Does this pc come with an i9 processor, or does it just have the ability to upgrade to it...

Does this pc come with an i9 processor, or does it just have the ability to upgrade to it? If it doesn’t have the i9 processor, what does it come with? Also, does it have HDR?

dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-desktop-computers/alienware-aurora-gaming-desktop/spd/alienware-aurora-r8-desktop/features

Attached: A04665C7-22B8-4131-B695-AE4198355BE0.jpg (640x342, 27K)

In its standard configurations it comes with either i5 or i7, but you can customise if you spend at least another £350 for an i9

How about hdr?

Are you asking if a PC has high dynamic range?

Yes.

Did you ask here because you got laughed off of /g/?

Can PCs have hdr or not?

I see it comes with ectoplasm which is always a bonus in any decent gaming rig

No. HDR is a camera thing.

I'd get a pc with a better graphics card, maybe a 1070 ti or something

That's $600 American, which I assume is relevant to OP since he posted a link with en-US in it.

It's Dell. You can customize it. Does nobody see the customization links on the page?

I think a mac pro will suit you just fine.

you can get one of those desktops with an i9 or new amd cpu on newegg.

Beat me to it, based user.

Link one to me

Bump

You don't need i9

inconspicuous bait thread

I have extensive knowledge on pc hardware thats why i ordered me samsung flatscreen for the fast responsiveness of actions at gaming. I also do some 3d modelling but not very ram hungry. Most ram hungry is my vidya collection of the newest high res games and i hope to survive for atleast 5 years with this rig. So that i actual games can play in HDR at atleast 60fps. And i get win10 for multitasking thats why i was asking for the i9

You would be better off buying individual parts for your needs rather than buying an overpriced underpowered alienware.

I'm a little confused by you - lots of experience with PC hardware and you dont understand the CPU in question or whether a PC is capable of HDR? I think you should do your own research and not ask here personally. You are literally asking to be laughed at - and I mean that with respect man...

>HDR is a camera thing
And they laugh at me?

Yeah I agree with you there lol. I mean technically it is - but that post kinda made it sound like that was the only technology capable of HDR - that's why getting advice here just plain sucks. Too many people with zero qualifications apart from watching their mate build a pc one time and now think they know alm there is about IT...

That's a monitor setting boyo

Not setting i guess, but feature. As in you need to be an hdr enabled monitor.

Not exactly- to get HDR the pc hardware will need to be capable of it too. If you have a shitty graphics card that doesn't support that then it's not happening. Yes the display - whether that's a monitor or TV will need to be capable of HDR too, but to day its just the monitor 'setting' isn't helpful or even correct!

See my rewording, its more of a feature. And dude fuck you, it's literally a setting on some monitors. His equipment needs to be up to snuff, but at the end of the day if he doesn't have a screen that has an hdr display it doesn't matter how powerful his shit is. "High Dynamic Range" refers to the screens ability to show "richer" colors so at most he'd have to download an hdr patch, other than power his equipment means nothing.

They fucking laugh at you because
>Prebuilt shitter

OP it comes with HDR but super HDR is the new standard, you'll nerd a gigawatt flux capacitor for the amount of power required to run this thing.

That costs 6 gold pressed latinum bars with a federation seal.

I can trade mine and the bars for 1 BTC. OBO lmk

>buying pre-built

Ok calm down lol!! See without all the 'fuck you' shit, that latest post was more informative and would have actually helped OP. But also - just because the monitor is HDR, doesn't mean the PC will run HDR. Like I said, the hardware IS needed to support the colour range etc... classic example - my Sony TV is HDR capable, but I could plug in some shitty old dvd player and the TV will only display what that device is capable of (SD if we are talking DVD'S). And yes, before you try and come back on that, I do understand up-scaling, but the source will still not be HDR, even if the display attempts to try and make it so...