Other two kids came home and lived with us for a month which was the nicest time of my life. I told my wife that i loved her every day when she would watch the sunset on our porch. She had this tick where she would dance with her left foot while singing. She hated it but to me it was the cutest thing. After a month and a half of suffering one evening i went to tell her i loved her and she was sitting there. Leg frozen to the ground. I burned her and scattered her ashes at the beach in spain where she was from. I lived about 20 years longer than that to ensure our kids future. My girl made me grandpa of the cutest little fellar and i couldnt have been prouder. I died on the same front porch having lived a life of 67. Now let me tell you that it didnt feel like a dream. I remember her social security number.
Her dads perfume.
The plans of our first house.
The night where our daughter stopped breathing and we rushed to the hospital. I remember soccer games and lame parties and watching her dad cry at my wifes wedding. I remember everything in such fucking detail that everyone would believe me i'm a 70 year old man. I woke up after dying in my dream. The doctors asked how i was but first thing i asked was "are my kids ok??". They were baffled but put it off. I went to the bathroom and looked at myself. I was a 67 year old man in the body of a 14 year old.

Pretty fucked up way of reminding myself.

Seriously, though. This isn't something I could easily forget. There is almost zero chance of me not turning it on. It's been on every night for almost a full decade of my life, simply because I cannot stand my ears ringing when I sleep. That, and my room is always hot as balls, so a fan is always required for comfort

I know how it feel, and i think thats the reason i offered. Talking about my dream in your post really made me feel better about my life, so i wanted to give that back to you in your hard time. I'm happy to hear you're doing better now, but know that my offer is still out there for you.

BTW, you may have forgotten about me, but i'm the dude who dreamed about the mansion. Talking to you about it really made me feel better. Thank you, bro.

I actually did read the first few chapters.
It was really captivating honestly, but I had a lot of other manga on my list. Of course, while I was gone, I did read a lot of them through. Once I get done with volume six of Berserk, like tomorrow, I'll start it. Next time I post, I'll tell you what I think of it.

This is my worst fear.
How did you feel immediately afterward?
How do you think that experience has impacted you through today?

Sounds like you got a bad case of the shadow people my guy. Textbook sleep paralysis, fucked me up as a kid for years because I didn't know what sleep paralysis was as a mechanism.

But the fan, that's interesting. I love a supernatural explanation, but ever the skeptic, I want to assume that perhaps the paralysis was brought about by some unconscious realization that you were missing a common element of your usual sleeping pattern, the fan. Maybe that was the one night you forgot.
Effectively what is saying.

But maybe not.

Do tell, that's what the thread's about after all.

Trial and error, my guy.
Nobody said it would be easy, and it can be amazingly frustrating. Once you achieve semi-lucidity, take note of the circumstances of your sleep. Maybe wait until your girl's outta town or something and experiment again.

Do you think there's an explanation for these kinds of dreams, no matter how outlandish?
Tell me about your daughter.

Attached: bb10.jpg (869x1242, 277K)

Duuuuuuuuude. Dat feels. Maybe you saw your future? That kind of dream fuck me up as well. I really feel ya on this....

user... I wish I could say I understand what you went through.

Attached: 1551050270657.gif (286x119, 449K)

No fuckin' way, huh?
You're the mansion guy.
I don't totally remember all of the detail, but no way I could forget you.
You'd actually probably be worried about how much I thought about ya!
You manage to get out while I was gone?
Or did it not recur?

Attached: bb11.jpg (640x640, 81K)

Bruh what? You do remember me? Damn ahah I had that dream once since i spoke to you, but i didnt manage to get past my ''wife'' this time.

Dude, i'm genuinely touched you remember me. I've had so many fucked up dream since then, gimme a sec, i'll type one of them if you're interested.

Yeah, it stuck with me for some reason.
Go ahead, type one out if you're feeling it.
It's what I'm here for, after all.

Attached: bb12.png (500x662, 148K)

>I see. I personally don't have dreams like that often, but have experienced it before. Is that norm for you?
Wouldn't say a norm but I see these 'vision type' dreams every now and then where I am just a floating mind watching the dream.

I dream a lot. I used to have these reoccurring tsunami dreams. Man did I hate those a lot.

Sorry, I'm going to keep going. I never talk about these dreams, for obvious reasons.

They're not always sexual, or not explicitly. I had one dream where I was at a restaurant and there was a girl there I kept noticing, and I ended up grabbing her and taking her into the men's bathroom. I brought her into a stall and just stared at her until I felt too guilty to do anything, and I just left.

There was another one were it was a young neighbor girl I had talked with (I've moved since) and she asked me if I would have sex with her, and I remember exactly what I said, "maybe"

The one that made me feel the worst though, kept me in bed all day that day. I was with my younger cousin, we were going around a themepark, basically disneyland, and we stopped to sit on a bench, and we held hands, like mine on top of hers, it was really peaceful, it's probably the first time I've really felt 'in love'. Then I saw her dad, since obviously she wasn't there with just me, and the realization that it wasn't real, that this could never happen, that even if it could it wouldn't last, struck me full force, and it was all I could do to grab her hand as hard as I could, I specifically remember thinking "I'm going to break her fingers" but somehow she slipped her hand out and turned it around to interlock fingers, and I cried.

Well, it's 4:30 am, an I should definitely get to sleep. I'll try to have some good dreams to share on here next time

every time I eat pickles before bed, I dream about an angry young asian man in an old white van trying to ram me off the highway

I once had a dream and in it I had a cut in my hand and I was walking on the beach. I put my hand on the sand and the water washed over it, and tiny fish in the water swam into the cut. I could see them swimming around in my hands if I held them up to the light, seeing them wriggle through the veins and weave through the bones.

I've also had a dream where a team I was part of had to murder an immortal person. Eventually I was the only one left as the rest of the team got too worn out, but by this point we had decapitated the person. Burning the head did nothing so eventually I had to cut into the brain so they would lose their brain function. I remember stabbing a knife through the skull and feeling the bone shatter and then hit the soft brain underneath.

I've also had a dream where I suddenly turned into a really fat person (I'm pretty thin), and I was sitting on the floor. I leaned back into a chair and I remember how strange it felt for my arm skin to reach the chair long before my bones did, and I remember feeling the bones have to press through a thick layer of fat. I have pretty vivid dreams

An observer.
I'm vaguely envious.
Perhaps next time I have enough lucidity by chance I'll try it out, because sounds like my speed.

Ah! I used to have dreams about tsunamis as well. Do you live in an area where that's a concern outside of your dream? If not, what do you think made that element recur?

If there were ever a place to talk about dreams like this, it'd be on an anonymous forum in a thread about dreams. I'm happy to humor you.

That last one sounds intense, honestly. The inherent warmth that comes with a dream like that can be an awful thing once it's taken away. Were you notably lucid? It can be muddy to look back on so I don't understand if you have a clear answer. Sometimes I have dreams about sexual assault where I'm not lucid enough to control my own actions. I try not to beat myself up over it. Everything in dreaming is a grey area, user. It's the action or inaction you take in the real world that counts. If you think they stem from an unshakable guilt, there's always anti-anxiety medication if that's your thing.

(Hopefully) sweet dreams, user.
Tell me all about them, next time!

I giggled at this.
I don't have dreams brought on by foods but oftentimes if I eat just before bed can definitely induce something in the same vein as a fever dream.

Attached: bb13.jpg (690x825, 57K)

Ok.
So, what made that dream so fucked up is, i wasnt dreaming as if i was looking through my eyes. I was dreaming as if i was a security cam, in a white room, where a woman was held on a chair. I saw her struggle, trying to get out, but she could'nt do anything. A couple of minute later, someone else came in the room. It was a guy, only in underwear. He started speaking to the woman, until she spat in his face. He then went full berserk mode, started hitting her and doing mad stuff to her, untill she was unconscious, probably dead, on the ground. I woke up as he was staring in the camera, asking me if i was entertained enough.

What made me uncomfortable, was how lucid i was, and from what point of view i saw the dream. Imagine a old, bad quality in black and white type of recording. Thats how the dream was. As if i was actually looking at some lost footage from a murder scene. Woke up covered in cold sweat.

I live nowhere near the ocean. Hmm...

Ya know, years ago I watched 2012, and that movie had some scary tsunamis. They’ve always been my least favorite natural disasters, and I think that movie did it for me.
In the first one, I got washed away or something and then I woke up on the beach of India or something.
In the second one, I’m with my mom in her car and when a tsunami comes, she runs always and doesn’t unlock the passenger doors, and then I freak out in the car.
The third one I’m with my DAD, and we’re on a port. I see a tsunami coming, and I try to get his attention but for some reason he’s arguing with someone and doesn’t care about the tsunami.

They’re all fairly inconclusive, and I never felt any sort of conflict with my parents in my life so I’m not sure what all that’s about.

So, im back my dear Em-user
Last time I told you how I basically stopped having dreams after I moved in my new flat, and you told me how I probably had to get used to the new environement and with time I would probably get back my dreams

Well turns out I finally got them back yaay
Still not has frequent and clear as I used to, but it's getting there, so you were right after all

So recently I started dreaming alot about my long distance "gf" and it's the best thing, to have her close, but i swear it's killing me to come back to reality

Attached: 1559320913469.png (291x301, 118K)

I dreamed I fucked my wife's twin sister. The dream had incredible detail, and I remember it to this day. I never really fucked her, but I did fuck my first wife's younger sister after we split up. That was nice, but the twin dream was much hotter.

That first dream, what sort of feeling accompanied it? I ask because I imagine it could go either way.

The second one and third ones are interesting too.

All of them seemed focused on body elements, that outside of a dream might be considered horror. Do you fixate on things like that?

That's a hell of an experience. Reminds me of some urban legends about the internet I used to read as a kid. From your point of view, looking inside from outside, did you feel helpless? Or were you instead focused on what was going on inside of the room?

That second one, fuck. I've had similar dreams and I have anxiety just reading about that. Sometimes dreams aren't brought about by anything in particular. But perhaps, this is just a vivid idea you've had hanging out in your head taking shape, for one reason or another.

Attached: bb14.png (500x708, 189K)

First time posting on Yea Forums - for some reason this thread makes me want to participate

I had a dream a while ago - the whole world is ending. Everything has turned into wrenching poverty. I catch a disease and I'm about to die - it was genuinely the worst horror i've ever experienced in my life. I still remember the feeling of knocking at death's door - that everything is ending and its ending too early.

I'm pretty sure I was, if only for a moment. I remember a lot about it actually, I could tell you the 'theme' of the area we were in, haha, it was like a wild west kind of thing. I think there was a wagon in front of us, just for show. It's also possible I just burned it into my brain thinking about it after the fact so much. The strongest memory is what nearly crushing her hand felt like, which is a weird thing to focus on probably, but it's whats seared into the brain box the most.
It's definitely all guilt. I was on an antidepressant for a few months but I hated it because it worked. Guilt is a hell of a drug.

I was freaking out in that first dream, luckily I was with this park ranger(I think) who knew how to get the fish out, and he did rather quickly.
I wouldn't say I fixate on horror, but I do find gore/body horror kind of fascinating. It's one of the reasons I enjoy JJBA, it has a lot of that. I've had other body-horror dreams too, like having someone put their mouth over my eyeball and suck it out of my head, or having my arm ripped off so forcefully there were still pieces of ligament attached to the bone that looked like stretchy gum.

I think my tsunami fear has died down. I don’t know what I fear now. Sorry for anxiety(!)

dude, I've had a slightly similar dream except the earth was hit by an asteroid. I remember feeling the intense pressure of the heat from the air and futilely watching the wooden house I was hiding behind crumble to pieces, and just thinking, "this is it, this is the end." Scary stuff.

I did'nt feel helpless. I was, curious? Even if its fucked up when we talk about seeing someone being murdered. But, what hit me, was when he asked me if i was entertained enough. Because i actually felt like i was. Like i asked for this to happen.

Tbh, my curiosity is kinda dark sometime, but i'm not necessarily looking for that kind of experience ahaha

>earth

What do you think was the reason why you were scared?

I think it was going into the unknown and dying - I kept thinking to my self holy shit I'm actually dying. I am going to die I felt so terrified about having to face it so soon with no time to cope.

did you ever get another dream like that after wards?

I think another good way to explain it was this idea of hopelessness and being helpless too. What do you think?

Memories a little rusty on the flat thing because it's been months, but I vaguely remember and the advice sounds like me, for sure.
I'm happy you got your dreams back, though!
With time, I'm sure they'll become more vivid, but no guarantees, since dreams are fickle things.

I try not to talk too much about myself in threads, but this thread I've been doing it a bit, so what's a little more, eh?
Those are my least favorite kinds of dreams, they literally outrank every one of my worst nightmares. Euphoria, and then you wake up, and you're hollowed out. Nothing fixes that. I also have those dreams occasionally about people I care about from out-of-state, so I understand completely.

Do you think that event was inspiration for the dream?

I'm glad I could be here for your first post, user.
I think dreams like that act as a reminder that we've got a limited time here. Do you worry about events like that often?

Guilt fucks people up, user. And it fucks their dreams up with them. I know what happy dreams inspired by guilt are like. I hope you make wise decisions and that things get better for you in the future.

These sound quite Junji Ito-esque, actually. I never lumped JJBA with body-horror but I can see it now, actually. How did the ranger get the fish out? And also what ripped the arm off?

Never apologize for anxiety, or your dreams.
I used to have dreams about flash floods at the height of skyscrapers when I was young. Do you ever have dreams that relieve that anxiety?

Attached: bb15.jpg (338x338, 43K)

I was scared because I wasn't ready yet, I still had more life to live, and it was such a sudden death too. But it's also similar to your reasons.

Ironically, since having that dream I went through a period of severe depression and became very suicidal. I'm not anymore, but I've made peace with death and now the idea brings me nothing but comfort. That was the only time I've ever had a dream where I felt that impending doom of death, haven't had any since.

Yes, JJBA has a lot of other... things going on in it and it's easy to overlook all the cool body horror! I believe the ranger squeezed my hand in a way that pushed the fish out. And I was 9 when I had the arm ripping dream so I don't quite remember, but I believe it was a regular person, not a monster or animal or anything.

Don’t worry, I have like zero actual anxiety. I do have plenty of other completely random dreams, like me chasing a stuffed rabbit or pulling a bank heist with a made up crew, which are pretty frikkin cool.

Before this , when I was about 18-19 i began to go through a phase where death horrified me because I realized just how limited our time is.

Ironically after the dream, I began to cope with it much better - the bad news is I began to develop a great deal of FOMO - and can't do much without re-evaluating if I'm wasting my time and get very anxious and nervous when i feel like Im missing out on something.

When I sit at home on the weekends when all my friends are going out it drives me insane. I literally cannot sleep either.

what about you?

>be me. 7yo. Gamer
>lots of festivities. Nice sunny day. Fun in the air.
>looking for my man-sized robot. Went missing before his boxing match and I'm asking everyone I see
>a guy points to a weird swirling purple portal.
>I go through it
>completely different vibes. I'm floating through a murky purple abyss. Lighter on top. Darker at the bottom.
>floating on and huge jets of purple flames are raining down around me and in the distance. None touch me.
>A huge black humanoid figure comes into view. I'm floating right towards it.
>It's not my robot and it's the size of a football pitch
>I float up to its huge ugly face. Tell it to go away bc it shouldn't be here
>it ignores me and gives me this advise
> "when everything turns to nothing, you must be unafraid"
>I see a weird swirl in sitting on a floating ledge
>I grab the ledge and climb up
>I tell the giant it shouldn't be here and go through the portal
>mfw im back in the festival
> I ignore the entirely desperate dream I just had and carry on looking for my robot
._.

Morbid curiosity is very real, and I believe most people, if not everyone, has a primal fascination with things like that. It's one of the topics I like to discuss the most, outside of dreams. It's why I don't mind having nightmares. That sort of stuff fascinates me.
>Because I actually felt like I was
That's how dreams work; sometimes you don't have enough lucidity to control your thoughts, emotions, or memory during your dream.

Dreams have a way of bringing out the most primal fears in us, I think. It's not the cause that's worrying, it's the effect.
>I'm going to die
>I don't want to die
>It wasn't supposed to be like this
>Not yet, at least
These are things I rarely worry about outside of my dreams. Again, a reminder to not take the time we have for granted.

Jeez. I remember capping some panels of some particularly insane stuff while reading it, like the hook going through that one dude's head in part three aboard the orangutan ship.

Good to hear anxiety isn't a concern.
Your dreams sound similar to my own.

When I'm doing good, I'm out nightly or enjoying my time indoors. When I'm doing bad, I do nothing all day. I try not to worry about the latter as long as I do my best to get in a good place, because there's no sense worrying about time already wasted. Look forward, and all that, you know? Perhaps ask your friends to tell you if anything cool's going on when you're free. Be proactive.

Fuckin' wild ride, user.
Right up my alley, honestly.
Do you find that the message has cropped up in your life since then?

Attached: bb17.jpg (400x293, 45K)

No i think you're reasons are spot on.

This feeling that the best parts of my life - the biggest events and happiest moments. The entire ride all flashes before your eyes. And the suddenness of it made it so much worse.

Ironically, Ever since having my dream - I was able to cope with dealing with death much easier. even though before the dream thinking about death horrified me. Its strange that both of us had a similar dream and resulted in such polar opposite change.

Can I ask you why it made you depressed and suicidal? was it because you felt like there was no point to anything? and how did you make peace with it after?

me neither and i hope i don't get something like it agian.

Can I ask you: why do you think humans dream?

It is the one thing that all humans do regardless of race/gender/ etc.

I get this weird paralysis like state where I'm in bed, eyes open, but in this dream state where I'm freaking out because I can't move. Eventually I try so hard something actually moves and I snap into full wakefulness. There's no loss of conti uity like waking up, it's really terrifying. Worst normal dreams are probably the ones where I get shot in the head
Best.. the wet dreams where I fuck some girl I like. Though I've had some dreams of a life I want that would normally be great dreams if I didn't wake up and immediately start crying because it wasn't real and isn't happening.

Last dream I remember I got chased by some monster, got in a car and sped away, then crashed and ejected into a wall, fade to Black and wake up. I get killed in dreams several times a month

>Do you think that event was inspiration for the dream?
Not really. They are nothing alike, and I know both very well. I think interacting with the twin was the inspiration for the twin dream. At one point early in the relationship with the twin I would marry, I did almost screw the other twin. My sense of loyalty won out. Besides, once you screw both of them, you probably wind up with neither.

last message from tsunami man
you are nice and goodnight

>wild ride user here
Its been there every step of the way tbh.
The word "unafraid" meant a lot of things - unaffraid to speak out/ be different/ fight/ carry on etc.
And also Everything does literally turn to nothing and anything do so can at any moment. The important thing is how we recover and adapt to it.
There's loads more Ive gotten from it. I legit think some being spliced that message into my dream.

Yeeeeep, that's it. Sometimes we know the concept of death exists in the back of our minds but we don't really think about it until moments like these, where you're basically face-to-face with death itself. Since that dream, I think I at least know how I'd deal with death. I want my last word to be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (something I decided as a child) so I said that to myself, then kept thinking "I'm still alive I'm still alive" repeatedly until I realized I was simply asleep in my bed, and opened my eyes.

I was cheating on my gf at the time. I felt like a monster with a human mask since no one close to me knew. What really did me in was when the other girl told me all the ways I'd hurt her in the past. That's when I decided I was not worth keeping alive. I only pulled myself out because I realized just how manipulative the other girl was, cut her out of my life, and broke up with my gf.

I made peace with it very easily, when my life was so full of hatred and fear and pain, the idea of just.... fading into nothingness felt like bliss. Now I'm doing alright, but fading into nothingness still doesn't sound like a bad time, I suppose.

Yeah, i know morbid curiosity is something normal and something i feel is a big part of me, but still, i feel like i'm not supposed to feel that. And again, the feeling is so good, it feel like a drug, ain't it?

Btw, i still am open if you ever want to talk outside of this thread. I'm ain't much as a person, but i'd love to be friend with someone like you. Still, if you don't feel like it, i won't push you.

I normally have a really hard time remembering my dreams, but I had one last week that I still remember.

The world had gone through some apocalyptic event that completely covered it in desert. Most of the population was dead.

I was walking in the sand with these three guys in suits, who looked like business men. They were really kind, and I remember getting along with them really well.

We were walking for a while when we started passing these skyscrapers that were buried in the sand. There were only a few of them, but it was nice to see something other than the desert.

I decided to climb the most destroyed looking one to see what I could find. When I got to one of the floors I saw my ex there, looking the way she did when I first met her. She was sitting on the floor, surrounded by rubble with a blank expression.

When she noticed me standing there she ran up to me and gave me a big hug, and then kissed me. Then I woke up.

The dream was really peaceful and relaxing up until I saw her.

Don't worry about not remembering our last conversations, that's exactly why I wrote a tl;dr of what happened so you can have some context

Other kinds of dreams i'm having recently is about fleeing. I run, I ride, I drive, away, as fast as possible, I encounter roadblocks, my horse die, I have to climb a hill, but I quickly find a solution and keep on running away, sometimes because im followed by a mortal danger, someone that wants to kill me, sometimes im a fugitive on the run, and sometimes because of no particular reason
Whole dreams about a never ending life of escaping something, thing is, they are often quite enjoyable, because I solve problems, I escape death, it makes me use my brain in real critical situations, wich is rewarding because I am good at it in my dreams.
But that never ending escape of I don't even know what is, probably means alot about my life

Attached: 1554573266631.jpg (759x604, 31K)

I couldn't tell you what evolutionary purpose it serves, why lucidity is so inconsistent, why people don't remember dreams frequently, why people assign meaning to the most common elements, or even why those elements are common.

I really don't know.
I don't have a damned clue about the cause, and the effect varies from person-to-person. Dreams are one big grey area and these threads stem from my fascination about how it all works.

Sleep paralysis my guy. It's unfortunate. I fight it off when I catch it coming by fixating on moving one finger and nothing else, and if you manage to do that, you're in the clear.
I don't think I've ever had a wet dream. I actually totally forgot that was a thing. There's more information in my previous replies about happy dreams like you mentioned.

How long have you had frequent nightmares?

You're a smart man, user.
Thanks for sharing.

Goodnight and good dreams, tsunami user.
Thank you for sticking around.

I can appreciate the meaning you've taken from the dream and how you've applied it to your life. Tell me more about your theory that it was spliced into your dream.

It can be quite an intoxicating feeling, yeah.
You ever see something really awful, but you can't look away? There's whole threads and sites dedicated to things like that. The weird thing I don't even think most of those people don't derive pleasure from such things, they just have a natural curiosity.

Perhaps in future threads I'll drop a discord account or something. I've thought about it, but I'd at least like to see if I can't regularly make threads before I commit to something like that. It is my first time back in awhile.

Attached: bb18.jpg (400x239, 32K)

i dreamed that i got shot in a Penny supermarket while searching for onion flavored chips.The guy who shot me was tall, with a trenchcoat, kinda looking a bit homeless.When i saw him coming arround the aisle, i tried to run away, but he shot me in the back, i fell to the ground, got face-up, then he shot me in the stomach.It wasn't really painfull, it just was very very uncomfortable.After getting shot, i closed my eyes, wanted to move but couldn't, and slowly begin feeling how my mind like fell into darkness.I know it sounds weird but i have no other words to describe it.Then i woke up, probably because our brains can't process "death"

If I remember correctly, some scientists thinks that dreams are basically a side effect of "random" or unrelated signals triggering in our brain while we sleep, and it trying to make some sense of it all with your memory and life situation as a context

Attached: 1562448375391.jpg (519x521, 23K)

Interesting counterpoint (not the word i was looking for but it works anyway) in the fact that you were more at peace in a harrowing situation than you were around somebody that you once found comfort in.
What do you think did the earth in?

Maybe it's your brain practicing adapting to adverse situations under pressure. Like a job interview while you're sleeping. Do you feel like you're constantly running or avoiding things outside of your dreams? Even if it's just being too careful around certain topics or people?

Maybe it doesn't mean anything at all.

Misfiring neurons that bring up fragments of memories or ideas, sure. I subscribe to that idea, generally, but I'm less interested in the mechanism than the cause, reason, or result. Although, there are other theories about the mechanism that I read about, I can't recall them now, though.

You can die in a dream and not wake up until long after the fact depending on how not-lucid you are. I think it's less that our brains can't process it, and more that your subconscious was giving you a signal to wake up. If you're even more lucid than that, sometimes you can recognize you're gonna wake up before it happens.

Do you wake up according to a schedule?

Attached: bb19.png (400x298, 111K)

> wild ride user
1. Ive never had a dream like it since - a dream spliced into another dream with completely different vibes etc.
2. Advice like that was far too big for my 7yo brain to put together on its own
3. I knew that it was not supposed yo be in my dream while I was still in the dream - told it to go away bc its not supposed to be here
4. There was a lot of symbolism going on with the entire setting.
5. When I woke, I thought a demon had interfered with me. I was a logical person even as a kid, so this is a red flag.

Your thoughts, OP?

Think about it as much as you need. If its trough a discord, so be it. I'm just one of those dude who think a lot about life itself. And i feel like you're one of them, so thats why i insist about speaking with you. Not only to tell you my dream that i don't want to share openly here, but also to speak to you casually.

Man, i feel like a creep insisting like that ahahah

I dream about having bigger balls, these aren't ENOUGH.

Attached: 20190727_041003.jpg (2592x1944, 1.06M)

almost every night I have a dream of me dying. after I'm dead, instead of waking up, I sit in complete nothingness for what feels like forever.

Attached: IMG_20190718_160435.jpg (1112x1600, 572K)

Fair warning
In maybe less than fifteen minutes I'm going to hit the hay. I'll try make a post when I do, but if I don't reply to your post, I apologize in advance. Shouldn't be a problem, though, because thread's slowed down.

Ah, you're fine, friend.
It just may be some time. Like I said, I'd like to be able to at least post consistently before I commit to that sort of thing.

That's really interesting.
I don't believe in the supernatural, though I really want to, and have harbored a weird interest in it since I was young. I feel like I've had similar things occur but I couldn't tell you what they were. I try not to apply a definite interpretation to dreams, because they're unique, and the meaning you derive them is much more valuable than anything I could give you. I'm happy I got the gears turning, though.

Is it peaceful or dreadful?

Attached: bb20.jpg (1200x845, 221K)

>What do you think did the earth in?

I imagine it was something humankind was unintentionally responsible for. Like a machine or something like that, that fucked everything up.

Attached: 20190727_043941.jpg (2592x1944, 1.27M)

Good night bro. We'll talk someday, maybe.

Take care my dude.

Stop fucking posting your nut. Fucking faggot.

I'll hit off too

Farewel em-user, i hope i'll see your thread next time too

These threads you did somehow both came exactly when i needed them, and I have a strong connection with this manga, thanks for the these moments

Attached: 1557857642157.jpg (477x472, 30K)

Attached: 20190727_042144.jpg (2592x1944, 1.05M)

Alright boys, I'm calling it.
It's been really cool hearing about everyone's dreams tonight, thank you all.
I'll be back soon, I hope to hear from some people again.

Happy ballposting, user.

If I wasn't so disillusioned with post-apocalyptic fiction, those two sentences would be really cool information for one of my short stories.

Goodnight and happy dreaming, my guy.

Anytime, man. Either tomorrow night/tonight( it's fuckin three am here i don't know what's what?) or the next I'll be back I think. Thanks for sticking around.

Attached: bb21.png (666x508, 323K)

Best dream I've ever had? A few months ago I had a dream that me and my friends were back in high school, but at Hogwarts. My entire dream consisted of us walking around, talking about potions class, the latest quiditch game, and whatever other mundane bullshit was there. I don't know why but I felt so happy. It felt right. I never wanted to wake up. I wanted to stay in Hogwarts.
My most recent dream I had was that I met a cute a light goth/emo girl who wanted to go out with me. That was also pretty good.
Also, what manga?

Attached: 1561266712677.jpg (600x490, 27K)

>miss the end of the thread by 3 minutes
Fuck I busy reading people's stories and trying to find the name of the manga