Hello are there any mechanic Yea Forumsros around to help out

hello are there any mechanic Yea Forumsros around to help out.
i wanna buy a project car pic related
that tire that looks fucked can that be fixed by getting a tire alignment? or do you actually gotta replace parts in there to make it straight again?

Attached: projeccar.jpg (640x480, 76K)

On that I don’t know. Send a pic of the backside user

Not a lot to go on from this pic, but if I had to guess from experience I would say the bearing and hub assembly are fucked. When replacing those, you will want to do the other side as well, but you don't have to. You're probably looking at around $600. You'll need a mechanic to look at it to confirm, though.

I should mention that it's a lot cheaper to do it yourself, and it's really not that difficult. YouTube and google are your friends.

That’s a broken control arm. Not bad to replace if you’re handy and have the tools

Could also be a ball joint, a control arm, bent or broke tie rods; you'd need to remove the tire and do a visual inspection to see what's what.

Attached: projec3.jpg (640x480, 52K)

heres a few more pics

Attached: projec2.jpg (640x480, 56K)

last pic

forgot to add image

Attached: projec1.jpg (640x480, 58K)

Tbh OP. If this is the car you want to buy. I wouldn't suggest it. It could be a small handful of things. However your camber is fucked for sure and no an alignment wont fix rear camber issues

That's broken suspension. If the pickup points on the chassis is still solid, then all you'll need to do is replace broken parts. If the mounting point on the chassis are damaged, there's a lot more work to do. Can't tell from here.

Would this be a easier repair? im broke af so im trying to get a somewhat easy to fix salvage car to commute

Attached: othercar.jpg (640x480, 41K)

Attached: other2.jpg (640x480, 43K)

Attached: other3.jpg (640x480, 38K)

Attached: other4.jpg (640x480, 41K)

Attached: other5.jpg (640x480, 49K)

Looks like decent hit. Before you buy make sure to bring yourself a mechanic to inspect the metals to make sure there isn't any structural damage. Cosmetic damage is fine and cheap to fix. Also maybe get a different car since you're a poor fag. Get yourself something reliable because that shit is gonna be expensive to upkeep. Try just about any 4cyl Toyota that isn't hybrid.

You’re broke af but you’re looking at new ass cars? Look at a 2000-2006 Taurus or something like that is cheap. Stop looking at salvaged cars if you can’t tell if it will work out for you. That will give you so much trouble in the long run is it not worth it. Most insurance companies don’t even let you put full coverage on salvage. So if you pay 10,000 for a car, fix it for 5,000. Say you get rear ended and it toltals the car again. Insurance wouldn’t cover shit. Usually only up to 50 percent.

Attached: 2D7E9A2F-F572-4CB7-858A-BF87492DC919.jpg (480x480, 59K)

OP, by the way you think, I bet you're a nigger.

That will be expensive as fuck to fix.
The first one doesn't seem in bad shape except for the wheel, you probs need less than 1k to fix that.

Don't listen to these assholes. That car is safe to drive as is.

wheel definitely bent, which means other suspension parts are most likely damaged and in need of repair.

It shouldn't be too much of money, but do expect to fix various things as well as that quarter panel

Tbh you might need to replace the rear diff. That could cost a lot depending on where you are.

Most mechanics will rip you off tho make sure you hire a good one

$40 for after market parts
about 2 hours to fix

Good luck op

a kia sorento project car... your broke ass should stick to walking

with a wheel that bent inwards it's like the suspension. you fucked that up pretty good op. wont be cheap, i'll say that much. an alignment wont cut it. take it to a local shop. inspections are generally free and they can give you an estimate.

Pffff.

Attached: F6AAC77C-CB67-4A12-A6FB-7E15C6E819EC.jpg (1600x900, 410K)

Ya that’s a rear diff replacement for sure that things plastic pretty much

windshield, entire door. rear quarter panel. and misc potential mechanical issues. not pretty. also not cheap. not worth it on a v6

This looks flawless.

Attached: 76D8CC8C-3E9F-440A-96CD-354ECFBBC101.jpg (800x450, 24K)

if you're that stupid you shouldn't buy a project anything. You think thats a simple alignment? maybe just get something cheap thats fine but ugly paint or some shit cuz you're retarded.

Op if you dont know what ypu are doing ypu will get fucked..

Ive made good money and lost gpod money on salvage cars...

Attached: Screenshot_20180713-075630.jpg (836x403, 305K)

Lmao same shit happened for me on the sti i posted, needed a full strutt assembly, control arm, tie rod, spindle and to replace the crossmember...

Pic related, i lost 10k on this car. Flexed hard with the nigger rims but it was a teaching lesson

Attached: Screenshot_20190716-215720.png (720x1280, 673K)

Buy an 98-02 Toyota Camry that has already had its timing belt done. Drive into ground. Repeat.

Listen to this faggot op, unless you have access to dealer pricing and you have connections you WILL get fucked.

Although you can find gems, i paid 5 grand for my daily back in 2016

Attached: Screenshot_20190727-014530.png (720x1280, 444K)

Ehh looks good, only if airbags arnt deployed and he gets it for the right price.. you can get everything from parts recycling. Most expensive part will be the paint tbh

Attached: Screenshot_20190727-015147.png (720x1280, 609K)

Chevy's are shit, especially new ones. They're also expensive as fuck to fix so don't even try.

If it was worth fixing, the dealer would get it fixed and sell it for more.
They aren't fixing it for a reason

>kia
>project car
>accident
>rear looks foobared
>has no idea how to repair
save yourself the humiliation and don't.

Attached: 1539637274923.jpg (549x732, 77K)

>foobared
It's fubar you idiot. The spelling matters since it's an acronym

If these vehicles are at insurance auctions, it's because they determined they're too expensive to fix. Unless it's all cosmetic damage (which judging by what I'm seeing, it's not), you'll have a hell of a time doing these repairs if you're inexperienced. A door that doesn't damage the frame would not have totaled the car, especially these newer vehicles. However, a door that is so damaged that it screws up the frame around it WOULD easily total a car because you'd have to fix all the adjacent metals around it so that the replacement door closes properly. Not an easy task by any means.

Don't buy the car user, these auctions are usually for mechanics to either pick up a car for parts or in some cases to repair and put back on the road as a deathtrap.

Yeah just get an oil change and you'll be fine

This user hits the nail on the head.

/end of thread

Samefag

Well, car was probably rear-assed, and probably everything is fucked. Links, shocks, shit, unibody... If you wanna improve your skill - try repairing it. Otherwise stay away since shit is unsafe

You should line up another dummy to take that off your hands when you get in over your head. Should you buy an obviously damaged pos car when there are literally thousands of perfectly good used cars available. No.