Just out of curiosity. Does anyone else think about killing themselves but are scared of what comes after...

Just out of curiosity. Does anyone else think about killing themselves but are scared of what comes after? Ive been havinng thoughts like that this past year. I dont think im scared of dying. Just scared of the unknown of what comes after. I dont really believe in god and didnt grow up religious but part of me is scared that im wrong. I know if i die and turns out all that religious shit is real id go to hell. I dont know im just drunk.

Attached: 9537F2B5-84FD-40FB-9498-70215CC77E82.jpg (771x723, 66K)

I just need to see how One Piece ends. After that, fuck it.

Yeah. Literally every day for the last 5 years.

Well, theres a few options. 1, and the most logical, is there is nothing. You cease existing, there is no thought, no nothing. This is likely the most merciful as well. 2, reincarnation exists and is either random, which is fucking shit, or is based on karma, which is pretty clearly not the case if reincarnation exists. 3, one of the manu religions gets it right, and you, not having followed their rules to a T, end up either sent to hell, purgatory, or, nonexistence (see 1). Either way existence is misery and hell, and best case scenario is we end up ceasing existing in all forms when we die. Fucking amazing world we got forcibly brought into, right? Oh also, theres the thought of what if its the first one, but you are with it while you rot, and experience your body breaking down until all functions stop entirely and you cease existing. Enjoy debating all this mentally in your head for the next until you die.

I felt this way a few years ago, i lost some hearing in my ear out of nowhere and got pretty suicidal. And had heart pumping realization i could be trapped in endless darkness or reincarnated into a slug or some shit. Eventually seeked alternative treatment and hearings back to normal. Everyone dies eventually so i guess we will know.

If the muslims are right, just being a decent person will get you into heaven just not level 7 gucci heaven you know. With christians and jews, that may get you purgatory (no idea what jews call it though since they dont have a hell). Also I'd really fuckin hope it isnt #1 there, that's the scariest of all of them next to christian hell

Also, if muslims are correct, there is no greater sin than suicide and though hell wont be eternal it sure will be the worst of the worst, so i wouldnt take that chance there

Don't get me wrong, i totally agree with you on #1 being the most terrifying. But realistically, we have no proof of anything BUT that being the case. Its depressing. And hell, I'd be alright with going to chinese bootleg heaven, sounds like it'd be aight. But quite frankly, I know I'd get punishment instead, and all religions seem to agree its pretty universally eternal punishment, or eternal heaven. So I'd almost prefer just not existing anymore. Its terrifying but so is the thought of being eternally tormented just because I am how I am. Because if THAT were the case, quite honestly that means that God is NOT forgiving, and as such there could be an argument for him being an evil being, considering most religions seem to agree he made us the way we are. Why should I be punished forever for being how I was made? Logically and morally this makes no sense. #1, for most people, is realistically their best option, unless like you say, being an okay person gets you an okay afterlife.

I'd expect another life totally different to my current one, and it just keeps going.
That is what I hope.

Attached: fdxgf.jpg (316x202, 30K)

I'd rather go to hell than have there be no afterlife and we all just cease to exist, honestly.

everyone that believe in afterlife is a complete retard

I dont think id mind purgatory all that much. I dont know much about it other than from what i read in the purgatory part of the divine comedy series. Id probably go there for envy and have my eyes sewn or whatever but that doesnt seem to bad. Not that the series is an accurate take of it or anything

Islam is the one out of the major 3 that guarantees heaven after hell, the amount of time you spend there is determined by how bad you did here but as long as you 1) dont commit suicide and 2) dont become a muslim then go full athiest/some other religion ya should be fine. Especially considering the fact that all the good deeds you have will effectively be multiplied by 7 and weighed against the bad to determine where you go, it's the most forgiving of the 3 (and considering it's the end of the trilogy and the only one not altered since inception, i'd argue this is how all three were meant to operate but thats a different conversation).

Biologically we essentially break down and our carbon is distributed to the earth, food and then to animals. If we relive its through a fuck load of beings. Consciousness is a trip too, our reality is based on our brains calculation, without a brain then what?

IIRC it's just earth again, but dont know too much about christianity

I was thinking earlier today, this is the only life I will ever live. It’s all done after this. Just black.

What if I just decide to give up on religion?
Personally, I gave up on being a catholic when I was 17, and never gave a belief or thought about religion after that.
I don't follow up with science nor do I try to defy any religion, what am I?
I just don't believe in anything and prefer to keep views away from it.

Now see, that I can get behind. I believe that if both an afterlife and a forgiving higher power both exist, then heaven would come after hell. Because if it doesnt, then God isnt really a benevolent being, now is he? Im glad some religions dont just go straight for the whole "eternal damnation" bullshit. Thank you, I genuinely did not know that about Islam. Though being serious, I dont think that any religion or science can really ever accurately let us know whats on the other side. I think its something everybody is ganna have to find for themselves. And THAT is the scariest part.

I mean sure. But theres just a small part of me that believes even after we die we still are in a “conscious” state. Thats what im scared of. Its probably just me being somewhat influenced by the popularity of religion even though i don’t necessarily believe in any of them

Thought about it, I don't really care if anything comes after I just can't come to killing myself because there's too many tendies to eat and dew to drink, too many vidja to play and anime girls to fap to, too many niggers to troll and girls to fb stalk

Dude, like what if man. You were already in heaven, but got bored. So you created another character to live out a life as based on predetermined choices the you in heaven already made?

Same here OP, I just want my death be quick and painless but scared what comes after, I'm just waiting for JoJo bizarre adventure to have steel ball run animated, and see if there's any other Republicans after Trump that's president

just dont be an asshole and ya should be fine. Giving up on religion as a whole because of how you were brought up is no doubt super forgivable so you'd be with everyone else in lvls 1&2, though it may be that 1-6 are open to just about anyone and 7 is reserved for the crazy devout. Being a Muslim gives you a boost but is no guarentee, and suicide bombing is proof of that. Sidenote, if you go back in Islamic history to like the beginning, and compare it to now, you'll see that the Arabs keep messing it up for the rest of us. Birthplace of all 3 majors in that area and they still cant quite figure it out, it's a bit aggravating

TBH I'm just keeping my affairs in order in case this works out, cause best case scenario im chillin and worst case im sweltering but a big ol middle case, nothing happens.

i need to see the fall off your horse scene animated

The divine comedy was early shitposting, all of the phases of purgatory / hell were just satire versions of real life and the people he placed in there were either historical figures or people he didnt like irl
although I thought it was well thought out and very solid shitposting

Okay, i can agree with that logic. But then we gatta ask: what exactly constitutes sin? Can even thoughts count against you? Urges that you dont want to have, but do anyway? Do the mentally ill go to hell for something they have no control over, even if they never ACTED upon those urges and thoughts?

You go back to the room. The one you never really left. The one you’re dreaming in right now. This experience is about your unique take on life. Your very own flavor of ice cream. However you want to punctuate it’s ending is up to you kiddo. You just go back and decide what game to play next.

Attached: 9F03EDD4-8EB7-4017-B76C-96DF42DB58AB.jpg (858x821, 359K)

I know. Its just the only thing i know about that jas to do with religion. Plus i just enjoyed reading them because i played the game when i was younger

Only actions you take with full control of yourself. People who have disorders and disabilities have their own shit to deal with, and people with murderous tendencies even more so but everyone will be fine in the end. Those who are severely disabled like heavy downs or something probably have a free ticket. It's the same mentality that says "if you cant pray standing, sit" or "if you can't afford to pay charity, don't worry about it" or "if you're travelling and miss a prayer, don't worry about it (though it's a good habit to catch up regardless)"

this is a bit of an excerpt and an oversimplified version of what my schizo neighbor told me
To get through heaven you have to go through hell
and he related it to 3d

It was a pretty good read tbh, and I do think some of the parts might be accurate

I have a religious girlfriend. Im not religious. She says that she used to be suicidal but she found God and that he pulled her out of that dark state of mind and shes been happy ever since. I remember noticing her being a lot happier as time went on before i started dating her too. Maybe god is real. Sucks i cant bring myself to have that same experience

This. I am not suicidal. I fear death as not existing. My hope is my consciousness transcends into the universe but that is scary horror shit.

What if what is strange and alien is us flesh being made of carbon?

So say somebody WANTS to do something sinful, but refrains. That would then not be a sin? Even if they fantasize about it, as long as they never DO it? Its a slippery slope, I'll admit. But they would then still not have sinned enough to go to hell for that, then? At least according to some of the more moral religions?

Maybe once you get older it'll click, but trying to force it or getting forced into it will defnitely leave you jaded, so take your time even if that means you never end up doing it.

No faggot. I'm scared of what comes during.

I dont know about the others, but thoughts mean jack shit in Islam, because they are so much harder to control than actions. You can fantasize as much as you want. If you end up doing it, well rip but repenting and not doing it again basically absolves it as long as it wasnt too bad, otherwise it mostly absolves it. It's all about forgiveness if you avoid the people spouting propoganda and the hadiths, just the book alone is pretty easy-going compared to others

"all that religious shit"? "hell" is a modern creation. in the earliest known religion of the mesopotamians, the afterlife was shitty for everyone. the kings went to a place where all their crowns were tossed in a pile and they lived to serve god--sounds pretty fucking advanced and ironic, like something out of "the simpsons" or "south park"--and everyone else ended up as blind birds living in the dark. it was simply a "dark existence" for common people.

"hell" is just supposed to be the "afterlife" but it has no definition.

Nah i aint worried about that. I own a few guns and im sure those are quick and painless.

I honestly wonder which sense you lose last when your brain is blasted. definitely not instant, animals on this planet have grown to be too resilient for that, us included.

Probably depends on what part of your brain gets damaged the most

Well, either way Im always glad to learn about new views. Maybe I'll have to read more into Islam. I still find believing in an afterlife to be very difficult, but it cant ever hurt to read about every religion i can, just so i know what some other thoughts on the matter are. Thanks for taking the time to explain some of this to me, never would have known this kinda stuff about it otherwise.

if you get hit hard enough by a bullet you just die instantly. it's an effect that hunters discuss to feel humane. even with a big deer, if you're using a big enough bullet, it causes a certain shock to the system they really die instantly.

for a human, with a little bitch ass 9mm to the chest, maybe not.

I'm more than happy to, but I don't mean to convert, just inform. people in the past couple decades have just been shrugging off all of their faiths, and info on them that is reasonable is difficult to find without just translating the texts themselves, so no prob dude

I'm sure there's a saying. "Death is the easy part. Dying is the hard part."
If you think about it, everything in the universe is recycled. Once you're reborn, it's like your "saved game" restarts from the very beginning with no memory at all of your past life.

oh yeah i forgot the brain going unconscious on a dime was a thing. also shock would probably help eh. lil differnet with decapitations, thats where i got my guess from but direct brain trauma probably warrants near painless, save the initial jolt

Well tell me if I’m wrong but I read a chapter in the Bible and it says the dead are that god doesn’t like just die and hell is the common grave.

Oh Im not that easily converted. But I DO want to read more about it anyway, I find reading religious texts to be more of a philosphical thing, to be honest. Besides, even if all I get out of reading it is a better understanding of the religion itself, thats not a bad thing. Im mostly interested in it because most religions Ive started reading more about basically all say things along the lines of "act and think exactly this way or eternal punishment when you die" and that just, doesnt sound right at all. That gives me a very negative view of the universe as a whole, and makes me doubt what they say at all. It seems many religions are about control, not about faith.

not even the head... the impression i got reading about it, reminded me of that stream coming off of a hypersonic jet... like that when it hits, it delivers a serious forceful blow that resonates through the flesh. i'm assuming it has to be some sort of fat pointy bullet. vietnam rifle shit. i'm no gun guy but the whole effect to nervous system seemed interesting.

My friend died in car accident and got brought back to life from jump starting his heart with the shock. And he said it was like being there then out then being alive again so I imagine there’s nothing op

The people who found power in preaching used the religions to control, and perverted them (educated guess there). there are bits and pieces in the other books out there though and the Quran is full of it. In Al-Baqarah/The Cow (first chapter) lines 62 and 113 are all about accepting the other religions (specially 113, specifically towards the other abrahamic ones) but you'd never hear about it without reading so good luck and have fun bro

right, my old sunday school teachers suggested we do the same once we finish the quran at least once through, just read the other books