Is it just me or are video games, generally speaking, not as good as they use to be...

Is it just me or are video games, generally speaking, not as good as they use to be? Something has clearly changed within the last 10 or so years. Made worse by DLC obviously, but besides that they're just shit now.

Attached: 1562394731617.jpg (1440x2560, 536K)

It's you.
You're changing, growing, improving, and becoming more critical (in a good way) and your tastes are becoming more refined.
The games you played as a kid weren't the most cutting-edge technology, and they didn't have masterpiece composers or emmy-worthy cinematics.
Some of the games you played were straight-up retarded or silly, but they were fun.

Fun is all that mattered, and you have fond memories of that. Your memories are fine, but you probably don't have as much time in your life to experience games with that same unrefined perspective you once had. That's life.

Enjoy your games, and take this generation's games with a grain of salt. This generation is having the time of their lives playing Fortnite. It's not a game I'd play, but if they're having fun, that's great. Let them have their fun.

I disagree because for the most part, the "old" games I like are critically acclaimed even to this day. The most talked about games on metacritic in the last few years are also the worse rated. How do you explain that?

It's a targeted demographic. You're just not part of it.

On an unrelated note you reposted my oc for your picture. Would you be interested in more?
My pic is the proof btw

Attached: A3F37F00-6393-4186-82D4-A3B1235ABB05.jpg (1440x2560, 550K)

internet breeds echo chambers. The same way tumblrinas came up with 500 different genders, enough people are going to say "OMG I REMEMBER SMB1 IT WAS SO EPIC!" it wasn't epic, it was interesting and fun, but if I hear that shitty music one more time, or see one more speedrunner faggot talking about that stupid game I'll kill someone.

I suppose your generation of games may be much different from my own. I grew up with Atari/NES. I don't know what you grew up with. It might be PS3 or XBox 360 in which case I will admit your argument is more valid.

>Would you be interested in more?
Sure, she's pretty hot

I would say N64 and the 2000s era games. I'm not an elitist or anything like that. I can enjoy a good game regardless of when it was made. But it just seems like the games these days are just shit, made to look pretty but nothing else. It's like that girl that's really hot but has no personality.

This, I feel the same OP and I think that its because of time mostly, being an adult fucking sucks sometimes

But it's not just me or you. For example the last Battlefield and Fallout games were wildly unpopular, and those series are relatively new.

Ass or tits?

More tits, if you want more conversation. Timestamp would help as well

>games these days are just shit, made to look pretty but nothing else. It's like that girl that's really hot but has no personality.
I think a huge part of that is that gaming is such a HUGE goddamn industry now instead of being a taboo hobby that would get the shit kicked out of you (back in my day)

Every fucking kid with ADHD that somehow can play videogames for 20 hours a day wants to be a game developer. Every socially awkward teenager wants to be a game developer. Every guy that likes drawing tits want to be a game designer. It's an over-saturated market crawling with indie developers hoping to strike oil.
Graphics catch the eye, and like advertising, you have only a few seconds to get peoples' fucking attention. Substance comes later (or never) but plenty of games are sold based on looks.
Sorry if I'm all over the place, kinda drunk, or at least trying to get there

Alright this man said tits

Attached: 8E10D932-6EEB-4FAF-85BD-430D1ED0F4E0.jpg (1440x2560, 509K)

Ass

Ass it is for you brother

Attached: DCBD80A7-929F-4C08-9343-298D92750ECF.jpg (1440x2560, 489K)

spread leg panty pics?

Another

Attached: 84E43A1F-0D2E-43FF-9FF1-606D5E4117D5.jpg (1440x2560, 485K)

Sequitial dubs! Nice. And sweet sweater puppies, would love to make them happy

Attached: D53240D6-EA01-491C-A93E-A712DF83457C.jpg (1440x2560, 515K)

Because games suck lol there is no real depth to a lot of games anymore, people focus too much on graphics and not enough on plot or good dialogue, generally speaking the replay value on a majority of these fames is nonexistant unless you play something like shooters or rpgs.

I myself have developed my focus to RTS and shooters, somewhere there is good competition and a challenge. Cant tell you how many hours I have sunk into tw:shogun 2 or the first xcom etc

Who is this girl to you?

Guess since you wanted sweater puppies I should have shown them in a sweater

Attached: 7C109637-6E60-4D3E-A7C8-582F91982694.jpg (1440x2560, 442K)

Used to have a thing with her

Attached: 9B9C203D-D3E0-4DCD-BA5A-439C594E6D51.jpg (1440x2560, 430K)

It's a rotting cesspool on both ends. Anyone who's worked at a major developer (aside from Nintendo apparently) knows the never-ending cycle of 'crunch time'. The lame excuse that our multi-billion dollar game costing 5x as much as a Hollywood movie ABSOLUTELY MUST BE RELEASED BY E3/CHRISTMAS/HALLOWEEN/CES/ETC and so you need to work 70hrs a week to meet this unreasonable arbitrary deadline. Oh, and we'll still shovel it out the door with horrific, completely catastrophically-unplayable bugs because we outsourced QA to unpaid interns. But pay us $100 for a Season's Pass and we'll release some extra clothes for your character!

Damn, you're so good to me. You have a way to keep in touch you prefer? Feel like we could have done fun

To put it short, the games themselves are much better, but the gaming companies have put profit above anything.

This means the gfx and worlds will be amazing and immersive but you will get heretical bullshit like lootboxes, in game purchases, and ads.

Yes, dlc is when it got bad. Some dlc is cool but shipping a game before its ready knowing you can just patch it later is awful.

Dont forget about the xbox subscription model.

Bruh. She isn’t posting these

Is she hispanic?

Why do people stick with those jobs if they're so bad?

Are you retarded?

Half black half white. Btw Dubs for face.

Attached: EBC6295D-BCCC-4C8E-A5A5-5CCE5D57B3E2.jpg (1440x2560, 447K)

Missed this at first, I like your style

More than just a little drunk, so yeah, pretty retarded right now. Dubs!!!

Because le epic game developer dream

roll

You said dubs, we have dubs

Bullshit. Fo4 is undoubtedly one of the best games of our generation if played on survival mode, over watch is fantastic, rocket league is the most original game to come out in decades.

>Fo4 is undoubtedly one of the best games of our generation

Attached: 1562369293415.png (720x663, 350K)

fuck off todd

roll

show face

It was before I posted the face offer and it was me lol. She’s pretty though so keep trying

Attached: 25DFFA76-79A4-44BD-9E8F-21ADE4997E92.jpg (1440x2560, 494K)

show face now

You rolled 69 thats gotta count for something

WE GOT DUBS

Dubs there be

in the hopes that they either gain enough experience to join a GOOD game development team or they build their own.

Ding ding. Trips for face and tits.

Attached: 9B717EBE-D2B1-4410-AAC1-A843116D3F52.jpg (1080x1920, 501K)

Well fuck. Looks like I gotta post this now.

Attached: 50770B1D-E193-465B-9563-2854AF4C3EA3.jpg (1440x2560, 462K)

For a nigger she's okay. I wouldn't say she's hot though, she was just blessed with great tits.

She’s pretty hot. I’d like to see you post better oc lol

Attached: 0F22995E-1D26-4ED5-A9CE-275CFBBAD966.jpg (1440x2560, 484K)

Not that guy but I’ll post some OC if you keep going

Attached: 6E43EC52-7856-4EAA-ADB6-8CC1F893156F.jpg (944x1258, 249K)

She has some big boobs

I'd race mix with this one. She aiight.
Thanks dude I came from her. Was edging for 2 HOURS looking for some good shit.

I like her nipples

Girl I used to hook up with, half Asian half white

Attached: AD64A6A9-5B20-4E5E-9440-9B4CB585A953.jpg (944x1259, 321K)

Attached: 86239871-88C5-47A6-AD94-319D7A713A5D.jpg (926x1235, 296K)

She doesn’t look half asian to me but she is still really cute

Eurasians are too cute to exist. This is a really hot thread all the sudden.

any pussy?

Slightly more Asian pic

Attached: 7BD0246E-EA1F-4DFD-B1EA-028A20E45C63.jpg (946x1262, 360K)

She never would do that for me :/ this is the closest I got

Attached: D9B96A6A-0530-4D57-AF17-BC2DF8F23541.jpg (3264x2448, 1.27M)

Hell naw. You're just getting cynical.

Games are amazing right now. Between the AAA games, the indies, and the now-growing mid-tier game market, there is an insane variety of things to play.

RE2 Remake, God of War, Binding of Isaac Rebirth, Horizon Zero Dawn, Enter The Gungeon, Red Dead 2, The Last Guardian, Detroit: Become Human, Doom 2016, The Witcher 3, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Killing Floor 2, Shadow Warrior 2, Prey, and so on and so forth have kept me busy, and that's not even counting all the other games I owned and haven't played.

Video games are no longer a balance between being a product and being a piece of art.

Now they are purely a product designed to extract as much money from you as possible. Same shit has happened with movies, they are all now focus-group tested pieces of bullshit designed to maximize revenue by having as broad of appeal as possible.

Damn if I didn't cum to OP's gf I would cum right now. Lost feeling in my hand and it's 3AM, gtg. Night guys. :/

She has some roast beef it seems but that is a really good picture

This.
You're just more difficult to please because you continually try to compare games

The witcher 3 is the only good game you named, the rest are shit

Be less of a bitter nerd.

discord
gg/8gQbNB

I have ADHD. My game consoles collect dust while I climb trees and run around

Prolly for the best.

Focusing too much on graphics and not enough on game play.
Streamlining for casuals and younger fans.
Overcomplicating things that were fun for being simplistic.
Releasing unfinished content and patching it later.
Charging for dlc that should have been included had it not been rushed.

>60 + 1-2 dlc every couple months. Heaven forbid you're into multiple genres.
I was considering purchasing a ps4 to play with my friends again.
Then I did the math.
I'd drop over 500 bucks on pissing a few hours away getting nowhere in games meant to take hundreds of hours.

>my timestamp
>is proof

Attached: sides_mine.png (460x360, 229K)